New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon

Transformers News: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon

Tuesday, July 1st, 2014 12:41PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Movie News, Toy News, Site Articles
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 37,136

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Continuing to pick up on the Dinobot-palooza that is Age of Extinction, we here at Seibertron.com would like to present to the general public galleries of Dinobots! ...and a tiger. These four new entries are Dark of the Moon Dualor, Rav, Triceradon, and Catilla!

The first three are homages to Generation One Dinobots Grimlock, Swoop, and Slag, respectively, and are redecoes of Classics Mini-Cons Terrorsaur, Swoop, and Knockdown, respectively. Catilla is a redeco of fellow Classics Mini-Con Snarl. Check out the preliminary images below, and if they tickle your fancy, view the full galleries by clicking either each toy's gallery link or any of the images!

Dark of the Moon Dualor

Transformers News: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon

Transformers News: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon

Transformers News: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon


Dark of the Moon Rav

Transformers News: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon

Transformers News: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon

Transformers News: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon

Transformers News: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon


Dark of the Moon Triceradon

Transformers News: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon

Transformers News: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon

Transformers News: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon


Dark of the Moon Catilla

Transformers News: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon

Transformers News: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon

Transformers News: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon

Transformers News: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon

Transformers News: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon
Credit(s): Seibertron.com
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon (1587150)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 1st, 2014 @ 1:10pm CDT
If a Dimetrodon and Pteranodon can be accepted into the Dinobot ranks, I don't see why the same can't be true for a Smilodon.

I have Rav, and always wanted to get the others to go with Grimstone, but these guys always go for such ridiculous prices on the aftermarket. (and I thought the $6 I paid for Rav was pushing it...)
Re: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon (1587151)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 1st, 2014 @ 1:20pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:If a Dimetrodon and Pteranodon can be accepted into the Dinobot ranks, I don't see why the same can't be true for a Smilodon


Smilodonts were more famously known as Saber-Tooth Tigers (which Classics Snarl is actually not), and like Plesiosaurs and Mastodonts are also sometimes included in the Dinosaur ranks, especially back in the day.
Re: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon (1587152)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 1st, 2014 @ 1:29pm CDT
Those are looking very nice. Does anyone know if they got a release in the UK? Just to see if it would be possible for me to track them down for my own collection.

Also are these the same molds that are in the evolution two packs?
Re: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon (1587153)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 1st, 2014 @ 1:38pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Also are these the same molds that are in the evolution two packs?


Rav and Triceradon are (largely) identical to the ones in the 2-packs. Dualor and Catilla you'll have to get 2nd hand, as all 4 were Dark of the Moon and thus off the shelves.
Re: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon (1587155)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 1st, 2014 @ 1:50pm CDT
Ah thank you :) I'll have to keep an eye out for them
Re: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon (1587158)
Posted by Peridot on July 1st, 2014 @ 2:33pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Noideaforaname wrote:If a Dimetrodon and Pteranodon can be accepted into the Dinobot ranks, I don't see why the same can't be true for a Smilodon


Smilodonts were more famously known as Saber-Tooth Tigers (which Classics Snarl is actually not), and like Plesiosaurs and Mastodonts are also sometimes included in the Dinosaur ranks, especially back in the day.

Original Megazord, anyone?
Re: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon (1587186)
Posted by Zeedust on July 1st, 2014 @ 5:55pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Also are these the same molds that are in the evolution two packs?


Rav and Triceradon are (largely) identical to the ones in the 2-packs. Dualor and Catilla you'll have to get 2nd hand, as all 4 were Dark of the Moon and thus off the shelves.


I was under the impression there were no differences at all between the DotM and AoE versions of these things other than the DotM ones were sold on their own and the AoE ones came with Deluxes. (And that Rav had some QC issues with his Powerlinx socket that have been fixed for his rerelease as Strafe.) Is that accurate?
Re: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon (1587187)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 1st, 2014 @ 6:01pm CDT
Nemesis Primal wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Also are these the same molds that are in the evolution two packs?


Rav and Triceradon are (largely) identical to the ones in the 2-packs. Dualor and Catilla you'll have to get 2nd hand, as all 4 were Dark of the Moon and thus off the shelves.


I was under the impression there were no differences at all between the DotM and AoE versions of these things other than the DotM ones were sold on their own and the AoE ones came with Deluxes. (And that Rav had some QC issues with his Powerlinx socket that have been fixed for his rerelease as Strafe.) Is that accurate?


With "largely identical" I mean that the differences, if any, are minute and negligible. Rav's Powerlinx socket seems to have affected only a few runs, but I wouldn't expect them here.
Re: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon (1587189)
Posted by Seibertron on July 1st, 2014 @ 6:24pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Nemesis Primal wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
ZeroWolf wrote:Also are these the same molds that are in the evolution two packs?


Rav and Triceradon are (largely) identical to the ones in the 2-packs. Dualor and Catilla you'll have to get 2nd hand, as all 4 were Dark of the Moon and thus off the shelves.


I was under the impression there were no differences at all between the DotM and AoE versions of these things other than the DotM ones were sold on their own and the AoE ones came with Deluxes. (And that Rav had some QC issues with his Powerlinx socket that have been fixed for his rerelease as Strafe.) Is that accurate?


With "largely identical" I mean that the differences, if any, are minute and negligible. Rav's Powerlinx socket seems to have affected only a few runs, but I wouldn't expect them here.


Oh you guys know me ... there are minor differences, but mostly it comes down to slightly different shades of plastic. Comparison pics will be posted hopefully later this month as time allows. They're fairly low on the priority list at the moment. Trying to work through BotCon 2014 related galleries at the moment and then it's back to the onslaught of AOE products.
Re: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon (1587193)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 1st, 2014 @ 7:06pm CDT
Has anyone ever thought that Dualor should be repainted and retooled as BW Megatron?
Re: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon (1587212)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 1st, 2014 @ 8:39pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Has anyone ever thought that Dualor should be repainted and retooled as BW Megatron?

Yessssss...
<!-- ia2 -->G1-toy_Gnashteeth.jpg<!-- ia2 -->
<!-- ia1 -->800px-G1-toy_Chromebite.jpg<!-- ia1 -->
And Terrorsaur, too!
<!-- ia0 -->G1-toy_Reptix.jpg<!-- ia0 -->

Though the wiki tells me they were all blind-bagged Japanese-exclusives. Alas.
Re: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon (1587294)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 1st, 2014 @ 11:07pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Has anyone ever thought that Dualor should be repainted and retooled as BW Megatron?

Yessssss...
[attachment=2]G1-toy_Gnashteeth.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=1]800px-G1-toy_Chromebite.jpg[/attachment]
And Terrorsaur, too!
[attachment=0]G1-toy_Reptix.jpg[/attachment]

Though the wiki tells me they were all blind-bagged Japanese-exclusives. Alas.
Micron Booster Ver. 4, yes.

And their names are Gnashteeth, Chromebite, and Reptix (or Repticus, it's kinda iffy), respectively.
Re: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon (1587310)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on July 1st, 2014 @ 11:55pm CDT
ZeroWolf wrote:Those are looking very nice. Does anyone know if they got a release in the UK? Just to see if it would be possible for me to track them down for my own collection.

Also are these the same molds that are in the evolution two packs?


Actually they were only released on UK, I saw a lot of them in store for €3.99 in Slovakia this year (wich gets toys from UK)... Any other way to get them was through BBTS and some other online stores whenever you bought TF online they used to pack one as present, thats how I got my first one years ago. I will ask a friend to send me some pictures, Dráčik is still selling them.
Re: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon (1587674)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on July 3rd, 2014 @ 1:17pm CDT
Feast your eyes on these new galleries of figures for your viewing pleasure. To follow, you'll find Takara Tomy's Age of Extinction: Generations Movie Advanced AD14 Jolt as well as Autobot Alliance AA14 Terradive. AD14 Jolt is a repaint of the Dark of the Moon Jolt figure in his traditional ROTF blue colors and also includes two new "whip" accessories. AA14 Terradive is Takara's version of Hunt for the Decepticons Terradive which sports a dark gray plastic instead of white and also has red paint apps instead of white. Click on any of the pictures to take you to the full gallery.

Age of Extinction: Generations Jolt














Hunt For The Decepticons Terradive













Re: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon (1587676)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on July 3rd, 2014 @ 1:36pm CDT
Yes, that is indeed the Japanese version of Terradive ;) And I'm loving that Jolt :x
Re: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon (1587698)
Posted by Spider5800 on July 3rd, 2014 @ 3:29pm CDT
That Jolt looks SO MUCH BETTER in the proper colors, with proper accessories. Whoever was making the decisions with the DotM line at Hasbro needs a swift kick, with those dumb colors and MechTech weapon garbage.

Of course, one of those stupid decisions was releasing Jolt in the DotM line in the first place when he wasn't even in the movie, when characters like Soundwave and Dino didn't even get a US release, so whatever.
Re: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon (1587704)
Posted by Deadput on July 3rd, 2014 @ 4:04pm CDT
I actually liked the Dotm Jolt colors and gun


he is my evasion Jolt and i imagine that Jolt is in Aoe.


i plan to get this sometime.
Re: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon (1587748)
Posted by megatronus on July 3rd, 2014 @ 5:48pm CDT
That Terradive looks excellent. I've been on the hunt for one... that dark grey is just so much more flattering than the off-white.
Re: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon (1587751)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 3rd, 2014 @ 6:06pm CDT
megatronus wrote:I've been on the hunt for one...


Would you say you've been on the hunt for the Decepticon?

Re: New Galleries: Dark of the Moon Mini-Cons Dualor, Rav, Catilla and Triceradon (1587755)
Posted by megatronus on July 3rd, 2014 @ 6:23pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
megatronus wrote:I've been on the hunt for one...


Would you say you've been on the hunt for the Decepticon?


I absolutely KNEW that was coming :lol: