Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Galleries: Complete TakaraTomy Alternity Line

Transformers News: New Galleries: Complete TakaraTomy Alternity Line

Saturday, June 22nd, 2013 4:48AM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 20,236

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: New Galleries: Complete TakaraTomy Alternity Line (1497295)
Posted by Eagleblaster on June 22nd, 2013 @ 9:12am CDT
My alternity Thundercracker, black Megatron, Bumblebee and Dai Atlas are all looking good up there.
Re: New Galleries: Complete TakaraTomy Alternity Line (1497297)
Posted by omega666 on June 22nd, 2013 @ 9:15am CDT
Love my Alternity. Die cast and rubber wheels. They are like if G1 figures were made with todays toy technology. :grin: :grin: :grin:
Re: New Galleries: Complete TakaraTomy Alternity Line (1497299)
Posted by griftimus prime on June 22nd, 2013 @ 9:16am CDT
4 molds with 12 repaints. not much to collect. i guess pick your favorite repaint and get 1 of each
Re: New Galleries: Complete TakaraTomy Alternity Line (1497307)
Posted by Eagleblaster on June 22nd, 2013 @ 9:43am CDT
omega666 wrote:Love my Alternity. Die cast and rubber wheels. They are like if G1 figures were made with todays toy technology. :grin: :grin: :grin:


I have to correct you my fellow collector. These altenity figures are absolutely nothing them square blocky g1 figures. Because of these having advanced transformations, very figity and findly parts detailing on the bare parts such as detailing on the tighs and even the calor area of these figures in addition to them have the movieverse aesthetics make these alterity figures way way more like my much loved Bayformers movieverse line.
Re: New Galleries: Complete TakaraTomy Alternity Line (1497309)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 22nd, 2013 @ 10:02am CDT
Eagleblaster wrote:
omega666 wrote:Love my Alternity. Die cast and rubber wheels. They are like if G1 figures were made with todays toy technology. :grin: :grin: :grin:


I have to correct you my fellow collector. These altenity figures are absolutely nothing them square blocky g1 figures. Because of these having advanced transformations, very figity and findly parts detailing on the bare parts such as detailing on the tighs and even the calor area of these figures in addition to them have the movieverse aesthetics make these alterity figures way way more like my much loved Bayformers movieverse line.


If anything, Alternity are the spiritual descendants of the Binaltech figures: licensed vehicles, metal and rubber tires, but no Automorph. :)
Re: New Galleries: Complete TakaraTomy Alternity Line (1497315)
Posted by Atomatron on June 22nd, 2013 @ 10:43am CDT
GT is alternity, so not complete line. lies! fail!

god i wish they made new molds
Re: New Galleries: Complete TakaraTomy Alternity Line (1497345)
Posted by Va'al on June 22nd, 2013 @ 12:53pm CDT
Atomatron wrote:GT is alternity, so not complete line. lies! fail!

god i wish they made new molds


It's kind of complete, for the Alternity proper subline. :D

We do have two GT galleries up too: http://www.seibertron.com/toys/index.php?f_series_id=197&f_subgroup=&f_name=&f_type=exact
Re: New Galleries: Complete TakaraTomy Alternity Line (1497347)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 22nd, 2013 @ 12:56pm CDT
Atomatron wrote:GT is alternity, so not complete line. lies! fail!


The GT molds may be Alternity-bsed, but the storylines are not. Thus, GT =/= Alternity, and Alternity is over.
Re: New Galleries: Complete TakaraTomy Alternity Line (1497567)
Posted by Mykltron on June 23rd, 2013 @ 6:02am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Eagleblaster wrote:
omega666 wrote:Love my Alternity. Die cast and rubber wheels. They are like if G1 figures were made with todays toy technology. :grin: :grin: :grin:


I have to correct you my fellow collector. These altenity figures are absolutely nothing them square blocky g1 figures. Because of these having advanced transformations, very figity and findly parts detailing on the bare parts such as detailing on the tighs and even the calor area of these figures in addition to them have the movieverse aesthetics make these alterity figures way way more like my much loved Bayformers movieverse line.


If anything, Alternity are the spiritual descendants of the Binaltech figures: licensed vehicles, metal and rubber tires, but no Automorph. :)


Isn't the storyline actually a sequel to Binaltech?
Re: New Galleries: Complete TakaraTomy Alternity Line (1497569)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on June 23rd, 2013 @ 6:07am CDT
Mykltron wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Eagleblaster wrote:
omega666 wrote:Love my Alternity. Die cast and rubber wheels. They are like if G1 figures were made with todays toy technology. :grin: :grin: :grin:


I have to correct you my fellow collector. These altenity figures are absolutely nothing them square blocky g1 figures. Because of these having advanced transformations, very figity and findly parts detailing on the bare parts such as detailing on the tighs and even the calor area of these figures in addition to them have the movieverse aesthetics make these alterity figures way way more like my much loved Bayformers movieverse line.


If anything, Alternity are the spiritual descendants of the Binaltech figures: licensed vehicles, metal and rubber tires, but no Automorph. :)


Isn't the storyline actually a sequel to Binaltech?


Yes and no. The Alternity story, convoluted as it is, is mostly standalone. However, it is mentioned that the Alternity are descendants of the Transformers from the Binaltech branch of the G1 Universe, universal stream Primax 903.0 Beta. That's where the Premium Le Mans Blue Megatron hails from btw. ;)
Re: New Galleries: Complete TakaraTomy Alternity Line (1497677)
Posted by Optimutt on June 24th, 2013 @ 9:57am CDT
Ryan, 2 things.

1.Do you have a favorite mold of these?

2. One of the things that really stands out in this series is the vibrant colours used for the car modes. Do you have a favorite or two favorites?

How about the rest of you out there? What do you like best from this series?
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #106 - McCarthyism
Twincast / Podcast #106:
"McCarthyism"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, December 4th, 2014