New Age of Extinction TV Spot Provides Major Plot Revelation (SPOILERS)

Transformers News: New Age of Extinction TV Spot Provides Major Plot Revelation (SPOILERS)

Tuesday, June 17th, 2014 2:39AM CDT

Category: Movie News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 29,925

Another day, another TV spot for Age Of Extinction! This one is a big one and due to it's content, there is a spoiler warning in place. If you don't want to know the secret, do not read below this line.

The newest ad was broadcast on Comedy Central and contains more footage of Lockdown approaching Optimus after he wounds him. We've seen the ad where Lockdown spoke, in which he said "You think you're the center of the universe". Well, now he answers Prime's question of "Who sent you here?" and he answers it in the most shocking way possible:

Lockdown wrote:You think you were born? You were built and they want you back.

Sends chills down your spine, doesn't it? Gives you a clue as to who the big bad villain is this time around. Many have speculated, and it looks like the five faces of darkness may have won the title for AoE's villain!

We won't know for sure until it's released on June 26th, with the early midnight screenings. The official US release day is June 27th. This news was brought to us courtesy of Seibertron.com board user mirageandjazz1197, and the video embed below is from fellow Transformers fan OptimusJet

Credit(s): OptimusJet, mirageandjazz1197
Re: New Age of Extinction TV Spot Provides Major Plot Revelation (SPOILERS) (1582967)
Posted by Drift082111 on June 17th, 2014 @ 3:21am CDT
I prefer them being created by Primus rather than having been built. I think Primus as their creator gave them more nobility with the whole lineage of Primes story line.
Re: New Age of Extinction TV Spot Provides Major Plot Revelation (SPOILERS) (1582974)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 17th, 2014 @ 3:52am CDT
Well, that takes my excitement level down a couple of notches. I'm still gonna see the movie, so I guess that's all that matters. But Quintessons are crappy villain. And just because that's what came before, doesn't necessarily mean it's them. (Hopefully not.)

Also, I just remembered Epps's line from RoTF: "If god made us in his image, who made them?" I always thought the answer would be Primus, considering the god reference.
Re: New Age of Extinction TV Spot Provides Major Plot Revelation (SPOILERS) (1582987)
Posted by Peridot on June 17th, 2014 @ 4:36am CDT
I just noticed something. There are five of those Lockdown-looking dudes (if you count Lockdown himself). Maybe, instead of having five faces, there are just five Quintessons with unique faces.
Re: New Age of Extinction TV Spot Provides Major Plot Revelation (SPOILERS) (1582994)
Posted by TimothyR on June 17th, 2014 @ 5:28am CDT
lockdown doesn't say "they" .. listen to it again.

he says "you weren't born, you were built, now HE WANTS you back"
Re: New Age of Extinction TV Spot Provides Major Plot Revelation (SPOILERS) (1582995)
Posted by Dr Va'al on June 17th, 2014 @ 5:32am CDT
I still hear 'and they want you back'. :-?
Re: New Age of Extinction TV Spot Provides Major Plot Revelation (SPOILERS) (1582999)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 17th, 2014 @ 5:44am CDT
Re: New Age of Extinction TV Spot Provides Major Plot Revelation (SPOILERS) (1583001)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on June 17th, 2014 @ 5:59am CDT
"They want you back." or "He wants you back." I listened to it about 6 or 7 times, and honestly, I can't tell. It could be either, considering Lockdown's voice and speech pattern. I do hope it's "He" and not "They" but we'll see. 9 days to go!
Re: New Age of Extinction TV Spot Provides Major Plot Revelation (SPOILERS) (1583002)
Posted by leokearon on June 17th, 2014 @ 6:07am CDT
Sounds like "They" to me
Re: New Age of Extinction TV Spot Provides Major Plot Revelation (SPOILERS) (1583004)
Posted by Peridot on June 17th, 2014 @ 6:21am CDT
It sounds like "they want you back". There's no audible "s" after he says "want". And unless Lockdown's saying "He want you back", he's saying "they", not "he".
Re: New Age of Extinction TV Spot Provides Major Plot Revelation (SPOILERS) (1583005)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on June 17th, 2014 @ 6:27am CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:Welp. This is exactly what I didn't want. Guess the entire franchise is ruined for me.

Turning down the franchise before seeing the movie? You, sir, must have a lot of guts.
Re: New Age of Extinction TV Spot Provides Major Plot Revelation (SPOILERS) (1583006)
Posted by SlyTF1 on June 17th, 2014 @ 6:43am CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:

I said I guess.
Re: New Age of Extinction TV Spot Provides Major Plot Revelation (SPOILERS) (1583011)
Posted by jeprime1983 on June 17th, 2014 @ 7:00am CDT
Perhaps it was Lockdown speaking to Galvatron and we're meant to think he was speaking to Optimus
Re: New Age of Extinction TV Spot Provides Major Plot Revelation (SPOILERS) (1583019)
Posted by Darkman20xx on June 17th, 2014 @ 7:28am CDT
On my speakers it sounds like "He wants you back". I'm still going with the thought that the main baddie is Unicron just because the way that large craft is attacking the planet by sucking it up reminds me of him. This is Bay though. For all we know the "He" could be an evil Alpha Trion.
Re: New Age of Extinction TV Spot Provides Major Plot Revelation (SPOILERS) (1583023)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on June 17th, 2014 @ 7:34am CDT
TimothyR wrote:lockdown doesn't say "they" .. listen to it again.

he says "you weren't born, you were built, now HE WANTS you back"

I liatened with the volume all the way up multiple times, he says "they".
Re: New Age of Extinction TV Spot Provides Major Plot Revelation (SPOILERS) (1583026)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on June 17th, 2014 @ 7:42am CDT
Cyber Bishop wrote:
TimothyR wrote:lockdown doesn't say "they" .. listen to it again.

he says "you weren't born, you were built, now HE WANTS you back"

I liatened with the volume all the way up multiple times, he says "they".

Yup, definitely "they".

Edit: Watching it again, I just had another thought. The ships are tearing up human cities and earlier spots talk about it being extinction. What if Lockdown isn't talking to a Transformer at all when he says this and he's talking about Extraterrestrial creation for humanity? Personally, THAT would ruin it for me.
Re: New Age of Extinction TV Spot Provides Major Plot Revelation (SPOILERS) (1583028)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on June 17th, 2014 @ 7:46am CDT
Yessssss!
Re: New Age of Extinction TV Spot Provides Major Plot Revelation (SPOILERS) (1583034)
Posted by bluecatcinema on June 17th, 2014 @ 7:57am CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:I'm kinda hoping for movie-verse Quints. I don't mind the Primus origin, but I've never been married to the concept, especially since I didn't even know about it until the 2000's(I never read the Marvel comics). For me, the Quint origin was the one I'd always known and I'd like to see it paid at least some lip service in a modern franchise.

This. I have nothing against the Primus origin, but the Quintesson origin just seems to gel better for me.
Re: New Age of Extinction TV Spot Provides Major Plot Revelation (SPOILERS) (1583042)
Posted by dreadwing95 on June 17th, 2014 @ 8:10am CDT
somehow i had the feeling it was the quintessons. unicron might come sometime later in the new trilogy. probably in the final movie
Re: New Age of Extinction TV Spot Provides Major Plot Revelation (SPOILERS) (1583045)
Posted by Optimizzy on June 17th, 2014 @ 8:17am CDT
well, all I can say is: Unreliable Narrator.
Re: New Age of Extinction TV Spot Provides Major Plot Revelation (SPOILERS) (1583046)
Posted by T-Macksimus on June 17th, 2014 @ 8:21am CDT
Well...F***!! :BANG_HEAD:

Just when I was warming up to this movie. I still have to sit through it, I promised my kids we'd see it over the 4th of July weekend but this little tid-bit is going to make it less enjoyable. Praying that everyone is reading WAY too much into this, which likely all of you are, and that it is going to be something totally out of left field. It better be because this is going to be one steaming pile of sh** if Unicron and the Quints get dragged into this movie franchise.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem