Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper

Transformers News: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper

Friday, August 21st, 2009 6:36AM CDT

Categories: Collectables, Toy News
Posted by: DevastaTTor   Views: 16,469

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Seibertron.com member Pretender Skywarp has let us know that the toy collectors site SGCollect.com has new color images posted of the upcoming Takara Alternity figures Bumblebee and Cliffjumper. While some fans will be relieved to see that they do look better in color, the best news is that each repaint will have a unique, G1-inspired head. Both figures are expected some time in the November-December time frame.

Alternity Bumblebee Alt Mode

Alternity Bumblebee Bot Mode

Alternity Cliffjumper Alt Mode

Alternity Cliffjumper Bot Mode

Images mirrored from original post.

To view the original post, click HERE
Credit(s): Pretender Skywarp, SGcollect.com, Famitoy
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978582)
Posted by skywarp-2 on August 21st, 2009 @ 6:44am CDT
Hmmm, I have not picked up any alternators (except the two in my collection..) and I have not been really interested in these types of figures..

I am diligently trying to capture most of the Classics I can, and then move on to the ROTF Movie line..

so what sucks is that between the masterpieces they release, the Alternity figures they release, the classics/Universe, ROTF, Reissues, and 3RD Party stuff... it's amazing anyone can even keep up!! sheesh!!

these guys may be about as close to a Masterpiece of Both cliffjumper and Bumblebee that we'll ever see.. so I'm hard pressed to want to pick them up.. but I know if I do, one of my other collections will suffer.. and I'm just not clear I want to go down that road..


Mirrored:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978585)
Posted by Heckfire on August 21st, 2009 @ 7:02am CDT
Whoa, they actually gave Cliffjumper his OWN headsculpt? Might be worth picking up for that alone...
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978589)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on August 21st, 2009 @ 7:18am CDT
Yay! Cliffjumper seems to have a unique head!
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978592)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 21st, 2009 @ 7:36am CDT
Better...but I still feel like we're getting MySpace angled shots of these.
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978595)
Posted by Pretender Skywarp on August 21st, 2009 @ 7:46am CDT
How long before someone kitbashes one into "Bumper"? :lol:
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978596)
Posted by Burn on August 21st, 2009 @ 7:48am CDT
Counterpunch wrote:Better...but I still feel like we're getting MySpace angled shots of these.


Damn emo's getting all up in my hobby!
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978598)
Posted by Narc on August 21st, 2009 @ 7:49am CDT
These look way better than the earlier pics. Good to see that CJ now has his own headsculpt! That's a big plus. :D
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978605)
Posted by cannonfodder4000 on August 21st, 2009 @ 8:11am CDT
looks a lot better than the prototype
but i want cliffjump more :D
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978622)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 21st, 2009 @ 8:58am CDT
Burn wrote:
Counterpunch wrote:Better...but I still feel like we're getting MySpace angled shots of these.


Damn emo's getting all up in my hobby!


Really? Just now noticing?

::goes back to making a wicked Linkin Park montage video::
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978630)
Posted by Seibertron on August 21st, 2009 @ 9:20am CDT
FINALLY! Cliffjumper finally gets some love. Some real love. Not just a Bumblebee repaint. :)

Man, they couldn't even get Cliffjumper right in G2. "Cliffjumper" was just a red Hubcap mold in G2.

Kudos to Takara Tomy for finally giving us a new Cliffjumper worthy of the name after 25 years.
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978632)
Posted by Convotron on August 21st, 2009 @ 9:21am CDT
Looking good, yes, very good! Thanks for bringing these pictures to our attention, Pretender Skywarp!

Now that we have photos showing less proportion problems, I have no issues at all with Alternity BB/CJ. The fact that two head sculpts were made and they don't seem to have a plate on the back of the head has sold me for sure!

I don't mind the shoulder/wheel wells. Also, if there's room for adjustment, maybe they could be angled back to reduce the appearance of the broadness of the shoulders.

Honestly, I love the choice for the alt mode because I prefer BB's as a compact car. It's about time we get a proper Cliffjumper that isn't simply a repaint of BB. The last Cliffjumper I bought was the TFA Activators CJ, which is cool, but I was hoping for a Deluxe class version. Respect the chin!

skywarp-2 wrote:these guys may be about as close to a Masterpiece of Both cliffjumper and Bumblebee that we'll ever see.. so I'm hard pressed to want to pick them up.. but I know if I do, one of my other collections will suffer.. and I'm just not clear I want to go down that road..


Yeah, I think that the Alternity BB/CJ will be the most "Masterpiece" version of the characters we'll see for some time. But...if I'm wrong, I'm happy to be wrong!

Since these are in scale with Alternity Convoy and Megatron, I think it may fit in with my Leader class Optimus Prime from RotF. I hope so because I can display them like in this picture by EJ Su:

Image

Alternity BB has a good mix of classic G1 design and the more mechanical live action movie design to not look too out of place with RotF Leader OP.
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978638)
Posted by Jesterhead on August 21st, 2009 @ 9:42am CDT
Awesome, no need to cancel my pre-order for these guys! :lol: :lol:
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978641)
Posted by Kibble on August 21st, 2009 @ 9:45am CDT
See, much better! Glad I didn't jump the gun and cancel my pre-order...cuz it woulda been so hard to just place it again...
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978643)
Posted by munkimus prime on August 21st, 2009 @ 9:49am CDT
These look really good I think I'll get both.
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978646)
Posted by HighPrime on August 21st, 2009 @ 9:53am CDT
Pass... Really don't like the chest/midsection. Looks like an apple with arms, legs, and a head.

So far, I've been able to pass over the entire Alternity line with wanton disregard and no regrets. More for everyone else, I suppose.
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978711)
Posted by Powersa on August 21st, 2009 @ 11:32am CDT
Camera adds weight, not for these photos though
lol
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978735)
Posted by SentinelA on August 21st, 2009 @ 12:31pm CDT
Cliffjumper is becoming more and more tempting. I wanted a decent one for my Classics collection (not a repainted Bumblebee). My only hangup is the price tag of Alternitys. $50 is just too high!
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978747)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 21st, 2009 @ 12:46pm CDT
skywarp-2 wrote:Hmmm, I have not picked up any alternators (except the two in my collection..) and I have not been really interested in these types of figures..

I am diligently trying to capture most of the Classics I can, and then move on to the ROTF Movie line..

so what sucks is that between the masterpieces they release, the Alternity figures they release, the classics/Universe, ROTF, Reissues, and 3RD Party stuff... it's amazing anyone can even keep up!! sheesh!!


It is a wonder indeed... I've been lucky enough to have been at it long enough that I now have all the Classics/Henkei figures (the ones I want, which is by no means the complete line), all but 1 of the Alternators (same deal), all of the Animated figures released thus far (only the ones I want, see the pattern? :mrgreen:), and I'm mostly caught up with the Movie/ROTF lines. And I have City Commander, but I haven't jumped on the boat for non-fansproject items, aside from the Starscream Coronation set.

Sadly the Masterpieces have had to suffer as I still have yet to pick up the other two seekers or Grimlock. I just can't justify spending $120+ on one TF, usually. Lucky for me, my girlfriend wants to buy Grimlock for my birthday.

Whew. Which brings us to Alternity. I originally wasn't going to start collecting these, as Convoy & Megatron aren't exactly what I feel they should be (trukk not sports kar..?), but as per my plan I collect Black Convoys which share molds of Primes I don't want. So that was a one-off purchase I was only slightly hesitant to make.

But Bumblebee. This looks 100% better than the prototype pics. I don't know if the prototype was mis-transformed, or if it's the addition of color that makes all the difference, but I like it. So my preorder can stay. It is cool to see Cliffjumper getting a proper remold, and he actually looks better than Bumblebee. Love the red + gunmetal combo. However, I don't collect Cliffjumpers so I'll stick to BB. He'll look alright as and Alt BB stand-in, perhaps. Maybe I can find a cheaper preorder though...
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978750)
Posted by Nekoman on August 21st, 2009 @ 12:47pm CDT
Me likes these boths... Might have to get thems... Image
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978751)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 21st, 2009 @ 12:48pm CDT
For some reason i think Cliffjumper looks better
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978756)
Posted by rpetras on August 21st, 2009 @ 12:55pm CDT
I think a lot of credit needs to go to whomever took the pics.

My guess is these are very nice pictures of mediocre bots.

By placing the bots at an angle, they look a lot slimmer than they would on a shelf.
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978771)
Posted by Counterpunch on August 21st, 2009 @ 1:20pm CDT
rpetras wrote:I think a lot of credit needs to go to whomever took the pics.

My guess is these are very nice pictures of mediocre bots.

By placing the bots at an angle, they look a lot slimmer than they would on a shelf.


MySpace pictures! Glad we agree.
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978774)
Posted by AbraxasGrey on August 21st, 2009 @ 1:23pm CDT
I WANT CLIFFJUMPER!!! He looks friggin awesome! =P~ :PRAY:
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978790)
Posted by Mykltron on August 21st, 2009 @ 1:50pm CDT
CJ is an amazing colour! Not sure if I'll get these though. Need more info on articulation first. Maybe I'll just stick with Prime and Megatron.
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978845)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on August 21st, 2009 @ 2:39pm CDT
What's going on?
They look better now.

I still don't want them though.
If I get any Alternity figure, it'll be Megatron.
Sadly, it's both sold out and expensive, right?
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978873)
Posted by -L- on August 21st, 2009 @ 3:42pm CDT
CJ looks better than BB but i think he still needs his Bazooka that would be sweet to see on an alternity
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978874)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 21st, 2009 @ 3:43pm CDT
Even though it has a Cliffjumper head, the red one is called "Bumble - Pearl Red".

It'll be up to the fiction to decide whether or not he is Cliffjumper, or if he's another Auto-Avatar for Bumblebee.
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978889)
Posted by Kibble on August 21st, 2009 @ 4:27pm CDT
Jacob P. Galvatron wrote:What's going on?
They look better now.

I still don't want them though.
If I get any Alternity figure, it'll be Megatron.
Sadly, it's both sold out and expensive, right?


Expensive, yes...sold out, no.
toyarena.com
robotkingdom.com
yahobby.com
eBay.com

I see one on ebay right now for less than I paid shipped. Comes out to $54.49...

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574891718&toolid=10001&campid=5336631220&customid=transformers&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2FTRANSFORMERS-ALTERN%20...%20286.c0.m14%3C%2Fa%3E
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978890)
Posted by zodconvoy on August 21st, 2009 @ 4:29pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Even though it has a Cliffjumper head, the red one is called "Bumble - Pearl Red".

It'll be up to the fiction to decide whether or not he is Cliffjumper, or if he's another Auto-Avatar for Bumblebee.


>PFFFT< Honk that noise! Once it's yours, it's whoever you want it to be! A Red Bumblebee with a Cliffjumper head is Cliffjumper!

I just had to explain to my nephew last time we played together at his house, "it's up to you how you play with your toys." We were playing with his um... I have no idea what they were but his guy could fly and when I made the guy I had fly he had a mild freak out because he only flis in a upgraded form or some such nonsense. I had to try to explain that it could do whatever I darn well felt like and once he got it through his head that imagination doesn't have a cartoon and isn't sold in a store, all his rules went out the window. We went from "you can't fly!" to "mine's a Jedi now!"

Fun! You can still have it!
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978900)
Posted by Convotron on August 21st, 2009 @ 4:42pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Even though it has a Cliffjumper head, the red one is called "Bumble - Pearl Red".

It'll be up to the fiction to decide whether or not he is Cliffjumper, or if he's another Auto-Avatar for Bumblebee.


Unless there's a mistake with the naming of the two figures, I can't see why Cliffjumper would be an auto-avatar for Bumblebee unless the fiction changes things around and states that BB/Bumble and CJ/Cliff are versions of the same character, which would be odd.

Optimus Prime was reformated into an auto-avatar as the result of joining his fellow alternate Primes/Convoys in the Convoy Corps of the Alternity. Megatron made his auto-avatars after merging with Hytherion and becoming an Alternity so his auto-avatars are, like the Convoy Corps, various iterations of "Megatron", the "Megatron Aggregate" according to the included fiction.

Maybe BB and CJ are part of a sort of "Minibot Corps".
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978909)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 21st, 2009 @ 4:55pm CDT
Convotron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Even though it has a Cliffjumper head, the red one is called "Bumble - Pearl Red".

It'll be up to the fiction to decide whether or not he is Cliffjumper, or if he's another Auto-Avatar for Bumblebee.


Unless there's a mistake with the naming of the two figures, I can't see why Cliffjumper would be an auto-avatar for Bumblebee unless the fiction changes things around and states that BB/Bumble and CJ/Cliff are versions of the same character, which would be odd.

Optimus Prime was reformated into an auto-avatar as the result of joining his fellow alternate Primes/Convoys in the Convoy Corps of the Alternity. Megatron made his auto-avatars after merging with Hytherion and becoming an Alternity so his auto-avatars are, like the Convoy Corps, various iterations of "Megatron", the "Megatron Aggregate" according to the included fiction.

Maybe BB and CJ are part of a sort of "Minibot Corps".


Since you've read the fiction, you may be aware that the black Convoy may be a separate character altogether: U-Nemesis Prime (the mammoth), restored. But officially, he's still called Convoy. The same can be applied to the red Bumblebee: officially "Bumble", but "Cliff" in fiction.
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978937)
Posted by Convotron on August 21st, 2009 @ 6:00pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Since you've read the fiction, you may be aware that the black Convoy may be a separate character altogether: U-Nemesis Prime (the mammoth), restored. But officially, he's still called Convoy. The same can be applied to the red Bumblebee: officially "Bumble", but "Cliff" in fiction.


My understanding is that the Super Black Alternity Convoy is a reformed Nemesis Prime(the "dark clone" of OP/Herald of Unicron/redeco of Big Convoy) from the future. I can understand why he could be in the Convoy Corps because he is a clone of an alternate OP, thus being an alternate version of OP/Convoy in a way.

The thing about BB and CJ is that they're not supposed to be related in any way aside from being from the Autobots/Cybertrons(unless I'm mistaken about that, I'm not too familiar with the Japanese Transformers fiction). So I can understand grouping them together in a division like a Minibots Corps due to being minibots but not a "Bumblebee Corps" or "Cliffjumper Corps" since they're not iterations of each other as far as I understand.

For anyone familiar with the fiction, I'd like to ask what you think Alternity Bumble/Bumblebee will have for whacked out tech specifications. For those unfamiliar with the fiction, check these far out specs:

Alternity Convoy:

Ten-Dimensional Processor Block [head]: The brain-part that controls multi-dimensional thinking and consciousness.

Timaeus Powertrack Generator [chest]: Generates the racetrack for the super-dimensional-locomotion Timaeus Drive.

Universal Emulation Engine [waist]: Universal mechanism that replicates all mechanical devices.

Phasic Isolation Shield Emitter [knee]: Shield emitter that erases one’s presence and offers total protection.

Timestorm Detector Array [door-wing]: Able to remotely detect the generation of changes in time-space and immediately calculate their coordinates.

Alternium Hyper-Frame [clavicle]: Higher-dimensional-material receiver that physically links the Auto-Avatar and the true Alternity.

Anti-Hytherion Spacetime-Piercing Tachyon Blasters [forearm]: Super-long-range armaments that can strike targets existing in the past, the future, or in other dimensions.

Planet Force Storage Reactors [lower leg]: Where the vibrational energy of the planets is gathered as backup energy storage.


Alternity megatron:

Higher Dimension Sensory Array [head]: A type of sensor that boosts perceptual strength in higher dimensions.

Negavation Cloak Emitter [shoulder]: A stealth feature that disrupts detection of alternities.

Alternium Hyper-Frame [clavicle]: Physically links the Auto-avatar and Alternity frame. A terminal for higher-dimensional matter.

Timaeus Powertrack Generator [chest]: Generates a run loop for the "Timaeus Drive" super-temporal driver.

Inertia Manipulation Device [waist]: A control device which can alter the momentum of enemy physical attacks or the user's body.

Gravital Blades [forearm]: Swords that slash apart space and slice up the flow of time. They can be used to open up a dimensional hole and create a beam attack that bathes the target in the exotic particles that flow out.

Tesseractal Swords: A sword made from the fang of the Hytherion, a super-dimensional creature. It can slash even faraway enemies, ignoring intervening spacial distance.

Holo-Kinetic Arm Projector [lower leg]: Generates an invisible force field arm that can support devices' installation, removal and self-repair.


Universal Emulation Engine? Tesseractal Swords? Anti-Hytherion Spacetime-Piercing Tachyon Blasters? Isn't that crazy? In a good "over the top super space anime mecha technology" way, of course. If Bumblebee gets some super hyper time/space/reality upgrades, he could become the MGS4 Raiden of Transformers with respect to suddenly perceived bad@$$ery.
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978956)
Posted by zodconvoy on August 21st, 2009 @ 6:46pm CDT
Convotron wrote:Universal Emulation Engine? Tesseractal Swords? Anti-Hytherion Spacetime-Piercing Tachyon Blasters? Isn't that crazy? In a good "over the top super space anime mecha technology" way, of course. If Bumblebee gets some super hyper time/space/reality upgrades, he could become the MGS4 Raiden of Transformers with respect to suddenly perceived bad@$$ery.


Buncha jibberish is what it is! Anime gobbledeegook! Bah! I'll have none of it!

Wow, you brought out my inner crazy prospector and I didn't even know I had one! Bumblebee already had his badassery upgrade in the 07 movie. Before that he was just the little brother to the bigger bots and Cliffjumper was (and still is) a well armed Scrappy Doo.

Seriously, I'm getting them to go with the MP/Alternator lines and, heh, I collect Bumblebees. Bee still doesn't had a dedicated shelf display but Alternity (and bigger shelves) will change that!
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978959)
Posted by Convotron on August 21st, 2009 @ 6:57pm CDT
zodconvoy wrote:Buncha jibberish is what it is! Anime gobbledeegook! Bah! I'll have none of it!

Wow, you brought out my inner crazy prospector and I didn't even know I had one! Bumblebee already had his badassery upgrade in the 07 movie. Before that he was just the little brother to the bigger bots and Cliffjumper was (and still is) a well armed Scrappy Doo.

Seriously, I'm getting them to go with the MP/Alternator lines and, heh, I collect Bumblebees. Bee still doesn't had a dedicated shelf display but Alternity (and bigger shelves) will change that!


Hehe, fear the crazy prospector within!

Movie BB is definitely a step up, especially with his work near the end of RotF. I was hoping for a movie CJ to be introduced. Imagine the weapons he'd bring to a fight with Bay in charge!
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978960)
Posted by DevastaTTor on August 21st, 2009 @ 6:59pm CDT
After looking at these further, I agree with CP-these "glamour shots" of the two still can't hide that they're wearing diapers and their feet suck. As much as I like CJ's head mold, the cons of this mold far out weigh the pros. Oh well.
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (978984)
Posted by SKYWARPED_128 on August 21st, 2009 @ 8:21pm CDT
Whaddaya know? A shinier paintjob, different camera angle, and ol' B looks so much better, and slimmer too. I guess what works for women also applies to Autobots.

