New Fall of Cybertron galleries: SDCC Bruticus!

Transformers News: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: SDCC Bruticus!

Tuesday, July 31st, 2012 5:13PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News, Game News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 79,314

The Seibertron.com SDCC 2012 Exclusive "Game Accurate" Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Box Set galleries are now live! This set features premium book style packaging with a removable insert that showcases the Combaticons in their combined Bruticus form, plus some very nice artwork.

Just as you would expect everybody gets their own full high quality gallery: Onslaught, Vortex, Blast Off, Swindle, Brawl, and of course Bruticus.

This is just the first outing for this set of molds. They will be released individually at mass retail with alternate brighter decos. They will be getting the G2 treatment in a BigBadToyStore/Amazon shared exclusive box set. Lastly (that we know of) they will be repainted and retooled into the Wreckers with a Ruination combined form.

Enjoy the galleries below:

Fall of Cybertron Bruticus

Fall of Cybertron Onslaught

Fall of Cybertron Vortex

Fall of Cybertron Brawl

Fall of Cybertron Blast Off

Fall of Cybertron Swindle

Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: SDCC Bruticus! (1406252)
Posted by amd098 on July 31st, 2012 @ 5:56pm CDT
no comparison pictures to the fansproject crossfire kit?
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: SDCC Bruticus! (1406254)
Posted by Jedi Kermit on July 31st, 2012 @ 6:10pm CDT
amd098 wrote:no comparison pictures to the fansproject crossfire kit?

If I remember right Ryan isn't a big fan of the unlicensed figures. Not to say he doesn't have any but I gather he wants to "catalog" and promote all of the official releases in his photo galleries.
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: SDCC Bruticus! (1406256)
Posted by Seibertron on July 31st, 2012 @ 6:14pm CDT
Jedi Kermit wrote:
amd098 wrote:no comparison pictures to the fansproject crossfire kit?

Definitely not a fan of unlicensed figures, but the FansProject Bruticus set was just one thing I couldn't let go of yet. Wanted to use it for comparison pics in this gallery. Pics are there toward the end of the gallery on the last page. You can click on the image below for additional pictures.

Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: SDCC Bruticus! (1406263)
Posted by Stormrider on July 31st, 2012 @ 6:42pm CDT
I'm not a fan of FoC Bruticus toy. I am trying but it just isn't working.
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: SDCC Bruticus! (1406279)
Posted by amd098 on July 31st, 2012 @ 7:53pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Jedi Kermit wrote:
amd098 wrote:no comparison pictures to the fansproject crossfire kit?

nice much thanks!
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: SDCC Bruticus! (1406302)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on July 31st, 2012 @ 8:59pm CDT
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: SDCC Bruticus! (1406303)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on July 31st, 2012 @ 9:03pm CDT
i suddenly dont feel so bad about missing out on this guy. Blast-off and Vortex just seem to bug me looking at both the sdcc and retail release pics, the others look ok either way and im actually liking the retail Onslaughts color scheme as it looks pretty G1. when i get the retail versions i think im gonna give the flyers new paint jobs and hope for the best
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: SDCC Bruticus! (1406306)
Posted by moneycon on July 31st, 2012 @ 9:10pm CDT
when are these supposed to hit retail?
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: SDCC Bruticus! (1406309)
Posted by Seibertron on July 31st, 2012 @ 9:17pm CDT
moneycon wrote:when are these supposed to hit retail?

I think within the next month. Some time around 9/1 give or take a few weeks.
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: SDCC Bruticus! (1406311)
Posted by moneycon on July 31st, 2012 @ 9:24pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
moneycon wrote:when are these supposed to hit retail?

I think within the next month. Some time around 9/1 give or take a few weeks.

Wow, that's pretty soon. I gotta agree with Storm...it's just off a bit. but, I did see a review where the guy moved up something on brawl and it gave the legs a more even look. that way the right wasn't so high up and the left/brawl didn't show the joint so much. Big improvement. Now how to make the arms look better? Individually I think the bots are top notch....just haven't got the combo...well..perfect.
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: SDCC Bruticus! (1406312)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 31st, 2012 @ 9:25pm CDT
Can't wait for my G2 Bruticus.

Curious as to how this set would look with retail Swindle and Onslaught swapped in. That'd be the G1/game accurate Bruticus, not this nearly all-brown version.

I really wish they used the 'big eyes' head design for Swindle as opposed to the generic visor. Even just something like this:
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: SDCC Bruticus! (1406315)
Posted by wewyllenium on July 31st, 2012 @ 9:34pm CDT
Everytime I see this... I feel hatred for TT and Hasbro. :-(
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: SDCC Bruticus! (1406345)
Posted by harvester on July 31st, 2012 @ 11:09pm CDT
wewyllenium wrote:Everytime I see this... I feel hatred for TT and Hasbro. :-(

My hatred is vented towards them making the game accurate (and best color scheme in my opinion) figs exclusive and not make that many of them..
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: SDCC Bruticus! (1406357)
Posted by Kibble on August 1st, 2012 @ 12:25am CDT
Alpha Weltall wrote:I can't be the only person bothered by Vortexes connecter being black instead of purple like the others. It just stands out so much to me and makes it look gaudy or like it's a piece from a different set.

Or rather the rest shoulda been black, too, because the bright lavender sticks out extra crappy.
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: SDCC Bruticus! (1406365)
Posted by Judge Deliberata on August 1st, 2012 @ 1:45am CDT
harvester wrote:
wewyllenium wrote:Everytime I see this... I feel hatred for TT and Hasbro. :-(

I think the whole thing's just been badly conceived from the get-go. There were times in the past where I felt that Takara Henkei repaints were substantial improvements over the Hasbro originals, but in this case, it really feels to me like proper color schemes have been intentionally withheld for a later release. I can't get behind that. Blast Off and Vortex (Razorclaw) are hideous, not to mention Ruination. If they were going to just straight-up homage the RID combiner they should have stuck with the original names. Looking forward to the Henkei release that'll feature a yellow and purple Impactor, a completely blue Whirl, etc.
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: SDCC Bruticus! (1406376)
Posted by quickmixed on August 1st, 2012 @ 2:40am CDT
Nice gallery, some nice comparison shots.

It made me almost want to purchase this figure, but then I remembered the neon mess that is heading to retail.
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: SDCC Bruticus! (1406410)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on August 1st, 2012 @ 8:07am CDT
Awesome gallery Seiber :D. Been waiting for this for weeks now. I gotta say for me the best out of 5 would be Onslaught. The 2nd would be Blast-off and 3rd would be Swindle. I hope Hasbro/TT will release more combiners like this in the future. Bruticus is just so frickin awesome !!!

PS : Yeah it bothers me too that the port for Vortex is black @_@...Kinda wonders why they did that >.<...
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: SDCC Bruticus! (1406428)
Posted by Rodimus Prime on August 1st, 2012 @ 9:09am CDT
Kudos on your dedication to this gallery, it's really something. As for Bruticus. Still ugly. I like Brawl and Swindle, I might get those at retail if their decos haven't been screwed up too much. I also wonder what the Wreckers are gonna look like, and who will get whose mold. If it's gonna happen.
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: SDCC Bruticus! (1407027)
Posted by MeGrimlock! on August 3rd, 2012 @ 1:15pm CDT
I really want to like this set, but the proportions in the combined Bruticus mode just bug me for some reason. The legs are ok, and the Vortex arm looks pretty good; but the Blast Off arm looks a bit too long to me. The torso looks a little too small in comparison to the limbs as well. I think this guy would look much better if they had just bit the bullet and made Onslaught a voyager to help bulk out his torso a bit.

Maybe I'll like this better once I see a few more reviews of the set and grab the retail version (the colors really don't bug me). :CON:
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: SDCC Bruticus! (1407224)
Posted by DevastaTTor on August 4th, 2012 @ 5:15am CDT
The best thing about this set is the packaging.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering