Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more!

Friday, July 18th, 2014 11:20PM CDT

Categories: Event News, Toy News
Posted by: LOST Cybertronian   Views: 27,490

The galleries of Seibertron has updated with the BotCon 2014 Pirates Vs. Knights box set. Pirate Scorponok is a repaint of Energon Scorponok with a newly added headmaster feature. That headmaster is Olin Zarak who is a retool of Spike who is the headmaster unit for Cerebros who is the headmaster unit for Fortress Maximus. Got that? Good. Next up is Pirate Cannonball who is a repaint of Transformers Prime Ratchet with a new head. Knight Devcon is a repaint of Generations Scourge with a new head. Knight Ginrai is a repaint of Classics Optimus Prime. Last but not least is Pirate Ferak who is a repaint of Universe Cyclonus while his target master Pirate Tornado is a repaint of Nightstick. Click on any of the images to see the full galleries.

Convention & Club Exclusives Pirate Scorponok

Convention & Club Exclusives Olin Zarak

Convention & Club Exclusives Pirate Cannonball

Convention & Club Exclusives Knight Devcon

Convention & Club Exclusives Knight Ginrai

Convention & Club Exclusives Pirate Ferak

Convention & Club Exclusives Pirate Tornado

Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1591710)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 18th, 2014 @ 11:27pm CDT
No joke, no lie, Tornado right here is the biggest reason I wanted this set, being the character/figure I was looking forward to the most. :mrgreen:

Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1591711)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 18th, 2014 @ 11:34pm CDT
Is there a toy gallery for the Ginrai on the right?
I really need to stop looking at this picture. It makes me want to drink orange Sunkist and eat Starbursts.
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1591715)
Posted by Seibertron on July 19th, 2014 @ 12:05am CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Is there a toy gallery for the Ginrai on the right?

I've almost completed the gallery! Hopefully I'll have the photography done this weekend. It's what I'm planning on working on this weekend.
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1591741)
Posted by RhA on July 19th, 2014 @ 5:56am CDT
Scorponok is beautiful.
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1591747)
Posted by Rated X on July 19th, 2014 @ 6:44am CDT
Nice galleries as always.

Has anyone recieved their non attendee set in the mail yet from funpub ? Im still waiting. I called them almost 2 weeks ago and they said they had not "unloaded the truck" yet. Why were "non attendee" sets loaded in the truck in the first place ?
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1591772)
Posted by shajaki on July 19th, 2014 @ 10:54am CDT
Rated X wrote:Nice galleries as always.

i have a trip to make to the post office today for a couple parcels, unless its one of those then i havent received mine yet. i seem to recall when i ordered mine that it said it would be shipped out in august. seemed excessive, but waddya gonna do eh?

as always, galleries rock! even turned me around on cannonball and devcon. only figure i was "meh" about was cannonball but he looks pretty kickass. and while i liked devcon, i heard some negativity about the head sculpt. i dont see anything wrong with it! cant wait to get my set!
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1592081)
Posted by mooncake623 on July 20th, 2014 @ 9:29pm CDT
Rated X wrote:Nice galleries as always.

I emailed them last week and the answer
They should ship in the next couple of weeks. Thank you.

Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1592093)
Posted by Seibertron on July 20th, 2014 @ 10:21pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
Midnight_Fox wrote:Can I point out something that could technically be claimed as a mistake in the news post? Wingspan isn't a direct repaint of the Jet Vehicons, he actually has the wrong rear fender(he uses the AM car Vehicon version) which causes a gap in vehicle mode.

You question my news post?! :-x

:P

I did not know that, I could go fix it. I might, later. I will.

Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1592095)
Posted by Seibertron on July 20th, 2014 @ 10:22pm CDT
mooncake623 wrote:New Gallery Tool is amazing Ryan!! Makes me want to go back any look at all the galleries.

This is the first non-staff feedback that I've received about this change. Thanks for letting me know that it is working well for you!
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1592097)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 20th, 2014 @ 10:25pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:they're repaints. No need to change the news story. All you have to do is swap the rear fenders for the Dread Pirate Crew Clones.
Is that doable? I considered trying it myself, but I wouldn't know where to start or even if it can be done.

And is the Hasbro Car Vehicon rear fender compatible with the Takara Jet Vehicon mold?
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1592100)
Posted by Seibertron on July 20th, 2014 @ 10:30pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

They're swapped in the Seibertron.com galleries. All you have to do is pop them off and put it on the other one.

Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1592102)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 20th, 2014 @ 10:37pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I may try that, thanks.

The first instance I noticed something was wrong with the Jet's fender was when I noticed how it wouldn't fold all the way down behind its back as far as the Car's fender would. There were little plastic notches behind the Jet's shoulder that kept it from folding all the way back, and which were not present on the Car's shoulders. I hope swapping them will make some better difference.
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1592105)
Posted by Seibertron on July 20th, 2014 @ 10:52pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I may try that, thanks.

I was reading somewhere else that something else is wrong with that part to make it compatible with the Jet Vehicon mold but I didn't really figure out what needed to be fixed or modified. If someone wants to point us in the right direction, I'm all ears!

In the meantime, I took care of the simple swap to get them close enough to how they're supposed to be.
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1592192)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 21st, 2014 @ 8:37am CDT

Nah, it's just me.
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1592195)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 21st, 2014 @ 8:51am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:Is it just me, or has there been an abnormal count of QC issues this year? Switched parts on Cannonball and the Vehicons, weak plastic on some figures (like two Cannonballs and a Flareup in Japan)... :-?

Nah, it's just me.
Misassembled, yet easily fixable, shoulders on Scorponok.
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1592204)
Posted by Seibertron on July 21st, 2014 @ 9:04am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Nah, it's just me.
Misassembled, yet easily fixable, shoulders on Scorponok.

Don't forget screwed up face on Devcon with his pouty lips!
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1592218)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 21st, 2014 @ 9:50am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:

I'm sorry, but Midnight_Fox is still correct. There are 3 versions of the rear fender for the Prime Vehicon mold:

1. Hasbro version (Left) and the retooled TakaraTomy Arms Micron Version (Right)

3. TakaraTomy Jet Vehicon:

The Jet Vehicon version has no exhausts, and a diamond-shaped pattern. The Dread Pirate Crew uses both car versions (RiD and AM), but not the jet version.
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1592219)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 21st, 2014 @ 9:53am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I'm sorry, but Sabrblade is still correct.
Huh? I wasn't the person who first brought up the fender thing. :???:
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1592220)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 21st, 2014 @ 9:54am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:I'm sorry, but Sabrblade is still correct.
Huh? I wasn't the person who first brought up the fender thing. :???:

Already corrected. #-o
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1593003)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 24th, 2014 @ 3:51am CDT
As you know by now, Club Subscription 2.0 Thrustinator is beginning to ship to subscribers, which we reported on right here, we also have a preview gallery of him right here and even a video review here!

And now, we have the full Thrustinator gallery for your perusal. Thrustinator is a merging of Beast Wars Waspinator and Beast Machines Thrust. An homage to the BM storyline where it's revealed that Vehicon General Thrust is powered by the spark of Waspinator. The original figure was known as Dirgegun, from Beast Wars II (a Japanese exclusive line and TV show.) and now, Hasbro's take on the mold is finally available to the fans!

Click on any of the images below to be taken to the full gallery:
Convention & Club Exclusives Thrustinator

Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1593004)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 24th, 2014 @ 3:54am CDT
That bio... really curious about that catastrophe he and Heinrad have to fix in the past. :-?
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1593038)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 24th, 2014 @ 6:51am CDT
I like him more than I thought that I would. Mine is just super-loose, especially in the legs.
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1593071)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 24th, 2014 @ 9:13am CDT
I'm kinda surprised it took this long to create a Thrust-Waspinator hybrid. I mean, it's a very out-there concept, but we've had this cyborg-wasp mold for so long...

Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1593081)
Posted by shajaki on July 24th, 2014 @ 9:35am CDT

wait... rewind is out already?
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1593089)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 24th, 2014 @ 10:02am CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:I know I asked this before, but how many TFs can do a gunface sort of thing, where the robot head is replaced/covered/transforms into a gun? Not including instances where a bot can shoot/spit things with their normal noggin.

Maybe Dirgegun and BWII cartoon Bighorn were the only ones who can shoot projectiles from their face before Lockdown. I wouldn't count Dinobot or Unicron because they had laser eyes.
By far, the only Transformers toys with gunfaces.
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1593114)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 24th, 2014 @ 11:12am CDT
shajaki wrote:Image

wait... rewind is out already?

Seibs got an advance copy during BotCon. That's also when we found out he's last to be sent out (he's number 6a) along with Eject
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1593841)
Posted by necr0blivion on July 26th, 2014 @ 12:44am CDT
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1593878)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on July 26th, 2014 @ 8:07am CDT
necr0blivion wrote:These galleries make me anxious for whenever FunPub is going to mail out the 2014 box set for non-attendees. Seriously, I want that Scorponok in-hand already. (So I can correct the assembly issues :sad: )

They started shipping them yesterday, some people have already gotten their confirmation e-mails.

Sadly, I'm not "some people".
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1593896)
Posted by shajaki on July 26th, 2014 @ 9:54am CDT
scorponok has assembly issues?
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1593904)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 26th, 2014 @ 10:37am CDT
shajaki wrote:
scorponok has assembly issues?

Switched upper arms I believe. Currently there are a lot of QC fails:

- Cannonball has switched upper legs, and weak plastic on the hips of some figures which cracks easily
- The Wingspan Type Pirate has the wrong fender: it uses the car type which causes a gap in vehicle mode. Apparently nobody realised the Jet Vehicon mold has its own fender, separate from both RiD and the retooled AM Car types.
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1593907)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 26th, 2014 @ 10:49am CDT
How To Fix Your Scorponok:
Sabrblade wrote:The back pieces of his armpits are each upside-down and on the wrong sides of the body.

To use Energon Scorponok for visual reference, it's the orange armpit pieces seen in these pictures, which are purple on the BotCon toy:

Notice how, in these pics, the pieces each have a slope that runs down the body. On the BotCon figure, since the pieces were swapped and attached upside-down, the slopes run upward on the figure instead of downward.

Thus, the big shoulder pieces are unable to fold outward all the way, making him look like he's constantly holding his shoulders in a mid-shrug position, as seen here:

Instead of like this:

The way to fix this is to simply unscrew both pieces with a small Philips head screwdriver, and reattach them on their opposite sides of the body in their correct positions.

But note that front half pieces of the armpits are NOT swapped (at least on mine, they weren't), so those may not need to be swapped either. Take note of their position in this pic (the blue pieces with the gold outlines behind the translucent yellow side cannons):

This is the correct position for these two pieces, and Ryan's figure seems to have gotten it right for these two pieces as well (which are now orange with a green outline):

Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1593917)
Posted by shajaki on July 26th, 2014 @ 12:14pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1593918)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 26th, 2014 @ 12:22pm CDT
shajaki wrote:thanks for all that! was this problem with all scorponoks (like 2013's hoist) or just some?
Seems to be a widespread case.

Unlike Hoist, though, this one is easily fixable.
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1593941)
Posted by shajaki on July 26th, 2014 @ 2:13pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Seems to be a widespread case.

Unlike Hoist, though, this one is easily fixable.
yeah... dont really know if im going to tackle hoists shoulders. i can probably live with it.

i have no doubt this is posted elsewhere, but sine its sort of on topic i feel it requires reposting. this is seibs scorponok fixing video. i found it very informative and plan to use it to make sure all my scorpies wont fall to pieces.

Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1593984)
Posted by necr0blivion on July 26th, 2014 @ 5:23pm CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:

Sadly, I'm not "some people".

I didn't receive a confirmation e-mail, but that's okay. It just showed up at my door! Time to watch some UFC and scroll through this thread to see what fixes I need to do tonight.
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1593988)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on July 26th, 2014 @ 5:46pm CDT
necr0blivion wrote:
Midnight_Fox wrote:

Sadly, I'm not "some people".

SO JEALOUS!

Edit: So, uuuhhhh, I jumped the gun, it's been sitting on my front porch for like 3 hours.
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1593996)
Posted by necr0blivion on July 26th, 2014 @ 6:19pm CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:SO JEALOUS!

Congrats! Saturday nights are made for fixing manufacturing errors! :KREMZEEK:
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1594826)
Posted by Henry921 on July 30th, 2014 @ 12:43am CDT
My Iacon Package arrived today. So glad to have an extra Scorponok nestled safely away, forever protected from the harsh elements of the world.

While the other Scorponok I bought waits for the arrival of Club Treadshot, to lead him, Botcon 2009 Banzai-Tron and Generations Soundblaster to glory.
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1594841)
Posted by Va'al on July 30th, 2014 @ 2:49am CDT
As Iacon packages are hitting people's homes from BotCon 2014, Seibertron.com is proud to present another installation, or a redux, if you will, of Transformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service exclusives: the little dude who sees and records everything - Rewind! Remolded from the United Cassetticon figure, we first saw Chromedome's conjux endura in the clip below, directly from a BotCon hotel room, and posted a small teaser gallery too. But head below and click on any image for the new, improved, full gallery!

Convention & Club Exclusives Rewind

Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1594883)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 30th, 2014 @ 8:32am CDT
Cool toy. Any chance for a gallery on Eject? He can't fight alone.
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1594952)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 30th, 2014 @ 11:23am CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Cool toy. Any chance for a gallery on Eject? He can't fight alone.

*ahem* The mystery figure's gallery is being worked on. However, in keeping with the Club's wishes, we're not going to disclose the identity of the gallery whenever we showcase it.
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1594957)
Posted by kirbenvost on July 30th, 2014 @ 11:40am CDT
Such a shame that this guy is a exclusive, I would have loved to own him. Or any version of the mold, for that matter.
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1595028)
Posted by Flashwave on July 30th, 2014 @ 2:52pm CDT
Aww, no photos of him with his FOC counterpart? :-(
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1595081)
Posted by Va'al on July 30th, 2014 @ 5:39pm CDT
Are you ready for another Seibertron.com fully detailed, highly defined gallery? We are proud to present the Transformers Collectors' Club Subscription Service 2.0 mystery figure - and we're making sure it remains so, thanks to a newly implemented feature of the site's galleries!

That's right, we won't be showing you images right here, but rather linking you to the first Members Only gallery on Seibertron.com. You must be logged in to click on the images and reveal what's beneath, so as not to ruin the fun for anyone still waiting for their own new toy. So buckle up, brace for spoilers, and head to the gallery if you're ready for its sheer magnificence. We'll be holding on to some red banners for a while yet.

Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1595082)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 30th, 2014 @ 5:51pm CDT
Oooh!

... uh, any recommended photos? i.e. "image #__ is a good view of bot mode, #___ for alt mode, #___ compared with ____". I'd rather not have to rummage thru 130+ pics...
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1595084)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 30th, 2014 @ 6:04pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1595086)
Posted by Va'al on July 30th, 2014 @ 6:15pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Oooh!

Have you tried the new image visualiser? It's really easy (and fast) to switch between images with keyboard arrows!

OptimalOptimus2 wrote:The first Members Only Gallery? There's going to be more? I thought this was a one time thing. Guess there are going to be more mystery figures in the future. I GUESS.

It's the first, not first of many. But it is a feature we may use again! :D
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1595087)
Posted by AutobotAlvaron on July 30th, 2014 @ 6:15pm CDT
Does this make anyone else wonder if Has/Tak will ever make a Twincast out of that Blaster mold? They already made a Soundblaster, so why not? Also I like this "Secret/Hidden" gallery idea; for some reason, it feels "special". 8)
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1595088)
Posted by Va'al on July 30th, 2014 @ 6:19pm CDT
Va'al wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:Oooh!

But in case..

4 for alt mode, 15 for alt mode comparison, 32 for G1 comparison, 45 bot mode, 109 bot mode feature, 116 bot comparison.
Re: New Galleries: BotCon 2014 Scorponok, Cannonball, Ferak, Ginrai, Devcon and more! (1595095)
Posted by Madeus Prime on July 30th, 2014 @ 6:35pm CDT
Okay this is fine and all, but they aren't showing up for me. I click on the first few pics and I get a white page with technobabble on it. Then later pics just go to blank pages, the same with the image pop up. Just sayin' something's the matter with it.

BTW, will this gallery eventually be available for public viewing?

Click here to view an additional 40 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus