More In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm

Transformers News: More In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm

Sunday, June 16th, 2013 12:32PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 18,354

By way of HK-TF's oscarfung we have nice a series of images showcasing Transformers Generations Voyager Class Sandstorm. Sandstorm is a heavily retooled and repainted version of the previously released Transformers Generations Voyager Class Springer. The retool give's the figure a new head, new larger rear tires for a more dune buggy look that fold out to become rotors in his VTOL mode, and more. Check out the images mirrored below.

Credit(s): oscarfung
Re: More In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495838)
Posted by Rated X on June 16th, 2013 @ 1:07pm CDT
That whole hovercraft thing is either you love it or hate it. Personally I hate it. I hope theres a 3rd party helicopter fix...
Re: More In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495839)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 16th, 2013 @ 1:09pm CDT
Not gunna lie, it looks really cool. But my sights are on Springer right now, and I like to keep teams even, so unless they come up with an equally-sized Decepticon counterpart (Flywheels from Blitzwing, anyone?), it's gunna have to be a pass.
Re: More In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495840)
Posted by hinomars19 on June 16th, 2013 @ 1:10pm CDT
Nice looking figure, and I think maybe his alt modes are a smidge more convinving than Springer. Sadly for me it isn't Sandstorm. I really loved my G1 Sandstorm when I had him for Christmas, and this doesn't quite fit what I'd like for a modern fig of him. A fine looking Autobot though, regardless ;)
Re: More In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495843)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 16th, 2013 @ 1:18pm CDT
hinomars19 wrote: Has Sandstorm had any kind of more recent comic version that this could possibly be closer to?

If anything, he'll appear in that form in the IDW comics just to sell toys. 8-}

And cool, the fans rotate! Loving him more and more.
Re: More In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495844)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 16th, 2013 @ 1:19pm CDT
hinomars19 wrote:Has Sandstorm had any kind of more recent comic version that this could possibly be closer to?

Not that I know of. The closest thing I could find that (barely) resembles this Voyager is this:

The little backpack and maybe a bit of the torso look similar, but that's about it.
Re: More In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495847)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 16th, 2013 @ 1:26pm CDT
It really is a spectacular figure. Very impressive how he can support that backpack on those dainty legs. Bravo! Buggy mode looks more ridiculous every time I see it. :-?
Re: More In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495852)
Posted by G1 Legacy on June 16th, 2013 @ 1:45pm CDT
:-? The alt modes kinda resemble other movie franchise vehicles. Like Cristopher Nolans "Tumbler" Batmobile. And that hover craft reminds me of an airborn HK from the Terminator series lol.

I'm sure I'll end up getting this eventually but I've got other items higher on the priority list right now that I'm saving $$$ for I.E. Fortress Maximus and 3rd party Stunticons.
Re: More In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495865)
Posted by RiddlerJ on June 16th, 2013 @ 3:11pm CDT
Personally, I really like what they've done to the mold. First of all, I just like that they made so many changes when they could've just slapped a new head and color scheme on him and called it a day.

I do like that he's a VTOL craft. He would've looked to similar to Springer if he was a more standard chopper and I'm glad they chose to be more accurate to Springer. Sandstorm can get away with being more malable.

I also like the big wheels on his back. It makes look capable of bouncing around over rough terrain like a dune buggy.
Re: More In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495869)
Posted by Joetx on June 16th, 2013 @ 3:16pm CDT
I really like it, although I have more of a problem w/ the buggy mode than the VTOL mode.

Keep it up, Hasbro. I'll pay for a good retool, but not a mere redeco.
Re: More In-Hand Images: Transformers Generations Voyager Sandstorm (1495932)
Posted by MagnusPrimal on June 16th, 2013 @ 8:27pm CDT
I don't even care about the character, but I've got the figure pre-ordered. Looks great!
Sandstorm was a Wrecker in the comics, right?

Ending Soon On eBay

HASBRO TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS MOTORMASTER COMBINER WARS - Time Remaining: 6 days 15 hours 33 minutes 1 second
Transformers Universe - Commemorative Series V    Autobot Hoist - Time Remaining: 4 days 21 hours 50 minutes 13 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 4 AGE OF EXTINCTION LOT X 8 SNARL DELUXE OPTIMUS PRIME HOT SHOT +++ - Time Remaining: 7 days 7 hours 6 minutes 6 seconds
Jetfire MATSUSHIRO MACROSS VARIANT Vintage 1985 G1 Transformers Action Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 21 hours 8 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Beast Hunters PREDAKING Complete Prime Leader Class Figure - Time Remaining: 7 days 3 hours 43 minutes 49 seconds
Transformers DOTM Leader Class Sentinel Prime MECHTECH Complete Dark of the Moon - Time Remaining: 27 days 20 hours 15 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers G1 Skywarp 1980, 1983 Vintage Decepticon Takara Near complete - Time Remaining: 5 days 20 hours 3 minutes 59 seconds
G1 Transformers | *Powerdasher Overdrive Shrapnel* Booklets Guns/Accessories - Time Remaining: 5 days 20 hours 7 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory