Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More!

Friday, February 4th, 2011 1:32AM CST

Categories: Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Blurrz   Views: 96,399

We're less than five months away from the release of the Dark Of The Moon in theaters, and we've certainly seen our fair share of the first few waves of the film's subsequent toy line. Today we get a closer look at the alternate mode of the figures featured in the large group photo from a few days prior. We've got a look at Sentinel Prime, the massive Leader class fire truck. We also have images of the yet to be named helicopter, and the No.48 Lowe's Nascar. Their mechtech weapons are a machine gun, and a bow, respectively.

We also get a look at the new Deluxe Ratchet, armed with a Mechtech chaingun. We also have images of the new Deluxe Barricade and his mechtech claw and Sideswipe with his new convertible alternate mode and mechtech gun. And lastly, there is an image of DOTM Bumblebee. You can check out the images through the links above, or by viewing the YouTube video below ...

Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): Yahoo Japan member nihaohuwen
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177440)
Posted by frogbat on February 4th, 2011 @ 1:40am CST

sentinel prime's alt mode is a bit boring but fits in with the big but not flash alt modes for autobot leaders
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177441)
Posted by Blurrz on February 4th, 2011 @ 1:41am CST
frogbat wrote:do we know the chopper's faction - it's one of the only dotm figures that has intrigued me so far

His robot mode is pretty wicked though. Sword, shield, it's wicked.
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177444)
Posted by ShardFenix on February 4th, 2011 @ 1:54am CST
where are said robot mode pics?
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177445)
Posted by Blurrz on February 4th, 2011 @ 1:57am CST
ShardFenix wrote:where are said robot mode pics?

Seen by my insider in Singapore. =3
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177457)
Posted by Galvatrondestroyer on February 4th, 2011 @ 2:40am CST
Anyone else gettin the idea the choppah might be Springer?
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177461)
Posted by Wheeljack_Prime on February 4th, 2011 @ 3:19am CST
Voyager Ratchet? Um, that's the new deluxe.
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177464)
Posted by Blurrz on February 4th, 2011 @ 3:26am CST
Wheeljack_Prime wrote:Voyager Ratchet? Um, that's the new deluxe.

Thanks!
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177466)
Posted by Mykltron on February 4th, 2011 @ 5:00am CST
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177471)
Posted by Xterminator on February 4th, 2011 @ 5:50am CST
Blurrz wrote:

His robot mode is pretty wicked though. Sword, shield, it's wicked.

The key question for me is: How big is the Firetruck ? Is he a Voyager or a Leader Class ?

If he is a Voyager, it seems to be in a good scale with Voyager BB OP and Deluxes Ironhide & Ratchet. Very nice !

If he is a Leader, clearly the vehicle mode was scaled down in such way that the Robot mode is as tall as Leader OP
(exactly what happened to ROTF Leader Jetfire). If Hasbro has made that choice again, it is going be so disappointing...
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177487)
Posted by Kingpun on February 4th, 2011 @ 7:16am CST
Xterminator wrote:
Blurrz wrote:

His robot mode is pretty wicked though. Sword, shield, it's wicked.

In the previous pic of all the vehicles together, the firetruck clearly looked to be leader class.

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, it looks like the panels that make up the bottom of Sideswipe's doors are much sleeker swords than the ROTF version. Me likey.
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177494)
Posted by --B-- on February 4th, 2011 @ 7:40am CST
Why does Bumblebee have the mesh "windows" of a NASCAR car? Don't tell me he ends up on the track.
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177507)
Posted by dragons on February 4th, 2011 @ 8:37am CST

its not rare unless you work military base or sector 7 :lol: yeah mechtech is ridiclous for transfromers to have in this series they dont look like transfromers at all look like rip off updated version of mask/zoids with littel bit of TWISTED METAL video game thrown into the mix im really surprised firtruck doesnt have mechtech weapon gun stored somewhere.
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177510)
Posted by kirbenvost on February 4th, 2011 @ 8:46am CST

Unpainted Sideswipe looks terrible. For a silver car they really need to make sure it's painted.

The Nascar and Sentinel Prime are promising, BB would be good if I didn't already have the previous version, and that chopper almost looks like an uglier version of Tomahawk. Interesting nonetheless.
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177530)
Posted by Blurrz on February 4th, 2011 @ 9:56am CST
kirbenvost wrote:I really wish they'd just get to the robot mode pics. I hate how slow they are with the teasers, it's annoying.

We've come a long way, remember when we'd just get blurred out images of the alternate mode as teasers?
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177548)
Posted by OlivusPrime on February 4th, 2011 @ 11:00am CST
This line is really starting to grow on me. Sideswipe and Sentinel Prime look awesome, I can't wait for robot mode pics. The blue Wrecker looks alright, but the exposed weapons seem to seperate it from the green one and, for whatever reason, it looks like an FAB to me.

That military chopper screams Whirl to me - perhaps the Wreckers will be more than just the NASCAR cars?
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177553)
Posted by prmlove1 on February 4th, 2011 @ 11:10am CST
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177572)
Posted by Alex Jones on February 4th, 2011 @ 12:04pm CST

According to the leaked list of upcoming TF, he's an Autobot.

My guess is that he's Springer, considering they got the Wreckers in the upcoming movie and there's concept art for a movie Springer released a year ago.
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177576)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on February 4th, 2011 @ 12:23pm CST
Sentinel Prime's alt mode is looking good and so is that helicopter :D
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177584)
Posted by kirbenvost on February 4th, 2011 @ 12:39pm CST
Blurrz wrote:

I guess so, but I'd rather they just cut to the chase, and I assume most fans would agree. These slowly-trickled pics are almost as annoying as CrazyDevy's blank images and silhouettes, especially since with these they could just take 5 minutes to transform and photograph one of them. But of course they want to draw out their internet dame as long as possible. :p
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177586)
Posted by SlyTF1 on February 4th, 2011 @ 12:45pm CST
prmlove1 wrote:Am I the only one that thinks that Sentinel Prime kinda looks like Animated Ultra Magnus?

Yeah, he definately does.
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177587)
Posted by The Legend on February 4th, 2011 @ 12:47pm CST
I was thinking the helicopter was repurposed in to Galvatron's mate from IDW's Infestation thing.
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177591)
Posted by Rodimus Minor on February 4th, 2011 @ 1:00pm CST
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177598)
Posted by Lapse Of Reason on February 4th, 2011 @ 1:22pm CST
I have to say that most of these figures look awful. The oversized weapons are ridiculous and the paint job looks dull on most of them.

Sentinel Prime (although alt mode is too small) and Shockwave are the only figures that interest me so far. Maybe the helicopter (Springer?).
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177625)
Posted by syphonn on February 4th, 2011 @ 2:37pm CST
Mykltron wrote:Robots in Disguise? I don't know about you guys but in my neighbourhood cars with GIANT guns on top are pretty rare.

I agree. The new toys, in my opinion look just awful.
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177667)
Posted by OptiMagnus on February 4th, 2011 @ 3:42pm CST
syphonn wrote:

I agree. The new toys, in my opinion look just awful.

You know, those giant weapons aren't glued or secured on to the toy in any way. You don't have to use them if you don't want to.

Rodimus Minor wrote:i have to say these Dark or the Moon figures look awesome I deffinatly want Sentinel

You LIE! You LIE! 8-}
I have now found two people besides myself that like these figures.
My wallet is going to lose a lot of weight between now and the end of DOTM. Nearly every figure I've seen so far is on my want list, not to mention all the cool Generations and Reveal the Shield deluxes.
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177676)
Posted by the_r_star on February 4th, 2011 @ 3:56pm CST
I love these toys too! I cant wait till May! Sure some don't look right, but a lot of them haven't been correctly transformed. My wife is gonna kill me cause of the amount of money i'm gonna spend this may!
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177693)
Posted by prowl123 on February 4th, 2011 @ 4:23pm CST
Finally! a non-panelly Sideswipe! :D

Is it just me, or does Sentinel Prime look a lot like Animated Ultra Magnus? :???:
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177703)
Posted by Noideaforaname on February 4th, 2011 @ 4:40pm CST
The firetruck and copter have hints of the bot mode on them... What a tease.

I've never seen a semi with flame patters, a pickup truck, a search and rescue Hummer, and a bunch of flashy cars travel in a group --all of which strangely have the same weird face-like symbol on them-- either. :P
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177721)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on February 4th, 2011 @ 5:31pm CST
I have to say I'm really liking Sentinel's alt mode! don't know why, but I just do! :D also, its not that I have a problem with the Movieverse or its designs, but I just get the feeling that Sentinel's robot mode shouldn't be too alien-like, I hoep it isn't. =L
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177731)
Posted by chrisc4 on February 4th, 2011 @ 5:44pm CST

really i see it all the time! :P oh man i cannot wait!
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177745)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on February 4th, 2011 @ 6:11pm CST
To those with the query about the helicopter's faction - there's a nice red splotch on the front left of it. :) I'd say it's safe to say it's an Autobot. (whoah, funny sentence there)
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177814)
Posted by Rycher Prime on February 4th, 2011 @ 9:59pm CST
Yeah.....I can see those huge ass weapons being thrown in my misc.weapons box. :BOT:
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177826)
Posted by Wheeljack35 on February 4th, 2011 @ 10:19pm CST
If the nascar and the fire truck Robot modes looked like anything from the generations line I would be estatic but since they are from the Bayformer line there going to be ridiculous looking
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177849)
Posted by DJLazer on February 4th, 2011 @ 11:33pm CST
Being a sidswipe fan i like how they made sideswipe.I thought he would only be a repaint of the sidarm sideswipe. :BOT: :APPLAUSE: :x :grin: :D
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars