New Fall of Cybertron galleries: Shockwave, Optimus Prime, and Jazz

Transformers News: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: Shockwave, Optimus Prime, and Jazz

Sunday, July 29th, 2012 4:26AM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Game News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 52,116

Seibertron is at it again! He's made yet another photo gallery for our viewing pleasure. This time, his subject is Fall Of Cybertron Deluxe Wave 1. In this set of galleries, you'll see the newly reformatted Optimus Prime, his lieutenant Jazz, and the shortpacked figure of the case, Shockwave.

We hope you enjoy.

Fall of Cybertron Shockwave

Fall of Cybertron Optimus Prime

Fall of Cybertron Jazz

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for all the latest news!
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: Shockwave, Optimus Prime, and Jazz (1405342)
Posted by YoungPrime on July 29th, 2012 @ 9:04am CDT
Only bought Shockwave but I'm trying to size up that FOC Prime figure to see if the UltraMagnus mold will be worth buying at least.
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: Shockwave, Optimus Prime, and Jazz (1405377)
Posted by STngAR on July 29th, 2012 @ 12:04pm CDT
[color=#4000FF]Galleries are always great.

I'll be picking up all three.

I like the FOC Optimus better than WFC Optimus. In alt mode FOC has a more authorative look from the front and the back is "cleaner." Grant it from the side WFC looks like the big brother and FOC looks like the 3rd cousin but I usually have my bots in bot mode. [/color] :MAXIMAL:
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: Shockwave, Optimus Prime, and Jazz (1405382)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on July 29th, 2012 @ 12:17pm CDT
compared to all the other generations figures we've had these have to be the least impressive, and yet they're the most expensive. I did want jazz & shockwave but after seeing the galleries i can easily pass.
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: Shockwave, Optimus Prime, and Jazz (1405391)
Posted by Genocide G2.0 on July 29th, 2012 @ 12:53pm CDT
Hmmm i sort of feel like iv'e got these figures already (i haven't) but having seen them for so long now and all the possible poses and what have ya i just hope when i get the chance to get them ill still be excited.
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: Shockwave, Optimus Prime, and Jazz (1405414)
Posted by Seibertron on July 29th, 2012 @ 2:35pm CDT
I like these figures. I felt much better about their size when I stood G1 Jazz next to FOC Jazz. Diecast and chrome parts aside, we're still getting a much larger toy height wise than we did for G1.

I was impressed with Optimus as a toy, despite disliking his chest's design. After all the hate that toy had gotten, I think it just needed to be put into some awesome poses for me to photograph, which was my first impression of the figure way back in February when I saw this at Toy Fair. However, the design of the character is flawed. The chest simply looks terrible, which is how I felt about the general shape of the War for Cybertron design as well. Whether you realize it or not, the traditional Optimus Prime chest has a very human like muscular structure where the windshield represents humanoid pecs, and the truck's grill represents a humanoid abdomen. Transformers Animated took advantage of this look best with a super-hero look.

Shockwave is pretty awesome. Just needs to be a voyager class instead!
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: Shockwave, Optimus Prime, and Jazz (1405426)
Posted by Hiryu02 on July 29th, 2012 @ 3:11pm CDT

You have them facing back. It's an easy step to miss.
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: Shockwave, Optimus Prime, and Jazz (1405431)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 29th, 2012 @ 3:31pm CDT

The size difference isn't as bad as I feared. I wish Shockwave and Swindle's heights were swapped (how does a thin bot end up shorter than a chunky bot?) but as a whole the Decepticons look fairly good scale-wise.

Autobots, on the other hand...

To be fair, the cars should really be a class below the others (trucks, tanks, jets, dinosaurs, etc.).
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: Shockwave, Optimus Prime, and Jazz (1405439)
Posted by CrimsonPrime on July 29th, 2012 @ 3:44pm CDT
Nice gallery Seiber :D. Not lying here but to me FoC Optimus is the best and I can say this for sure since I have all 3 of em. FoC Shockwave is cool but he's too thin X_X...

PS : Cant wait for Bruticus gallery. I know people may hate me for this but I think FoC Bruticus is much better than Collosus. Collosus just looks too plain for me and not to mention requires add-ons. I like my combiners without add-ons thank you~
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: Shockwave, Optimus Prime, and Jazz (1405510)
Posted by Anonymous. on July 29th, 2012 @ 7:46pm CDT
WFC/FOC Prime needs a Voyager.
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: Shockwave, Optimus Prime, and Jazz (1405515)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on July 29th, 2012 @ 8:03pm CDT
I like Shockwave and Prime, but Jazz is just too gappy for my taste.
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: Shockwave, Optimus Prime, and Jazz (1405537)
Posted by NatsumeRyu on July 29th, 2012 @ 9:21pm CDT
I think the one big turn off on these for me now - seeing them with the WfC figures - is the lack of the energon veins. :( Sure, some parts are painted, like on Shockwave, but it doesn't have the accnts and clear plastic appropriately placed like it was for the WfC guys. Sad face, I'm feeling the hurt now. :(
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: Shockwave, Optimus Prime, and Jazz (1405773)
Posted by Sodan-1 on July 30th, 2012 @ 1:18pm CDT
Hiryu02 wrote:Seibertron, I don't know if you did this on purpose, but Alternate mode Shockwave is partially mistransformed. The wing tips should face forwards, not back as they are shown in the stock photos.

You have them facing back. It's an easy step to miss.

I thought something looked off. Can't say I like them that way. They look like the vehicular equivalent of Vulcan ears.
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: Shockwave, Optimus Prime, and Jazz (1406238)
Posted by El Duque on July 31st, 2012 @ 5:13pm CDT
The Seibertron.com SDCC 2012 Exclusive "Game Accurate" Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Bruticus Box Set galleries are now live! This set features premium book style packaging with a removable insert that showcases the Combaticons in their combined Bruticus form, plus some very nice artwork.

Just as you would expect everybody gets their own full high quality gallery: Onslaught, Vortex, Blast Off, Swindle, Brawl, and of course Bruticus.

This is just the first outing for this set of molds. They will be released individually at mass retail with alternate brighter decos. They will be getting the G2 treatment in a BigBadToyStore/Amazon shared exclusive box set. Lastly (that we know of) they will be repainted and retooled into the Wreckers with a Ruination combined form.

Enjoy the galleries below:

Fall of Cybertron Bruticus

Fall of Cybertron Onslaught

Fall of Cybertron Vortex

Fall of Cybertron Brawl

Fall of Cybertron Blast Off

Fall of Cybertron Swindle

Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: Shockwave, Optimus Prime, and Jazz (1406252)
Posted by amd098 on July 31st, 2012 @ 5:56pm CDT
no comparison pictures to the fansproject crossfire kit?
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: Shockwave, Optimus Prime, and Jazz (1406254)
Posted by Jedi Kermit on July 31st, 2012 @ 6:10pm CDT
amd098 wrote:no comparison pictures to the fansproject crossfire kit?

If I remember right Ryan isn't a big fan of the unlicensed figures. Not to say he doesn't have any but I gather he wants to "catalog" and promote all of the official releases in his photo galleries.
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: Shockwave, Optimus Prime, and Jazz (1406256)
Posted by Seibertron on July 31st, 2012 @ 6:14pm CDT
Jedi Kermit wrote:
amd098 wrote:no comparison pictures to the fansproject crossfire kit?

Definitely not a fan of unlicensed figures, but the FansProject Bruticus set was just one thing I couldn't let go of yet. Wanted to use it for comparison pics in this gallery. Pics are there toward the end of the gallery on the last page. You can click on the image below for additional pictures.

Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: Shockwave, Optimus Prime, and Jazz (1406263)
Posted by Stormrider on July 31st, 2012 @ 6:42pm CDT
I'm not a fan of FoC Bruticus toy. I am trying but it just isn't working.
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: Shockwave, Optimus Prime, and Jazz (1406279)
Posted by amd098 on July 31st, 2012 @ 7:53pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Jedi Kermit wrote:
amd098 wrote:no comparison pictures to the fansproject crossfire kit?

nice much thanks!
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: Shockwave, Optimus Prime, and Jazz (1406302)
Posted by Alpha Weltall on July 31st, 2012 @ 8:59pm CDT
I can't be the only person bothered by Vortexes connecter being black instead of purple like the others. It just stands out so much to me and makes it look gaudy or like it's a piece from a different set.
Re: New Fall of Cybertron galleries: Shockwave, Optimus Prime, and Jazz (1406303)
Posted by grimdragon2001 on July 31st, 2012 @ 9:03pm CDT
i suddenly dont feel so bad about missing out on this guy. Blast-off and Vortex just seem to bug me looking at both the sdcc and retail release pics, the others look ok either way and im actually liking the retail Onslaughts color scheme as it looks pretty G1. when i get the retail versions i think im gonna give the flyers new paint jobs and hope for the best

Ending Soon On eBay

Targetmaster RECOIL gun only Transformers G1 1987 Kup not included vtg - Time Remaining: 18 days 11 hours 9 minutes 51 seconds
NEW TAKARA Transformers Masterpiece MP-25 TRACKS Chevrolet G1 INSTOCK WITH COIN - Time Remaining: 3 days 19 hours 55 minutes 7 seconds
1989 Pincher Complete G1 Transformers Pretender - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 29 minutes 48 seconds
1988 Quake Complete G1 Transformers Targetmaster - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 52 seconds
Targetmaster SLUGSLINGER + CALIBURST Transformers G1 100% complete 1987 - Time Remaining: 1 day 13 hours 4 minutes 9 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS DELUXE CLASS PROTECTOBOT BLADES FIGURE - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 minutes 15 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS LEADER CLASS ULTRA MAGNUS ACTION FIGURE - Time Remaining: 3 days 16 hours 4 minutes 24 seconds
TRANSFORMERS GENERATIONS COMBINER WARS LEADER CLASS THUNDERCRACKER ACTION FIGURE - Time Remaining: 3 days 16 hours 49 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks