Transformers News: New Beast Hunters Kre-O Sighted at Retail: Beast Blade Optimus Prime and Ripclaw Strike

Monday, January 28th, 2013 8:57PM CST

Category: Sightings
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 27,843

Seibertron News Admin El Duque spotted a couple of new Beast Hunters Kre-O sets at a Toys "R" Us in Oklahoma City Blade Optimus Prime and Ripclaw Strike. He also provided us with a nice pic of the new sets on the shelf. You can email your news sightings to News@Seibertron.com or post your finds in our Toy Sightings forum to let your fellow Seibertronians know what is out there.

New Beast Hunter Kre-O Sighted at Retail: Beast Blade Optimus Prime and Ripclaw Strike
Credit(s): El Duque

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Beast Hunters Kre-O Sighted at Retail: Beast Blade Optimus Prime and Ripclaw Strike (1458895)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on January 28th, 2013 @ 9:47pm CST
Honestly, I didn't think Kreo was going to last this long, what with Lego and Mega Blocks already dong...whatever. While I think it's cool that it has survived, it's really not my thing. I don't like to mix my TFs and my Legos. I don't think they mesh as toys - two completely different aesthetics.
Re: New Beast Hunters Kre-O Sighted at Retail: Beast Blade Optimus Prime and Ripclaw Strike (1458918)
Posted by RAcast on January 28th, 2013 @ 10:40pm CST
It's kind of a shame they aren't doing more classics characters in this line, but I can understand why they aren't, tying it in with Beast Hunters and all. I'm quite happy with Sideswipe, Ratchet and Bee, though I wouldn't mind finding Prowl and Megatron for cheap.
Re: New Beast Hunters Kre-O Sighted at Retail: Beast Blade Optimus Prime and Ripclaw Strike (1458932)
Posted by kenshen on January 28th, 2013 @ 11:39pm CST
Re: New Beast Hunters Kre-O Sighted at Retail: Beast Blade Optimus Prime and Ripclaw Strike (1458935)
Posted by RAcast on January 28th, 2013 @ 11:46pm CST
kenshen wrote:the design on these Kre-os are really attractive. but i've heard the plastic quality is kinda bad. one of the main reasons i'm avoiding the line :-(

Who'd you hear that from? I wholeheartedly disagree, it's at least as solid as the average Lego stuff. That said, the tolerances on the hip joints are off on one in every few kreons, but it only causes a little stressing, it's not going to damage anything.
Re: New Beast Hunters Kre-O Sighted at Retail: Beast Blade Optimus Prime and Ripclaw Strike (1458945)
Posted by necr0blivion on January 29th, 2013 @ 1:46am CST
RAcast wrote:

I second that, owning several Kre-O sets. Brick quality on par with LEGO, the main fault is in the design/plastic used for the Kreon (miniatures) wrists. 25% of mine have stress marks out of the box, swiveling the hand will usually take care of the other 75%. I'm hoping the new Kre-O combiner packs don't suffer the same issue, but I haven't heard anything about it yet.
Re: New Beast Hunters Kre-O Sighted at Retail: Beast Blade Optimus Prime and Ripclaw Strike (1459014)
Posted by Tresob on January 29th, 2013 @ 8:11am CST
The scarcity of kreons in these sets is kind of a relief. I almost only ever buy the building sets to get the mini-figures (which means I had to wait for them to go on sale or clearance...or to end up on eBay). Most of the building sets just become fodder for displays.

As for the conversation on the quality of the building sets, my impression is that Kre-o relies more heavily on plates than bricks. Where a Lego set seems to stack up a couple of bricks, Kre-o seems more likely to ask the builder to layer two or three times the number of plates to achieve the same height or thickness...which, in my opinion, are often a real pain to take apart. It is harder to get a grip on plates than bricks, and many plates end up with little gouges on their edges cause by fingernails or instruments I've had to use as wedges to separate pieces.

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Tomy Transformers GO! Beast Hunters : G18 HUNTER SOUNDWAVE Limited - Time Remaining: 7 days 5 hours 18 minutes
Lot of 9 - Unique - Transformers RPMs Speed Stars Die Cast Optimus Prime Cars - Time Remaining: 6 days 17 hours 19 minutes 54 seconds
RARE ! Transformers Robots in Disguise Scourge Tanker Truck Action Figure - 2001 - Time Remaining: 6 days 9 hours 4 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Class Optimus Prime Series 3: 001 2013 - Time Remaining: 7 days 5 hours 19 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Universe - Decepticon Nemesis Prime - Voyager Class - dated 2008 - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 34 minutes 46 seconds
Jazz Vintage Hasbro 1984  G1 Transformers Action Figure BROKEN WINDSHIELD - Time Remaining: 5 days 2 hours 25 minutes 30 seconds
TRANSFORMERS MOVIE 2007 VOYAGER CLASS INFERNO TOYS R US EXCLUSIVE MISB - Time Remaining: 5 days 14 hours 13 minutes 23 seconds
Vintage Transformers G1 Combiners ABOMINUS Figure near Complete! - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 17 minutes 15 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory