Transformers News: New Dengeki Hobby Scans: Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, Upcoming Masterpieces, and More

Monday, August 27th, 2012 10:32PM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Toy News, Sponsor News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 25,878

Site sponsor Robotkingdom has posted scans from the latest issue of Dengeki Hobby. The scans give us our first good look at Takara Tomy's Gaia Unicron plus many other upcoming figures:

• AM-21 Arms Master Optimus Prime

Dengeki Hobby Scans:

Dengeki Hobby Scans:

Dengeki Hobby Scans:
Credit(s): Robotkingdom

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Dengeki Hobby Scans: Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, Upcoming Masterpieces, and More (1414077)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 27th, 2012 @ 10:46pm CDT
Unicron can combine with Megatron.

And there was a great sigh of relief breathed far and wide by many a skeptic across the diverse Internet fandom.
Re: New Dengeki Hobby Scans: Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, Upcoming Masterpieces, and More (1414081)
Posted by Heckfire on August 27th, 2012 @ 10:54pm CDT
And Gaia Unicron transforms into...um...a rock?

ROCK LORDS UNITE! The Chaos Bringer can be defeated with our Gnarly hordes! NOMNOMNOM...
Re: New Dengeki Hobby Scans: Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, Upcoming Masterpieces, and More (1414082)
Posted by Nemesis Destron on August 27th, 2012 @ 10:55pm CDT
I'm excited about OP but I wished Takara had slapped some paint on that damn red lever. I'm also sold on Ironhide, can't wait til he comes out but I'm not convinced on Unicron. I'm gonna have to wait for some "in hand" pics and eventually a video review. :VEHI:
Re: New Dengeki Hobby Scans: Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, Upcoming Masterpieces, and More (1414085)
Posted by MGrotusque on August 27th, 2012 @ 11:04pm CDT
I'm thinking i kinda like that Unicron. I like the colours on him. Haven't a clue as to what that alt mode is though. It makes no sense to me. I too will also have to wait and see some better pics to decide if i want him or not.
That Soundwave pic makes me want to cancel my pre order. Looks boring as hell. Needs stickers or more apps or something. Looks chinsey to me.
Re: New Dengeki Hobby Scans: Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, Upcoming Masterpieces, and More (1414093)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 27th, 2012 @ 11:28pm CDT
Unicron turns into a ROTF The Fallen-class of spaceship. :P
Re: New Dengeki Hobby Scans: Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, Upcoming Masterpieces, and More (1414098)
Posted by Sodan-1 on August 27th, 2012 @ 11:51pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Unicron can combine with Megatron.

Not this skeptic. Whether it's Optimus or Megatron, the combined mode looks like gash.

Sabrblade wrote:Unicron turns into a ROTF The Fallen-class of spaceship. :P

With antlers.

Not digging the addition of green, but I suppose it helps emphasize the Gaia part of Gaia Unicron. All that balls about needing the power of the Matrix to defeat Unicron; did no one consider just covering him with a piece of paper?

It's perhaps a waste of money but I'd quite happily leave Unicron in bot mode for forever.

I'm still liking Ironhide and still hoping Hasbro doesn't leave him in the hands of Takara.

As cool as Arms Master Optimus is I wouldn't replace my First Edition with him so see little point in getting this guy. The addition of the Matrix simply doesn't justify a purchase.
Re: New Dengeki Hobby Scans: Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, Upcoming Masterpieces, and More (1414100)
Posted by Mageddon on August 27th, 2012 @ 11:52pm CDT
Does anyone know if Unicron can combine with the US versions too or just the jap versions of megs and Op with the extra pegs
Re: New Dengeki Hobby Scans: Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, Upcoming Masterpieces, and More (1414118)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on August 28th, 2012 @ 1:45am CDT
Not really feeling that Unicron. Too many different oranges. Maybe better pics will sway me, but those 'con symbols sure aren't.
The only cool parts seem to be the wings, the huge horns, and the smaller horns. The rest is kind of a let down. Those arms look more like pine cones since they have to be blunt for the toys sake (I'm down with c-clips but do we really need them there??). Those legs look too long either, but that could be remedied by better posing.
Re: New Dengeki Hobby Scans: Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, Upcoming Masterpieces, and More (1414128)
Posted by KNM2012 on August 28th, 2012 @ 3:17am CDT
"Arms Microns" Ironhide, to me, looks like one of those old guys who used to be hefty when he was younger but lost the weight as he grew older. And now he is stuck skinny-flabby body that looks weird enough to be repulsed by it if he was wearing a Speedo, but try not to be because it is intriguing and makes you wonder if that is how you will look when you are his age. :P
Re: New Dengeki Hobby Scans: Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, Upcoming Masterpieces, and More (1414129)
Posted by noctorro on August 28th, 2012 @ 4:01am CDT
double u tee eff to Unicron. What the hell? Does he have normal arms, I mean hands?
I actually like his alt-mode. Looks like ROTF voyager megatron, but different :p

The combined mode doesn't look like a combined mode at all, just shoulderpads and a cape of divided limbs. That's going to look horrible.

Anyway, can't pass up a Unicron.

I dearly hopeso that Hasbro makes that Beast Wars Unicron, or that they make a non-electronic cheap version of the True G1 Unicron!!!!!

//offtopic, almost all of it :KREMZEEK:
Re: New Dengeki Hobby Scans: Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, Upcoming Masterpieces, and More (1414131)
Posted by STngAR on August 28th, 2012 @ 4:29am CDT
Unicron looks like a mess of sticks just thrown everywhere. Not sure that combined mode is that great either. :MAXIMAL:
Re: New Dengeki Hobby Scans: Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, Upcoming Masterpieces, and More (1414136)
Posted by Mykltron on August 28th, 2012 @ 5:31am CDT
Re: New Dengeki Hobby Scans: Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, Upcoming Masterpieces, and More (1414180)
Posted by kirbenvost on August 28th, 2012 @ 10:40am CDT
Unicron's pretty strange but I still like it. It looks like he only vaguely combines with Prime & Megatron, so maybe he'd combine with FE Prime too? I'll probably just combine him with Megatron anyway, if at all. Although, I really hope Hasbro releases him and Ironhide... ALL the so-far Takara-exclusives. $60 Voyagers are just too much for me.

Oh, and MP Soundwave needs to be in my life.
Re: New Dengeki Hobby Scans: Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, Upcoming Masterpieces, and More (1414184)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 28th, 2012 @ 10:47am CDT
Arms Master Optimus can't come soon enough! And is it me, or does Unicron's Micron Bogu look like a hedgehog?
Re: New Dengeki Hobby Scans: Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, Upcoming Masterpieces, and More (1414194)
Posted by rpetras on August 28th, 2012 @ 11:10am CDT
Gaia Unicron, from Rock Lord to fashionable feathery cape and back!

:???:
Re: New Dengeki Hobby Scans: Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, Upcoming Masterpieces, and More (1414209)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 28th, 2012 @ 12:04pm CDT
noctorro wrote:I dearly hopeso that Hasbro makes that Beast Wars Unicron,
Unfinished prototypes never get released.

noctorro wrote:or that they make a non-electronic cheap version of the True G1 Unicron!!!!!
You mean the 1986 prototype that was also never completed? Good luck.

noctorro wrote:But for now, I'll settle with WFC/FOC Arcee, why isn't she in FOC???? High Moon, DLC Arcee pleaszzze, she was great in Escalation.
No Fembots in FOC. The customization system doesn't allow those kind of parts to fit in.
Re: New Dengeki Hobby Scans: Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, Upcoming Masterpieces, and More (1414211)
Posted by XDMan on August 28th, 2012 @ 12:10pm CDT
Arms Master Prime does look nice, the MP's shown are great, Ironhide does look more better than Kup, and Unicron should have gotten a little bigger.
Re: New Dengeki Hobby Scans: Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, Upcoming Masterpieces, and More (1414218)
Posted by RhA on August 28th, 2012 @ 12:56pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Unicron turns into a ROTF The Fallen-class of spaceship. :P

I was thinking shrubbery.
Re: New Dengeki Hobby Scans: Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, Upcoming Masterpieces, and More (1414221)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 28th, 2012 @ 1:00pm CDT
RhA wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:Unicron turns into a ROTF The Fallen-class of spaceship. :P

I was thinking shrubbery.
Well, maybe Roger the Shrubber became a spacecraft engineer. ;)
Re: New Dengeki Hobby Scans: Transformers Prime Arms Micron Gaia Unicron, Upcoming Masterpieces, and More (1414231)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on August 28th, 2012 @ 1:31pm CDT
Mykltron wrote:Unicron has pine-cone arms but they're only half pine-cones on each arm. Utter rubbish.

Yea I notced that later and wasn't fully sure how complete the arms are on all sides. Thats so crap if its just the front side and the back side is flat and/or hollow. Oh well, money saved.

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON ROADBUSTER prototype 0465 - Time Remaining: 2 days 14 hours 17 minutes 3 seconds
New Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-19 Smokescreen Nissan Fairlady Japan - Time Remaining: 9 days 11 hours 34 minutes 11 seconds
TRANSFORMERS HASBRO TAKARA 2006 LEADER CLASS OPTIMUS PRIME PREMIUM MOVIE - Time Remaining: 9 days 9 hours 59 minutes 55 seconds
Beast Wars Transformers : 1996 Hasbro : LazorBeak : RARE MOC - Time Remaining: 9 days 49 minutes 9 seconds
TRANSFORMERS OPTIMUS PRIME COMMEMORATIVE SERIES II POWERMASTER  Factory Sealed - Time Remaining: 9 days 6 hours 10 minutes 27 seconds
Transformers Generations G1 Color FOC Bruticus Maximus Combaticon Combiner Loose - Time Remaining: 1 day 20 hours 59 minutes 22 seconds
Transformers(1984) #78 NM 9.2 High Grade Megatron Vs Galvatron - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 55 seconds
Transformers(1984) #1 NM 9.2 High Grade 1st Optimus Prime,1st Megatron - Time Remaining: 1 day 19 hours 56 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016