Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

More Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer Images

Transformers News: More Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer Images

Thursday, January 5th, 2012 6:03PM CST

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 50,322

An extensive gallery of the upcoming Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer has been posted over on Full Metal Hero. This set combines the Wal-Mart exclusive DOTM Deluxe Optimus Prime with the Takara Optimus Prime Chronicle set's trailer. Images have been mirrored below.

Credit(s): Full Metal Hero

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: More Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer Images (1330802)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on January 5th, 2012 @ 6:36pm CST
Will the trailer be sold by itself at least online?
Re: More Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer Images (1330805)
Posted by chrisc4 on January 5th, 2012 @ 6:55pm CST
His colors look so sweet. I was on the fence but I'm definitely going to get him.
Re: More Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer Images (1330809)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on January 5th, 2012 @ 7:12pm CST
I like this mold but if he's not coming with a weapon I'm gonna hold off and go for the Chronicles set. Maybe even double dip on the Wal-Mart Repaint.
Re: More Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer Images (1330877)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on January 6th, 2012 @ 3:21am CST
Re: More Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer Images (1330903)
Posted by KnightStrike on January 6th, 2012 @ 5:39am CST
Megatron Wolf wrote:alt mode looks good but the back kibble just kills the robot mode and the lack of anything special with the trailer makes it a waste of shelf space, ill stick with my cyberverse version.

I agree with you about the back kibble and and the empty trailer both. I'm not big on movieverse figures, but nearly picked up the deluxe Prime a while back until I saw a gallery of him and saw half a truck on his back. Would have been cool to have had Roller and a cannon or med bay. Still, might be interesting to see what customs people make out of this trailer. ;)
Re: More Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer Images (1330947)
Posted by Chaoslock on January 6th, 2012 @ 9:51am CST
So... somebody stole all the paint from Hasbro, or are they just sending the paint insturctions for black and white printers?
Re: More Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer Images (1331195)
Posted by KnightStrike on January 7th, 2012 @ 9:35am CST
My Optimus obsession got the better of me. I stopped by Walmart after work and found the deluxe Lunarfire Optimus, the one with the gold accents shown in these pics. He looked pretty cool so I picked him up and I have to say the back kibble is a little annoying, mainly because it just hangs loose and flops about when he is moved any, but that the most unattractive feature to me was that the head is spring loaded to pop up out of the chest and it tends to just flop around as well and will not stay up fully or straight. So being that the bot mode was not the greatest I transformed him and will be displaying him in alt mode, because the alt mode looks pretty amazing IMHO. Hasbro broke out the paint apps and they really make it stand out. The silver wheels and Autobot logos along with the metallic gold flames and accents look awesome. His mechtech is a repaint of the voyager Optimus's and looks much better as well, so I stuck it on my voyager DOTM Optimus while I repaint the voyager's plain one so he can dual wield. All that being said, it makes the version of the mold included with the trailer look incredibly plain and unappealing to me, but hey, that just means he is a prime candidate for a custom repaint. Pun intended :P
One thing I noticed in the pics above, the trailer's wheels seem a bit larger than the truck's, so is it possible the trailer might be more in scale with the RTS G2 Optimus? I put the DOTM deluxe and RTS G2 beside each other and the RTS Prime seems just one scale above the DOTM deluxe mold. Hoping it might work, because I would buy one of these if its $20 or so just to slap the trailer on a RTS Optimus and try to make a custom Roller for it. Also, yes I tend to hodge podge continuities in my collections display :)
Re: More Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer Images (1332200)
Posted by noctorro on January 10th, 2012 @ 12:31pm CST
Can't top the above post.

I don't mind back kibble a lot if it is plugged in good. Which it isn't. Anyway I got the voyager takara one with trailer and have ultimate optimus. So no more Prime's from DOTM. Unless they do a new mold with something funky (like Ultimate).
Can't wait for the DOTM aftermath, new characters that weren't in the movie.
Re: More Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer Images (1332461)
Posted by KnightStrike on January 11th, 2012 @ 5:25am CST
noctorro wrote:Can't top the above post.

Can't wait for the DOTM aftermath, new characters that weren't in the movie.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they come out with as well. Its always fun seeing what molds from older lines get repuposed and what new molds they come out with. ROTF Brawn is one of my favorite examples, I love that figure.
Re: More Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer Images (1416430)
Posted by optimus1023 on September 3rd, 2012 @ 12:09pm CDT
Re: More Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer Images (1416858)
Posted by TulioDude on September 4th, 2012 @ 5:43pm CDT
optimus1023 wrote:I Have this toy and I freakin love it. It's so awesome! My only Problem is that on mine the head won't come all the way over the Shoulder. My mom definitely won't get me another one do please help me as soon as possible.

Sorry,i dont have this one i dont know how to help you. :-(
Making a new topic about would be better i think.
Re: More Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer Images (1422991)
Posted by leakin' lubricant on September 22nd, 2012 @ 3:13pm CDT
Re: More Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer Images (1422993)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 22nd, 2012 @ 3:23pm CDT
leakin' lubricant wrote:What size is this figure? will the trailer be a decent fit for Voyager Classics Prime?

He's a Deluxe, so the trailer would be too small for a Voyager.
Re: More Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer Images (1423006)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on September 22nd, 2012 @ 4:38pm CDT
Saw this thread again and decided to share some pics of my trailer spruced up with reprolabels. This set is not avaiable on the site but was exclusive to TF Expo which took place this past August in Wichita, KS. There were a few labels for the cab like some missing flames on the rear wheel guards and some chome pieces for the front bumper, the tanks of the side and that thing at the top of the windshield. Enjoy...

Re: More Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer Images (1423129)
Posted by leakin' lubricant on September 23rd, 2012 @ 2:18am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

He's a Deluxe, so the trailer would be too small for a Voyager.

Oh well never mind. Thanks
Re: More Transformers Movie Trilogy Series Deluxe Optimus Prime with Trailer Images (1423182)
Posted by triKlops on September 23rd, 2012 @ 8:36am CDT
that Reprolabels set really tightens up the look of the trailer!
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction