Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Dark of the Moon Galleries: Deluxe Darksteel and Air Raid

Transformers News: New Dark of the Moon Galleries: Deluxe Darksteel and Air Raid

Sunday, April 7th, 2013 1:42AM CDT

Category: Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 27,899

For the two newest entries into the Seibertron.com galleries, we take a step back to the toy line of the 3rd Transformers movie Dark of the Moon. Darksteel and Air Raid were casemates with Autobot Armor Topspin.

Darksteel is a homage to Beast Wars Quickstrike and is a remold of Revenge of the Fallen Sideswipe featuring a new headsculpt and also remolded Mech-Tech weapons from DOTM Starscream.

Air Raid was an all new mold whose alt mode was that of a green AWACS aircraft. He featured a Mech-Tech weapon that was a radar dish in alt mode but could be used as a shield in robot mode or transform into a blaster.

These galleries can be found by clicking below.

Dark of the Moon Darksteel

New Dark of the Moon Galleries: Deluxe Darksteel and Air Raid

New Dark of the Moon Galleries: Deluxe Darksteel and Air Raid

New Dark of the Moon Galleries: Deluxe Darksteel and Air Raid

New Dark of the Moon Galleries: Deluxe Darksteel and Air Raid

Dark of the Moon Air Raid

New Dark of the Moon Galleries: Deluxe Darksteel and Air Raid

New Dark of the Moon Galleries: Deluxe Darksteel and Air Raid

New Dark of the Moon Galleries: Deluxe Darksteel and Air Raid
Re: New Dark of the Moon Galleries: Deluxe Darksteel and Air Raid (1476934)
Posted by RhA on April 7th, 2013 @ 1:52am CDT
I never noticed how Airraid's alt. mode is completely AWESOME.
Re: New Dark of the Moon Galleries: Deluxe Darksteel and Air Raid (1476944)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on April 7th, 2013 @ 2:44am CDT
Air Raid is a horrible figure, only reason why i got him was cause he was rare & $5. Wish i could've found darksteel, looks like an awesome figure. He was the only one from this wave i never saw in stores. Air Raid & topspin i came across at tj maxx & target had them in the black friday 2 packs, darksteel was MIA.
Re: New Dark of the Moon Galleries: Deluxe Darksteel and Air Raid (1476958)
Posted by Eagleblaster on April 7th, 2013 @ 5:44am CDT
I got deluxe Darksteel mint in package. Nice transformer. All his many colors and he is a convertible with seats and silver rims make him stand out. They hardly make transformer toys like that any more.
Re: New Dark of the Moon Galleries: Deluxe Darksteel and Air Raid (1476966)
Posted by Mindmaster on April 7th, 2013 @ 7:12am CDT
Re: New Dark of the Moon Galleries: Deluxe Darksteel and Air Raid (1476967)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on April 7th, 2013 @ 7:17am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Still don't see the resemblance between Darksteel and Quickstrike. Other than the colors and maybe the noggin.

The Cobra/Viper motif seals the deal. Did you also notice that his weapons look like a snake's fangs?
Re: New Dark of the Moon Galleries: Deluxe Darksteel and Air Raid (1476988)
Posted by RAcast on April 7th, 2013 @ 9:00am CDT
Darksteel is SUCH a fantastic repaint/remold, and Air Raid is really a lot of fun. You can still find Air Raid around at dollar stores and Five Below, he's really worth the pickup if you just want something to fiddle with. He's literally covered in hinges and swivels, so you can fanmode it up for days, if you're so inclined to do so! :grin:
Re: New Dark of the Moon Galleries: Deluxe Darksteel and Air Raid (1477013)
Posted by Noideaforaname on April 7th, 2013 @ 11:36am CDT
It seems more like Quicktrike's cobra part got the homage, rather than his scorpion/robot half.

I like gladiator Air Raid, especially since he goes so well with Springer and (green) Powerglide.
But he's pretty awesome just by himself
Re: New Dark of the Moon Galleries: Deluxe Darksteel and Air Raid (1477020)
Posted by Seibertron on April 7th, 2013 @ 12:27pm CDT
Re: New Dark of the Moon Galleries: Deluxe Darksteel and Air Raid (1477106)
Posted by BeastProwl on April 7th, 2013 @ 4:47pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I really like Hasbro's Air Raid as well which is odd because I normally am not a fan of Transformers that don't have hands (Shockwave excluded). Something about Air Raid works really well for me. Something about him reminds me of Swoop ... the general slenderness of his body and the head crest help reinforce that. I'd love to see him repainted as Swoop sans dino mode. The remold could be done to make it look less like an earth mode vehicle.

Beast Hunters Swoop?
Re: New Dark of the Moon Galleries: Deluxe Darksteel and Air Raid (1477152)
Posted by triKlops on April 7th, 2013 @ 8:26pm CDT
Been a fan of these, for different reasons, since they came out.
Great to see these galleries!
Re: New Dark of the Moon Galleries: Deluxe Darksteel and Air Raid (1477184)
Posted by Seibertron on April 7th, 2013 @ 9:38pm CDT
BeastProwl wrote:

Beast Hunters Swoop?

I was thinking more along the lines of a BotCon Dinobots set than a mainline figure but I think you get my idea. :D
Re: New Dark of the Moon Galleries: Deluxe Darksteel and Air Raid (1477400)
Posted by vidmouse on April 8th, 2013 @ 11:45am CDT

That's a really cool idea. I may have to try that w/ mine.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction