Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

More Pictures Of Star Wars Crossovers AT-AT And Imperial Shuttle

Transformers News: More Pictures Of Star Wars Crossovers AT-AT And Imperial Shuttle

Tuesday, September 30th, 2008 2:00PM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Tigertrack   Views: 11,352

Yes, indeedy, these were both released in previous waves of the Star Wars Transformers (Crossovers) line.

However, each does have something a little new and different.

Jedi Insider.com has some new photos of the repainted black version of the Imperial Shuttle/Emperor Palapatine, and of the grungily paint decoed Imperial At-At Walker/Imperial Trooper. The Imperial Walker features a new robot head mold replacing the AT-AT Driver's head that it came with before. This head mold resembles the Ralph McQuarrie designed Snowtrooper, but may represent another trooper.

You can see the original pictures here, both in package and out of package.

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}
Credit(s): Jedi Insider.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: More Pictures Of Star Wars Crossovers AT-AT And Imperial Shuttle (798583)
Posted by GuyIncognito on September 30th, 2008 @ 2:15pm CDT

FAIL:

Re: More Pictures Of Star Wars Crossovers AT-AT And Imperial Shuttle (798591)
Posted by Dead Metal on September 30th, 2008 @ 2:27pm CDT
Man they look so shit!
But the alt-modes look really good, best is to just buy the normal SW vehicles.
Re: More Pictures Of Star Wars Crossovers AT-AT And Imperial Shuttle (798595)
Posted by ZenPrime on September 30th, 2008 @ 2:33pm CDT
I've given up on the SW crossovers. I got burned twice with the same figure. Both of the AT-AT figures I brought had horrible QC, the heads looked like it melted. Also one of the leg ball joints on the X-Wing figure broke off while I was transforming it. I no longer trust the QC on these crossovers. I didn't even attempt to pick up any of the Marvel Crossovers...
Re: More Pictures Of Star Wars Crossovers AT-AT And Imperial Shuttle (798613)
Posted by Covenant on September 30th, 2008 @ 2:59pm CDT
Okay, staight up, did Hasbro lose a bet? Because I continue to be amazed to no end that this line continues.
Re: More Pictures Of Star Wars Crossovers AT-AT And Imperial Shuttle (798618)
Posted by WolfDawg on September 30th, 2008 @ 3:04pm CDT
The Marvel Crossovers are actually pretty good though. I think it's because the developers are forced to work around an already existing alt mode. The robot mode in the Starwars line is merely an afterthought, playing second fiddle to a stellar alt mode.

With the marvel figures, the only real think the designers are confined to is a head sculpt that accurately depicts the marvel characters...and even then, they are given a little leeway as far as creativity goes.
Re: More Pictures Of Star Wars Crossovers AT-AT And Imperial Shuttle (798659)
Posted by Caelus on September 30th, 2008 @ 3:55pm CDT
GuyIncognito wrote:By now, you'd think they'd improve the bot modes of these things, but these are the worst bot modes yet, especially the "Emperor Palpatine" one.

FAIL:

You do realize that the AT-AT is a remold of an already released figure and Palpatine is just a repaint of one of the first ones released, right?
Re: More Pictures Of Star Wars Crossovers AT-AT And Imperial Shuttle (798695)
Posted by GuyIncognito on September 30th, 2008 @ 4:36pm CDT
Caelus wrote:

FAIL:

No, I didn't realize that. That just makes it worse. Why repaint such an awful mold?
Re: More Pictures Of Star Wars Crossovers AT-AT And Imperial Shuttle (798700)
Posted by Overcracker on September 30th, 2008 @ 4:43pm CDT
Caelus wrote:

FAIL:

Palpatine is a repaint yes (A White Shuttle previously released)
but exactly what figure was remolded for the AT-AT?
I thought it was a completely new mold.

There have been no other figures that use that mold AFAIK.
Re: More Pictures Of Star Wars Crossovers AT-AT And Imperial Shuttle (798708)
Posted by Zeds on September 30th, 2008 @ 4:51pm CDT
Got rid of all these I collected. What a waste of plastic!
Re: More Pictures Of Star Wars Crossovers AT-AT And Imperial Shuttle (798742)
Posted by Giant Purple Griffin on September 30th, 2008 @ 5:52pm CDT
These look gross.

I have the Vader/TIE and the Falcon/Chewy-Solo and I like them both a lot, but none of the other figures in the line really appeal to me at all.
Re: More Pictures Of Star Wars Crossovers AT-AT And Imperial Shuttle (798755)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on September 30th, 2008 @ 6:14pm CDT
Jedi Insider??

LOL The TIE Bomber and General Grevious fighters which are both new molds were reported on TFW2005 that they were spotted in Cali

Jedi Insider only shows the repainted crap
Re: More Pictures Of Star Wars Crossovers AT-AT And Imperial Shuttle (798759)
Posted by WolfDawg on September 30th, 2008 @ 6:19pm CDT
I've been looking for the bomber for about a month now. That's one of the few SW TF's that look good.
Re: More Pictures Of Star Wars Crossovers AT-AT And Imperial Shuttle (798771)
Posted by Tigertrack on September 30th, 2008 @ 6:32pm CDT
Overcracker wrote:
Caelus wrote:

FAIL:

Palpatine is a repaint yes (A White Shuttle previously released)
but exactly what figure was remolded for the AT-AT?
I thought it was a completely new mold.

There have been no other figures that use that mold AFAIK.

The previously done At-At/At-At Driver had a head remold done to it, and some new paint details in alt mode.
Re: More Pictures Of Star Wars Crossovers AT-AT And Imperial Shuttle (798981)
Posted by omega666 on September 30th, 2008 @ 8:46pm CDT
You'd think they would make one for the Vulture Droids that ACTUALLY transforms from droid to ship.
Re: More Pictures Of Star Wars Crossovers AT-AT And Imperial Shuttle (799020)
Posted by Blurrz on September 30th, 2008 @ 8:58pm CDT
Imperial Shuttle looks pretty rad. I might have to pick that up.... along with the other 10 or so SW TFs i have procrastinated buying...
Re: More Pictures Of Star Wars Crossovers AT-AT And Imperial Shuttle (799102)
Posted by Dreadwinglord on September 30th, 2008 @ 9:36pm CDT
I just might grab that AT-AT.
Re: More Pictures Of Star Wars Crossovers AT-AT And Imperial Shuttle (799253)
Posted by Guneagle01 on October 1st, 2008 @ 12:06am CDT
God these these look horrible. I hate Star Wars Transformers. The Marvel ones are ok, but these are just awful.
Re: More Pictures Of Star Wars Crossovers AT-AT And Imperial Shuttle (799380)
Posted by Asphalt22 on October 1st, 2008 @ 5:54am CDT
The Emperors Shuttle is my favorite of the SWTF molds. At least it was once once I discovered all the wings were completely removable and he looked like a pretty sweet speeder/shuttle without them. I wanted him in black but I thought it was going to have storm trooper pilot head. Now I am not so sure.
Re: More Pictures Of Star Wars Crossovers AT-AT And Imperial Shuttle (799459)
Posted by Tigertrack on October 1st, 2008 @ 8:29am CDT
I'll get it in black because the IMperial Shuttle would look damn spiffy in black... and the big one probably will never see that paint job.
Re: More Pictures Of Star Wars Crossovers AT-AT And Imperial Shuttle (799611)
Posted by thedistinctroom on October 1st, 2008 @ 12:01pm CDT
AT AT Driver is so gross looking. I could've just put snot and piss all over my copy and it would look the same. Pass.