New Age Of Extinction Bumblebee Robot Image

Transformers News: New Age Of Extinction Bumblebee Robot Image

Tuesday, April 1st, 2014 2:37AM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 31,439

The Ragin Nation Facebook page posted a new image of the redesigned Bumblebee, courtesy of fellow Facebooker Johnny Guy. You'll notice that this image contains the Optimus image we reported on earlier this morning.

As for Bumblebee himself, we finally get to see his updated and streamlined robot mode in a static image with finer detail than what the commercials and trailers have shown, thus far.

Bumblebee's always been made of sterner stuff, but it seems the film's design team decided to make him awesome! Not only is he sleek looking, but now he looks dangerous, too, with his shoulder mounted spiked wheels!

Transformers News: New Age Of Extinction Bumblebee Robot Image

Credit(s): Johnny Guy, The Ragin Nation

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Age Of Extinction Bumblebee Robot Image (1561720)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on April 1st, 2014 @ 2:44am CDT
Nice, I wonder how the dinobots in robot mode look like. :DANCE:
Re: New Age Of Extinction Bumblebee Robot Image (1561721)
Posted by Spleenzorio on April 1st, 2014 @ 2:47am CDT
Re: New Age Of Extinction Bumblebee Robot Image (1561724)
Posted by noctorro on April 1st, 2014 @ 3:04am CDT
I like the style, more organic and humanoid instead of big chunks of vehicle. Hope the Decepticons will look just as awesome.
Must wait moar months.
Re: New Age Of Extinction Bumblebee Robot Image (1561736)
Posted by OptimusPrimeval on April 1st, 2014 @ 5:28am CDT
Re: New Age Of Extinction Bumblebee Robot Image (1561740)
Posted by MegaDump on April 1st, 2014 @ 7:12am CDT
OptimusPrimeval wrote:Bumblebee's face looks ... well, like a face! And Prime is covering up his weird droopy Ren lips, so this is a pretty decent bit of promo art!

HAH! YES! THAT'S IT! I've always hated Prime's stupid movie mouth/lips but could never quite put my finger on what exactly looked so weird about them... But "droopy Ren lips" fits perfectly! Well done! :APPLAUSE:
Re: New Age Of Extinction Bumblebee Robot Image (1561782)
Posted by griftimus prime on April 1st, 2014 @ 9:40am CDT
everything looks like a samurai or a knight. what is happening?
Re: New Age Of Extinction Bumblebee Robot Image (1561785)
Posted by YRQRM0 on April 1st, 2014 @ 9:46am CDT
Quite like BB's design. Prime's samurai waistline is still hard to get used to, but otherwise these designs seem pretty solid.
Re: New Age Of Extinction Bumblebee Robot Image (1561787)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 1st, 2014 @ 9:54am CDT
griftimus prime wrote:everything looks like a samurai or a knight. what is happening?

Badassery far beyond your realm of comprehension.
Re: New Age Of Extinction Bumblebee Robot Image (1561848)
Posted by TurboMMaster on April 1st, 2014 @ 2:25pm CDT
Spleenzorio wrote:Had it been said if Mr. Bee will finally be able to talk or not? I know his radio voice is part of his charm but it's been how many years now? You figure Ratchet woulda found some time to fix his voice by now, since apparently touching the All Spark didn't do anything for him :P
if 10, 000 years during Allspark Mission wasn't enough...

I'm glad that BBB finally looks like a total bad ass! He this time looks like a warrior
Re: New Age Of Extinction Bumblebee Robot Image (1561864)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 1st, 2014 @ 3:01pm CDT
so is the goal here to make them look less like transformers & more like generic robots? If so then they nailed it, if i didnt know these were transformers id think they were just robots from a scifi movie or video game.
Re: New Age Of Extinction Bumblebee Robot Image (1561870)
Posted by Madeus Prime on April 1st, 2014 @ 3:37pm CDT
Huh, anybody else wondering what the heck those saw/wheel/shiruken are?
Re: New Age Of Extinction Bumblebee Robot Image (1561872)
Posted by Anonymous on April 1st, 2014 @ 3:50pm CDT
I like the new designs. They look pretty badass!! :DANCE:

I'm interested why they look like Samurai and Knights,though.That's pretty awesome. :michaelbay:

I would think with the upgrades,Bee should be able to speak now. He did in Prime and in the new cartoon. I'm hoping so,anyway.I wasn't a bid fan of him not speaking after the first film.
Re: New Age Of Extinction Bumblebee Robot Image (1561875)
Posted by BeastProwl on April 1st, 2014 @ 3:55pm CDT
Hubcap Throwing Stars? Oh my...
Re: New Age Of Extinction Bumblebee Robot Image (1561883)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 1st, 2014 @ 4:25pm CDT
RSDADDIMUS wrote:I like the new designs. They look pretty badass!! :DANCE:

Probably because this is supposed to be like the Medieval times for the Autobots. They're out on their own, with no government to build them equipment anymore, so they have to rely on the weapons they can make and/or find.
Re: New Age Of Extinction Bumblebee Robot Image (1561905)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on April 1st, 2014 @ 6:59pm CDT
When I saw this picture, I thought the concept Camaro Bumblebee would look similar to Stinger, but I didn't know that he would be an entire clone of Stinger. :shock: Maybe Bay shouldn't have named the Decepticon Stinger, he should have named him Cliffjumper.
Re: New Age Of Extinction Bumblebee Robot Image (1561913)
Posted by autobot1979 on April 1st, 2014 @ 7:51pm CDT
I guess Stinger changes the side at the end and turn to be Cliffjumper?
The designs looks wicked :BOWDOWN:
Re: New Age Of Extinction Bumblebee Robot Image (1561919)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 1st, 2014 @ 8:08pm CDT
autobot1979 wrote:I guess Stinger changes the side at the end and turn to be Cliffjumper?
The designs looks wicked :BOWDOWN:

That's exactly what I was thinking would happen.
Re: New Age Of Extinction Bumblebee Robot Image (1561923)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on April 1st, 2014 @ 8:30pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
RSDADDIMUS wrote:I like the new designs. They look pretty badass!! :DANCE:

Probably common knowledge by now, but....

The Samurai are actually a class of warriors during Japan's feudal age, where a caste system was implemented. They had the full support of their respective lords, and they almost never have to forge their own weapons. That would be the job of a master sword-smith.

A samurai without a lord would be a ronin, which literally means "wave person," using the waves of the sea to illustrate his being socially adrift.

As for knights, they were considered as a class of "lower nobility". They'll be in the services of a lord, and will usually fight for him during wars in return for a payment in land holdings. A knight's weapons and armor are traditionally passed on from father to son, and again are mostly likely forged by professional blacksmiths.

In general, metal was very expensive at the time and the skills for forge weapons from it was a highly-valued commodity, and only professionals had the tools, skills, and knowledge to do so.

It would have been more appropriate if you had drawn a comparison between the Autobots' renegade situation in AoE with the Okinawans. After being subjugated by the Satsuma clan, the island of Okinawa was subjected to a complete ban on weapons. The natives made do with the practice of unarmed combat (Karate) as well as "unorthodox" weapons such as rice-harvesting sickles and wooden sticks.

Then again, Okinawan Karate has little to do with either the Samurai of medieval knights.

... :-B
Re: New Age Of Extinction Bumblebee Robot Image (1561924)
Posted by Madeus Prime on April 1st, 2014 @ 8:37pm CDT
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
RSDADDIMUS wrote:I like the new designs. They look pretty badass!! :DANCE:

*edit*

Damn. :shock:
Re: New Age Of Extinction Bumblebee Robot Image (1561934)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on April 1st, 2014 @ 9:05pm CDT
Madeus Prime wrote:
SKYWARPED_128 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
RSDADDIMUS wrote:I like the new designs. They look pretty badass!! :DANCE:

*edit*

Damn. :shock:

:lol:

Just couldn't help it; inaccurate historical info is like nails scrapping across a chalkboard to me.

Ending Soon On eBay

1984 Hasbro Transformers Sunstreaker Autobot Car (Clean Shape! / No Weapons) - Time Remaining: 11 days 17 hours 10 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers Movie Leader Class Deep Desert Brawl MISB - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 57 minutes 26 seconds
Transformers G1 1984 DIRGE MB complete hasbro takara milton bradley - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 hours 59 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers G1 1984 OPTIMUS PRIME cab & trailer made in France hasbro takara NM - Time Remaining: 4 days 21 hours 20 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Masterpiece MP-10 Optimus Prime Hasbro Version + Vector Sigma NEW - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 37 minutes 14 seconds
HUGE LOT OF TRANSFORMERS MOVIE ACTION FIGURE ROBOTS DEVASTATOR OPTIMUS HASBRO - Time Remaining: 4 days 6 hours 40 minutes 14 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Beast Wars Tripredacus Main Robot (No Weapons) #2 - Time Remaining: 10 days 20 hours 40 minutes 37 seconds
Transformers G1 1984 SIDESWIPE hasbro takara - Time Remaining: 4 days 17 hours 5 minutes 6 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #149 - Titans Arrive