Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New details on the Transformers Masterpiece series guidebook

Transformers News: New details on the Transformers Masterpiece series guidebook

Tuesday, July 15th, 2014 9:06AM CDT

Categories: Book News, Toy News
Posted by: mooncake623   Views: 36,297

New details on the Transformers Masterpiece series guidebook have been posted on Amazon Japan Along with a picture of the cover, we also get a sneak peak at what we'll see inside. Along with staff interviews with Takara-Tomy we are also expecting to see a lot of unused design sketches and prototype pictures.

Transformers News: New details on the Transformers Masterpiece series guidebook

Transformers News: New details on the Transformers Masterpiece series guidebook

Transformers News: New details on the Transformers Masterpiece series guidebook

Transformers News: New details on the Transformers Masterpiece series guidebook

Transformers News: New details on the Transformers Masterpiece series guidebook

Transformers News: New details on the Transformers Masterpiece series guidebook

Transformers News: New details on the Transformers Masterpiece series guidebook
Credit(s): Amazon Japan
Re: New details on the Transformers Masterpiece series guidebook (1595641)
Posted by mooncake623 on August 1st, 2014 @ 12:19am CDT
With the Transformers Masterpiece Official Guide released in Japan and thanks to Weibo user 北马伊斯力 we get in-hand images of some of the pages! Enjoy!

Re: New details on the Transformers Masterpiece series guidebook (1595691)
Posted by MenaceRX on August 1st, 2014 @ 9:07am CDT
Looks like a great read with all the cad and sketch drawing of how they came up with the transformations.
Re: New details on the Transformers Masterpiece series guidebook (1595705)
Posted by MenaceRX on August 1st, 2014 @ 10:17am CDT
Is this available anywhere besides Amazon Japan?
Re: New details on the Transformers Masterpiece series guidebook (1595706)
Posted by Triptykon on August 1st, 2014 @ 10:32am CDT
This book is a must have for me, just as much as the masterpieces themselves. Side note: As an avid collector, Id really like to see some outlet other than TrU get exclusivity once in a while.

And man.....Magnus is huge! :)
Re: New details on the Transformers Masterpiece series guidebook (1595709)
Posted by triKlops on August 1st, 2014 @ 11:03am CDT
MenaceRX wrote:Is this available anywhere besides Amazon Japan?

Re: New details on the Transformers Masterpiece series guidebook (1595712)
Posted by durroth on August 1st, 2014 @ 11:09am CDT
Triptykon wrote: And man.....Magnus is huge! :)

yeah, :D he's practically super Magnus, ooh, better yet, *Ultra* Magnus. 8) 8) 8) :michaelbay:
Re: New details on the Transformers Masterpiece series guidebook (1595720)
Posted by Vegitron on August 1st, 2014 @ 11:42am CDT
I'm a collector of these Japanese Transformers guides/books/magazines. Even though I can't read Japanese, I can still appreciate the pictures and art work. Plus I like the feel of the books in my hands. Flipping through pages in a thick heavy book is much nicer than clicking a link. Plus if I really want to understand the text, I can use google translate on my phone. (although it's quite tedious)

I ordered my copy along with the Transformers Pia Book (2014 Tokyo Transformers Expo Official Book) from http://www.cdjapan.co.jp
Prices are along the lines with HLJ and Amazon JP which also carry many of these books.

Looking forward to their arrival in a few weeks. (picked slow SAL shipping)
Re: New details on the Transformers Masterpiece series guidebook (1595794)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 1st, 2014 @ 6:26pm CDT
durroth wrote:
Triptykon wrote: And man.....Magnus is huge! :)

In Japanese, "super" and "ultra" are the same thing: 超 (Chō). :-B
Re: New details on the Transformers Masterpiece series guidebook (1595848)
Posted by Convoy on August 2nd, 2014 @ 1:16am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:In Japanese, "super" and "ultra" are the same thing: 超 (Chō). :-B

But... that would make Super Megatron and Ultra Megatron... THE SAME MEGATRON!!?

:BOOM:
Re: New details on the Transformers Masterpiece series guidebook (1595892)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 2nd, 2014 @ 9:13am CDT
Convoy wrote:

:BOOM:
Thankfully, they used the English "Sūpā" and "Urutora" for those. :P
Re: New details on the Transformers Masterpiece series guidebook (1596230)
Posted by Cyberpath on August 3rd, 2014 @ 3:02pm CDT
TFW2005 posted two interviews from the book, translated to English by one of its members:

Hironori Kobayashi http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ce-180869/

Shogo Hasui: http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-new ... ce-180877/

Heh, back in March 2013 I named four characters that I thought should get a Masterpiece figure; two of which will be out later this year (Wheeljack and Bumblebee) and the other two were now mentioned by Hasui:

- What kind of future development are you hoping for?

H: The series has grown based on the concept established in MP-10, so I expect they will continue with the in-scale Robot modes and licensed real cars. On top of that, I hope the series moves onto the next, higher step.
I was introduced to the world of Transformers by combiner warriors, so personally I hope to see such characters in the MP series. Also I would like to see Megatron in scale with MP-10 soon or the characters who weren't given many opportunities to have their toys made such as Ironhide.
More than anything I hope it continues on as a series that realises the fans' wishes.

I hope he gets to do them.
Re: New details on the Transformers Masterpiece series guidebook (1596328)
Posted by RSDADDIMUS2 on August 3rd, 2014 @ 9:57pm CDT
When I win the lottery,I will be able to afford the Masterpiece line.At that time,I will purchase this guide.lol
Re: New details on the Transformers Masterpiece series guidebook (1596614)
Posted by Vegitron on August 4th, 2014 @ 8:21pm CDT
Those two translated interviews were pretty insightful. I've been pretty hesitant in spending so much for such small figures, but this helps persuade me to bite the bullet and catch up on my MP collection.
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism