Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed

Friday, May 17th, 2013 2:52PM CDT

Categories: Comic Book News, Event News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 24,804

CBR has revealed a BotCon variant of My Little Pony Micro Series #5. The special edition cover features Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie. This issue will apparently be available at next month's BotCon in San Diego. Check out the cover below.

In an unprecedented crossover between Hasbro's "Transformers" and "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic," Pinkie Pie cosplays as Optimus Prime, dancing on the massive hand of the Big Bot himself, as he gives a quizzical tilt of his head. The variant cover will be available at this year's Transformers Botcon in San Diego from June 27 - 30.

Credit(s): CBR
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488059)
Posted by Shelf Space on May 17th, 2013 @ 3:10pm CDT
Best. Variant. EVAR!
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488061)
Posted by Rated X on May 17th, 2013 @ 3:16pm CDT
:SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK: :SICK:
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488067)
Posted by Manterax Prime on May 17th, 2013 @ 3:26pm CDT

HASBRO YOU IDIOTS!!!
Need I say more.

I can almost guarantee Prime is thinking "Get this thing off my hand!"
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488071)
Posted by nemesis primus on May 17th, 2013 @ 3:43pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:Image

FUNPUB YOU IDIOTS!!!
Need I say more.

I can almost guarantee Prime is thinking "Get this thing off my hand!"

''Freedom is the right of all sentient beings'' even Pinkie Pie, my friend :grin:
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488072)
Posted by Manterax Prime on May 17th, 2013 @ 3:45pm CDT
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488073)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 17th, 2013 @ 3:47pm CDT
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488074)
Posted by ScottyP on May 17th, 2013 @ 3:48pm CDT
Stop trying to make ponies happen. It's not going to happen.
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488076)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on May 17th, 2013 @ 3:56pm CDT
MFW this comic will be absurdly expensive and impossible to by by normal means...

:-(
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488077)
Posted by xyl360 on May 17th, 2013 @ 3:59pm CDT
I'm still waiting for the MLP crossover exclusives made using this:
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488078)
Posted by Manterax Prime on May 17th, 2013 @ 4:03pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:I'm still waiting for the MLP crossover exclusives made using this:

So their pony form to their Eqestria Girls human forms. Using Mach Kick as the base figure.
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488087)
Posted by nemesis primus on May 17th, 2013 @ 4:30pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:nemesis primus, have you seen Prime's face? He's obviously either disgusted or annoyed.

Why yes I can see his face quite clearly. It looks like the blank stare of a robot with two giant lights for eyes and a huge face mask covering any features that may express emotional disposition. Considering Prime's greatly varying range of facial expressions he could thinking anything in this picture, nothing obvious as you stated.

Personally, judging by his other movements, he's quite confused by the over-expressive equine that has found its way into his palm wearing a shoddy outfit of himself. But that's just my observation.
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488088)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 17th, 2013 @ 4:31pm CDT
Aw, how cute, Pinkie Prime! My wife and I must have one! :x
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488091)
Posted by VirusCarnage on May 17th, 2013 @ 4:50pm CDT
wtf this wont even be worth to get for free...
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488092)
Posted by Xephon0930 on May 17th, 2013 @ 5:04pm CDT
So yeah,suck it haters.

I'm looking forward to this more than I ever did with the Bayformers films. And if you have anything to say about this,there won't be any room for you to talk. How is this somehow suddenly ruining the franchise when robot testicles didn't. :lol:
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488093)
Posted by Handels-Messerschmitt on May 17th, 2013 @ 5:09pm CDT
I just want a Generations Mach Kick. That'd be sweet.
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488094)
Posted by Spleenzorio on May 17th, 2013 @ 5:09pm CDT
I just died a little inside
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488095)
Posted by Xephon0930 on May 17th, 2013 @ 5:12pm CDT
Those salty tears of crying fanboys are just delicious. But let's not get hasty now.......
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488096)
Posted by MCutter on May 17th, 2013 @ 5:13pm CDT
How much does this sort of thing go for at the con? Anybody who's going to attend want to help out a poor dad with Pony-lovin' kids?
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488099)
Posted by Hucklebubba on May 17th, 2013 @ 5:26pm CDT
Aww! Look at all of the adorable over-dramatic bellyaching!
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488128)
Posted by khj3000k on May 17th, 2013 @ 7:50pm CDT
Megatron_is_Angry.jpg
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488133)
Posted by bluecatcinema on May 17th, 2013 @ 8:13pm CDT
My two favorite franchises unite! Life doesn't get much better then this... :grin:
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488134)
Posted by XDMan on May 17th, 2013 @ 8:16pm CDT
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488135)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 17th, 2013 @ 8:16pm CDT
Made this just for this topic.

Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488136)
Posted by Seibertron on May 17th, 2013 @ 8:17pm CDT
This is hilarious. My daughter is very excited. :D
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488137)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 17th, 2013 @ 8:18pm CDT
XDMan wrote:Before any frickin' Brony gives me the middle finger, I'm guessing Optimus Prime will say, "Oh, damn you, retarded pony!!!" and crush Pinkie Pie into oblivion! :lol:

...that would be Megatron. :lol:
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488144)
Posted by Rated X on May 17th, 2013 @ 8:51pm CDT

Did this guy finally get his wish ? :BANG_HEAD:
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488145)
Posted by Xephon0930 on May 17th, 2013 @ 9:01pm CDT
Funny how all the butthurt is from the same forum community with polarized opinions of the Bay films. This is going to be sweet.
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488146)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on May 17th, 2013 @ 9:02pm CDT
I'm not gonna lie, this cracks me up, and if I were going to Botcon, I'd get it. But I am not, and given how much this thing will probably cost on the secondary market, I'll pass and get the normal retail cover.
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488149)
Posted by Derpimus_Prime on May 17th, 2013 @ 9:22pm CDT
I want this, I will save every nickel and dime to insure that I get one. If it means eating a diet of crackers and tap water, and walking 19 miles to work and back so be it.
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488150)
Posted by PrymeStriker on May 17th, 2013 @ 9:22pm CDT
...

Manterax Prime wrote:FUNPUB YOU IDIOTS!!!

Yeah, they're idiots for making money and fans of both franchises happy. Dumbasses. :roll:

ScottyP wrote:Stop trying to make ponies happen. It's not going to happen.

It already did....three years ago.

Where've you been, dude?

Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488151)
Posted by BeastProwl on May 17th, 2013 @ 9:23pm CDT
Worst part is, she didn't even make that costume, she stole it from Sari :lol:
Seriously guys, especially you Rated X, a phrase to live by:

"Learn to not give a shit more, and you'll hate life less"~Me, just now.

Im not a brony, but this is hilarious! I mean, its just a cute and funny picture. If I posted this and linked it to someone's DevientArt page, it would get nothing but compliments, but no, it has to get railed since it's official.

Lighten up guys.
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488152)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 17th, 2013 @ 9:23pm CDT
PrymeStriker wrote:Image

I'm not sure what to think about this...
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488155)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on May 17th, 2013 @ 9:33pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Image

I'm not sure what to think about this...

We're probably all better off NOT thinking about this...
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488156)
Posted by Manterax Prime on May 17th, 2013 @ 9:36pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
PrymeStriker wrote:Image

I'm not sure what to think about this...

Normally you and I would be in the wrong by MLP fanbase standards to call this just plain weird, but there are MLP fans that would also call this weird, so we can call it weird.
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488167)
Posted by khj3000k on May 17th, 2013 @ 9:56pm CDT
Prime!!!!
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488171)
Posted by MR Optimus Prime on May 17th, 2013 @ 10:06pm CDT
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488177)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 17th, 2013 @ 10:16pm CDT
MR Optimus Prime wrote:I hate all this browny CRAP every five seconds everywhere. IDW just helped commit Transformers to the loser isle. Why don't we just re-brand this TF: Boys Without Balls?

...this browny CRAP every...

...browny...

My first initial thought...

*sigh*

Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488178)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on May 17th, 2013 @ 10:16pm CDT
The amount of butthurt in this thread is hilarious.
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488179)
Posted by Manterax Prime on May 17th, 2013 @ 10:16pm CDT
I get the feeling El Duque and other members of the news team throw this stuff in just to make most of us fuming mad. Me, I just Image

The guys at IDW have finally lost their minds.
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488182)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 17th, 2013 @ 10:19pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:Me, I just Image

Here, let me help you out with that.

Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488183)
Posted by Nemesis Primal on May 17th, 2013 @ 10:22pm CDT
Manterax Prime wrote:The guys at IDW have finally lost their minds.

No, the part where they lost their minds was when they gave Drift his own miniseries. This is just something that's being taken too seriously.
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488184)
Posted by Manterax Prime on May 17th, 2013 @ 10:25pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Manterax Prime wrote:Me, I just Image

Here, let me help you out with that.

Thank you.

Hey, Optimus. What's your opinion on this?

Image "I believe the live-action Prime might have the same opinion."
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488186)
Posted by Rated X on May 17th, 2013 @ 10:36pm CDT
BeastProwl wrote:Seriously guys, especially you Rated X, a phrase to live by:

"Learn to not give a shit more, and you'll hate life less"~Me, just now.

What good would a ying be without the yang ? :-?

Ill be at Botcon, maybe I should buy a few of these comics so I can flip em to the Jabronies for $100 each...
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488188)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 17th, 2013 @ 10:39pm CDT
Rated X wrote:
BeastProwl wrote:Seriously guys, especially you Rated X, a phrase to live by:

"Learn to not give a shit more, and you'll hate life less"~Me, just now.

What good would a ying be without the yang ? :-?

That is probably the deepest thing I've ever heard on this site.
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488189)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on May 17th, 2013 @ 10:51pm CDT
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488191)
Posted by VirusCarnage on May 17th, 2013 @ 10:58pm CDT
Doubledealer93 wrote:i hate optimus prime now with a burning passion. :BOOM: ponies ruin everything. nothing is sacred

He does have to play by his own rules tho.

Optimus Prime wrote:Freedom is the right of all sentient beings.

Optimus Prime wrote:I do not condone the termination of any defenseless life form
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488193)
Posted by #Sideways# on May 17th, 2013 @ 11:02pm CDT
OH GOSH

Did not need to hear that.

Like, ever.

Ever.
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488199)
Posted by MR Optimus Prime on May 17th, 2013 @ 11:15pm CDT
I do not spell it correctly on purpose. I have always done that.
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488210)
Posted by Hucklebubba on May 17th, 2013 @ 11:44pm CDT
And I looked, and beheld a vast ocean of fanboy tears, stretching from horizon to horizon. And verily did an innumerable multitude of butts become afflicted with a great soreness. And the clouds parted, and a voice spake from the heavens, saying, "Wait, I thought bronies were the embarrassing fandom?"
Re: My Little Pony Micro Series #5 Convention Variant Cover with Optimus Prime and Pinkie Pie Revealed (1488211)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 17th, 2013 @ 11:45pm CDT
To the haters:

Click here to view an additional 131 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus