Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Galleries: Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Spittor, Nightglider, and Stinkbomb

Transformers News: New Galleries: Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Spittor, Nightglider, and Stinkbomb

Monday, August 11th, 2014 8:44AM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 21,146

And from left field, we here at Seibertron.com are pleased to present to the public new galleries of Beast Wars: Transmetal 2 Maximals Nightglider and Stinkbomb, and their Predacon nemesis Spittor! These suckers, part of the 1999 line-up of Transmetal 2 Basics, may look familiar to those who are fans of the Robots in Disguise (2001) fiction... these characters are the predecessors of popular Robots in Disguise stooges Predacons Dark Scream, Gas Skunk, and Slapper, respectively. As always, take a peek at the preliminary images below, and if you'd like to view the full gallery of each character, click either the links or the images of each character to be taken to the full gallery of the respective toy!

Beast Wars Nightglider

Beast Wars Stinkbomb

Beast Wars Spittor

Credit(s): Seibertron.com
Re: New Galleries: Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Spittor, Nightglider, and Stinkbomb (1598388)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 11th, 2014 @ 8:46am CDT
Bit of trivia: Dark Scream's fit holes are wider than Nightglider's, as Dark Scream's sword was made thicker than Nightglider's.

Or at least, that's how it was for my Dark Scream and Nightglider.
Re: New Galleries: Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Spittor, Nightglider, and Stinkbomb (1598391)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 11th, 2014 @ 8:54am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:...Dark Scream's sword was made thicker than Nightglider's.

You know what they say about dudes with thick swords.

Re: New Galleries: Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Spittor, Nightglider, and Stinkbomb (1598394)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 11th, 2014 @ 9:06am CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:...Dark Scream's sword was made thicker than Nightglider's.

You know what they say about dudes with thick swords.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall. :twisted:
Re: New Galleries: Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Spittor, Nightglider, and Stinkbomb (1598427)
Posted by #Sideways# on August 11th, 2014 @ 10:37am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:...Dark Scream's sword was made thicker than Nightglider's.

You know what they say about dudes with thick swords.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall. :twisted:

Re: New Galleries: Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Spittor, Nightglider, and Stinkbomb (1598578)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on August 11th, 2014 @ 7:51pm CDT
#Sideways# wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:...Dark Scream's sword was made thicker than Nightglider's.

You know what they say about dudes with thick swords.

The bigger they are, the harder they fall. :twisted:

What? She can already see the comments that'll be posted for the future Snapper gallery? And here I thought Windblade, of all fembots, would avoid the female-character-amongst-a-predominantly-male-cast-with-a-poorly-defined-intuition-power trope...

Speaking of changes to Nightglider, has any evidence ever surfaced that he was originally supposed to be an Archeopteryx, but got a new head(s?) at the last minute? That's just what he always looked like to me, what with the tail shape, and his wings looking so much more like feathers than flaps of skin.

And yes, I already knew about Archadis' existence when I formed this theory 15 years ago.

And there WAS a running change to my all time favorite TM2, Spittor?!? Damn, I may have to start Beast Huntin' again.
"Toilet-Brush of Omens, give me sight-beyond-sight!"

Oh, and have any Transmetal 2s displayed the same flaking problems as their predecessors?
Re: New Galleries: Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Spittor, Nightglider, and Stinkbomb (1598591)
Posted by shajaki on August 11th, 2014 @ 8:52pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Spittor, Nightglider, and Stinkbomb (1598602)
Posted by Seibertron on August 11th, 2014 @ 9:47pm CDT
shajaki wrote:hey seibs! i know you recently acquired a beast wars returns strika. can i assume you have a full set of BWR figures? when are you planning to get some of those galleries up? :-?

Sooner than later for some of them. BWR Tankor, Thrust, Jetstorm, Obsidian and Strika are at the top of my list and I hope to have them completed before the end of the year. I am looking for decent prices on Savage Noble and Megahead Megatron and have not acquired them yet. If I recall correctly, the rest of the figures are basically identical to their Hasbro releases.
Re: New Galleries: Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Spittor, Nightglider, and Stinkbomb (1598604)
Posted by shajaki on August 11th, 2014 @ 9:58pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
ill be on the edge of my seat ;)

and yeah, to my knowledge the figures that arent obviously different were actually exactly the same as hasbros. but please correct me if im wrong.
Re: New Galleries: Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Spittor, Nightglider, and Stinkbomb (1598613)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 11th, 2014 @ 11:04pm CDT
The Beast Wars Returns figures that are the same as their Hasbro counterparts are Convoy, Cheetus, Rattle, Nightscream, and Megatron. All the others are redecos.
Re: New Galleries: Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Spittor, Nightglider, and Stinkbomb (1598727)
Posted by xyl360 on August 12th, 2014 @ 12:31pm CDT
Yep, pretty much all of the Deluxe Vehicon drones are different in the Takara BWR releases (and incidentally are typically more show accurate to represent either the drones or their Vehicon General counterparts). I have the Takara Beast Wars Returns versions of the motorcycle drone, tank drone and Strika as Vehicon generals Thrust, Tankor and Strika on my shelf. I'll be using the Takara Generations Tankor as my general once I get that though. I have BWR Jetstorm but I don't believe he's very different (if at all) compared to the US release.
Re: New Galleries: Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Spittor, Nightglider, and Stinkbomb (1598736)
Posted by shajaki on August 12th, 2014 @ 1:01pm CDT
xyl360 wrote:I have BWR Jetstorm but I don't believe he's very different (if at all) compared to the US release.
i was going to quote sarblade and say what about jetstorm. does anyone know if theres any differences between the BM and BWR jetstorm?
Re: New Galleries: Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Spittor, Nightglider, and Stinkbomb (1598738)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 12th, 2014 @ 1:06pm CDT
shajaki wrote:

The differences are minor, and best explained here:

BM Jetstorm entry on TFU.info (scroll down for variants)
Re: New Galleries: Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Spittor, Nightglider, and Stinkbomb (1598741)
Posted by shajaki on August 12th, 2014 @ 1:15pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:The differences are minor, and best explained here:
BM Jetstorm entry on TFU.info (scroll down for variants)
i know all about tfu, so that was a big DUR moment for me.

he has some subtle (but very nice) differences. his secondary (or tertiary i dunno) color of plastic is like, seafoam green instead of red. no yellow on the face. and those yellow/orange lines on his abdomen are blue instead. very nice. ill have to get him now!
Re: New Galleries: Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Spittor, Nightglider, and Stinkbomb (1598744)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 12th, 2014 @ 1:21pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:The differences are minor, and best explained here:
BM Jetstorm entry on TFU.info (scroll down for variants)
i know all about tfu, so that was a big DUR moment for me.

90% of all his gray plastic was also changed to blue. That's a pretty substantial difference.
Re: New Galleries: Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Spittor, Nightglider, and Stinkbomb (1598745)
Posted by shajaki on August 12th, 2014 @ 1:25pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
shajaki wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:The differences are minor, and best explained here:
BM Jetstorm entry on TFU.info (scroll down for variants)
i know all about tfu, so that was a big DUR moment for me.

right right! i noticed that but forgot to mention it.

i wonder if it suffers from the flaking chrome as bad as his hasbro counterpart. i recently acquired a MISB ultra jetstorm, and his chrome is all cracked and ready to fall off inside the box. not to mention my original jetsorm shared the same fate :-(
Re: New Galleries: Beast Wars Transmetals 2 Spittor, Nightglider, and Stinkbomb (1600694)
Posted by xyl360 on August 20th, 2014 @ 12:33pm CDT
Hey Ryan, I'm sorry to be beating a dead horse like this, but in your latest Beast Wars/RiD galleries I notice that while you have comparison shots aplenty between the various versions/variants etc., there is actually no information whatsoever either in the images nor the galleries themselves (nor links to) regarding what figures you're actually comparing them to, who released them (Hasbro, Takara etc.), in what lines they were released (i.e. Beast Wars or RiD in this case) and where the galleries for those figures they're being compared to can be found (no cross-linking).

I'm not necessarily asking for all of that (though it would be ideal), but at least one aspect of that, particularly cross-linking the galleries. At least for cases like this where both galleries exist at the same time/were created relatively close to each other (I assume less effort on your part that way since you don't have to dig through old galleries to find each version etc. to cross link them).
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #102 - Hidden Mickeys