MSNBC's Take on the Transformers Movie

Transformers News: MSNBC's Take on the Transformers Movie

Thursday, April 26th, 2007 9:16PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Editorials
Posted by: Air Commander Starscream   Views: 16,798

A MSNBC contributor named Stuart Levine has posted his thoguths of 10 upcoming summer blockbusters and how he thinks they are going to do. For the Transformers Movie he has a few questions about the movie and its producer Michael Bay.

"It’s got a lot of buzz among the fanboys but it’s still tough to predict if it play beyond that core group. One thing’s for sure, if this one’s no good, Bay won’t be working anytime soon."

Stuart predeicts the Transformers Movie to bring in around $235 million which puts it at #6 on his list. To read the rest of his take on the Transformers Movie and 9 others, please click here.
Credit(s): MSNBC.com

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: MSNBC's Take on the Transformers Movie (100213)
Posted by 1337W422102 on April 26th, 2007 @ 9:32pm CDT
I can't help but laugh at the quoted part.
Re: MSNBC's Take on the Transformers Movie (100218)
Posted by Brakethrough on April 26th, 2007 @ 9:36pm CDT
It might not beat Spidey or Jack at the box office, but since a lot of parents have already bought their kids Spidey and Jack at the toy store, Hasbro's going to clean up bigtime on toys.
Re: MSNBC's Take on the Transformers Movie (100220)
Posted by Acecool on April 26th, 2007 @ 9:37pm CDT
Re: MSNBC's Take on the Transformers Movie (100221)
Posted by Screambug on April 26th, 2007 @ 9:38pm CDT
"fanboys"? /:)
Re: MSNBC's Take on the Transformers Movie (100222)
Posted by Dragontron88 on April 26th, 2007 @ 9:38pm CDT
Who cares what this guy thinks, nobody knows what will happen till its released, done and over with.
Re: MSNBC's Take on the Transformers Movie (100247)
Posted by Robinson on April 26th, 2007 @ 10:00pm CDT
Acecool wrote:You mean that Bay's career hangs in the balance with this craptacular movie? Oh thank god. Good bye Mr. Bay. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Good job Mr. Bay, no one thinks it'll play beyond the core fanboys and you've alienated them.

You'll just say anything to try to dog Bay won't you. The group of "fanboys" that are "alienated" seems to be dwindling by the day. While not everyone likes all of the designs they will still give the movie a chance.
Re: MSNBC's Take on the Transformers Movie (100275)
Posted by jdre_124 on April 26th, 2007 @ 10:27pm CDT
"thoguths"??
Regarding Stuart Levine's comments I say to not believe him. Many times box office predictions arent true. A prime example is 300. 300 is making a hefty profit and Box Office predictors said it would get past 150 million. Its made more than double that. Well I guess Transformers rides on us fellow Transformer Fans. If we call BS after July 4th the movie may fail. I'm looking foward to the movie. ;)
Re: MSNBC's Take on the Transformers Movie (100276)
Posted by The Shadow on April 26th, 2007 @ 10:27pm CDT
If I could make one change to that list it would be to place the new Transformers movie in the number 5 spot.

I freely admit I still have concerns about the movie - but if the movie is done well [treatment of source, quality-wise, etc.] I think the movie up could hit the number 3/4 spots {$270 - $290 million on the list}.

However, if the movie is not done well [see above] we could easily see a mirror performance of Dean Devlin's and Roland Emmerich's 1998 "Godzilla" movie. A rather good/respectable first weekend but quickly tapering off in subsequent weeks as as Transformers fans and average movie-goers look towards other films.

I'm pretty certain that PotC and Spidey have the number 1 and 2 spots locked down tight, I don't think any other movie this summer will be able to touch 'em.
Re: MSNBC's Take on the Transformers Movie (100290)
Posted by Roboto750 on April 26th, 2007 @ 10:32pm CDT
I'm sorry, but I really don't agree with this list as a whole. Yes, the top 2 films will be Pirates and Spider-Man, but I could see TF as a close third. Shrek had a strong following for the second film and such, but it seems to have lost a lot of steam since then. The same goes for yet another Harry Potter film. True, it is a hot property, but the films just don't seem to get the buzz the first few did. Lastly, WTF is Evan Almighty doing in the #5 slot? :shock: TF will beat that by a long shot, if none of the others.
Re: MSNBC's Take on the Transformers Movie (100300)
Posted by PrimulArchangel on April 26th, 2007 @ 10:35pm CDT
it's going to take the #1 spot and crush all other movies.
Re: MSNBC's Take on the Transformers Movie (100314)
Posted by TheMuffin on April 26th, 2007 @ 10:42pm CDT
Theres no way in Hell it'll beat POTC or SM3. And as Roboto said....Why the Hell is Evan Almighty even on that list? It'll be lucky to break 80 million. I'm sorry but Steve Correll does not have the draw the Jim Carrey did. That and from what I've seen, the movie looks like crap.
Re: MSNBC's Take on the Transformers Movie (100366)
Posted by Collector Maximus on April 26th, 2007 @ 11:03pm CDT
1337W422102 wrote:I can't help but laugh at the quoted part.

Same here! I got a good laugh from that. I'm sure the movie will perform well despite some disagreement about character designs and what not.
And Die Hard isn't on the list...Though I guess I'm not surprised.
Re: MSNBC's Take on the Transformers Movie (100368)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on April 26th, 2007 @ 11:04pm CDT
I liked The Island...
Re: MSNBC's Take on the Transformers Movie (100375)
Posted by Powermaster Jazz on April 26th, 2007 @ 11:14pm CDT
I still don't know what the appeal of the Pirate movies is.
Re: MSNBC's Take on the Transformers Movie (100401)
Posted by Zeedust on April 26th, 2007 @ 11:59pm CDT
Ranked BENEATH Evan ALmighty? BOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That's just LOW, MSNBC. Shame on you for even putting that on the list.

I see Transformers in the number five slot easily, and only because Harry, Spidey, Pirates, and Shrek are huge mega-franshises movie-wise already, whereas Transformers haven't been on the big screen in 21 years.
Re: MSNBC's Take on the Transformers Movie (100409)
Posted by clk430r1 on April 27th, 2007 @ 12:04am CDT
Evan Almighty #5 without Jim Carry infront of Transformers? please...Wheres FF 2 and Die Hard 4? If anything they should be on that list above Evan Almighty
Re: MSNBC's Take on the Transformers Movie (100436)
Posted by skeletal13 on April 27th, 2007 @ 12:28am CDT
Nightwatcher wrote:Theres no way in Hell it'll beat POTC or SM3.

I've seen it predicted in several places that the box office hits will be POTC 3, SM 3, and TF, in that order.
Re: MSNBC's Take on the Transformers Movie (100449)
Posted by TheMuffin on April 27th, 2007 @ 12:37am CDT
That is my thought as well. Shrek to me is way past it's prime. I have a crapload of nieces and nephews and none of them even know a third one is coming out. They all want to go see Transformers and Spider-Man 3. This is coming from 4-11 year old kids.
Re: MSNBC's Take on the Transformers Movie (100457)
Posted by clk430r1 on April 27th, 2007 @ 12:47am CDT
I have a feeling that Transformers will do better than some insiders are predicting. Take away the fact that every other dude at my work is excited to see it. But a couple of weeks ago I and two of my female friends who are 21 and 23 years old went to see Disturbia. Before the movie started they played the TF trailer again. Not only did it get the biggest reaction out of the crowd but both girls grabbed me and said, "were seeing that". That shocked me comming from those two who know nothing about Tf's
Re: MSNBC's Take on the Transformers Movie (100472)
Posted by Sentinel Maximus on April 27th, 2007 @ 1:15am CDT
"One thing's for sure, if this one's no good, Bay won't be working anytime soon." The End of Bay? BWAHAHAHA! Fall, FALL!