New Galleries: Age of Extinction Evolution 2-Pack Bumblebee

Transformers News: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Evolution 2-Pack Bumblebee

Sunday, August 31st, 2014 12:07PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 20,554

After seeing the Takara version of the 2014 camaro concept version of Bumblebee which feature many comparison pics, we get a look an indepth look at the Hasbro version. Unlike the Takara version which is a standalone single figure, Hasbro 'bee comes in a two pack with a redeco version of the Generations Legends Bumblebee. He is also a Toys 'R' Us exclusive. The paint app differences on the Legends Class Bumblebees are very minimal but as an added bonus, the Evolutions 2-pack Legends Class Bumblebee comes with a new weapon for added value. Click on any of the pictures to see the full galleries.

Age of Extinction: Generations Bumblebee

Transformers News: Re: New Galleries: Transformers Age of Extinction and other Movie Universe toys

Age of Extinction: Generations Bumblebee

Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Evolution 2-Pack Bumblebee (1603142)
Posted by Seibertron on August 31st, 2014 @ 1:17pm CDT
Urgh. I just realized that I mixed up AD02 Evasion Mode Optimus Prime with Hasbro's Evasion Mode Optimus Prime in many of these pictures. You'd really have to mix and match parts from the two figures to make one better version.
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Evolution 2-Pack Bumblebee (1603143)
Posted by Madeus Prime on August 31st, 2014 @ 1:19pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Evolution 2-Pack Bumblebee (1603167)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 31st, 2014 @ 2:45pm CDT
Madeus Prime wrote:Still going to wait until Stinger is released. I'll always choose any car over a Camaro, especially when it's a Pagani =P~
Then you'd best be getting the 1 Step Changer since that's the only Pagani Stinger toy that Hasbro's making.
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Evolution 2-Pack Bumblebee (1603169)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 31st, 2014 @ 2:50pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Keep in mind that while Hasbro has no confirmed plans for a Deluxe Stinger, we have yet to hear from TakaraTomy. Even then, they may just repaint Bumblebee and not reshell him at all and release him as an exclusive to boot.
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Evolution 2-Pack Bumblebee (1603218)
Posted by Megatron Wolf on August 31st, 2014 @ 8:53pm CDT
this is actually a pretty good value, for $17 your getting a $15 deluxe ($18 in most places these days) and a $10 mini commander plus its an exclusive so that adds value down the road. And not to mention when AoE bee is sold on its own at mass retail youll be paying $15-$20. The only downside is that its bumblebee and a downsized AoE deluxe. But in the current market its a good deal. On a side note does anyone else think this version of AoE bee would make a good waspinator repaint? The chest has the whole eye thing going for it & the battle mask gives the head an insect look when its down.
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Evolution 2-Pack Bumblebee (1603226)
Posted by The Thuggernaut on August 31st, 2014 @ 9:57pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Evolution 2-Pack Bumblebee (1603227)
Posted by Seibertron on August 31st, 2014 @ 10:01pm CDT
The Thuggernaut wrote:Yes! I also thought he would make a good Waspinator, I thought of it ever since I saw him, I'm already working on him to make him Waspinator too. Just a new paint job and a new molded chin ;)

Does he need a new molded chin? The new one's mouth/chin area looks very wasp/bee like.
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Evolution 2-Pack Bumblebee (1603228)
Posted by The Thuggernaut on August 31st, 2014 @ 10:06pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Well he doesn't need one, per-say, but I'd like to do one that would resemble animated since I like the character and would like to keep it for myself :D
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Evolution 2-Pack Bumblebee (1603229)
Posted by Seibertron on August 31st, 2014 @ 10:07pm CDT
The Thuggernaut wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

Well he doesn't need one, per-say, but I'd like to do one that would resemble animated since I like tge character and would like to keep it for myself :D

Fair enough! Be sure to share some pictures with us when you get it completed. A Waspinator and/or Stinger from Bumblebee would be right up my alley!
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Evolution 2-Pack Bumblebee (1603230)
Posted by The Thuggernaut on August 31st, 2014 @ 10:10pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
The Thuggernaut wrote:
Seibertron wrote:

I will! It's my first full figure repaint and right now I'm juggling school and work but I'll get it done!
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Evolution 2-Pack Bumblebee (1603232)
Posted by TulioDude on August 31st, 2014 @ 10:20pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
TulioDude wrote:Can Bumblebee stores his "stars" in his back like the concept art?I'm curious.

You bet! Here's an image from the gallery that shows this. There are many other images in the gallery that show it as well.

Madeus Prime wrote:

Hard to see, but he can:

If only they'd given him some little ball-jointed hinges for the shriuken (Probably mispelled) peg-holes

Sorry I missed this.I think this is cool.
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Evolution 2-Pack Bumblebee (1603243)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on September 1st, 2014 @ 12:53am CDT
Our Bumblebee galleries just keep on rolling because you can never have too much of the 'bee. The next Bumblebee gallery we are focusing on is that of the Age of Extinction Leader Class variety. This new Bumblebee is a repaint of the previous Dark of the Moon Bumblebee with out his massive Mech-Tech weapon. The paint apps have been updated to match his new look in Age of Extinction. Age of Extinction Leader Class Bumblebee is said to be hanging out at Costco. Click on any of the images to see the full gallery.

Age of Extinction: Generations Bumblebee

Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Evolution 2-Pack Bumblebee (1603244)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on September 1st, 2014 @ 1:03am CDT
yeap, nothing like the work and love they put on previous movies... shame for AoE toy line, too much movie for this new toys. :michaelbay:
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Evolution 2-Pack Bumblebee (1603250)
Posted by RhA on September 1st, 2014 @ 2:22am CDT
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Evolution 2-Pack Bumblebee (1603277)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 1st, 2014 @ 7:26am CDT
RhA wrote:I didn't even know this guy would be used again. And guess what? Looking at him, it doesn't matter. He's actually lost paint and about half of his bodyweight.

He did get a new head in return tho :lol:
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Evolution 2-Pack Bumblebee (1603278)
Posted by RhA on September 1st, 2014 @ 7:32am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

He did get a new head in return tho :lol:

I don't see it. What am I missing here?
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Evolution 2-Pack Bumblebee (1603280)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on September 1st, 2014 @ 7:45am CDT
RhA wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

He did get a new head in return tho :lol:

I don't see it. What am I missing here?

The new battle mask:

And I see now it's just repainted. My bad :oops:
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Evolution 2-Pack Bumblebee (1603281)
Posted by RhA on September 1st, 2014 @ 7:47am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
RhA wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

He did get a new head in return tho :lol:

I don't see it. What am I missing here?

The new battle mask:

And I see now it's just repainted. My bad :oops:

Depainted* :P
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Evolution 2-Pack Bumblebee (1603286)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on September 1st, 2014 @ 8:20am CDT
AOE Leader Class Bumblebee...

Even at 30$ on clearance, I didn't want the DOTM version. The AOE Leader bee is just a repaint of the DOTM one. With almost all the paint aps removed. Without the BFG backpack. And the thing will sell for 55-60$ in Canadian stores.

So,

Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Evolution 2-Pack Bumblebee (1603290)
Posted by Seibertron on September 1st, 2014 @ 8:58am CDT
This figure doesn't have that many less paint apps on it from the previous version. Other than the absence of the Autobot symbol on its forehead and rear license plate (and maybe a few other places). But he also gains paint apps elsewhere. The stripes in vehicle mode are laid out differently which is why in robot mode he looks like he has less paint apps.

Ending Soon On eBay

Transformers Masterpiece MP-16 Frenzy & Buzzsaw For Soundwave NEW - Time Remaining: 4 days 13 hours 23 minutes 56 seconds
TRANSFORMERS CONSTRUCTICON DEVASTATOR REVENGE FALLEN ROBOT TRUCK CAR FIGURES TOY - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 10 minutes 9 seconds
Transformers Combiner Wars Core Optimus  W4  Mirage Prowl Sunstreaker Ironhide - Time Remaining: 6 days 19 hours 45 minutes 43 seconds
Transformers Exclusive G2 Classic Cybertron Bruticus Combaticon Combiner MISB - Time Remaining: 4 days 1 hour 15 minutes 41 seconds
Transformers 2015 New Platinum Edition G1 Blaster Ramhorn Eject Steeljaw Loose - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 15 minutes 48 seconds
Transformers Cybertron MEGATRON Leader Class Action Figure Hasbro - Time Remaining: 4 days 5 hours 46 minutes 7 seconds
TRANSFORMERS Animated Voyager Decepticons Lugnut - Time Remaining: 4 days 15 hours 33 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers Robots In Disguise RID iOS Android App One-Step Changers Underbite - Time Remaining: 6 days 16 hours 20 minutes 52 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks