Transformers News: New Galleries: AOE Construct-Bots Dinobot Riders Lockdown, Drift, Bumblebee, and Optimus Prime

Friday, April 25th, 2014 2:03AM CDT

Categories: Site News, Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 37,935

Earlier this week, we treated you to the Seibertron galleries of the Age Of Extinction Constructbots. We covered the Dinobots and how they can interact with the smaller Constructbot figures, the riders. You can see those galleries right here: Dinobot Constructbot Galleries

And now, it's the riders turn! Seibertron.com is proud to present our newest galleries, Age of Extinction Construct-Bots Dinobot Riders Lockdown, Drift, Bumblebee, and Optimus Prime!

Without further ado, the preview pics:

Age of Extinction: Construct-Bots Lockdown

Age of Extinction: Construct-Bots Drift

Age of Extinction: Construct-Bots Optimus Prime

Age of Extinction: Construct-Bots Bumblebee

Re: New Galleries: AOE Construct-Bots Dinobot Riders Lockdown, Drift, Bumblebee, and Optimus Prime (1568563)
Posted by craggy on April 25th, 2014 @ 3:40am CDT
I'm amused that the Dino-Riders have the same proportions as MTMTE Swerve and Tailgate
Re: New Galleries: AOE Construct-Bots Dinobot Riders Lockdown, Drift, Bumblebee, and Optimus Prime (1568584)
Posted by Peridot on April 25th, 2014 @ 5:33am CDT
Re: New Galleries: AOE Construct-Bots Dinobot Riders Lockdown, Drift, Bumblebee, and Optimus Prime (1568591)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on April 25th, 2014 @ 6:23am CDT
yeah it looks like they are. the use the same ball joints, clips and pegs.
Re: New Galleries: AOE Construct-Bots Dinobot Riders Lockdown, Drift, Bumblebee, and Optimus Prime (1568617)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on April 25th, 2014 @ 8:54am CDT
I'm LOVING the Riders and Dinos. I'm gonna try and pick up Lockdown first. I love how it looks like one of his eyes is twitching, and the cues to animated in the toy. I totally found some Construct-bots Strafe's in a Canadian Wal-mart, and they refused to sell it to me :-(
Re: New Galleries: AOE Construct-Bots Dinobot Riders Lockdown, Drift, Bumblebee, and Optimus Prime (1568633)
Posted by Darth Jumpy on April 25th, 2014 @ 10:07am CDT
Metro Prime wrote:Can anybody who has the Construct-Bots tell me if the Dino Riders' parts compatible with the standard Construct-Bots?

They all use the same clips and ball joints. As a bonus, the ball joints are compatible with Kre-o ball joints.

I like these guys. They look a lot more interesting then the regular simplified transformation lines from the movie. If I pick up the Dinobots, I'll try to pick these up too.
Re: New Galleries: AOE Construct-Bots Dinobot Riders Lockdown, Drift, Bumblebee, and Optimus Prime (1568977)
Posted by Seibertron on April 26th, 2014 @ 12:36pm CDT
This was my first time putting my hands on Construct-Bots. I own all the rest that came out, just haven't had a chance to open any of them and I never bothered to tinker around with them at any of the events I attended that Hasbro had them out at such as SDCC, NYCC, etc.

I actually really like the Construct-Bots. I can't believe how huge they are for the price. The $10 ones are an absolute bargain. Yah, they're a little unorthodox. But as a cheap way to get some really nice head sculpts and some interesting takes on some of our favorite characters, the Construct-Bots were a really nice treat.

My favorite is my "custom" Soundwave. I swapped out the yellow parts with the black parts from an extra Starscream I have. He turned out pretty nice. I also was pleasantly surprised that the 2 pack of Prime and Megatron had unique head sculpts from the regular Elite Class releases. Unnecessary, but welcomed at the same time!

The Dinobot Riders were fun little basic toys. For the $5 retail price, I think they're very worth it. If they were $8 to $10 they'd be disappointing, but for $5 what the heck! Lockdown is my favorite of that group.

Hopefully they'll figure out a way to make an additional scale of figures for smaller characters like Bumblebee and Cliffjumper that should only come to Soundwave, Prime and Megatron's chests. Not small scale like the Dinobot Riders, but a happy compromise that shortens up the legs or something.
Re: New Galleries: AOE Construct-Bots Dinobot Riders Lockdown, Drift, Bumblebee, and Optimus Prime (1570489)
Posted by Dr Va'al on May 1st, 2014 @ 2:22pm CDT
Still leading up to the release of Transformers: Age of Extinction next month, and pushing very close to the official street date for its accompanying toys (17th May), Seibertron.com has yet another dino-themed Contruct-Bot offering to show you! Check out below, by clicking any of the images, the double-trouble set of Construct-Bots Dinobot Warriors Optimus Prime and Gnaw Dino - who is both a green crocodino and Optimus' new battle throw. What do you think of this new gimmick? Let us know in the ever-fun Energon Pub inside!

Age of Extinction: Construct-Bots Optimus Prime

Age of Extinction: Construct-Bots Gnaw

Re: New Galleries: AOE Construct-Bots Dinobot Riders Lockdown, Drift, Bumblebee, and Optimus Prime (1570510)
Posted by RAcast on May 1st, 2014 @ 2:58pm CDT
I wait with baited breath...for this to go on clearance so I can snap it up! :grin:
Re: New Galleries: AOE Construct-Bots Dinobot Riders Lockdown, Drift, Bumblebee, and Optimus Prime (1570522)
Posted by ScottyP on May 1st, 2014 @ 3:35pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: AOE Construct-Bots Dinobot Riders Lockdown, Drift, Bumblebee, and Optimus Prime (1570553)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on May 1st, 2014 @ 5:57pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:That combining gimmick is really neat, I think. I was looking forward to that on the Beast Hunters Constructbots, but those never even came out.
Me too. Were they confirmed as cancelled when Target's exclusive Predacons Rising stuff shelfwarmed, or is there still some glimmer of hope? I just got CB Predaking on clearance, and he's a hell of a lot better than I guessed he'd be.

Oddly, these 2-packs were what I've been looking forward to most ever since Toy Fair, and I'm a tad disappointed to see the armor dinos don't also have their own robot modes, but I guess this makes them the equivalent of Action Master partners.

Though what Optignaw's combination REALLY reminds me of is this:

Re: New Galleries: AOE Construct-Bots Dinobot Riders Lockdown, Drift, Bumblebee, and Optimus Prime (1572088)
Posted by Seibertron on May 7th, 2014 @ 8:31pm CDT
Seibertron.com is proud to present a gallery of Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Grimlock. This is our 17th gallery from the Transformers Age of Extinction toy line! Leader Class Grimlock is one of the most anticipated figures from the upcoming toy line which will be officially released on May 17th at brick-and-mortar stores.

While he isn't much bigger in T-Rex mode than his Voyager Class counterpart, but is much taller in robot mode. The new AOE Leader Class toys are similar in size to Ultra Class toys from previous Transformers toy lines. One striking feature of this version of Grimlock is the large amounts of chrome paint that are on this toy, which appears to be a divisive feature amongst many fans.

Check out all of our pics to decide if you'll be picking up Leader Class Grimlock. When you do find him, please make sure you stop by our sightings section to let others know that you found him!

Just to clarify where this toy came from, it was purchased on eBay.

Age of Extinction: Generations Grimlock

Re: New Galleries: AOE Construct-Bots Dinobot Riders Lockdown, Drift, Bumblebee, and Optimus Prime (1572091)
Posted by Ultra Markus on May 7th, 2014 @ 8:57pm CDT
i like the voyager better
Re: New Galleries: AOE Construct-Bots Dinobot Riders Lockdown, Drift, Bumblebee, and Optimus Prime (1572096)
Posted by durroth on May 7th, 2014 @ 9:04pm CDT
Gonna be honest, now that I see it outside official shots, not completely hating it. kind of looks cool
Re: New Galleries: AOE Construct-Bots Dinobot Riders Lockdown, Drift, Bumblebee, and Optimus Prime (1572097)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 7th, 2014 @ 9:09pm CDT
I'm a dinosaur/monster nut, and would consider the beast modes the primary ones, but these Grimlocks do nothing but disappoint me. The other Dinobots look great, but Grimmys are just... blech.
Re: New Galleries: AOE Construct-Bots Dinobot Riders Lockdown, Drift, Bumblebee, and Optimus Prime (1572099)
Posted by durroth on May 7th, 2014 @ 9:15pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: AOE Construct-Bots Dinobot Riders Lockdown, Drift, Bumblebee, and Optimus Prime (1572128)
Posted by MGrotusque on May 7th, 2014 @ 10:20pm CDT
With that being said. Liking the pics and loving the new backdrop Seibertron. Looks good.

EDIT: Or is it an old back drop and i'm just noticing it now? Either way...nice gallery.
Re: New Galleries: AOE Construct-Bots Dinobot Riders Lockdown, Drift, Bumblebee, and Optimus Prime (1572134)
Posted by Seibertron on May 7th, 2014 @ 11:40pm CDT
MGrotusque wrote:Bot mode is awesome-ish. Alt mode....i've said enough on other threads about it. DOn't need to repeat myself.

I've been using the black backdrop for about 2.5 years now in the galleries. Glad you like it!
Re: New Galleries: AOE Construct-Bots Dinobot Riders Lockdown, Drift, Bumblebee, and Optimus Prime (1572136)
Posted by mesh on May 7th, 2014 @ 11:49pm CDT
Whenever I see pictures of the figure in alt mode, for some odd reason, I picture Milo from the Mask.

This is not a good thing!

Re: New Galleries: AOE Construct-Bots Dinobot Riders Lockdown, Drift, Bumblebee, and Optimus Prime (1572138)
Posted by Autobot032 on May 8th, 2014 @ 12:15am CDT
Seibertron.com is extremely proud to present the newest installations of its world-renowned high-quality Transformers galleries. Today, we bring you the latest incarnation of the proud leader of the Autobots, in the form of Transformers: Age of Extinction Generations Leader Class Optimus Prime, and the movieverse debut of an original comics character, Generations Deluxe Drift!

The new AOE Leader Class toys are closer to what we used to call Ultra Class from previous Transformers toy lines such as the Unicron Trilogy. This is the second Leader Class gallery from this line, the first one being Grimlock from just the other day. At first glance in vehicle mode, Optimus seems to be Voyager Class sized in comparison to the Amazon.com exclusive First Edition figure, which is more in step with Leader Classes of past figure lines, just to give you an idea of the scale. However, the robot mode is where he regains quite a bit of that lost size. While still not quite measuring up to the First Edition's stature, this mold makes up for it, in design and features, what it lacks in size.

The three striking features of this version of Optimus are the well placed use of chrome paints that really stand out on him, plus he also just so happens to be a movieverse Leader Class figure with a waist swivel! And to round out the wow factor? Rubber tires!

As for Drift, the blue samurai debuting in the Michael Bay universe, supposedly based on the Decepticon-turned-Autobot character introduced by IDW Publishing (and who showed up in our galleries earlier), we know very little for now, other than its alt-mode being a 2013 Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse, and it features multiple swords and traditional samurai looking armour and helm with face mask.

Check out all of our pics to decide if you'll be picking up Leader Class Optimus or Deluxe Drift. When you do find them, please make sure you use our sightings section to let others know, and where!

Age of Extinction: Generations Optimus Prime

Age of Extinction: Generations Drift

Re: New Galleries: AOE Construct-Bots Dinobot Riders Lockdown, Drift, Bumblebee, and Optimus Prime (1572169)
Posted by Dr Va'al on May 8th, 2014 @ 7:06am CDT
durroth wrote:the proportions don't really bother me as much as I thought they would. It's mainly the chrome that bothers me, because I remember how well it worked for all those transmetals figures that lost all color and started flaking. I do however feel big grimlock's bad front proportions could be offset by a thicker, longer tail.

Or the legs being slightly forward than they currently are. It would increase tail length and decrease torso and neck, making more appealing to me, too. :-?

I don't dislike it as much as I did with the video review, but I'm still not that big a fan of it. If I do get one, it'll be the Voyager at this point.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #144 - Don't Touch That Dial