More Possible Kre-O Building Sets

Transformers News: More Possible Kre-O Building Sets

Tuesday, March 22nd, 2011 10:16AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Rumors
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 41,786

Images have surfaced on the Chinese toy forum ACToys of what could be future Kre-O building sets. The sets appear to be based on G1 Ratchet and some variation of Sentinel Prime. Also seen are four new Kreon mini-figures: G1 Ratchet, G1 Soundwave, Sentinel Prime(?), and a Seeker. The images are mirrored below.

Credit(s): ACToys

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: More Possible Kre-O Building Sets (1198307)
Posted by zodconvoy on March 22nd, 2011 @ 10:27am CDT
The Seeker is Thundercracker.

I'm getting Optimus, Bumblebee and on the fence about Starscream but Soundwave's the only one of these that interests me.
Re: More Possible Kre-O Building Sets (1198308)
Posted by Megazarak on March 22nd, 2011 @ 10:27am CDT
These sets are starting to look pretty good to me. I may get some after all. I've always loved Lego, and now that it's essentially with Transformers (I'm assuming the pieces and builds will be just as good) it'll be hard to go wrong. Hopefully they also transform well. And the minifigs look cool.
Re: More Possible Kre-O Building Sets (1198309)
Posted by El Duque on March 22nd, 2011 @ 10:32am CDT
zodconvoy wrote:The Seeker is Thundercracker.

You're probably right, but between glare and possibly the setting on my laptop I couldn't tell if it was TC or SW.
Re: More Possible Kre-O Building Sets (1198312)
Posted by paul053 on March 22nd, 2011 @ 10:39am CDT
Ball joint on the shoulder? :APPLAUSE: I need to get more super glue. :lol:

Joke aside, these sets look tempting and I like these small figures. How cool if Thundercracker can sit in Lego X-Wing's cockpit. Or have anybody drive the Lego Batmobile.
Re: More Possible Kre-O Building Sets (1198320)
Posted by Tigertrack on March 22nd, 2011 @ 11:04am CDT
I gotta' have 'em just to get the little 'LEGO' guy version of the TF's.

It would be a bonus if the larger building block project was even remotely cool looking.
Re: More Possible Kre-O Building Sets (1198332)
Posted by OlivusPrime on March 22nd, 2011 @ 11:34am CDT
I love Lego, and I love Transformers, but these images make the Kre-O stuff look like a huge Lego knock-off, and that really discourages me. It would've been alright if Hasbro had just teamed up with Lego to produce them, but it just seems like Hasbro are stealing Lego's designs and taking credit (lets face it, these are going to be very popular).
Re: More Possible Kre-O Building Sets (1198342)
Posted by #Sideways# on March 22nd, 2011 @ 11:54am CDT
These look epic. It looks to me that the mini "LEGO" guys, are going along with corresponding sets, for instance, Ratchet is going along with a Ratchet set, and Sentinel Prime[?] going along with a Sentinel Prime set. This would only mean, that Soundwave and Thundercracker sets will be in the future. My wallet just bursted into flames and started running to Canada, catch it for me. Please. :lol:

My only disappointment with this is the fact that they look way to much like LEGO KOs, and if Hasbro would team up with LEGO... Awesomeness would be born, LEGO Transformers, LEGO Battleship, LEGO Monopoly... So many combinations...
Re: More Possible Kre-O Building Sets (1198369)
Posted by T-Macksimus on March 22nd, 2011 @ 12:42pm CDT
I'm liking the look of these a lot. They appear to be done better than the first go-around of transforming/block creations they had during the Armada series. (Mega-Blocks I think was the company that made them)

We should probably make sure we have the whole story as to why they aren't teaming up with Lego on this before jumping down Hasbro's or Kre-O's throats for making "knock-offs". We have Star Wars Legos and Star Wars Transformers but there must be a good reason why we don't have official Lego Transformers. Of course that reason may prove to be more confounding than the fact that I'm actually standing up for Hasbro on this. #-o
Re: More Possible Kre-O Building Sets (1198377)
Posted by kirbenvost on March 22nd, 2011 @ 12:56pm CDT
These look pretty cool in non-built form at least. I like these Kre-O G1 characters. I probably won't buy any because I don't really need to be adding more lines to my collection. I'm already trying to pare it down somehow.
Re: More Possible Kre-O Building Sets (1198387)
Posted by slugfest200x on March 22nd, 2011 @ 1:20pm CDT
sentinel prime? are you guys serious? that's blaster check out his gun. im prolly gettin a few of these guys. definitely everything soundwave they pump out even though his gun looks retarded. so there's gunna be bigger construction sets of Lego figures that transform? then why are there these little lego guys also? i dont care my wallet was bored anyway
Re: More Possible Kre-O Building Sets (1198390)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 22nd, 2011 @ 1:29pm CDT
Hmm. I'm definitely not impressed, now. This set of blocks, a brand named Super Blox, and those $3.00 Dollar General building block sets are all made by the same Chinese company, and are of the same quality.

How do I know? I own several sets of this company's product.

The accessory sprues are the same, if you look at the blocks, there's always one with a small divot in it and there's one of those blocks in the pictures above.

My point is, yes they're quality pieces, and yes they're compatible with Lego, but it bothers me that a $3.00 building block set will cost you anywhere from $5.00 to $60.00, depending on the name slapped on it.

Knowing this, I won't be paying those prices.
Re: More Possible Kre-O Building Sets (1198393)
Posted by Tekka on March 22nd, 2011 @ 1:36pm CDT
I... I want a lego Skywarp! Please say there'll be one.
Re: More Possible Kre-O Building Sets (1198396)
Posted by robofreak on March 22nd, 2011 @ 1:48pm CDT
Tekka wrote:I... I want a lego Skywarp! Please say there'll be one.

There won't. Hasbro is intentionally not going to release it in order to make your Skywarp collection forever incomplete.

Seriously though, I will be buying all of these. Looks much better then the BTR stuff.
Re: More Possible Kre-O Building Sets (1198397)
Posted by Tekka on March 22nd, 2011 @ 1:49pm CDT
robofreak wrote:
Tekka wrote:I... I want a lego Skywarp! Please say there'll be one.

I hate you aaaaaall!!
Re: More Possible Kre-O Building Sets (1198407)
Posted by craggy on March 22nd, 2011 @ 2:10pm CDT
the red mini-figure has Galvatron's head.
Re: More Possible Kre-O Building Sets (1198410)
Posted by slugfest200x on March 22nd, 2011 @ 2:11pm CDT
its blaster!!not galvatron!
Re: More Possible Kre-O Building Sets (1198420)
Posted by Supreme Convoy on March 22nd, 2011 @ 2:36pm CDT
I've never heard of these Kre-O sets. It looks great!
Re: More Possible Kre-O Building Sets (1198424)
Posted by zodconvoy on March 22nd, 2011 @ 2:44pm CDT
slugfest200x wrote:its blaster!!not galvatron!

No, it's not.
Re: More Possible Kre-O Building Sets (1198431)
Posted by botomb on March 22nd, 2011 @ 3:06pm CDT
there not bad molds for such little robots.and it looks fun to put together.
Re: More Possible Kre-O Building Sets (1198510)
Posted by OptiMagnus on March 22nd, 2011 @ 5:44pm CDT
Sorry LEGO Group but I think I just got my final reason to stop dumping dough on you...

Kre-O here I come.

Ending Soon On eBay

Vintage Hasbro Transformers G2 SEASPRAY Autobot GORGEOUS C9 MINT G1 Reissue - Time Remaining: 5 days 18 hours 57 minutes 49 seconds
Vintage Hasbro Transformers G1 Bluestreak & Smokescreen Autobots PARTS REPAIR - Time Remaining: 6 days 16 hours 27 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers G1 1987 LANDFILL  complete targetmaster hasbro takara - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 27 minutes 58 seconds
Set of 4 Transformers Generations SKY REIGN Combiner Wars Deluxe Wave 6 2016 - Time Remaining: 8 days 5 hours 50 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers G1 1986 TOROX (tantrum) gig MISB hasbro takara predaking - Time Remaining: 6 days 17 hours 20 minutes 35 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Kre-O Construction Set Starscream 316 pcs BUILDING BLOCKS - Time Remaining: 7 days 14 hours 6 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers G1 1988 JOYRIDE figure powermaster - Time Remaining: 6 days 20 hours 24 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers Hasbro ROTF Movie Leader SHADOW COMMAND MEGATRON MISB RARE New - Time Remaining: 6 days 12 hours 55 minutes 18 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #154 - The Misfits