Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: New Galleries: 2012 Tokyo Toy Show United Black Optimus Prime and TFP First Edition Clear Optimus

Tuesday, June 26th, 2012 4:57PM CDT

Categories: Cartoon News, Site News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 29,584

Seibertron.com is proud to present the exclusives from this year's International Tokyo Toy Show, United Black Optimus Prime and TFP First Edition Clear Optimus. Check these bad boys out in their full high quality galleries below!

Transformers United Black Optimus Prime

First Edition Optimus Prime (Clear)

Re: New Galleries: 2012 Tokyo Toy Show United Black Optimus Prime and TFP First Edition Clear Optimus (1394489)
Posted by MightyMagnus78 on June 26th, 2012 @ 5:05pm CDT
I want... Must have... =P~
Re: New Galleries: 2012 Tokyo Toy Show United Black Optimus Prime and TFP First Edition Clear Optimus (1394499)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 26th, 2012 @ 5:23pm CDT
So whats the verdict? Which evil Prime is superior?
Re: New Galleries: 2012 Tokyo Toy Show United Black Optimus Prime and TFP First Edition Clear Optimus (1394503)
Posted by Anonymous. on June 26th, 2012 @ 5:26pm CDT
The FE Prime mold is a really great achievement. I'd totally buy this clear version if I ever pick up the clear black microns.
Re: New Galleries: 2012 Tokyo Toy Show United Black Optimus Prime and TFP First Edition Clear Optimus (1394514)
Posted by Seibertron on June 26th, 2012 @ 6:20pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:So whats the verdict? Which evil Prime is superior?

I like the upper arms and the forearms better on the SDCC version, but I think overall I like the Tokyo Toy Show version, especially with the black legs, head, and red windows.
Re: New Galleries: 2012 Tokyo Toy Show United Black Optimus Prime and TFP First Edition Clear Optimus (1394515)
Posted by Stormrider on June 26th, 2012 @ 6:21pm CDT
Looking pretty snazzy.
Re: New Galleries: 2012 Tokyo Toy Show United Black Optimus Prime and TFP First Edition Clear Optimus (1394525)
Posted by kirbenvost on June 26th, 2012 @ 7:00pm CDT
Black Prime is made up of broken hope and shattered dreams. :-(
Ah well, another figure to add to the list of ridiculously-expensive Japanese exclusives I want but will probably never own. >:oP
Re: New Galleries: 2012 Tokyo Toy Show United Black Optimus Prime and TFP First Edition Clear Optimus (1394583)
Posted by Kibble on June 26th, 2012 @ 10:30pm CDT
Damn these galleries! I'm sure Black Convoy looks great in hand... But there's just too much other stuff to buy and $100 is too much for something so close to the other. I wish Hasbro's had red windows or the Takara one Autobot symbols. Either would make this an easy enough pass. Instead it's gotta be a tough pass...
Re: New Galleries: 2012 Tokyo Toy Show United Black Optimus Prime and TFP First Edition Clear Optimus (1394600)
Posted by synthetik on June 27th, 2012 @ 12:31am CDT
Any pics of this in FP armor?
Re: New Galleries: 2012 Tokyo Toy Show United Black Optimus Prime and TFP First Edition Clear Optimus (1394608)
Posted by Andrius on June 27th, 2012 @ 1:10am CDT
synthetik wrote:Any pics of this in FP armor?

Probably not on this site, sadly:

Re: New Galleries: 2012 Tokyo Toy Show United Black Optimus Prime and TFP First Edition Clear Optimus (1394613)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on June 27th, 2012 @ 1:35am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:So whats the verdict? Which evil Prime is superior?

I agree with this 100%. United Black Convoy is an awesome figure. On mine at least, the joints are a lot tighter than on my SDCC Nemesis Prime.

I really wish I could have gotten in on the preorders for that FE Prime too.
Re: New Galleries: 2012 Tokyo Toy Show United Black Optimus Prime and TFP First Edition Clear Optimus (1394615)
Posted by Seibertron on June 27th, 2012 @ 1:41am CDT
amcgrath929 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:So whats the verdict? Which evil Prime is superior?

I really wish I could have gotten in on the preorders for that FE Prime too.

You should just get one on eBay. They're fairly plentiful and at the same price as the pre-orders.

Re: New Galleries: 2012 Tokyo Toy Show United Black Optimus Prime and TFP First Edition Clear Optimus (1394616)
Posted by Doctor McGrath on June 27th, 2012 @ 1:45am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
amcgrath929 wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:So whats the verdict? Which evil Prime is superior?

I really wish I could have gotten in on the preorders for that FE Prime too.

Hmm, I hadn't realized that. eBay it is! Thanks, Ryan.
Re: New Galleries: 2012 Tokyo Toy Show United Black Optimus Prime and TFP First Edition Clear Optimus (1394725)
Posted by Seibertron on June 27th, 2012 @ 10:23am CDT
amcgrath929 wrote:Hmm, I hadn't realized that. eBay it is! Thanks, Ryan.

No problem!
Re: New Galleries: 2012 Tokyo Toy Show United Black Optimus Prime and TFP First Edition Clear Optimus (1394751)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 27th, 2012 @ 11:25am CDT

It's a beautiful version of a brilliant mold. I'm a little disappointed the grill isn't chromed as I thought it was in the early release photos, but at least it now matches the front skirt.

Interestingly mine has the exact same faint lines on the right side (if you're looking at his front) of the windshield as Seibertron's. Anyone else got it?
Re: New Galleries: 2012 Tokyo Toy Show United Black Optimus Prime and TFP First Edition Clear Optimus (1394755)
Posted by Seibertron on June 27th, 2012 @ 11:31am CDT
Sodan-1 wrote:It was creepy: I was clicking through the gallery for United Black Prime and my web browser crashed. A couple of seconds later the postman was knocking at my door with that very figure.

It seems to be a problem caused by the mold. Several other people have the same problem. Plus there is a small paint flaw on the forehead crest on the mold as well where the paint connects between two of the "bars". I have the same problem on every version of this mold I have, all the way back to the original Classics Optimus Prime.
Re: New Galleries: 2012 Tokyo Toy Show United Black Optimus Prime and TFP First Edition Clear Optimus (1394793)
Posted by rpetras on June 27th, 2012 @ 12:54pm CDT
Dammit!

I was hoping to avoid that Black Prime, but MAN is it awesome!

I really like it, but I'm not sure it's worth $100 when I already have the SDCC version.

I'll hold out and hope for a BBTS sale at some point.
Re: New Galleries: 2012 Tokyo Toy Show United Black Optimus Prime and TFP First Edition Clear Optimus (1399107)
Posted by Cyberseven on July 10th, 2012 @ 9:45pm CDT
I couldn't control my need to have this FE Tokyo Toyshow Optimus Prime, and I broke down and ordered him today.

I have been eyeballing this figure for weeks. I couldn't take not having it any longer... =P~
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism