New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More!

Transformers News: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More!

Friday, February 4th, 2011 1:32AM CST

Categories: Live Action Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Anonymous.   Views: 100,074

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

We're less than five months away from the release of the Dark Of The Moon in theaters, and we've certainly seen our fair share of the first few waves of the film's subsequent toy line. Today we get a closer look at the alternate mode of the figures featured in the large group photo from a few days prior. We've got a look at Sentinel Prime, the massive Leader class fire truck. We also have images of the yet to be named helicopter, and the No.48 Lowe's Nascar. Their mechtech weapons are a machine gun, and a bow, respectively.

We also get a look at the new Deluxe Ratchet, armed with a Mechtech chaingun. We also have images of the new Deluxe Barricade and his mechtech claw and Sideswipe with his new convertible alternate mode and mechtech gun. And lastly, there is an image of DOTM Bumblebee. You can check out the images through the links above, or by viewing the YouTube video below ...



Keep it at Seibertron.com for the fastest Transformers news on the net!
Credit(s): Yahoo Japan member nihaohuwen
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177440)
Posted by frogbat on February 4th, 2011 @ 1:40am CST
do we know the chopper's faction - it's one of the only dotm figures that has intrigued me so far

sentinel prime's alt mode is a bit boring but fits in with the big but not flash alt modes for autobot leaders
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177441)
Posted by Anonymous. on February 4th, 2011 @ 1:41am CST
frogbat wrote:do we know the chopper's faction - it's one of the only dotm figures that has intrigued me so far

sentinel prime's alt mode is a bit boring but fits in with the big but not flash alt modes for autobot leaders

[color=teal]
His robot mode is pretty wicked though. Sword, shield, it's wicked. [/color]
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177444)
Posted by ShardFenix on February 4th, 2011 @ 1:54am CST
where are said robot mode pics?
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177445)
Posted by Anonymous. on February 4th, 2011 @ 1:57am CST
ShardFenix wrote:where are said robot mode pics?

[color=teal]
Seen by my insider in Singapore. =3 [/color]
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177457)
Posted by Galvatrondestroyer on February 4th, 2011 @ 2:40am CST
Anyone else gettin the idea the choppah might be Springer?
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177461)
Posted by Wheeljack_Prime on February 4th, 2011 @ 3:19am CST
Voyager Ratchet? Um, that's the new deluxe.
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177464)
Posted by Anonymous. on February 4th, 2011 @ 3:26am CST
Wheeljack_Prime wrote:Voyager Ratchet? Um, that's the new deluxe.

[color=teal]
Thanks! [/color]
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177466)
Posted by Mykltron on February 4th, 2011 @ 5:00am CST
Robots in Disguise? I don't know about you guys but in my neighbourhood cars with GIANT guns on top are pretty rare.
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177471)
Posted by Xterminator on February 4th, 2011 @ 5:50am CST
Blurrz wrote:
frogbat wrote:do we know the chopper's faction - it's one of the only dotm figures that has intrigued me so far

sentinel prime's alt mode is a bit boring but fits in with the big but not flash alt modes for autobot leaders

[color=teal]
His robot mode is pretty wicked though. Sword, shield, it's wicked. [/color]



The key question for me is: How big is the Firetruck ? Is he a Voyager or a Leader Class ?

If he is a Voyager, it seems to be in a good scale with Voyager BB OP and Deluxes Ironhide & Ratchet. Very nice !

If he is a Leader, clearly the vehicle mode was scaled down in such way that the Robot mode is as tall as Leader OP
(exactly what happened to ROTF Leader Jetfire). If Hasbro has made that choice again, it is going be so disappointing...
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177487)
Posted by Kingpun on February 4th, 2011 @ 7:16am CST
Xterminator wrote:
Blurrz wrote:
frogbat wrote:do we know the chopper's faction - it's one of the only dotm figures that has intrigued me so far

sentinel prime's alt mode is a bit boring but fits in with the big but not flash alt modes for autobot leaders

[color=teal]
His robot mode is pretty wicked though. Sword, shield, it's wicked. [/color]



The key question for me is: How big is the Firetruck ? Is he a Voyager or a Leader Class ?

If he is a Voyager, it seems to be in a good scale with Voyager BB OP and Deluxes Ironhide & Ratchet. Very nice !

If he is a Leader, clearly the vehicle mode was scaled down in such way that the Robot mode is as tall as Leader OP
(exactly what happened to ROTF Leader Jetfire). If Hasbro has made that choice again, it is going be so disappointing...


In the previous pic of all the vehicles together, the firetruck clearly looked to be leader class.

Unless my eyes are deceiving me, it looks like the panels that make up the bottom of Sideswipe's doors are much sleeker swords than the ROTF version. Me likey.
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177494)
Posted by --B-- on February 4th, 2011 @ 7:40am CST
Why does Bumblebee have the mesh "windows" of a NASCAR car? Don't tell me he ends up on the track.
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177507)
Posted by dragons on February 4th, 2011 @ 8:37am CST
[quote]Robots in Disguise? I don't know about you guys but in my neighbourhood cars with GIANT guns on top are pretty rare.[/quote]

its not rare unless you work military base or sector 7 :lol: yeah mechtech is ridiclous for transfromers to have in this series they dont look like transfromers at all look like rip off updated version of mask/zoids with littel bit of TWISTED METAL video game thrown into the mix im really surprised firtruck doesnt have mechtech weapon gun stored somewhere.
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177510)
Posted by kirbenvost on February 4th, 2011 @ 8:46am CST
I really wish they'd just get to the robot mode pics. I hate how slow they are with the teasers, it's annoying.

Unpainted Sideswipe looks terrible. For a silver car they really need to make sure it's painted.

The Nascar and Sentinel Prime are promising, BB would be good if I didn't already have the previous version, and that chopper almost looks like an uglier version of Tomahawk. Interesting nonetheless.
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177530)
Posted by Anonymous. on February 4th, 2011 @ 9:56am CST
kirbenvost wrote:I really wish they'd just get to the robot mode pics. I hate how slow they are with the teasers, it's annoying.

Unpainted Sideswipe looks terrible. For a silver car they really need to make sure it's painted.

The Nascar and Sentinel Prime are promising, BB would be good if I didn't already have the previous version, and that chopper almost looks like an uglier version of Tomahawk. Interesting nonetheless.

[color=teal]
We've come a long way, remember when we'd just get blurred out images of the alternate mode as teasers? [/color]
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177548)
Posted by OlivusPrime on February 4th, 2011 @ 11:00am CST
This line is really starting to grow on me. Sideswipe and Sentinel Prime look awesome, I can't wait for robot mode pics. The blue Wrecker looks alright, but the exposed weapons seem to seperate it from the green one and, for whatever reason, it looks like an FAB to me.

That military chopper screams Whirl to me - perhaps the Wreckers will be more than just the NASCAR cars?
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177553)
Posted by prmlove1 on February 4th, 2011 @ 11:10am CST
Am I the only one that thinks that Sentinel Prime kinda looks like Animated Ultra Magnus?
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177572)
Posted by Alex Jones on February 4th, 2011 @ 12:04pm CST
frogbat wrote:do we know the chopper's faction - it's one of the only dotm figures that has intrigued me so far

sentinel prime's alt mode is a bit boring but fits in with the big but not flash alt modes for autobot leaders


According to the leaked list of upcoming TF, he's an Autobot.

My guess is that he's Springer, considering they got the Wreckers in the upcoming movie and there's concept art for a movie Springer released a year ago.
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177576)
Posted by BATTOUSAIXD on February 4th, 2011 @ 12:23pm CST
Sentinel Prime's alt mode is looking good and so is that helicopter :D
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177584)
Posted by kirbenvost on February 4th, 2011 @ 12:39pm CST
Blurrz wrote:
kirbenvost wrote:I really wish they'd just get to the robot mode pics. I hate how slow they are with the teasers, it's annoying.

Unpainted Sideswipe looks terrible. For a silver car they really need to make sure it's painted.

The Nascar and Sentinel Prime are promising, BB would be good if I didn't already have the previous version, and that chopper almost looks like an uglier version of Tomahawk. Interesting nonetheless.

[color=teal]
We've come a long way, remember when we'd just get blurred out images of the alternate mode as teasers? [/color]


I guess so, but I'd rather they just cut to the chase, and I assume most fans would agree. These slowly-trickled pics are almost as annoying as CrazyDevy's blank images and silhouettes, especially since with these they could just take 5 minutes to transform and photograph one of them. But of course they want to draw out their internet dame as long as possible. :p
Re: New Alternate Mode Images of Dark Of The Moon Sentinel Prime, Unnamed Copter, Sideswipe and More! (1177586)
Posted by SlyTF1 on February 4th, 2011 @ 12:45pm CST
prmlove1 wrote:Am I the only one that thinks that Sentinel Prime kinda looks like Animated Ultra Magnus?


Yeah, he definately does.

Ending Soon On eBay

SDCC 2014 Transformers Masterpiece MP-04 Autobot Prowl Hasbro TRU Exclusive - Time Remaining: 8 days 8 hours 10 minutes 33 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Henkei Asia Ex. Autobots Warriors Ratchet Kup Perceptor Pack - Time Remaining: 2 days 8 hours 11 minutes 47 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction Generations Voyager Class Galvatron Figure - NEW - Time Remaining: 2 days 11 hours 42 minutes 18 seconds
Hasbro Transformers Platinum Edition Predaking Figure Amazon Exclusive - Time Remaining: 3 days 2 hours 28 minutes 35 seconds
Transformers Movie All Spark Power Deluxe Autobot Cliffjumper Figure Red Camaro - Time Remaining: 8 days 7 hours 2 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers United UN-07 Bumblebee (Goldbug) - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 3 minutes
Transformers Classic Universe Action Figure Tankor With Melee Blade RID New MOSC - Time Remaining: 7 days 22 hours 52 minutes 32 seconds
Transformers Generations Titans Return Voyager G1 ASTROTRAIN + DARKMOON NEW MIB - Time Remaining: 24 days 12 hours 11 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory
Twincast / Podcast #156:
"Gestalt Theory"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, September 24th, 2016