More Toy Images of Reveal The Shield Wreck-Gar

Transformers News: More Toy Images of Reveal The Shield Wreck-Gar

Saturday, January 8th, 2011 8:17AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Mach   Views: 62,124

HK-TF member mike has posted a gallery of upcoming Transformers Reveal The Shield Wreck-Gar.
Wreck-Gar is paying homage to his Generation 1 counterpart and transforms into a motorcycle.

We get to see both robot and alternate modes in the gallery as well as Wreck-Gar's weapon gimmicks.

If you wish to view the original thread, kindly click here.

Seibertron, Ultimate Transformers Resource!
Credit(s): HK-TF member mike
Re: More Toy Images of Reveal The Shield Wreck-Gar (1166789)
Posted by DevastaTTor on January 8th, 2011 @ 8:26am CST
Come on Mike, turn that leg around!
Re: More Toy Images of Reveal The Shield Wreck-Gar (1166790)
Posted by Rated X on January 8th, 2011 @ 8:30am CST
Nice. I hope they make a repaint of scrap heap and hurt some feelings. I will be buying the crystal Decepticons 3 pack, but not spending $120 for a new junkion head. A little too much...
Re: More Toy Images of Reveal The Shield Wreck-Gar (1166796)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on January 8th, 2011 @ 8:57am CST

Can you say "Arcee retool"?
Re: More Toy Images of Reveal The Shield Wreck-Gar (1166800)
Posted by craggy on January 8th, 2011 @ 9:12am CST
Tool time?
You're getting a free make-over!
We are not amused.
I've got a bad feeling about this.
...even though I used to be a man!
Re: More Toy Images of Reveal The Shield Wreck-Gar (1166807)
Posted by First-Aid on January 8th, 2011 @ 9:27am CST
Even if this wasn't Wreck-Gar, I think this may be the best motorcycle TF made...yes the robot mode is slight, but the upper torso's breadth gives it a more powerful look. Very pleased indeed.
Re: More Toy Images of Reveal The Shield Wreck-Gar (1166830)
Posted by It Is Him on January 8th, 2011 @ 10:55am CST
No doubt, this is way better than G1 Wreck-Gar
Re: More Toy Images of Reveal The Shield Wreck-Gar (1166832)
Posted by Valandar on January 8th, 2011 @ 10:56am CST
Pretender Skywarp wrote:Without wishing to lose the focus on how awesome it is to have a new W'Gar after 25yrs, see how slight built the robot mode is?

Can you say "Arcee retool"?

I'd say... nope.

I give the odds of this being retooled into Arcee about 1 in 500 or less.

They managed to make an auromobile Arcee for the Animated line, they can make an Automobile Arcee for Generations. And hey, instant repaint into the Paradron Medic!
Re: More Toy Images of Reveal The Shield Wreck-Gar (1166835)
Posted by kirbenvost on January 8th, 2011 @ 11:00am CST
WANT.

Pretender Skywarp wrote:

Can you say "Arcee retool"?

I really hope not. At this point we've already seen the remolded head though, so I think it's highly unlikely.
Re: More Toy Images of Reveal The Shield Wreck-Gar (1166836)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 8th, 2011 @ 11:03am CST
Pretender Skywarp wrote:Can you say "Arcee retool"?

Since when is G1 Arcee a motorcycle?
Re: More Toy Images of Reveal The Shield Wreck-Gar (1166839)
Posted by aps1977 on January 8th, 2011 @ 11:11am CST
Really is a great mold but my biggest pet peeve is alt mode fakery, in this case the secondary wind screen and handle bars atop his head in robot mode. I get that it's a nod to his G1 likeness, but what I love about G1 and, for the most part, Alternators, Human Alliance and Masterpiece, is the "honesty" of the transformations.
Re: More Toy Images of Reveal The Shield Wreck-Gar (1166843)
Posted by T-Macksimus on January 8th, 2011 @ 11:14am CST
Not a fan of the lopsided appearance. Having both wheels on the one side just sort of screws with the whole aesthetic, at least in my opinion. It's not enough to keep me from dropping 10 to 12 bucks for this guy though. Every time I see a picture of this guy I hear Eric Idle's voice in my head and I get the feeling that won't go away until I purchase this toy. So, for the sake of my own sanity, I must buy this figure. :P
Re: More Toy Images of Reveal The Shield Wreck-Gar (1166845)
Posted by It Is Him on January 8th, 2011 @ 11:22am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Pretender Skywarp wrote:Can you say "Arcee retool"?

Since when is G1 Arcee a motorcycle?

This was probably a subtle joke based on the pointy things near Wreck-Gar's shoulders. Maybe. :BEAVIS: :BUTTHEAD:
Re: More Toy Images of Reveal The Shield Wreck-Gar (1166847)
Posted by GetRightRobot on January 8th, 2011 @ 11:27am CST
FINALLY! I will be able to have a Wreckgar ride another junkion (not like that!). Recreation of animated movie is closer than ever! Thankyou Has/Tak. Thankyou. Keep in mind guys, these figures are made because of our collective complaining. I know it's not perfect, but HASBRO is trying to give the fans what they want in manner that will work fiscally.
Re: More Toy Images of Reveal The Shield Wreck-Gar (1166853)
Posted by The Dude on January 8th, 2011 @ 11:39am CST
Hoo! Somebody got his handlebars bent!
Re: More Toy Images of Reveal The Shield Wreck-Gar (1166863)
Posted by JokerFC on January 8th, 2011 @ 11:58am CST
really looking forward to this figure.....he looks great
Re: More Toy Images of Reveal The Shield Wreck-Gar (1166867)
Posted by TheStrategist on January 8th, 2011 @ 12:06pm CST
I know it is a homage to the G1 Wreck-Gar, but I am not feeling the brown paint app at all. The mold is sweet though, so I will still pick him up. Repaints, maybe?
Re: More Toy Images of Reveal The Shield Wreck-Gar (1166872)
Posted by omega666 on January 8th, 2011 @ 12:14pm CST
Not a fan of asymmetrical robots but Wreckgar being a junkion works out. He looks awesome. At least it's not a garbage truck.
Re: More Toy Images of Reveal The Shield Wreck-Gar (1166880)
Posted by OptiMagnus on January 8th, 2011 @ 12:28pm CST
I just don't like this toy. I seem to be the only one that doesn't like it. I actually think the ROTF motorcycles look better.
Re: More Toy Images of Reveal The Shield Wreck-Gar (1166907)
Posted by D_J_D_99 on January 8th, 2011 @ 1:18pm CST
This guy really does look incredible. Please someone tell me that he's gonna be coming out in the UK. We need some decent releases over here instead of all the RPM's.
Re: More Toy Images of Reveal The Shield Wreck-Gar (1166920)
Posted by MaverickPrime on January 8th, 2011 @ 1:59pm CST
It makes me sad to see yet another kickass figure failing to reach perfection due to a neutered lightpipe...what the hell Hasbro???
WFC Soundwave, Megatron and Bumblebee had paint in their eyes, DarkmountĀ“s lightpipe was casted in solid plastic, ROTF breakaway had paint in both sides of the clear plastic...and the list goes on and on... :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD: :BANG_HEAD:
At least they seem to get better and better moulds, I want that Wreck-gar!!

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Samurai Team : G02 G-02 'JINBU' - Time Remaining: 5 days 19 hours 18 minutes 30 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Go! Samurai Team : G03 G-03 'GANOH' - Time Remaining: 5 days 19 hours 49 minutes 37 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Go! : G17 G-17 Hunter Starscream - Time Remaining: 5 days 19 hours 20 minutes 35 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Go! : G15 G-15 HUNTER BULKHEAD - Time Remaining: 5 days 19 hours 36 minutes 18 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Animated Skywarp Decepticon Voyager Action Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 36 minutes 30 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Go! : G14 G-14 HUNTER BUMBLEBEE - Time Remaining: 5 days 19 hours 37 minutes 21 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-11NR Ramjet MIB - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 26 minutes 25 seconds
Transformers 3 Dark of the Moon Voyager Shockwave Action Figure Toy Doll New 6" - Time Remaining: 5 days 10 hours 21 minutes 5 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #155 - Pillarboxed