Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

MP-08 Masterpiece Grimlock Reissue with Crown Coin & Flame Sword

Transformers News: MP-08 Masterpiece Grimlock Reissue with Crown Coin & Flame Sword

Friday, October 11th, 2013 9:31AM CDT

Categories: Sponsor News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 21,882

Site sponsors TFsource and BigBadToyStore dropped by to announce an upcoming reissue of Takara Tomy's MP-08 Masterpiece Grimlock. The reissue will include a special coin that transforms into a crown for the figure and a special flame sword cover. This edition is priced at $214.99 and scheduled to released in January of next year.

MP-08 Masterpiece Grimlock Reissue with Crown Coin & Flame Sword @ BBTS

MP-08 Masterpiece Grimlock - Asia Exclusive with Flame Sword & Crown Coin! @ TFsource
TFsource wrote:New Asia Exclusive Reissue – MP-08 Masterpiece Grimlock! This Exclusive includes a coin that transforms into his crown and a flame sword add on. Will be out in early January, and with early bird pricing pay just $199.95 and get FREE US shipping and reduced international shipping in checkout if preordered by 10/25!
Credit(s): BBTS and TFsource
Re: MP-08 Masterpiece Grimlock Reissue with Crown Coin & Flame Sword (1523236)
Posted by Torneira on October 11th, 2013 @ 9:49am CDT
Pricey. But for those who still don't have him, here's your chance. ;)
Re: MP-08 Masterpiece Grimlock Reissue with Crown Coin & Flame Sword (1523245)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 11th, 2013 @ 10:08am CDT
Re: MP-08 Masterpiece Grimlock Reissue with Crown Coin & Flame Sword (1523258)
Posted by megatronus on October 11th, 2013 @ 10:35am CDT
Preorder's up at TFsource as well, for 199.95:

Re: MP-08 Masterpiece Grimlock Reissue with Crown Coin & Flame Sword (1523260)
Posted by MenaceRX on October 11th, 2013 @ 10:50am CDT
I just picked it up at TF Source. Happy to see it up as a MP by itself for purchase. Now I will have my 3 Favorites and call it a day. MP 10/10B OP, MP-2 TRU Soundwave w/all tapes, and MP-08 King Grimlock. Happy day!

And Ultra Magnus is already pre-ordered for fall of next year. Cant wait to see what else they come up with for MP's in the next year.
Re: MP-08 Masterpiece Grimlock Reissue with Crown Coin & Flame Sword (1523275)
Posted by JackStraw on October 11th, 2013 @ 11:36am CDT
Look like BBTS just reduced their preorder to $199 to match TFS.
Re: MP-08 Masterpiece Grimlock Reissue with Crown Coin & Flame Sword (1523361)
Posted by Metrosuplex on October 11th, 2013 @ 6:28pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Isn't this just that previous reissue that came out at that one Asian convention this year?

That's what I'm wondering... Though I don't remember reading anything about a coin converting into a crown with the last re-release, so I'm hoping this one is more jazzed up! :grin: Course, can't really ask anyone, as I don't know who bought a $300+ Grimlock (Jetfire and all).

I'm excited for the abundance. There are a lot of MPs and 3rd Party products hitting shelves soon... which means we might finally see some decent sales on some of this stuff, as shelves need to be cleared for even more product next year! :ic$:

JackStraw wrote:Look like BBTS just reduced their preorder to $199 to match TFS.

I think it's $200 until 10/25. Then it goes back up. So pre-order now. :ic$:
Re: MP-08 Masterpiece Grimlock Reissue with Crown Coin & Flame Sword (1524180)
Posted by STngAR on October 16th, 2013 @ 9:02am CDT
I guess it was good I sold mine before the reissue of it.

:MAXIMAL:
Re: MP-08 Masterpiece Grimlock Reissue with Crown Coin & Flame Sword (1524192)
Posted by GuyIncognito on October 16th, 2013 @ 11:56am CDT
STngAR wrote:I guess it was good I sold mine before the reissue of it.

:MAXIMAL:

Re: MP-08 Masterpiece Grimlock Reissue with Crown Coin & Flame Sword (1524278)
Posted by Noob-Sai-Bot on October 16th, 2013 @ 6:38pm CDT
too expensive.
Re: MP-08 Masterpiece Grimlock Reissue with Crown Coin & Flame Sword (1524279)
Posted by Delicon on October 16th, 2013 @ 6:38pm CDT
Re: MP-08 Masterpiece Grimlock Reissue with Crown Coin & Flame Sword (1524296)
Posted by Sabrblade on October 16th, 2013 @ 8:33pm CDT
Delicon wrote:I had heard at some point he was going to get a second TRU run as well, did I miss this or was this just a rumor?
We've heard none of this here, so likely a rumor.
Re: MP-08 Masterpiece Grimlock Reissue with Crown Coin & Flame Sword (1524323)
Posted by fenrir72 on October 16th, 2013 @ 10:22pm CDT
How does the coin to crown transform?
Re: MP-08 Masterpiece Grimlock Reissue with Crown Coin & Flame Sword (1546832)
Posted by Rotoraptor on January 31st, 2014 @ 4:45pm CST
Just opened him up, apparently it DOESN'T transform. The crown comes packaged in a collector coin case wrapped in tissue paper, but it is a solid metal part much like the original "King Grimlock" release, only less shiny.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014