Transformers News: New Galleries: Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Wave 3 Ratchet, Dreadwing and Skystalker

Sunday, May 19th, 2013 7:17PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: El Duque   Views: 32,284

We're pleased to announce that Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe Wave 3 has been added to the galleries! This wave features the latest dragon to join the Predacon ranks, Skystalker, Dreadwing's debut in the Deluxe Class complete with Beast Hunters armor, and last but not least the heavily retooled Beast Hunters Ratchet. Enjoy the full galleries by click any of the links or images found below.

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Skystalker

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe and Voyager Class

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe and Voyager Class

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Dreadwing

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe and Voyager Class

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe and Voyager Class

Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Ratchet

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe and Voyager Class

Re: New Galleries: Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Deluxe and Voyager Class
Re: New Galleries: Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Wave 3 Ratchet, Dreadwing and Skystalker (1488748)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 19th, 2013 @ 7:28pm CDT
Dreadwing and Ratchet are a mess of weird concepts and weirder colors, while I'll never get over how all the mainline Predacons pretty much do the same exact thing as each other. There could at least be dragon head(s) that turn into robot hand(s) or legs that swap into the arms' position (or vice-versa) or something.
Re: New Galleries: Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Wave 3 Ratchet, Dreadwing and Skystalker (1488749)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 19th, 2013 @ 7:34pm CDT
Skystalker just isn't worth the price. I'd rather commit to much better molds, like the Thrilling 30 line. >:oP

Might get Dreadwing, only for the sake of getting Dreadwing in toy form. Y'know, since he never even made one appearance at any of my local retailers.

I notice that Grimwing is on the site's banner. Does that mean we're getting galleries of him and Ultra Magnus too?
Re: New Galleries: Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Wave 3 Ratchet, Dreadwing and Skystalker (1488752)
Posted by RAcast on May 19th, 2013 @ 7:46pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:Ratchet... that orange sherbert and weapon just doesn't work on him. Great, now I want orange sherbert. :-(

As much as I don't want to defend that AWFUL retool, look at the drill...now paint most of it gold. They missed a prime chance at another Gurren Lagann homage with that one. ;)
Re: New Galleries: Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Wave 3 Ratchet, Dreadwing and Skystalker (1488753)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 19th, 2013 @ 7:48pm CDT
RAcast wrote:

Instead, we get two Beast Wars Dinobot homages in one (regular Dinobot and Transmetal 2 Dinobot). :-B
Re: New Galleries: Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Wave 3 Ratchet, Dreadwing and Skystalker (1488755)
Posted by Mindmaster on May 19th, 2013 @ 7:54pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
RAcast wrote:

The weapon (regular Beast Wars Dinobot) and the head (Beast Wars Dinobot II), if there's no one who gets it.

I noticed, just didn't feel like pointing out. ;)

As I look at Ratchet more and more, this thought comes to me: you know what he really looks like to me?

Not sure why the first Ratchet mold doesn't remind me of Team Fortress 2's the Medic, but Beast Hunters does. :-?
Re: New Galleries: Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Wave 3 Ratchet, Dreadwing and Skystalker (1488757)
Posted by RAcast on May 19th, 2013 @ 7:58pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
RAcast wrote:

I noticed, just didn't feel like pointing out. ;)

The homage could have been done REALLY well, it truly could have. But instead of making the character Dinobot/II, they tried to make it...RatchetBot one-and-a-half. :BANG_HEAD:
Re: New Galleries: Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Wave 3 Ratchet, Dreadwing and Skystalker (1488773)
Posted by proximus on May 19th, 2013 @ 8:30pm CDT
Didn't I see Dreadwing in Galaxy Quest?
Re: New Galleries: Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Wave 3 Ratchet, Dreadwing and Skystalker (1488781)
Posted by xyl360 on May 19th, 2013 @ 9:00pm CDT
No side-by-side pics with Beast Wars Dinobot in the galleries :(?
Re: New Galleries: Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Wave 3 Ratchet, Dreadwing and Skystalker (1488785)
Posted by Seibertron on May 19th, 2013 @ 9:11pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
RAcast wrote:

Not to mention the Beast Machines Silverbolt nods with Dreadwing. Here's hoping to some fun repaints later down the road.
Re: New Galleries: Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Wave 3 Ratchet, Dreadwing and Skystalker (1488786)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 19th, 2013 @ 9:14pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:Not to mention the Beast Machines Silverbolt nods with Dreadwing.
Didn't know that one.
Re: New Galleries: Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Wave 3 Ratchet, Dreadwing and Skystalker (1488787)
Posted by Seibertron on May 19th, 2013 @ 9:14pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:No side-by-side pics with Beast Wars Dinobot in the galleries :(?

Unfortunately no. I'm unable to do all of the homages and comparison pics while I'm behind on galleries right now. Now that I've got the latest Beast Hunters galleries all set, I'll move onto the latest Beast Hunters Cyberverse galleries next (most notably Abominus!) as well as finishing up TFP RID Dreadwing, Skyquake, Ultra Magnus, AM Ultra Magnus, Thundertron, Leo Prime, Cyberverse Ultra Magnus and Cyberverse Skyquake.

Plus I've got the Beast Wars Dinobots in my storage unit at the moment.
Re: New Galleries: Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Wave 3 Ratchet, Dreadwing and Skystalker (1488788)
Posted by Seibertron on May 19th, 2013 @ 9:19pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Didn't know that one.

His character model would show the feet and the "wings" nod better than the poorly executed toy will. Anyone have a good character model of Beast Machines Silverbolt handy?

Re: New Galleries: Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Wave 3 Ratchet, Dreadwing and Skystalker (1488789)
Posted by RAcast on May 19th, 2013 @ 9:21pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Didn't know that one.

W-why would you do this to us? Cannot be unseeeeeeen! :HEADHURTS:
Re: New Galleries: Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Wave 3 Ratchet, Dreadwing and Skystalker (1488791)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 19th, 2013 @ 9:36pm CDT

Here's some fan art of a better pose.

Re: New Galleries: Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Wave 3 Ratchet, Dreadwing and Skystalker (1488807)
Posted by Caelus on May 19th, 2013 @ 10:25pm CDT
There's elements of Beast Machines Jetstorm in there too, obviously.

Which kind of makes me wish we'd gotten a Waspinator/Thrust and Rhinox/Tankor homage too. It would have made for an interesting trio.

Re: New Galleries: Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Wave 3 Ratchet, Dreadwing and Skystalker (1488808)
Posted by Sabrblade on May 19th, 2013 @ 10:27pm CDT
Caelus wrote:My wife pointed out something interesting about the prehistoric Predacons. I said that everyone was complaining because transforming for them mostly consisted of them just standing up-right. She essentially said, 'So? That's what our ancestors did.'
Okay, that is totally getting sig'd.
Re: New Galleries: Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Wave 3 Ratchet, Dreadwing and Skystalker (1488819)
Posted by Agamemnon on May 19th, 2013 @ 11:25pm CDT
Though the instructions don't show this, the obvious best places for the shoulder guards are like in this picture. Bravo, Seibertron!

One complaint, though. I dislike how simple the transformations have become in some of the Beast Hunters line. We don't need movie-verse/alternators. But, I'd like to have a cool looking F35 that doesn't have the feet and arms so visible. I can understand and accept such stuff in the Cyberverse molds. But, can we have some clever transformations that don't look like a robot hanging under a set of wings? Soundwave and the First Editions were some of the best recently, in my opinion.
Re: New Galleries: Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Wave 3 Ratchet, Dreadwing and Skystalker (1488828)
Posted by MGrotusque on May 19th, 2013 @ 11:57pm CDT
Ratchet is by far the best of the bunch. The custom paint possibilities that could make this figure look amazing are almost limitless with all that awesome detail this mold has.
I said before and i'll say it again. I really do think for me that Ratchet has the best bot mode in the entire line.
However i did see the Takara Shockwave at my local nerd store today and he looks pretty rad too.....but i still feel ratchet is the classiest of em all. Even in the beast armour. Which oddly enough isn't at all beast themed (accept for the dinobot homage gun and colour scheme). His armour looks more tech than the rest and not as goofy.
Re: New Galleries: Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Wave 3 Ratchet, Dreadwing and Skystalker (1488844)
Posted by Seibertron on May 20th, 2013 @ 2:25am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Still don't quite see it, since Silverbolt's feet are tiny and his "wings" are more like little feathers.

Oh k ...

They both have clawed feet and a unique "wing" design that is very similar. It's as much a nod as any of the other stretches people are making to connect these to Beast Wars figures. I'm just saying that with a different head, that Dreadwing could make a decent Beast Machines Silverbolt for BotCon, or the Club or something.
Re: New Galleries: Beast Hunters Deluxe Class Wave 3 Ratchet, Dreadwing and Skystalker (1488845)
Posted by RhA on May 20th, 2013 @ 2:56am CDT
I didn't expect to, but I like all three. The Dinobot-thing on Ratchet sorta works IMO.

Ending Soon On eBay

threeA Japan Transformers Dark of the Moon MEGATRON Action Robot Figure Doll - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 30 seconds
DHL  AUTHENTIC TAKARA TRANSFORMERS MASTERPIECE MP5G MP05G MEGATRON GOLD VER - Time Remaining: 2 days 10 hours 52 minutes 24 seconds
Hasbro Transformers G1 Commemorative Series III Thundercracker - Time Remaining: 2 days 3 hours 43 minutes 17 seconds
Takara Transformers Classics Henkei C-03 Grimlock Action Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 15 hours 16 minutes 49 seconds
STEELJAW 100% Complete Vintage 1986 Hasbro Transformers G1 W/Tech Spec & Decoder - Time Remaining: 3 days 50 minutes 7 seconds
TAKARA TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS TM-12 GIMLET/Sea Clamp - Time Remaining: 1 day 21 hours 6 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction Silver Knight Optimus Prime & Grimlock New - Time Remaining: 4 days 10 hours 39 minutes 20 seconds
Transformers Hasbro G1 Platinum Trypticon G1 Reissue Encore Complete - Time Remaining: 3 days 46 minutes 8 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #159 - Imperfect Specks