New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper

Transformers News: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper

Friday, August 21st, 2009 6:36AM CDT

Categories: Toy News, Collectables
Posted by: DevastaTTor   Views: 19,322

Seibertron.com member Pretender Skywarp has let us know that the toy collectors site SGCollect.com has new color images posted of the upcoming Takara Alternity figures Bumblebee and Cliffjumper. While some fans will be relieved to see that they do look better in color, the best news is that each repaint will have a unique, G1-inspired head. Both figures are expected some time in the November-December time frame.

Alternity Bumblebee Alt Mode

Alternity Bumblebee Bot Mode

Alternity Cliffjumper Alt Mode

Alternity Cliffjumper Bot Mode

Images mirrored from original post.

To view the original post, click HERE
Credit(s): Pretender Skywarp, SGcollect.com, Famitoy
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978582)
Posted by skywarp-2 on August 21st, 2009 @ 6:44am CDT

I am diligently trying to capture most of the Classics I can, and then move on to the ROTF Movie line..

so what sucks is that between the masterpieces they release, the Alternity figures they release, the classics/Universe, ROTF, Reissues, and 3RD Party stuff... it's amazing anyone can even keep up!! sheesh!!

Mirrored:

Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978585)
Posted by Heckfire on August 21st, 2009 @ 7:02am CDT
Whoa, they actually gave Cliffjumper his OWN headsculpt? Might be worth picking up for that alone...
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978589)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on August 21st, 2009 @ 7:18am CDT
Yay! Cliffjumper seems to have a unique head!
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978592)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 21st, 2009 @ 7:36am CDT
Better...but I still feel like we're getting MySpace angled shots of these.
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978595)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on August 21st, 2009 @ 7:46am CDT
How long before someone kitbashes one into "Bumper"? :lol:
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978596)
Posted by Burn on August 21st, 2009 @ 7:48am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Better...but I still feel like we're getting MySpace angled shots of these.

Damn emo's getting all up in my hobby!
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978598)
Posted by Narc on August 21st, 2009 @ 7:49am CDT
These look way better than the earlier pics. Good to see that CJ now has his own headsculpt! That's a big plus. :D
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978605)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on August 21st, 2009 @ 8:11am CDT
looks a lot better than the prototype
but i want cliffjump more :D
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978622)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 21st, 2009 @ 8:58am CDT
Burn wrote:

Damn emo's getting all up in my hobby!

Really? Just now noticing?

::goes back to making a wicked Linkin Park montage video::
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978630)
Posted by Seibertron on August 21st, 2009 @ 9:20am CDT
FINALLY! Cliffjumper finally gets some love. Some real love. Not just a Bumblebee repaint. :)

Man, they couldn't even get Cliffjumper right in G2. "Cliffjumper" was just a red Hubcap mold in G2.

Kudos to Takara Tomy for finally giving us a new Cliffjumper worthy of the name after 25 years.
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978632)
Posted by Convotron on August 21st, 2009 @ 9:21am CDT
Looking good, yes, very good! Thanks for bringing these pictures to our attention, Pretender Skywarp!

Now that we have photos showing less proportion problems, I have no issues at all with Alternity BB/CJ. The fact that two head sculpts were made and they don't seem to have a plate on the back of the head has sold me for sure!

I don't mind the shoulder/wheel wells. Also, if there's room for adjustment, maybe they could be angled back to reduce the appearance of the broadness of the shoulders.

Honestly, I love the choice for the alt mode because I prefer BB's as a compact car. It's about time we get a proper Cliffjumper that isn't simply a repaint of BB. The last Cliffjumper I bought was the TFA Activators CJ, which is cool, but I was hoping for a Deluxe class version. Respect the chin!

skywarp-2 wrote:these guys may be about as close to a Masterpiece of Both cliffjumper and Bumblebee that we'll ever see.. so I'm hard pressed to want to pick them up.. but I know if I do, one of my other collections will suffer.. and I'm just not clear I want to go down that road..

Yeah, I think that the Alternity BB/CJ will be the most "Masterpiece" version of the characters we'll see for some time. But...if I'm wrong, I'm happy to be wrong!

Since these are in scale with Alternity Convoy and Megatron, I think it may fit in with my Leader class Optimus Prime from RotF. I hope so because I can display them like in this picture by EJ Su:

Alternity BB has a good mix of classic G1 design and the more mechanical live action movie design to not look too out of place with RotF Leader OP.
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978638)
Posted by Jesterhead on August 21st, 2009 @ 9:42am CDT
Awesome, no need to cancel my pre-order for these guys! :lol: :lol:
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978641)
Posted by Kibble on August 21st, 2009 @ 9:45am CDT
See, much better! Glad I didn't jump the gun and cancel my pre-order...cuz it woulda been so hard to just place it again...
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978643)
Posted by munkimus prime on August 21st, 2009 @ 9:49am CDT
These look really good I think I'll get both.
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978646)
Posted by HighPrime on August 21st, 2009 @ 9:53am CDT
Pass... Really don't like the chest/midsection. Looks like an apple with arms, legs, and a head.

So far, I've been able to pass over the entire Alternity line with wanton disregard and no regrets. More for everyone else, I suppose.
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978711)
Posted by Powersa on August 21st, 2009 @ 11:32am CDT
Camera adds weight, not for these photos though
lol
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978735)
Posted by SentinelA on August 21st, 2009 @ 12:31pm CDT
Cliffjumper is becoming more and more tempting. I wanted a decent one for my Classics collection (not a repainted Bumblebee). My only hangup is the price tag of Alternitys. $50 is just too high!
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978747)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 21st, 2009 @ 12:46pm CDT
skywarp-2 wrote:Hmmm, I have not picked up any alternators (except the two in my collection..) and I have not been really interested in these types of figures..

It is a wonder indeed... I've been lucky enough to have been at it long enough that I now have all the Classics/Henkei figures (the ones I want, which is by no means the complete line), all but 1 of the Alternators (same deal), all of the Animated figures released thus far (only the ones I want, see the pattern? :mrgreen:), and I'm mostly caught up with the Movie/ROTF lines. And I have City Commander, but I haven't jumped on the boat for non-fansproject items, aside from the Starscream Coronation set.

Sadly the Masterpieces have had to suffer as I still have yet to pick up the other two seekers or Grimlock. I just can't justify spending $120+ on one TF, usually. Lucky for me, my girlfriend wants to buy Grimlock for my birthday.

Whew. Which brings us to Alternity. I originally wasn't going to start collecting these, as Convoy & Megatron aren't exactly what I feel they should be (trukk not sports kar..?), but as per my plan I collect Black Convoys which share molds of Primes I don't want. So that was a one-off purchase I was only slightly hesitant to make.

But Bumblebee. This looks 100% better than the prototype pics. I don't know if the prototype was mis-transformed, or if it's the addition of color that makes all the difference, but I like it. So my preorder can stay. It is cool to see Cliffjumper getting a proper remold, and he actually looks better than Bumblebee. Love the red + gunmetal combo. However, I don't collect Cliffjumpers so I'll stick to BB. He'll look alright as and Alt BB stand-in, perhaps. Maybe I can find a cheaper preorder though...
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978750)
Posted by Nekoman on August 21st, 2009 @ 12:47pm CDT
Me likes these boths... Might have to get thems...
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978751)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 21st, 2009 @ 12:48pm CDT
For some reason i think Cliffjumper looks better

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS BRUTICUS ONSLAUGHT, VORTEX, BRAWL, SWINDLE, BLAST OFF - Time Remaining: 10 days 10 hours 27 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers G1 Classic Optimus Prime Autobot 30cm Hot Action Figure Toys - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 57 minutes 21 seconds
Transformers G1 1984 Canadian VENOM 100% complete Bandai Art Mic - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 27 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers Megatron Titanium Die-cast Series 2006 Hasbro Robot to Vehicle - Time Remaining: 8 days 4 hours 17 minutes 34 seconds
VINTAGE 1986 G1 TRANSFORMERS TRYPTICON 100% COMPLETE MIB GORGEOUS BOX & FOAM - Time Remaining: 9 days 3 hours 17 minutes 34 seconds
TRANSFORMERS  COMBINER WARS SKYWARP   100% COMPLETE WITH INSTRUCTIONS MINT - Time Remaining: 3 days 9 hours 17 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Decepticon FRACTURE Warrior Class Robots in Disguise RID FIGURE - Time Remaining: 3 days 8 hours 3 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers RESCUE BOTS HOIST The TOW-BOT PLAYSKOOL HEROES Hasbro Truck NEW! - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 51 minutes 17 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory