Transformers News: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Optimus Prime and Deluxe Drift

Thursday, May 8th, 2014 11:55AM CDT

Categories: Site News, Live Action Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 40,300

Seibertron.com is extremely proud to present the newest installations of its world-renowned high-quality Transformers galleries. Today, we bring you the latest incarnation of the proud leader of the Autobots, in the form of Transformers: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Optimus Prime, and the movieverse debut of an original comics character, Generations Deluxe Drift!

The new AOE Leader Class toys are closer to what we used to call Ultra Class from previous Transformers toy lines such as the Unicron Trilogy. This is the second Leader Class gallery from this line, the first one being Grimlock from just the other day. At first glance in vehicle mode, Optimus seems to be Voyager Class sized in comparison to the Amazon.com exclusive First Edition figure, which is more in step with Leader Classes of past figure lines, just to give you an idea of the scale. However, the robot mode is where he regains quite a bit of that lost size. While still not quite measuring up to the First Edition's stature, this mold makes up for it, in design and features, what it lacks in size.

The three striking features of this version of Optimus are the well placed use of chrome paints that really stand out on him, plus he also just so happens to be a movieverse Leader Class figure with a waist swivel! And to round out the wow factor? Rubber tires!

As for Drift, the blue samurai debuting in the Michael Bay universe, supposedly based on the Decepticon-turned-Autobot character introduced by IDW Publishing (and who showed up in our galleries earlier), we know very little for now, other than its alt-mode being a 2013 Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse, and it features multiple swords and traditional samurai looking armour and helm with face mask.

Check out all of our pics to decide if you'll be picking up Leader Class Optimus or Deluxe Drift. When you do find them, please make sure you use our sightings section to let others know, and where!

Age of Extinction: Generations Optimus Prime

Age of Extinction: Generations Drift

Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Optimus Prime and Deluxe Drift (1572270)
Posted by Homerjay14522 on May 8th, 2014 @ 12:00pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Optimus Prime and Deluxe Drift (1572271)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 8th, 2014 @ 12:06pm CDT

Optimus looks okay, but the shoulder kibble is what gets me. Maybe if I see him on clearance.

I like Drift, but there's two things that bother me: his face and his size. The detailing on his face look oddly proportioned, and compared to Generations Drift, he's definitely a little on the small side. Like I said, I'll think about them if they go on clearance.
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Optimus Prime and Deluxe Drift (1572275)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 8th, 2014 @ 12:14pm CDT

:lol: That's just terrible looking. Kissy face and hollow pits for eyes.
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Optimus Prime and Deluxe Drift (1572277)
Posted by Black Hat on May 8th, 2014 @ 12:17pm CDT
Hey, at least it's better than the Impossible Toys Tetrajets. XD

I'm liking Leader Grimlock the more I look at him. The robot mode is fantastic, and I reckon if you moved the dino arms the T-Rex mode would look much better.
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Optimus Prime and Deluxe Drift (1572280)
Posted by RAcast on May 8th, 2014 @ 12:25pm CDT

What are those on the left? Is that a second pair of swords, or are they sheathes? They're pegged onto his kibble backpack in a bunch of the pictures.
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Optimus Prime and Deluxe Drift (1572284)
Posted by RhA on May 8th, 2014 @ 12:32pm CDT
Drift lives up to his reputation. This is the ugliest TF I have ever seen and I collect G2. It. Hurts. My. Eyeballs.
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Optimus Prime and Deluxe Drift (1572286)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 8th, 2014 @ 12:33pm CDT
RAcast wrote:

They're a pair of second swords, sorta like how Generations Drift had a pair of smaller swords.
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Optimus Prime and Deluxe Drift (1572288)
Posted by shockblast2 on May 8th, 2014 @ 12:34pm CDT
Drift....that stupid looking face....ugh
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Optimus Prime and Deluxe Drift (1572289)
Posted by Nisus on May 8th, 2014 @ 12:37pm CDT
RAcast wrote:

In a couple pics, it shows him holding them so I'm assuming their supposed to be his equivalent of Tanto swords.

Mindmaster wrote:A little disappoited that the new Leader class comes up to about Ultra-ish while still asking for $45. Not cool. [-(

Agreed!
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Optimus Prime and Deluxe Drift (1572293)
Posted by Diem on May 8th, 2014 @ 12:54pm CDT
I don't mean to sound so negative lately but Drift looks like a bizarre and terrible knockoff of Alternity Megatron or something.
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Optimus Prime and Deluxe Drift (1572309)
Posted by mtma on May 8th, 2014 @ 2:17pm CDT
I'm kinda uncertain about Drift... Guess I'll just decide on site to pick him up or not...
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Optimus Prime and Deluxe Drift (1572324)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on May 8th, 2014 @ 2:57pm CDT
Homerjay14522 wrote:WOAH!!!! SINCE WHEN ARE OPTIMUS PRIMES WINDOWS F-ING YELLOW?!?!?!?! I was going to pick him up just to have him even with his other issues, but Yellow f-ing windows may kill it for me. Everything before showed clear.
I'd normally call any new change to Bayniverse Op refreshing, this time I agree. Holy frack, it looks like his driver built up 30 urine-bags on a nonstop cross-country trip, then got nailed by one of those earthquakes going through Oklahoma.

Is the idea to just surrender to the cruel forces of photodegredation and pre-yellow any potentially clear plastic?

For that matter: RUBBER TIRES?!? BOOOOOOOOOOO! The ones on my RID Op and Magnus just started cracking, so before I buy any new TF that has them, I'd gladly give my money to anyone making some snap-together Shapeways replacements for as many TFs afflicted with them as possible, especially Masterpiece. Someone please enlighten me as to whether there's some preservative I can apply to prevent cracking, but even if so, rubber tires suck for longevity even worse than die-cast metal does for paint chipping. I don't care what popular consensus and nostalgia-blinders have to say about it, check ye elder toys' tires and despair, people.

As for Drift? I foresee some worthwhile redecos involving some actual paint apps meeting that mask, but what we got here looks hilarious at best.
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Optimus Prime and Deluxe Drift (1572326)
Posted by SlyTF1 on May 8th, 2014 @ 3:11pm CDT
I really like that Leader Optimus.
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Optimus Prime and Deluxe Drift (1572345)
Posted by Poyguimogul on May 8th, 2014 @ 4:25pm CDT
"I WOKE UP IN A NEW BUGATTI"
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Optimus Prime and Deluxe Drift (1572349)
Posted by Bounti76 on May 8th, 2014 @ 4:35pm CDT

Other than that, I'm baffled as to why they'd knowingly put such a goofy face on a 'bot.
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Optimus Prime and Deluxe Drift (1572350)
Posted by Zeek99g on May 8th, 2014 @ 4:36pm CDT
Hey Seibertron! Do you have any pics comparing the vehicles and robot modes of the DOTM Ultimate Class Optimus Prime with both the First Editon Optimus Prime and this Leader Class Optimus Prime? If not, will you please see if you can get some? :D
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Optimus Prime and Deluxe Drift (1572355)
Posted by Zeek99g on May 8th, 2014 @ 4:46pm CDT
Bounti76 wrote:Maybe Drift's face is a way to appeal to young women who love doing duckface in their selfies?

Exactly what I was thinking!

Other than that face, I am okay with Drift.

Bumblevivisector wrote:

The tires on mine broke only a few years ago. Now I am not sure where the tires are because I keep losing them.

I just really don't like those rubber tires at all.
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Optimus Prime and Deluxe Drift (1572357)
Posted by Crystiallic on May 8th, 2014 @ 4:59pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Optimus Prime and Deluxe Drift (1572359)
Posted by RAcast on May 8th, 2014 @ 5:05pm CDT
Crystiallic wrote:A little curious about that Bugatti with a samurai face. I know drift is always a more Japan-ized character (sword and all), but this is just weird. They can have it transformed into a Lexus LFA and I'm all good.

Hopefully we'll see the Drift mold with a different head sculpt eventually, because the rest of it is pretty darn good...just that head...ugh.
Re: New Galleries: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Optimus Prime and Deluxe Drift (1572363)
Posted by VioMeTriX on May 8th, 2014 @ 5:26pm CDT
Drift, this movie trilogy's Bumblebee. hell shelf warm with the rest of this movie's cast

Ending Soon On eBay

Takara Tomy Transformers E-hobby Exclusive Magnificus w/Comic Book - Time Remaining: 1 day 12 hours 10 minutes 56 seconds
Legacy of Revoltech LR-008 Convoy Optimus Prime Transformers Action Figure - Time Remaining: 2 days 5 hours 18 minutes 31 seconds
Transformers Robots In Disguise Mini-Con Deployers Decepticon Fracture & Airazor - Time Remaining: 3 days 10 minutes 28 seconds
B&A Transformers BA-01 Decepticon G1 Engineer General Devastator - Time Remaining: 1 day 14 hours 10 minutes 39 seconds
F1c Transformers Beast Wars Super Transmetal Optimal Optimus Robot (1997) Hasbro - Time Remaining: 14 days 17 hours 48 minutes 44 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Devastator Figure Set NEW SEALED - Time Remaining: 3 days 2 hours 5 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers 2 ROTF Leader Starscream New Sealed - Time Remaining: 8 days 9 hours 23 minutes 54 seconds
HASBRO TRANSFORMERS PLATINUM EDITION BEAST WARS OPTIMUS PRIMAL 20TH ANNIVERSARY - Time Remaining: 2 days 4 hours 46 minutes 13 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #156 - Gestalt Theory