New AoE Grimlock Image Revealed. Bay, Wahlberg and Raynor Comment On The Upcoming Film

Transformers News: New AoE Grimlock Image Revealed. Bay, Wahlberg and Raynor Comment On The Upcoming Film

Friday, April 11th, 2014 5:59AM CDT

Categories: Movie News, People News, Media, Interviews
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 34,825

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Director Michael Bay, star Mark Wahlberg and co-star Jack Raynor took a moment to speak with Entertainment Weekly to discuss the film itself, what's new, what's changed/changing, and the article included a new image of Grimlock in action in the film.

This information was brought to us courtesy of the Transformers Live Action Movie Blog, and you can read the full article here: http://transformerslive.blogspot.com.tr ... .html#more

We've included some snippets below:

Bay: "It's kind of like a new Transformers. We had three, the first trilogy, and this is going to be the next. ...It's the first of a new trilogy. I'm not necessarily sure that I'm doing [the others], but that's what it's meant for."


Bay: "{Shia LaBeouf]'s a good guy, but three movies, the same guy, it's time. You know what I'm saying? It's always good to freshen it up and change the story."


Wahlberg: "[The government] basically want to wipe out all Transformers, all the Autobots. Optimus has lost all faith in humankind, and I'm trying to convince him there is still good in the world and we need to work together."


Reynor: "The first day I'm acting opposite a giant robot that's not there so that was something that took me out of my comfort zone. Probably the most outrageous thing we did was run through an incredible explosion. You can see it in the trailer. Everything around us blew up. Absolutely terrifying. But you don't really think of the terror until afterward. It's one of those things where you just run and all of your basic instincts as a human kick in. You get out on the other side of it and you feel like a different person, really."


Also of note, some specs on Grimlock, which we've also included below:

"150 feet long from the tail to the nostrils, 63.5 feet tall from the ground to the top of his horns, and weigh 850 tons."


And finally, the new Grimlock image:

Transformers News: New AoE Grimlock Image Revealed. Bay, Wahlberg and Raynor Comment On The Upcoming Film

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest in news and updates, plus the best galleries around!
Credit(s): Entertainment Weekly, Transformers Live Action Movie Blog
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New AoE Grimlock Image Revealed. Bay, Wahlberg and Raynor Comment On The Upcoming Film (1564399)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 11th, 2014 @ 6:06am CDT
I think calling it a trilogy is a bit of a stretch. Besides, there's only one trilogy.

Also, those stats on Grimlock are pretty awesome. I just hope he breaths fire in the movie.
Re: New AoE Grimlock Image Revealed. Bay, Wahlberg and Raynor Comment On The Upcoming Film (1564400)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 11th, 2014 @ 6:36am CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I think calling it a trilogy is a bit of a stretch. Besides, there's only one trilogy.
1-3 is the old trilogy. 4-6, as stated here, is the new trilogy. What's not to get?
Re: New AoE Grimlock Image Revealed. Bay, Wahlberg and Raynor Comment On The Upcoming Film (1564406)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 11th, 2014 @ 7:05am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I think calling it a trilogy is a bit of a stretch. Besides, there's only one trilogy.
1-3 is the old trilogy. 4-6, as stated here, is the new trilogy. What's not to get?


Re: New AoE Grimlock Image Revealed. Bay, Wahlberg and Raynor Comment On The Upcoming Film (1564410)
Posted by Shelf Space on April 11th, 2014 @ 7:21am CDT
star wars sucks gtfo
Re: New AoE Grimlock Image Revealed. Bay, Wahlberg and Raynor Comment On The Upcoming Film (1564421)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on April 11th, 2014 @ 8:36am CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I think calling it a trilogy is a bit of a stretch. Besides, there's only one trilogy.
1-3 is the old trilogy. 4-6, as stated here, is the new trilogy. What's not to get?



so just because starwars did a trilogy first that means transformers is not allowed? OKAY :lol:
Re: New AoE Grimlock Image Revealed. Bay, Wahlberg and Raynor Comment On The Upcoming Film (1564424)
Posted by dragons on April 11th, 2014 @ 8:47am CDT
Fires_Of_Inferno wrote:I think calling it a trilogy is a bit of a stretch. Besides, there's only one trilogy.

Also, those stats on Grimlock are pretty awesome. I just hope he breaths fire in the movie.



certain you can sleep easy night in articale they show grimlock :michaelbay: fire cartoon breath
Re: New AoE Grimlock Image Revealed. Bay, Wahlberg and Raynor Comment On The Upcoming Film (1564431)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 11th, 2014 @ 9:16am CDT
So, Optimus lost his faith in humanity. Took him long enough.
Re: New AoE Grimlock Image Revealed. Bay, Wahlberg and Raynor Comment On The Upcoming Film (1564436)
Posted by Cyber Bishop on April 11th, 2014 @ 9:41am CDT
Shelf Space wrote:star wars sucks gtfo


Strictly your opinion.

As for grimly and co., I wonder if they are going to follow them being a special ops group sent to earth millions of years ago?
Re: New AoE Grimlock Image Revealed. Bay, Wahlberg and Raynor Comment On The Upcoming Film (1564474)
Posted by dende5416 on April 11th, 2014 @ 11:40am CDT
I think "trilogy" is a little strong of a word to use here. I mean, has there been three movies? Yes. Did it follow the same characters? For the most part. But really, the only solidly continuing plot-line throughout was Sam Whitwhicky's life. I expect, in a trilogy, to see more then just one plot line. Its almost more like the James Bond films then anything.
Re: New AoE Grimlock Image Revealed. Bay, Wahlberg and Raynor Comment On The Upcoming Film (1564478)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 11th, 2014 @ 11:57am CDT
dende5416 wrote:I think "trilogy" is a little strong of a word to use here. I mean, has there been three movies? Yes. Did it follow the same characters? For the most part. But really, the only solidly continuing plot-line throughout was Sam Whitwhicky's life. I expect, in a trilogy, to see more then just one plot line. Its almost more like the James Bond films then anything.


Plotline- Decepticons trying to rebuild Cybertron.
Re: New AoE Grimlock Image Revealed. Bay, Wahlberg and Raynor Comment On The Upcoming Film (1564527)
Posted by dende5416 on April 11th, 2014 @ 4:41pm CDT
SlyTF1 wrote:
dende5416 wrote:I think "trilogy" is a little strong of a word to use here. I mean, has there been three movies? Yes. Did it follow the same characters? For the most part. But really, the only solidly continuing plot-line throughout was Sam Whitwhicky's life. I expect, in a trilogy, to see more then just one plot line. Its almost more like the James Bond films then anything.


Plotline- Decepticons trying to rebuild Cybertron.



With no consistancy though. First its "We need the Allspark" then its "Oh yes, I do whatever the fallen says" then its "hey look, this old guy I hatched a backroom deal with, then pretended I didn't, then came to the exact same place he was coming for some completely different reason but now hes back so lets go with that!"
Re: New AoE Grimlock Image Revealed. Bay, Wahlberg and Raynor Comment On The Upcoming Film (1564528)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 11th, 2014 @ 4:43pm CDT
[quote][size=200]tril·o·gy
[/size]/ˈtriləjē/

noun

    1. a group of three related novels, plays, films, operas, or albums.
  • (in ancient Greece) a series of three tragedies performed one after the other.[/*:m]
  • a group or series of three related things.
    "a trilogy of cases reflected this development"[/*:m][/list:u]
    Origin

    from Greek trilogia, from tri- ‘three times’ + logos ‘story.’[/quote]
Re: New AoE Grimlock Image Revealed. Bay, Wahlberg and Raynor Comment On The Upcoming Film (1564529)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on April 11th, 2014 @ 4:49pm CDT
For the photos of the TFs, click on the link at the bottom.

Autobots: Optimus, Bumblebee, Hound, Drift, Crosshairs
Dinobots: Grimlock, Slash, Slug, Strafe, Scorn
Decepticons: Stinger, Lockdown, Galvatron

ComingSoon wrote:Hasbro (via TFW2005) has brought online 13 new character images that show off the robotic cast of Michael Bay's Transformers: Age of Extinction. You can check them all out in the gallery viewer below! EW, meanwhile, has just debuted the above image of Grimlock, which you can click on to see in a larger version.

Speaking with the magazine, Bay reaffirms that Transformers: Age of Extinction is the launch of a new big screen trilogy. Although he's said as much in the past, he's no longer writing himself off as the director of the next two adventures.

“We had three, the first trilogy, and this is going to be the next one," he says. "...It’s the first of a new trilogy. I’m not necessarily sure that I’m doing [the others], but that’s what it’s meant for.”

Bay also dropped a few details about some of the film's new bots, particularly Lockdown, who he says could play an expanded role in future films.

“Lockdown is an interesting character," he says. "He travels the galaxy, he works for somebody else. And he’s here for one person, one alien, and then he’s out of here,” Bay says. “So he doesn’t really want to take sides. The cause and balance of the galaxy is kind of messed up when different species play with different species. And that opens up a whole other gigantic world for Transformers... Lockdown’s ship has a lot of meaning that can go into other movies. There’s a lot of backstory about that ship that’s not laid out here. You’re going to see a few things where you’re like ‘What is that? And what is that?’ And you’re going to see a couple shots like, ‘Wait a minute, who are they?’ But we don’t answer those questions.”


Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienew ... 6#/slide/1
Re: New AoE Grimlock Image Revealed. Bay, Wahlberg and Raynor Comment On The Upcoming Film (1564532)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 11th, 2014 @ 5:07pm CDT
We've seen the Grimlock pic and Bay comments - http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... ilm/29889/.

The images are from Hasbro, here, and will be newsed now!
Re: New AoE Grimlock Image Revealed. Bay, Wahlberg and Raynor Comment On The Upcoming Film (1564533)
Posted by SlyTF1 on April 11th, 2014 @ 5:18pm CDT
dende5416 wrote:
SlyTF1 wrote:
dende5416 wrote:I think "trilogy" is a little strong of a word to use here. I mean, has there been three movies? Yes. Did it follow the same characters? For the most part. But really, the only solidly continuing plot-line throughout was Sam Whitwhicky's life. I expect, in a trilogy, to see more then just one plot line. Its almost more like the James Bond films then anything.


Plotline- Decepticons trying to rebuild Cybertron.



With no consistancy though. First its "We need the Allspark" then its "Oh yes, I do whatever the fallen says" then its "hey look, this old guy I hatched a backroom deal with, then pretended I didn't, then came to the exact same place he was coming for some completely different reason but now hes back so lets go with that!"


Sentinel was supposed to meet Megatron on Earth so they could get the Allspark. The Fallen's plan was basically just plan B. I seriously doubt Megatron honestly cared about Sentinel, which is why he waited until plan B to fail before he decided to go looking for him.
Re: New AoE Grimlock Image Revealed. Bay, Wahlberg and Raynor Comment On The Upcoming Film (1564554)
Posted by Dr Va'al on April 11th, 2014 @ 6:14pm CDT
After the piece we posted earlier today from an Entertainment Weekly article, Seibertron.com user Rodimus Prime has pointed us in the direction of a better quality image, mirrored below, of Grimlock in Transformers: Age of Extinction. Additionally, courtesy of the Hasbro website, we get a look at 13 new character art pieces, including the full line-up for the upcoming movie: Dinobots (with Autobot symbol) Slug, Scorn, Strafe, Slash, Grimlock (without the symbol), Autobots Hound, Bumblebee, Optimus Prime, Crosshairs, Drift and Decepticons Lockdown, Stinger and Galvatron. Check them all out mirrored below!



























Re: New AoE Grimlock Image Revealed. Bay, Wahlberg and Raynor Comment On The Upcoming Film (1564555)
Posted by dreadwing95 on April 11th, 2014 @ 6:20pm CDT
i love every single one of these designs. so pumped for this movie
Re: New AoE Grimlock Image Revealed. Bay, Wahlberg and Raynor Comment On The Upcoming Film (1564558)
Posted by Sabrblade on April 11th, 2014 @ 6:25pm CDT
Not sure about the others, but at least Slash's image used to have some humorous stats about him before said stats were previously removed from the image:

Re: New AoE Grimlock Image Revealed. Bay, Wahlberg and Raynor Comment On The Upcoming Film (1564559)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on April 11th, 2014 @ 6:31pm CDT
Ahem. Hound is still carrying his stomach around.
Re: New AoE Grimlock Image Revealed. Bay, Wahlberg and Raynor Comment On The Upcoming Film (1564562)
Posted by Fires_Of_Inferno on April 11th, 2014 @ 6:42pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Not sure about the others, but at least Slash's image used to have some humorous stats about him before said stats were previously removed from the image:




Hellooooo new wallpaper! :D

Ending Soon On eBay

HASBRO TRANSFORMERS AGE OF EXTINCTION POWER BATTLER CLAW CRUSH JUNKHEAP - Time Remaining: 5 days 19 hours 2 minutes 19 seconds
Transformers G2 GEARHEAD GOBOTS Autobot Robot Action Figure 1994 Hasbro VTG Rare - Time Remaining: 5 days 13 hours 12 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers G2 Generation 2 Jazz Autobot Missile Rocket Launcher and 2 Missiles - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 57 minutes 35 seconds
SDCC GI Joe Transformers Crossover Shockwave hiss tank w destro loose complete - Time Remaining: 5 days 16 hours 59 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars King Starscream 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 4 days 19 hours 59 minutes 49 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Generations COMBINER WARS SKY LYNX Voyager COMPLETE - Time Remaining: 5 days 20 hours 13 seconds
TAKARA Transformers Hasbro Gen 1 G1 Dinobot Swoop Pterosaur Dinosaur Toy Robot - Time Remaining: 5 days 8 hours 36 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers G1 SEALED figure TERRORCON CUTTHROAT Original NEW NOS Abominus - Time Remaining: 5 days 9 hours 32 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #146 - Happy Accidents
Twincast / Podcast #146:
"Happy Accidents"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Tuesday, June 14th, 2016