MP-12 Lambor Test Shot

Transformers News: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot

Friday, July 20th, 2012 7:53AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 25,476

Takara Tomy designer Shogo Hasui has tweeted a test shot of the upcoming MP-12 Lambor (Sideswipe).

Shogo Hasui wrote:MP-12 Lambor has come to the stage (out mold test) test shot. We will improve the accuracy of the mold from the future. I look forward to the release of October.

Credit(s): daimchoc, Shogo Hasui
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1402614)
Posted by starscream1974 on July 20th, 2012 @ 8:28am CDT
:BOT: :KREMZEEK: Beautiful, I love the asthetics, and the scale.....has taken me a while to get used to but it makes sense after all MP-09 and MP-10 setting the bar for scale. I LOVE IT I must have Red Alert as well......I was going to get the Beezleboss Red Alert upgrade for classics but not now. BY THE WAY JUST RECEIVED IN CYCLOPS from MM....AMAZINGLY AWESOME and so is mini me. :CON: :KREMZEEK:
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1402615)
Posted by mattyc1007 on July 20th, 2012 @ 8:35am CDT
Nice! Im diggin them showing the production process unlike previous secrative figs. Hopefully see more of this in the future :D
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1402622)
Posted by CBratetron on July 20th, 2012 @ 8:53am CDT
I like it.
But not enough to want it.
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1402650)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 20th, 2012 @ 10:21am CDT
Looks pretty good! Too bad the shot's not a bit bigger so we can see some detail. I guess this confirms no rubber tires. :( Oh well, still looks nice.

BTW El Duque, your avatar is amazing! :D
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1402674)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 20th, 2012 @ 11:40am CDT
Lookin' good.
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1402687)
Posted by Kibble on July 20th, 2012 @ 12:15pm CDT
Takara is taking notes from the 3rd Party guys... This unfinished product is a step backwards from pics previously shown.
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1402700)
Posted by Ultra Markus on July 20th, 2012 @ 1:27pm CDT
the jet judo stance
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1402800)
Posted by Anonymous. on July 20th, 2012 @ 8:21pm CDT
This is going to be a very, very interesting toy.
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1402822)
Posted by Stormrider on July 20th, 2012 @ 9:12pm CDT
I just saw G1 "SOS Dinobots" and saw these particular piledrivers being used.
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1402906)
Posted by Sodan-1 on July 21st, 2012 @ 7:07am CDT
That stance makes it look like a pretty awesome figure. I kind of like it.
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1402923)
Posted by NTESHFT on July 21st, 2012 @ 8:54am CDT
Glad I got him and Soundwave on preorder
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1402949)
Posted by REMINATOR on July 21st, 2012 @ 11:24am CDT
If only October would come soon enough. Can't wait to have him, UMagnus Voyager, and later MP Soundwave, Red Alert.
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1405576)
Posted by El Duque on July 29th, 2012 @ 10:59pm CDT
Takara Tomy designer Shogo Hasui continues to tease fans with test shot images of MP-12 Lambor/Sideswipe via his twitter account. Check out the latest below.

Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1405689)
Posted by Ravage XK on July 30th, 2012 @ 10:07am CDT
So what are we expecting? Above or below the Binaltech standard?

He does look very basic but I suppose it is very G1.

I have my pre-order in.
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1405710)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 30th, 2012 @ 10:46am CDT
Ravage XK wrote:So what are we expecting? Above or below the Binaltech standard?

He does look very basic but I suppose it is very G1.

I have my pre-order in.
Being a Masterpiece has gotta make it above Binaltech. It's just smaller.

Even the Hybrid Style figures were above Binaltech (almost at Masterpiece level) and those were Scout class sized.
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1406462)
Posted by Blasphemous Prime on August 1st, 2012 @ 11:06am CDT
I'll probably buy this guy the same way I bought MP Grimlock. I'll put it off until there are haven't been any masterpieces produced in a while, then when I get him wonder why I didn't get him sooner. Lol.
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1406478)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on August 1st, 2012 @ 12:00pm CDT
Oh, this is looking great! I can't wait to get him, Soundwave and Red Alert.
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1406495)
Posted by Kibble on August 1st, 2012 @ 12:45pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Not exactly. Maybe THS-01, but THS-02 has a beautiful bot mode and pathetic alt mode. BTs have beautiful alt modes and varying degrees of decency for bot modes.
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1406548)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 1st, 2012 @ 3:36pm CDT
Kibble wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I meant as far as complexity and intricacy.
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1406557)
Posted by Kibble on August 1st, 2012 @ 3:59pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Kibble wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I meant as far as complexity and intricacy.

Fair enough, but BTs were pretty complex.

Ending Soon On eBay

TAKARA TOMY Transformers Masterpiece MP30 ratchet New - Time Remaining: 8 days 2 hours 24 minutes 26 seconds
TAKARA TOMY Transformers Adventure TAV14 Ultra Magnus New - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 54 minutes 20 seconds
2004 TAKARA TRANSFORMERS SUPER LINK SC-10 HOT RODIMUS CONVOY JAPAN G1 optimus - Time Remaining: 1 day 22 hours 24 minutes 30 seconds
2007 SAM'S CLUB EXCLUSIVE TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME AUTOBOT 10" FIGURE ONLY - Time Remaining: 7 days 21 hours 9 minutes 28 seconds
TRANSFORMERS PRIME BEAST HUNTERS OPTIMUS PRIME BEAST TRACKER BRAND NEW - Time Remaining: 9 days 22 hours 10 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers Robots in Disguise Combiners Set makes Ruination Lot of 5 figures+1 - Time Remaining: 2 days 12 minutes 58 seconds
TRANSFORMERS G1 TARGETMASTER CROSSHAIRS FIGURE COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 1 day 18 hours 13 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece iGear PPOSM Ratchet/First Aid MEDICAL Specialist - Time Remaining: 22 days 3 hours 14 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #160 - Grappling with Memory