Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

More Transformers GO! Predacon Images

Transformers News: More Transformers GO! Predacon Images

Tuesday, April 30th, 2013 7:46AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 11,266

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

From the blog of Gosaber, we're linked to one of his twitter pics shown below:

More Transformers GO! Predacon Images

In the picture, you can see rather surprising and detailed repaints of the following:

Lazerback
Ripclaw
Skystalker
Grimwing
and a silhouette of Legends Class Abominus. (Most likely will be G1 in it's color scheme. TakaraTomy is notorious for their anime color faithfulness.)

Tell us what you think, click the link at the top of this article to join the discussion!
Credit(s): Gosaber
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: More Transformers GO! Predacon Images (1483298)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 30th, 2013 @ 7:53am CDT
Just yesterday I said I'd get Grimwing when he gets a better repaint without so much gray. Here it is! And Ripclaw looks awesome, as does Lazerback in Ripclaw's colors (Ser-Ket?)
Re: More Transformers GO! Predacon Images (1483303)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 30th, 2013 @ 8:04am CDT
Odd decos. Grimwing's, in particular. Looking at it, it looks a lot like Beast Wars Megatron in his Transmetal II body... :-?
Re: More Transformers GO! Predacon Images (1483312)
Posted by PrymeStriker on April 30th, 2013 @ 8:44am CDT
:BANG_HEAD:

What is this assortment of atrocity? Grimwing looks kind of cool, but the others look like vomit. More reasons to skip this terrible line.

GuyIncognito wrote:as does Lazerback in Ripclaw's colors (Ser-Ket?)


I'm confused about this part. Are you saying Lazerback in Ripclaw's colors = Ser-Ket? If so, that's not what Ser-Ket looks like.
Re: More Transformers GO! Predacon Images (1483313)
Posted by GuyIncognito on April 30th, 2013 @ 8:44am CDT
I like how they swapped the colors. Grimwing got (Hasbro) Lazerback's colors, Lazerback got (Hasbro) Ripclaw's colors, Ripclaw sort of got (Hasbro) Skystalker's colors (at least the blues). It would be a nice set to have the Hasbro and Takara versions of each.



PrymeStriker wrote:
GuyIncognito wrote:as does Lazerback in Ripclaw's colors (Ser-Ket?)


I'm confused about this part. Are you saying Lazerback in Ripclaw's colors = Ser-Ket? If so, that's not what Ser-Ket looks like.


OK, I guess I'm wrong. I wasn't sure.
Re: More Transformers GO! Predacon Images (1483316)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 30th, 2013 @ 8:55am CDT
So let's see...

Lazerback -> Gaidora
Ripclaw -> Bakudora
Grimwing -> Budora
Skystalker-> Judora
Abominus -> Jaki Gattai (Evil Demon Combination) Gorardora (first "a" is long)

I'll be sticking with Hasbro versions for this.
Re: More Transformers GO! Predacon Images (1483323)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on April 30th, 2013 @ 9:22am CDT
i need that grimwing and ripclaw. and i will have both versions of them. i love the hasbro grimwing and takaras, same with ripclaw.
Re: More Transformers GO! Predacon Images (1483357)
Posted by Mkall on April 30th, 2013 @ 11:16am CDT
I'll pick them up. The Predacons are clones after all so the differing colourschemes for once makes sense.
Re: More Transformers GO! Predacon Images (1483358)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 30th, 2013 @ 11:21am CDT
Gaidōra looks cool in Ripclaw's colors. :D

Bakudōra looks colored like BotCon Deathsaurus. 8)

Budōra looks like a fire demon. :michaelbay:

Judōra looks like an energy creature. :KREMZEEK:

And Gorādora... is silhouetted. :-( The others still look awesome.

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:So let's see...

Lazerback -> Gaidora
Ripclaw -> Bakudora
Grimwing -> Budora
Skystalker-> Judora
Abominus -> Jaki Gattai (Evil Demon Combination) Gorardora (first "a" is long)

I'll be sticking with Hasbro versions for this.
Jagi Gattai Gorādora Set

PrymeStriker wrote::BANG_HEAD:

What is this assortment of atrocity? Grimwing looks kind of cool, but the others look like vomit. More reasons to skip this terrible line.
What's with you, man? They all looks like elemental beasts (Earth, water, fire, and lightning) and that's awesome.

I hate to say this, but it almost sounds like you just won't accept these molds in any color scheme that's not done by Hasbro.
Re: More Transformers GO! Predacon Images (1483362)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 30th, 2013 @ 11:53am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:So let's see...

Lazerback -> Gaidora
Ripclaw -> Bakudora
Grimwing -> Budora
Skystalker-> Judora
Abominus -> Jaki Gattai (Evil Demon Combination) Gorardora (first "a" is long)

I'll be sticking with Hasbro versions for this.
Jagi Gattai Gorādora Set


I was close, I'm bad with Japanese grammar when it comes to compound words :lol: And why the long "o" for all Preds but Abonimus?
Re: More Transformers GO! Predacon Images (1483365)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 30th, 2013 @ 12:07pm CDT
Also, while the Predacons are dragons in the Hasbro version, they are Oni in the Takara version. 8)

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I was close, I'm bad with Japanese grammar when it comes to compound words :lol: And why the long "o" for all Preds but Abonimus?
Dunno.
Re: More Transformers GO! Predacon Images (1483368)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 30th, 2013 @ 12:14pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Also, while the Predacons are dragons in the Hasbro version, they are Oni in the Takara version. 8)

JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I was close, I'm bad with Japanese grammar when it comes to compound words :lol: And why the long "o" for all Preds but Abonimus?
Dunno.


If they're Oni, where are their horns? :P
Re: More Transformers GO! Predacon Images (1483374)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 30th, 2013 @ 12:31pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:If they're Oni, where are their horns? :P
Lazerback's mold has six appendaging sticking up from the side of its beast mode head that could pass for horns.

Ripclaw's mold has a single horn-like spike on the beast mode head.

Skystalker's mold has two obvious horns on its beast mode head.

Grimwing's mold has to little horn-like bits sticking out from the back of its berast mode head.

So... I guess we're good. :D
Re: More Transformers GO! Predacon Images (1483601)
Posted by PrymeStriker on May 1st, 2013 @ 10:41am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:What's with you, man?


The force.


They all looks like elemental beasts (Earth, water, fire, and lightning) and that's awesome.


Cool for you. They look like firewood to me.

I hate to say this, but it almost sounds like you just won't accept these molds in any color scheme that's not done by Hasbro.


So, did you purposely ignore me saying that Grimwing looks kind of cool?
Re: More Transformers GO! Predacon Images (1483605)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 1st, 2013 @ 10:49am CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:
They all looks like elemental beasts (Earth, water, fire, and lightning) and that's awesome.


Cool for you. They look like piles of vomit to me.
Well, what's wrong with them?
Re: More Transformers GO! Predacon Images (1483606)
Posted by PrymeStriker on May 1st, 2013 @ 10:57am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:
They all looks like elemental beasts (Earth, water, fire, and lightning) and that's awesome.


Cool for you. They look like piles of vomit to me.
Well, what's wrong with them?


Mostly their color schemes. On Grimwing's repaint it works.

Ripclaw's repaint looks like a blend of water and lava creating obsidian. Normally, this would be cool. The gears are stuck on cobwebs with this thing; they don't attract me at all.

Skystalker is already a bad mold (in robot mode at least). Giving him Beast Hunters Bumblebee's paint job does not make it any better.

Lazerback w/ Hasbro Ripclaw's color scheme. I already initially hated Ripclaw's deco. I achieved the figure and got used to it, but still didn't look "great." Slapping it onto another figure is supposed to make a difference?
Re: More Transformers GO! Predacon Images (1483609)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 1st, 2013 @ 11:07am CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:Ripclaw's repaint looks like a blend of water and lava creating obsidian. Normally, this would be cool. The gears are stuck on cobwebs with this thing; they don't attract me at all.
It's basically botCon Deathsaurus colors. Indigo blue body, blood red wings, black as a secondary color...

It's also evocative of Devilman.

PrymeStriker wrote:Skystalker is already a bad mold (in robot mode at least). Giving him Beast Hunters Bumblebee's paint job does not make it any better.
I see a mixture of yellow, purple/dark blue, beige gold, and silver in there. Hardly a typical "Bumblebee paint job".

PrymeStriker wrote:Lazerback w/ Hasbro Ripclaw's color scheme. I already initially hated Ripclaw's deco. I achieved the figure and got used to it, but still didn't look "great." Slapping it onto another figure is supposed to make a difference?
I still don't see what's wrong with Ripclaw's colors. It's perfectly evocative of magic and mysticism without looking boring, while being bright and colorful and full of life and personality. Gaidora's colors are even darker and shinier, and makes a much greater use of black than Ripclaw did (if at all).
Re: More Transformers GO! Predacon Images (1483610)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 1st, 2013 @ 11:13am CDT
Now that you mention it, Ripclaw could make a good poor man's Classics Deathsaurus... Unless, of course, they decide to redesign him in the Thrilling 30 line.
Re: More Transformers GO! Predacon Images (1483613)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 1st, 2013 @ 11:21am CDT
Oni, eh? I think Vertebreak does a better job at it, given he has a ogre-esque face in both modes and wears the traditional tiger-skin.

I rather like the Grimwing repaint, both because I'm a sucker for red-and-black decos and he kinda reminds me of BW Megatron now.
Re: More Transformers GO! Predacon Images (1483615)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 1st, 2013 @ 11:23am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Now that you mention it, Ripclaw could make a good poor man's Classics Deathsaurus... Unless, of course, they decide to redesign him in the Thrilling 30 line.
Or Esmeryl. ;)
Re: More Transformers GO! Predacon Images (1483618)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 1st, 2013 @ 11:27am CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:... he kinda reminds me of BW Megatron now.


Good, I thought I was the only one.


Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:Now that you mention it, Ripclaw could make a good poor man's Classics Deathsaurus... Unless, of course, they decide to redesign him in the Thrilling 30 line.
Or Esmeryl. ;)


Or Esmeryl. Completely forgot about her. #-o
Re: More Transformers GO! Predacon Images (1483647)
Posted by PrymeStriker on May 1st, 2013 @ 1:19pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:It's basically botCon Deathsaurus colors. Indigo blue body, blood red wings, black as a secondary color...

It's also evocative of Devilman.


Kay, so, now that I know it's a color scheme that belongs to another, it's supposed to be cool and I should love it? :???:

I see a mixture of yellow, purple/dark blue, beige gold, and silver in there. Hardly a typical "Bumblebee paint job".


I see black, yellow, and silver. The picture's of low quality anyway, so it seems like S3 Prime Bumblebee's color scheme.

Besides, Beast Hunters Bumblebee's color scheme isn't particularly a typical "Bumblebee paint job" itself, so what are you referring to?

I still don't see what's wrong with Ripclaw's colors. It's perfectly evocative of magic and mysticism without looking boring, while being bright and colorful and full of life and personality.


Or it's a perfectly evocative gumball machine.
Re: More Transformers GO! Predacon Images (1483712)
Posted by Sodan-1 on May 1st, 2013 @ 4:03pm CDT
They're all looking like some really nice colour schemes. Annoyed that I'll probably end up getting them all. It was silly to hope for a Ser-Ket repaint from Takara, but someone had better get on it.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014