Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

MSNBC Article: "Transformers" Fans Never Stopped Playing

Transformers News: MSNBC Article: "Transformers" Fans Never Stopped Playing

Saturday, June 16th, 2007 7:31PM CDT

Categories: Editorials, Movie News
Posted by: Air Commander Starscream   Views: 14,610

MSNBC has put up a article about how the Transformers Movie is bringing back the nostalgia for old Transformers fans.

“If there is a way for them to reach into the core of me and bring out a piece of my childhood, I think they did that,” said Yee, an IT consultant from Elizabeth, N.J., who saw clips of the film at New York’s Toy Fair this year and plans to see the whole thing six days early at BotCon, the annual Transformers convention being held in Providence this month.

See the MSNBC article here.
Credit(s): MSNBC.com
Re: MSNBC Article: "Transformers" Fans Never Stopped Playing (168191)
Posted by GetterDragun on June 16th, 2007 @ 7:50pm CDT
This article speaks to me.
Re: MSNBC Article: "Transformers" Fans Never Stopped Playing (168277)
Posted by 1337W422102 on June 16th, 2007 @ 8:25pm CDT
Yee? As in Ben Yee? That's kinda cool.
(Careful, buddy! You mistyped 'nostalgia' by accident.)
Re: MSNBC Article: "Transformers" Fans Never Stopped Playing (168331)
Posted by Liege Evilmus on June 16th, 2007 @ 8:55pm CDT
With nothing read but the title, all I can say is Dam Straight!

Thats all I did all day.
Re: MSNBC Article: "Transformers" Fans Never Stopped Playing (168390)
Posted by Flashwave on June 16th, 2007 @ 9:36pm CDT
Reminbd me who Ben Yee is???
Re: MSNBC Article: "Transformers" Fans Never Stopped Playing (168456)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on June 16th, 2007 @ 10:43pm CDT
Benson Yee was a Star Wars-obsessed kid when something new caught his eye in a toy store during a family vacation: Transformers — “robots in disguise” — that changed into vehicles or other objects

The same thing with me I loved Star Wars but knew it was dying down for a while after Return of the Jedi came out.

I then seen the G1 cartoon the week it came on as a miniseries(When it first aired the 3 part "More then meets the eye")

I had to get these I said and was hooked from then on[/quote]
Re: MSNBC Article: "Transformers" Fans Never Stopped Playing (168847)
Posted by Flashwave on June 17th, 2007 @ 9:37am CDT
Wheeljack35 wrote:

I had to get these I said and was hooked from then on
[/quote]

But I recognize the name from somewhere else.
Re: MSNBC Article: "Transformers" Fans Never Stopped Playing (168851)
Posted by RatchetMD on June 17th, 2007 @ 9:45am CDT
Flashwave wrote:Reminbd me who Ben Yee is???

He runs BWTF.com and was a consultant for the Beast Wars show.
Re: MSNBC Article: "Transformers" Fans Never Stopped Playing (168853)
Posted by Flashwave on June 17th, 2007 @ 9:46am CDT
RatchetMD wrote:
Flashwave wrote:Reminbd me who Ben Yee is???

He runs BWTF.com and was a consultant for the Beast Wars show.

Ah. Thanks.
Re: MSNBC Article: "Transformers" Fans Never Stopped Playing (169288)
Posted by i_amtrunks on June 17th, 2007 @ 6:54pm CDT
Other than Yee, the whole article is about those "I'm a super fan, I watched the show when I was a kid in the 80's, broke/lost/got rid of my toys, and have no idea bout what has been going on with Transformers since 1988" people, otherwise referred to as "Bandwagoners"