New Combined Mode Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime

Thursday, January 23rd, 2014 5:50AM CST

Category: Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 13,400

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

TF Yuki tweeted some new images of Takara Tomy's soon to be released Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime combined with G01 Kenzan and G05 Gekisomaru. In addition to these combined modes, the figure can also transform into a bullet train, dragon and robot. Check out Daikenzan and Daigekisou mirrored below:

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer

Transformers News: Re: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus EX Prime Triple Changer
Credit(s): TF YUKI
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: New Combined Mode Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544279)
Posted by griftimus prime on January 23rd, 2014 @ 5:56am CST
oh my lord... i do not think you could burn this thing in a fire long enough. what a piece of garbage. all of these figures could have been awesome if they did not have to combine with eachother.
Re: New Combined Mode Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544283)
Posted by Deadput on January 23rd, 2014 @ 6:18am CST
^ They don't *have* to its an option.
Re: New Combined Mode Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544287)
Posted by Autobot032 on January 23rd, 2014 @ 7:06am CST
Good freakin' what? That's horrible. I'm sorry. Bleh.
Re: New Combined Mode Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544291)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 23rd, 2014 @ 7:21am CST
DAIKENZAN ARMY!!!! :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK: :KREMZEEK:
Re: New Combined Mode Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544297)
Posted by Shadowstream on January 23rd, 2014 @ 7:52am CST
For a moment I thought from the preview pic that this was a Baan Gaan toy.
Re: New Combined Mode Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544305)
Posted by GuyIncognito on January 23rd, 2014 @ 8:23am CST
These things have cool features, particularly in the upper body area. But then you look down and see those puny little thighs and the whole image is ruined.
Re: New Combined Mode Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544311)
Posted by euphoricallydead on January 23rd, 2014 @ 8:46am CST
My eyes. I love combiners but this is like they took all the things fans love and smashed them together into a muddy mess. Energon Superlink modes looked way better. This is more like the Power Rangers and a Mutant had babies.

Oh course, this means low sales and some day these will be worth a bloody fortune.
Re: New Combined Mode Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544320)
Posted by AutoBorst on January 23rd, 2014 @ 9:26am CST
Jesus H. Primus, that is one fugly-ass action figure. And here I thought the movie-based toys were hideous.
Re: New Combined Mode Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544322)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 23rd, 2014 @ 9:33am CST
Shadowstream wrote:For a moment I thought from the preview pic that this was a Baan Gaan toy.


I'm reminded more of Great Exkaiser, especially with DaiGekisou's new mane and the fact it's lion/dragon combo ;)

And they look... busy. I wonder how the combos would look with the black figures (and how many would go gaga over that :lol: )
Re: New Combined Mode Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544332)
Posted by Shadowstream on January 23rd, 2014 @ 10:19am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Shadowstream wrote:For a moment I thought from the preview pic that this was a Baan Gaan toy.


I'm reminded more of Great Exkaiser, especially with DaiGekisou's new mane and the fact it's lion/dragon combo ;)

And they look... busy. I wonder how the combos would look with the black figures (and how many would go gaga over that :lol: )

All the Brave guys blend together after a point, I just saw the blue head on it's chest and that was the one that came to mind, I didn't even know it was supposed to be a lion head. Looking a bit closer at the other mode I see a bit of Fire Dagwon in it, so maybe the Brave look is intentional.

Have I mentioned I'm super tired right now and may not be remembering things strait?
Re: New Combined Mode Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544352)
Posted by OptimusPrimeval on January 23rd, 2014 @ 11:29am CST
There's an Optimus in there? Why's he hiding?
Re: New Combined Mode Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544369)
Posted by EagleBot13 on January 23rd, 2014 @ 12:09pm CST
I actually don't think these are that bad. For what they do and budgets these days I think they are quite ingenious.
Re: New Combined Mode Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544370)
Posted by Mkall on January 23rd, 2014 @ 12:18pm CST
While I finally got some decent prices on all 6 of the Ninja and Samurai Autobots, this figure will not be on my shelf. Heck, I'm still not sure where I'm going to put the Ninja/Samurai teams yet.
Re: New Combined Mode Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544375)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 23rd, 2014 @ 12:48pm CST
OptimusPrimeval wrote:There's an Optimus in there? Why's he hiding?


He's in the middle, always. He has no top or bottom transformation due to the fact each member of the combined Samurai and Shinobi teams has two unique connectors (one each for the other team member), so members of a different team can't connect. Optimus ExPrime has a connector for Kenzan and Gekisoumaru, and since these two can't connect unless there's a properly designed middle involved....
Re: New Combined Mode Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544487)
Posted by Vicalliose on January 23rd, 2014 @ 5:02pm CST
This would look amazing if at least one of them could make a decent pair of legs.

Just feels like some wasted potential that they made them interchangeable instead of having them each make one decent part.
Re: New Combined Mode Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544631)
Posted by OptimusPrimeval on January 24th, 2014 @ 5:04am CST
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
OptimusPrimeval wrote:There's an Optimus in there? Why's he hiding?


He's in the middle, always. He has no top or bottom transformation due to the fact each member of the combined Samurai and Shinobi teams has two unique connectors (one each for the other team member), so members of a different team can't connect. Optimus ExPrime has a connector for Kenzan and Gekisoumaru, and since these two can't connect unless there's a properly designed middle involved....


Yeah, it's a shame there isn't an alternate Prime-looking face hidden in them then, because nothing about any of those combined modes suggests "Optimus". I'll get it probably, but I won't feel bad about not getting the combining parts.
Re: New Combined Mode Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544661)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 24th, 2014 @ 8:48am CST
OptimusPrimeval wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
OptimusPrimeval wrote:There's an Optimus in there? Why's he hiding?


He's in the middle, always. He has no top or bottom transformation due to the fact each member of the combined Samurai and Shinobi teams has two unique connectors (one each for the other team member), so members of a different team can't connect. Optimus ExPrime has a connector for Kenzan and Gekisoumaru, and since these two can't connect unless there's a properly designed middle involved....


Yeah, it's a shame there isn't an alternate Prime-looking face hidden in them then, because nothing about any of those combined modes suggests "Optimus".
Because Optimus isn't the main unit of those combinations. The other two are. They're even called "DaiKenzan" and "DaiGekisou", showing that these are essentially Super Modes for Kenzan and Gekisoumaru, respectively. While Optimus acts as the link between the two since they cannot combine together without him.
Re: New Combined Mode Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544666)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on January 24th, 2014 @ 9:01am CST
Sabrblade wrote:
OptimusPrimeval wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
OptimusPrimeval wrote:There's an Optimus in there? Why's he hiding?


He's in the middle, always. He has no top or bottom transformation due to the fact each member of the combined Samurai and Shinobi teams has two unique connectors (one each for the other team member), so members of a different team can't connect. Optimus ExPrime has a connector for Kenzan and Gekisoumaru, and since these two can't connect unless there's a properly designed middle involved....


Yeah, it's a shame there isn't an alternate Prime-looking face hidden in them then, because nothing about any of those combined modes suggests "Optimus".
Because Optimus isn't the main unit of those combinations. The other two are. They're even called "DaiKenzan" and "DaiGekisou", showing that these are essentially Super Modes for Kenzan and Gekisoumaru, respectively. While Optimus acts as the link between the two since they cannot combine together without him.


In other words, Optimus is the Magic Mushroom this time. :lol:
Re: New Combined Mode Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544845)
Posted by OptimusPrimeval on January 24th, 2014 @ 6:21pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:Because Optimus isn't the main unit of those combinations. The other two are. They're even called "DaiKenzan" and "DaiGekisou", showing that these are essentially Super Modes for Kenzan and Gekisoumaru, respectively. While Optimus acts as the link between the two since they cannot combine together without him.


Oh yeah, I didn't clock that! Isn't that unprecedented, to have an Optimus combine into a not-Optimus? What a waste of a good Prime! They should have had some other mook link them together. I say "good Prime" but that dragon mode looks like a fairground ride. Bad Prime!
Re: New Combined Mode Images: Takara Tomy Transformers Go! G26 Optimus Exprime (1544855)
Posted by Sabrblade on January 24th, 2014 @ 7:01pm CST
OptimusPrimeval wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Because Optimus isn't the main unit of those combinations. The other two are. They're even called "DaiKenzan" and "DaiGekisou", showing that these are essentially Super Modes for Kenzan and Gekisoumaru, respectively. While Optimus acts as the link between the two since they cannot combine together without him.


Oh yeah, I didn't clock that! Isn't that unprecedented, to have an Optimus combine into a not-Optimus? What a waste of a good Prime! They should have had some other mook link them together. I say "good Prime" but that dragon mode looks like a fairground ride. Bad Prime!
Are you saying that Optimus isn't humble enough to lend his power to his friends for their benefit? If others have combined with Optimus before to power him up, shouldn't it be only common courtesy for Optimus to take a turn at powering up someone else? He's a team player.

Ending Soon On eBay

G1 Transformers part piece weapon gun fist sword missile lot 80's Jetfire Prime - Time Remaining: 3 days 20 hours 26 minutes 52 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS/THRILLING 30th Anniversary "BLITZWING" (MISB) - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 43 minutes 29 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS/THRILLING 30th Anniversary "SANDSTORM" (MISB) - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 32 minutes 38 seconds
Transformers Prime Voyager Class Beast Hunters Optimus Prime Figure MIB RARE Toy - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 32 minutes 58 seconds
TRANSFORMERS 2008 UNIVERSE BEAST WARS CHEETOR 100% COMPLETE IN EUROPEAN CARD - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 34 minutes 21 seconds
G1 Transformers cassette tape Ratbat w/ GOLD WEAPONS 86 Hasbro Takara Japan RARE - Time Remaining: 3 days 21 hours 19 minutes 15 seconds
Vintage 80s convertor G1 Transformers Gobots Minibots NIB rare made in Venezuela - Time Remaining: 4 days 3 hours 21 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Beast Wars Deluxe Blackarachnia - Time Remaining: 2 days 23 hours 53 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory
Twincast / Podcast #156:
"Gestalt Theory"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Saturday, September 24th, 2016