Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: New Dark of the Moon Activators Galleries - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Starscream

Friday, May 13th, 2011 2:49PM CDT

Categories: Movie News, Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Razorclaw0000   Views: 52,076

Have a little one getting into Transformers or looking for some desk fodder for work? Hasbro has an answer for you in the form of Activators, which are easy-to-transform figures of some of your favorite characters. These figures are similar in concept to previous Activators but with less articulation, presumably so that they're easier for kids to transform. Other popular kid-friendly toys from recent years include Animated Bumper Battlers and Revenge of the Fallen Gravity Bots. The first three figures in this Dark of the Moon Activators sub-line include the iconic Optimus Prime, heroic Bumblebee, and deceptive Starscream.

Optimus Prime (Activators)
Dark of the Moon

Bumblebee (Activators)
Dark of the Moon

Starscream (Activators)
Dark of the Moon

Seibertron.com is your ultimate Transformers Dark of the Moon resource!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Dark of the Moon Activators Galleries - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Starscream (1221512)
Posted by cp.06 on May 13th, 2011 @ 4:47pm CDT
... Seriously? :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Dark of the Moon Activators Galleries - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Starscream (1221518)
Posted by harvester on May 13th, 2011 @ 4:59pm CDT
my daughter (6 months) loves the GravityBots, so Im looking forward to getting these =P

(supervision still def needed)
Re: New Dark of the Moon Activators Galleries - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Starscream (1221526)
Posted by Crystal Rodimus on May 13th, 2011 @ 5:12pm CDT
What a major step backward. Those are the worst activators I've ever seen. Some of the recent ones were pretty damned cool; these make my cat's litter box look more like a Transformer. 8-}
Re: New Dark of the Moon Activators Galleries - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Starscream (1221533)
Posted by Seibertron on May 13th, 2011 @ 5:57pm CDT
These are more closely related to their previous Activators counterparts than they are Gravity Bots and Bumper Battlers. The push button system requires some effort for at least 3 years old to handle, most likely 4 (as the packaging says).
Re: New Dark of the Moon Activators Galleries - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Starscream (1221535)
Posted by Seibertron on May 13th, 2011 @ 6:07pm CDT
Re: New Dark of the Moon Activators Galleries - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Starscream (1221596)
Posted by whacko on May 13th, 2011 @ 8:58pm CDT
These look like they should come packed with a burger & fries...
Re: New Dark of the Moon Activators Galleries - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Starscream (1221897)
Posted by Sunstar on May 14th, 2011 @ 10:48am CDT
I got the starscream one already from sears in burlington. It's adorable.
Re: New Dark of the Moon Activators Galleries - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Starscream (1222004)
Posted by mattyc1007 on May 14th, 2011 @ 2:37pm CDT
Oh Shut Up, Their pretty cool. I nabbed the 2007 Barricade Bumper, and for £1 I'm happy with it. I'm digging these easy formers, it balances out masterpiece megatron :D
Re: New Dark of the Moon Activators Galleries - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Starscream (1222017)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on May 14th, 2011 @ 3:05pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I have a whole new respect for these little figures. The Starscream figure I had didn't work, which means the figure's spring system wouldn't lock into place so he would always transform back to vehicle mode after releasing the blue button that you push to transform these toys. Soon after taking Starscream apart, I wished I had just driven up to the nearest Walmart which already has these on the shelves and exchanged it. It ended up taking me close to 1.5 hours to put the toy back together. I do not recommend taking these apart ... they're a bitch to put back together. I was able to figure out what piece had come loose inside the toy and figure out where it belonged, but it was just a pain-in-the-ass to get all of the parts, springs, levers, etc to line up correctly. I ended up using about 3 or 4 rubberbands to keep the figure's parts in place while I put him back together.

So despite their simple looks they're more complicated than a Deluxe? What are the odds... 8-}

To me, the toys for the little tikes indicate that Hasbro is expecting the line to be a big hit. It's been done before with previous movies and Animated, so this can only be good. More money for Hasbro, more toys for us ;)
Re: New Dark of the Moon Activators Galleries - Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and Starscream (1222204)
Posted by Pr1meSuspect on May 14th, 2011 @ 10:22pm CDT
WOW!

These look TERRIBLE compared to the other Activators we've been getting. What happened? Optimus Prime with a whole truck for arms? I dont care that much for Activators, but it looks like Hasbro took a couple hundred steps back.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #90 - Dark Scorponok