MP-12 Lambor Test Shot

Transformers News: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot

Friday, July 20th, 2012 7:53AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 25,392

Takara Tomy designer Shogo Hasui has tweeted a test shot of the upcoming MP-12 Lambor (Sideswipe).

Shogo Hasui wrote:MP-12 Lambor has come to the stage (out mold test) test shot. We will improve the accuracy of the mold from the future. I look forward to the release of October.

Credit(s): daimchoc, Shogo Hasui
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1402614)
Posted by starscream1974 on July 20th, 2012 @ 8:28am CDT
:BOT: :KREMZEEK: Beautiful, I love the asthetics, and the scale.....has taken me a while to get used to but it makes sense after all MP-09 and MP-10 setting the bar for scale. I LOVE IT I must have Red Alert as well......I was going to get the Beezleboss Red Alert upgrade for classics but not now. BY THE WAY JUST RECEIVED IN CYCLOPS from MM....AMAZINGLY AWESOME and so is mini me. :CON: :KREMZEEK:
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1402615)
Posted by mattyc1007 on July 20th, 2012 @ 8:35am CDT
Nice! Im diggin them showing the production process unlike previous secrative figs. Hopefully see more of this in the future :D
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1402622)
Posted by CBratetron on July 20th, 2012 @ 8:53am CDT
I like it.
But not enough to want it.
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1402650)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 20th, 2012 @ 10:21am CDT
Looks pretty good! Too bad the shot's not a bit bigger so we can see some detail. I guess this confirms no rubber tires. :( Oh well, still looks nice.

BTW El Duque, your avatar is amazing! :D
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1402674)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 20th, 2012 @ 11:40am CDT
Lookin' good.
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1402687)
Posted by Kibble on July 20th, 2012 @ 12:15pm CDT
Takara is taking notes from the 3rd Party guys... This unfinished product is a step backwards from pics previously shown.
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1402700)
Posted by Ultra Markus on July 20th, 2012 @ 1:27pm CDT
the jet judo stance
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1402800)
Posted by Anonymous. on July 20th, 2012 @ 8:21pm CDT
This is going to be a very, very interesting toy.
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1402822)
Posted by Stormrider on July 20th, 2012 @ 9:12pm CDT
I just saw G1 "SOS Dinobots" and saw these particular piledrivers being used.
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1402906)
Posted by Sodan-1 on July 21st, 2012 @ 7:07am CDT
That stance makes it look like a pretty awesome figure. I kind of like it.
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1402923)
Posted by NTESHFT on July 21st, 2012 @ 8:54am CDT
Glad I got him and Soundwave on preorder
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1402949)
Posted by REMINATOR on July 21st, 2012 @ 11:24am CDT
If only October would come soon enough. Can't wait to have him, UMagnus Voyager, and later MP Soundwave, Red Alert.
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1405576)
Posted by El Duque on July 29th, 2012 @ 10:59pm CDT
Takara Tomy designer Shogo Hasui continues to tease fans with test shot images of MP-12 Lambor/Sideswipe via his twitter account. Check out the latest below.

Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1405689)
Posted by Ravage XK on July 30th, 2012 @ 10:07am CDT
So what are we expecting? Above or below the Binaltech standard?

He does look very basic but I suppose it is very G1.

I have my pre-order in.
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1405710)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 30th, 2012 @ 10:46am CDT
Ravage XK wrote:So what are we expecting? Above or below the Binaltech standard?

He does look very basic but I suppose it is very G1.

I have my pre-order in.
Being a Masterpiece has gotta make it above Binaltech. It's just smaller.

Even the Hybrid Style figures were above Binaltech (almost at Masterpiece level) and those were Scout class sized.
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1406462)
Posted by Blasphemous Prime on August 1st, 2012 @ 11:06am CDT
I'll probably buy this guy the same way I bought MP Grimlock. I'll put it off until there are haven't been any masterpieces produced in a while, then when I get him wonder why I didn't get him sooner. Lol.
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1406478)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on August 1st, 2012 @ 12:00pm CDT
Oh, this is looking great! I can't wait to get him, Soundwave and Red Alert.
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1406495)
Posted by Kibble on August 1st, 2012 @ 12:45pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Not exactly. Maybe THS-01, but THS-02 has a beautiful bot mode and pathetic alt mode. BTs have beautiful alt modes and varying degrees of decency for bot modes.
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1406548)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 1st, 2012 @ 3:36pm CDT
Kibble wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I meant as far as complexity and intricacy.
Re: MP-12 Lambor Test Shot (1406557)
Posted by Kibble on August 1st, 2012 @ 3:59pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Kibble wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I meant as far as complexity and intricacy.

Fair enough, but BTs were pretty complex.

Ending Soon On eBay

Hasbro Transformers G1 Reissue Ultra Magnus Mint New in Box - Time Remaining: 3 days 17 hours 14 minutes 40 seconds
R0505221 MEGATRON BEAST WARS TRANSMETALS 2 TRANSFORMERS MINT IN SEALED BOX MISB - Time Remaining: 3 days 11 hours 30 minutes 31 seconds
2016 TOMY TakaraTomy Transformers LG24 Shockwave & Cancer Action Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 22 hours 42 seconds
Vintage Reissue Transformers G1 Dinobot SNARL MIB 100% New Complete ARRIVAL Hot - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 18 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers AOE 4 Platinum Dinobots Unleashed SLOG SLUG STRAFE SCORN GRIMLOCK - Time Remaining: 5 days 17 hours 34 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers G1 JETFIRE ARMOR & GUN lot - DAMAGED - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 37 minutes 42 seconds
TRANSFORMERS DOTM CV03 TAKARA TOMY STARSCREAM ORBITAL ASSAULT CARRIER - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 58 minutes 25 seconds
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS TFC 13 BOOK COLLECTION HOT RODIMUS G1 - Time Remaining: 11 days 17 hours 28 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #155 - Pillarboxed