More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit

Transformers News: More pics of  Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit

Monday, November 3rd, 2008 11:16PM CST

Categories: Toy News, Store News
Posted by: First Gen   Views: 19,985

TF Club has posted some more high resolution images of the Fans Projects Binaltech/ Alternators Convoy/ Optimus Prime TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade kit. The kit converts from a fuel tank to weaponry and a housing unit for the Autobot Matrix of Leadership.

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

Site sponsor Big Bad Toy Store has the set up for preorder at the time, although the projected ship date has already passed.

Check out even more images by clicking here.
Credit(s): El Duque
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (827710)
Posted by UltraPrimal on November 3rd, 2008 @ 11:19pm CST
Meh. I still haven't opened my Alt Prime that have had since he came out. I don't see myself break him out and buying set for him. I don't get the attraction. First people were saying Alt Prime was a horrible figure. Now he's being reissued and TFClub/FansProject is making this upgrade set for him. And people love it. :?
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (827743)
Posted by Stormrider on November 4th, 2008 @ 1:57am CST
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (827755)
Posted by Nickolai on November 4th, 2008 @ 3:20am CST
Hmm, if it's cheap, I might bite.

Anyone else think that it'd look MUCH better on Swindle and/or Hound? :twisted:
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (827783)
Posted by Mykltron on November 4th, 2008 @ 6:08am CST
The kit looks great but the fact remains that Bin/Alt Prime is horrible. His belly plate covers his thighs so he looks like he has no knees and his arm articulation is poor. So I'd say this kit would be better for Hound or Swindle and the Matrix, well, it looks quite small so maybe it'll go with a Classics Prime.
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (827865)
Posted by [JRX] on November 4th, 2008 @ 8:44am CST
Here's the real question:
Should I get this one, or hold out for a possible "Shadow" repaint?
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (827912)
Posted by Asphalt22 on November 4th, 2008 @ 9:30am CST
sweet but more than a little steep for a gun. Yes I know you get the matrix too, but still steep.
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (827949)
Posted by bossbot on November 4th, 2008 @ 11:28am CST
dunno bout this.....

its clever the way it teansforms and all ....realy well thought out.
But a spare fuelcan in the back of an srt10?

For 1 its a little big in scale
And second you would incounter a canister like than on the back of a (older) military jeep, in the boot of a rugged off-road 4x4 when someone goes mudding, hell even in/on any vehicle of anyone living remote.....

just NOT in the back of a a street-sports muscletruck ....its like a tank with a ski-rack on top.... only the other way round :p
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (827968)
Posted by kirbenvost on November 4th, 2008 @ 12:11pm CST
It looks really cool, but I'll wait until there's a black repaint. Just canceled my BBTS preorder.
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (828078)
Posted by Powersa on November 4th, 2008 @ 4:49pm CST
Not my thing. The color doesn't match plus it costs more than my Alt Prime.
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (828404)
Posted by Dreadwinglord on November 5th, 2008 @ 1:03am CST
Impressive
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (828550)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on November 5th, 2008 @ 7:57am CST
Stormrider wrote:What are the little tabs on the outside of the tank for? Does the tank attach to other Binaltechs/Alternators?

The tank clasps to the sides of the trunk.

And not bad at all. A matrix, a holder and a tank that turns into a big gun. Much better than the pistol he normally has :P If the price is right and if I see it somewhere (offline) I may get it.
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (831161)
Posted by Anonymous. on November 9th, 2008 @ 1:00pm CST
Damn, that's way too cool to pass up! I might just have to pick that up at BBTS. :)
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (831382)
Posted by Venksta on November 9th, 2008 @ 10:04pm CST
Re: More pics of Alt Convoy TFX-ABT-01 Upgrade Kit (831393)
Posted by El Duque on November 9th, 2008 @ 10:18pm CST
Venksta wrote:Hey guys. This is a FansProject item, not TFClub. Their two separate groups. That is like saying Chevy Mustang, or Ford Corvette. :lol:

D'oh! You are absolutely correct. I have no idea why I called it TFClub in the title, my bad.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Soundwave San Diego Comic Con 2016 Exclusive - Time Remaining: 3 days 3 hours 24 minutes 43 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Universe Nemesis Strika, complete - Time Remaining: 8 days 5 hours 54 minutes 52 seconds
TRANSFORMERS RID ROBOTS IN DISGUISE BRUTICUS FIGURE - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 57 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Generations Sergeant KUP & PERCEPTOR Hasbro & igea Gun &r Head Set - Time Remaining: 2 days 13 hours 44 minutes 46 seconds
BARRAGE TRANSFORMERS G1 100% COMPLETE INSECTICON DECEPTICON W./ BOX - Time Remaining: 16 days 2 hours 14 minutes 53 seconds
G1 TAKARA TOMY TRANSFORMERS LEGENDS NIGHT BIRD FEMALE NINJA Shadow NEW FEMBOT - Time Remaining: 2 days 7 hours 17 minutes 47 seconds
BUMBLEBEE • COMPLETE W/CARD BACK • C9 •TRANSFORMERS ROBOTS IN DISGUISE - Time Remaining: 3 days 12 hours 48 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers RID Car Robots D-012 Scourge (Car Robots) Action Figure Hasbro - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 6 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory