Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New galleries: Encore Seekers!

Transformers News: New galleries: Encore Seekers!

Saturday, December 20th, 2008 3:29PM CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Nekoman   Views: 30,070

The Toy Gallery section makes an update today, with Takara Tomy’s Encore Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker. To view each of the three new galleries, please click on one of the links below.

Starscream
Skywarp
Thundercracker

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

{L_IMAGE}

When you’re done, be sure to check out more great toy galleries by clicking here.
Credit(s): Seibertron
Re: New galleries: Encore Seekers! (853535)
Posted by Sabrblade on December 20th, 2008 @ 4:00pm CST

I see MP Thundercracker How soon will we be seeing his gallery?
Re: New galleries: Encore Seekers! (853538)
Posted by Chaoslock on December 20th, 2008 @ 4:04pm CST
Re: New galleries: Encore Seekers! (853557)
Posted by Dutchbot on December 20th, 2008 @ 4:43pm CST
Chaoslock wrote:I heard the stickers on the encore seekers doesn't really want to stay on, is this true or not? (I have TC and Skywarp under order, for the price that they are going, they are must buys)

It's true, some stickers don't stay on, nothing a little glue won't fix though, but it is enoying.
Re: New galleries: Encore Seekers! (853584)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on December 20th, 2008 @ 6:34pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:I see MP Thundercracker How soon will we be seeing his gallery?

Right Here. :grin:
Re: New galleries: Encore Seekers! (853596)
Posted by Stormrider on December 20th, 2008 @ 6:53pm CST
I didn't realize that Encore Starscream had a different colored cockpit until now. Cool. I am really happy that Thundercracker and Skywarp were released. It's nice to for fans to finish the seeker collection if they didn't have them before. The seeker two-pack was a good idea.
Re: New galleries: Encore Seekers! (853711)
Posted by Deathsanras on December 21st, 2008 @ 12:35am CST
It's a little curious that MP Skywarp's gallery has MP Thundercracker's "All line up of..." closeup.

http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... 1656/1/37/

P.S. TC reverse-boob FTW.

P.P.S. Screamer's cape goes in front of the wings, not behind them.

Re: New galleries: Encore Seekers! (853763)
Posted by DevastaTTor on December 21st, 2008 @ 6:18am CST
Seeing them all together in all of their glory, I may have to break down and buy the encore releases too to go with my MP and Classics sets. Beautiful galleries as always!
Re: New galleries: Encore Seekers! (853790)
Posted by Prowl1529 on December 21st, 2008 @ 8:18am CST
Has for the Masterpieces they look awesome all togheter.
Re: New galleries: Encore Seekers! (853849)
Posted by Seibertron on December 21st, 2008 @ 11:37am CST
Prowl1529 wrote:I have all of them but the boxes of the encore Starscream, Skywarp and Thundercracker are still selead so i didn't realize that there is a problem whit the stickers.
Has for the Masterpieces they look awesome all togheter.

There's not a problem with the stickers. Mine are on just fine. No issues that I could see. Stickers were applied the same as all of my other Seekers.
Re: New galleries: Encore Seekers! (854003)
Posted by fenrir72 on December 21st, 2008 @ 5:44pm CST
Thundercraker's wing insigia is paint embossed as opposed to labels for Skywarp.
Re: New galleries: Encore Seekers! (954480)
Posted by Cybertronian on July 13th, 2009 @ 9:31pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Aside from some slightly different insignia decals, and the different colored cockpit canopy on Starscream, is there really any other difference between these three and the originals?

I bought the Encore Decepticon Planes (minus Starscream; I already had the #22 reissue), and can easily tell you the differences when compared to my existing 1984-86 versions of the both (those still wearing decals, at least) to my unapplied Encore decals.
  • Thundercracker and Skywarp's knee (feet) and top-of-intake decals are different colors. TC's originals are a dark blue color, very close to his plastic's base color. SW's are a bluish violet, similar his wings' decals. The Encore sheets of both are printed in the same bluish-purple color (different from either's original blue/violet color, maybe a neutral ground?).
  • The D'Con symbols are the same (as the second issue of the Planes' symbols, with rounded top points). The Encores only have their symbols painted (with sharp outlines; making the decal insignias on the sheets welcome, but unneeded).
  • The D'Con symbols (which don't seem to have changed) were always printed in a different color from both the new and old Skywarp-exclusive (knee decals, feet decals, etc.) violet color.
  • Thundercracker's decals are missing the horizontal line which breaks up the dark blue field at the crest of the kneecap. The same line is also on (easier-to-see) Dirge decals.
  • The inside-of-the-intake decals and TC's "ribcage" decals sport a lighter, different shade of blue than the regular blue used on Thundercracker's knees.
I geniunely wish I could either find a label sheet with the sharp-cornered D'Con insignia decals, or that someone would repro them with the sharp corners. My regular Starscream and Skywarp are early-issue, single-tabbed variants who don't even have a letter on their die-cast chestplates. They're so old that only original parts will match. :sad:
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #98 - Combiner Wars