Unfortunately, he still sports that "naked-guy-holding-a-barrel" look.

Both B and Cliffjumper look nice, but it still doesn't justify the $50 price point. I'd grab 'em if they were voyager-class figs in a Henkei toyline or something.
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (979015)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 21st, 2009 @ 9:25pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Convotron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Even though it has a Cliffjumper head, the red one is called "Bumble - Pearl Red".

It'll be up to the fiction to decide whether or not he is Cliffjumper, or if he's another Auto-Avatar for Bumblebee.


Unless there's a mistake with the naming of the two figures, I can't see why Cliffjumper would be an auto-avatar for Bumblebee unless the fiction changes things around and states that BB/Bumble and CJ/Cliff are versions of the same character, which would be odd.

Optimus Prime was reformated into an auto-avatar as the result of joining his fellow alternate Primes/Convoys in the Convoy Corps of the Alternity. Megatron made his auto-avatars after merging with Hytherion and becoming an Alternity so his auto-avatars are, like the Convoy Corps, various iterations of "Megatron", the "Megatron Aggregate" according to the included fiction.

Maybe BB and CJ are part of a sort of "Minibot Corps".


Since you've read the fiction, you may be aware that the black Convoy may be a separate character altogether: U-Nemesis Prime (the mammoth), restored. But officially, he's still called Convoy. The same can be applied to the red Bumblebee: officially "Bumble", but "Cliff" in fiction.
Yes, I am well aware of that. Which is why I am eagerly awaiting the fiction to tell us whether Bumble - Pearl Red is Cliffjumper (like how Convoy - Super Black is Nemesis Prime) or Bumblebee with his pal's head and colors.
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (979057)
Posted by Convotron on August 21st, 2009 @ 10:16pm CDT
It probably won't happen but regardless of the fiction behind Alternity Bumblebee, I hope the red/Cliffjumper head sculpt version gets a modular bazooka instead of twin pistols.
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (979121)
Posted by Jacob P. Galvatron on August 21st, 2009 @ 11:19pm CDT
Kibble wrote:
Jacob P. Galvatron wrote:What's going on?
They look better now.

I still don't want them though.
If I get any Alternity figure, it'll be Megatron.
Sadly, it's both sold out and expensive, right?


Expensive, yes...sold out, no.
toyarena.com
robotkingdom.com
yahobby.com
eBay.com

I see one on ebay right now for less than I paid shipped. Comes out to $54.49...

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574891718&toolid=10001&campid=5336631220&customid=transformers&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2FTRANSFORMERS-ALTERN%20...%20286.c0.m14%3C%2Fa%3E

Hmmm.
Maybe it's not really super expensive.
I don't have any money now, so it honestly doesn't matter. :P

I dunno. Maybe I can try to get one for Christmas.
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (979216)
Posted by Down_Shift on August 22nd, 2009 @ 5:56am CDT
Even though these have been taken in a Glamor Shots photo booth, they still look pretty good.

What I really can't wait for is the Perfect Black Cliffjumper and Pearl White Bumblebee. Runamuck and Runabout for sho'
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (979266)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 22nd, 2009 @ 9:29am CDT
Down_Shift wrote:What I really can't wait for is the Perfect Black Cliffjumper and Pearl White Bumblebee. Runamuck and Runabout for sho'
More like Bug Bite.
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (980038)
Posted by Down_Shift on August 23rd, 2009 @ 10:41am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:What I really can't wait for is the Perfect Black Cliffjumper and Pearl White Bumblebee. Runamuck and Runabout for sho'
More like Bug Bite.


I was thinkin' bug bite, but a lot of members won't know who that is. :P
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (980164)
Posted by Nemesis Rodimus on August 23rd, 2009 @ 1:11pm CDT
Down_Shift wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Down_Shift wrote:What I really can't wait for is the Perfect Black Cliffjumper and Pearl White Bumblebee. Runamuck and Runabout for sho'
More like Bug Bite.


I was thinkin' bug bite, but a lot of members won't know who that is. :P



I know who Bug Bite is. He's a white Gobot clone of Bumblebee. When the Gobot dimension was destroyed, Bug Bite was among the few that survived. He was available at BotCon 2007. :-B
Seriously, though, anyone who went to BotCon '07 should know. (I didn't go, but I read up on TFWiki.net. That website knows everything about everything.)
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (983918)
Posted by Blurrz on August 27th, 2009 @ 6:35pm CDT
Bleh. I'll take the Classics mold over this. Alternity just doesn't appeal to me and I can't stand how the paint looks on these figures.
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (983927)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on August 27th, 2009 @ 6:44pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:Bleh. I'll take the Classics mold over this. Alternity just doesn't appeal to me and I can't stand how the paint looks on these figures.


What's wrong with the paint?
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (983933)
Posted by Blurrz on August 27th, 2009 @ 6:51pm CDT
Maybe I'm going crazy, but I find the red to be a bit too bright and the yellow to be a tad too dull. >_<
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (983989)
Posted by NuclearConvoy on August 27th, 2009 @ 8:14pm CDT
Blurrz wrote:Maybe I'm going crazy, but I find the red to be a bit too bright and the yellow to be a tad too dull. >_<


I think you ARE crazy, lol.
But, I think we could still do with official "final product" shots before I confirm that thought.
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (984045)
Posted by Down_Shift on August 27th, 2009 @ 8:52pm CDT
The more I see these two the more I want them and a black and white repaint of CJ and BB respectively.
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (984105)
Posted by Convotron on August 27th, 2009 @ 9:31pm CDT
As much as I'm coming to like the Alternity BB figure and CJ too, I'm just itching to see what the fiction for Alternity BB is. Alternity Convoy and Megatron have established that the story for this line is all about taking anime super science and injecting it with a boatload mixture of DMT and steroids. I keep wondering what kind of upgrades BB will be getting. I imagine something crazy like a:

"Multi-Phasic Core Probability Processor[Chest]: Tunes into and channels the psychic energy of the can-do attitude and youthful zeal of the multitudes of parallel Bumblebees in all conceivable existence as well as their young human sidekicks to create a field of reality manipulation. Whenever the rambunctious auto-avatar of Bumblebee(Champion Yellow) gets in over his head, "luck" in the way of the MPCPP saves his horn-headed chasis from utter annihilation.

Also, I wonder what's next for the Alternity line up after BB. We have 2 Autobots and 1 Decepticon. The next Alternity figure after BB should be a Decepticon but who? The line is focusing on be automobiles for the alt modes as it's the next successor to Binaltech so I don't know if someone like Starscream would be an ideal choice. Maybe Soundwave since he wasn't in the Alternators/Binaltech toyline?
Re: New Color Images of Alternity Bumblebee & Cliffjumper (984134)
Posted by Down_Shift on August 27th, 2009 @ 9:54pm CDT
Convotron wrote:
Also, I wonder what's next for the Alternity line up after BB. We have 2 Autobots and 1 Decepticon. The next Alternity figure after BB should be a Decepticon but who?


Correction. There are 4 Cybertrons. Convoy, Black Convoy(separate character from Convoy), Bumblebee, & Cliffjumper.

I was thinking the same thing about the next Destron in the line. I also think the next character will be unconventional character like Soundwave or Starscream. Soundwave could have an easy black repaint, and Starscream could easily be repainted to death.

Click here to view an additional 1 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction
Twincast / Podcast #96:
"Age of Extinction"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Monday, July 7th, 2014