Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Galleries: Asia Premium Series ASP02 Brawl and ASP01 Striker Optimus Prime

Transformers News: New Galleries: Asia Premium Series ASP02 Brawl and ASP01 Striker Optimus Prime

Friday, June 7th, 2013 12:24AM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 27,698

Seibertron.com is pleased to present Asia Premium Series ASP01 Striker Optimus Prime and ASP02 Brawl! These two are premium redecos of the Takara Tomy Exclusive Transformers: Dark of the Moon Striker Optimus Prime and 2007 Movie Leader Brawl featuring a darker color scheme and some additional paint applications. ASP01 Striker Optimus Prime has the added benefit of coming with the exclusive Battle Blades accessories. Both come in special collectors packaging.

Dark of the Moon Brawl

New Galleries: Asia Premium Series ASP02 Brawl and ASP01 Striker Optimus Prime

New Galleries: Asia Premium Series ASP02 Brawl and ASP01 Striker Optimus Prime

New Galleries: Asia Premium Series ASP02 Brawl and ASP01 Striker Optimus Prime

New Galleries: Asia Premium Series ASP02 Brawl and ASP01 Striker Optimus Prime

Dark of the Moon Striker Optimus Prime

New Galleries: Asia Premium Series ASP02 Brawl and ASP01 Striker Optimus Prime

New Galleries: Asia Premium Series ASP02 Brawl and ASP01 Striker Optimus Prime

New Galleries: Asia Premium Series ASP02 Brawl and ASP01 Striker Optimus Prime

New Galleries: Asia Premium Series ASP02 Brawl and ASP01 Striker Optimus Prime

New Galleries: Asia Premium Series ASP02 Brawl and ASP01 Striker Optimus Prime
Re: New Galleries: Asia Premium Series ASP02 Brawl and ASP01 Striker Optimus Prime (1493315)
Posted by MGrotusque on June 7th, 2013 @ 1:39am CDT

I almost bought that Striker Prime the other day though. Just seemed too pricey for me at the time. Still is. I think i'll regret that decision some day.
Re: New Galleries: Asia Premium Series ASP02 Brawl and ASP01 Striker Optimus Prime (1493321)
Posted by MINDVVIPE on June 7th, 2013 @ 2:18am CDT
MGrotusque wrote:Ugh....Brawl is such a bad figure. I bought the deluxe back in the day and very much disliked everything about it in bot mode.

The Leader should be much better than it is, but I've come to like the deluxe Brawl mould in its brown repaint that I use for Obsidian. He's got a badass look if you really work to get the poses right.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/ ... 278471.jpg
Re: New Galleries: Asia Premium Series ASP02 Brawl and ASP01 Striker Optimus Prime (1493337)
Posted by Dean ML on June 7th, 2013 @ 5:21am CDT

Leader Brawl is awesome! Easily the best leader from the first movie line. Only thing he lacks is ankle articulation but you can still get some cool poses out of him.

I'd be all over both of these if I didn't already have Deep Desert Brawl and Jetwing Prime.
Re: New Galleries: Asia Premium Series ASP02 Brawl and ASP01 Striker Optimus Prime (1493380)
Posted by ScottyP on June 7th, 2013 @ 9:22am CDT
Thanks for the comparison shots! Really cements my lack of need to get Brawl. He's pretty, but not quite different enough from the original green leader fig to justify that price tag.
Re: New Galleries: Asia Premium Series ASP02 Brawl and ASP01 Striker Optimus Prime (1493409)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 7th, 2013 @ 11:43am CDT
I prefer the original Brawl's colors, a lot more contrast in it. APS Brawl is sort just one uniform tone.

I resigned myself to just sticking with the Deluxe, though. Leader Brawl is always stupidly expensive or/and missing parts...
Plus, he doesn't fit anywhere scale-wise in my collection.
Re: New Galleries: Asia Premium Series ASP02 Brawl and ASP01 Striker Optimus Prime (1493482)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 7th, 2013 @ 6:09pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Leader Brawl is always stupidly expensive or/and missing parts...

If I was planning on selling my Leader Brawl, I'd letcha off with mine for regular retail price ($40). ;)

But, being a tank enthusiast, I can't let him up.
Re: New Galleries: Asia Premium Series ASP02 Brawl and ASP01 Striker Optimus Prime (1493490)
Posted by Cobalt Prime on June 7th, 2013 @ 6:42pm CDT
I had held off buying the original Striker Prime for price considerations, and eventually this upgraded masterpiece became available. After months of hemming and hawing I finally took the plunge and have not regretted it one bit.

Aps 01, like Buster, is the definitive movie Prime and a striking counterpart to the Buster non-mouthplate version. All the silver paint and chrome just pops compared to the dingy looking dark gray on the DA 28 version. The extra cannons, shield, and SEPARATE battle blades combine to make this figure unbelievably awesome.

And check it out-he even has a new voice sample rather than the crappy "I am Optimus Prime" of all the other versions.

He says "The Decepticons MUST be stopped!" And Peter Cullen's voice says it with conviction!

Worth the cash IMO.
Re: New Galleries: Asia Premium Series ASP02 Brawl and ASP01 Striker Optimus Prime (1493535)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 7th, 2013 @ 10:13pm CDT
I may overpaid my original Leader Movie Brawl at 100$ shipped, but at least, mine is 100% complete and even came with the box and manual. It's awesome looking in both modes and he's still fun to fiddle with, even whit his spring-loaded gimmicks.

I'm still glad to have him and I doubt I'll ever sell him.

The premium version is very, VERY great looking, but I would have serious buyer remorse if I had to spend 200$ for it.
Re: New Galleries: Asia Premium Series ASP02 Brawl and ASP01 Striker Optimus Prime (1493881)
Posted by Sodan-1 on June 9th, 2013 @ 1:18pm CDT
Sorry to be petty over this El Duque, but that's a whole load of typos with the figure designations.

I really want Optimus, but I'm struggling to take the final step in spending so much money.
Re: New Galleries: Asia Premium Series ASP02 Brawl and ASP01 Striker Optimus Prime (1495635)
Posted by Flux Convoy on June 15th, 2013 @ 4:39pm CDT
Yup, I was already sold on Striker quite some time ago. Money got tight and I pretended it didn't exist. Well, Botcon is around the corner and I'm pretty sure that lovely figure is coming home with us. The photos just show how all the colors pop so well. He's gonna look fantastic with my Buster two pack Prime and Jetfire.
:BOT:
Re: New Galleries: Asia Premium Series ASP02 Brawl and ASP01 Striker Optimus Prime (1495685)
Posted by Prime Riblet on June 15th, 2013 @ 9:51pm CDT
These both look fantastic, but I will pass due to cost. If I end up getting either, it would be Prime. The chrome just makes the figure, I think. I am happy with the Leader Brawl and Primes I have, so I will pass. Awesome looking figures, but to pricey for me.
Re: New Galleries: Asia Premium Series ASP02 Brawl and ASP01 Striker Optimus Prime (1495687)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 15th, 2013 @ 10:15pm CDT
I spendt 115$ for a Movie Leader Brawl in box, shipped from a fellow Canadian. I'll stick with that one, even if the Premium version is defenitely better looking. Still, it dosent justify paying double of what I already paid. (If you add shipping and import taxes).

Also, I'll bring home a shiny Buster Optimus Prime next week. Shiny chrome version with mouthplate. Used, but otherwise perfect. Only 70$ by local pick-up! I'm so lucky. :grin:
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction