Transformers News: New Galleries: Generations IDW Deluxe Class Megatron, Orion Pax, Bumblebee and Trailcutter

Saturday, August 3rd, 2013 3:37AM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 36,479

We've seen some reviews of these figures, but it's now time to feast our eyes on some lengthy Seibertron-style galleries! Ryan has added galleries for wave 1 of the Generations Thrilling 30 line: Megatron, Orion Pax, Trailcutter and Bumblebee - click on each name for the full gallery, or on any of the images below.

Generations Megatron

Generations Orion Pax

Generations Trailcutter

Generations Bumblebee

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Deluxe Class Megatron, Orion Pax, Bumblebee and Trailcutter (1508819)
Posted by RhA on August 3rd, 2013 @ 3:39am CDT
Orion Pax and Trailcutter look good. I really need to get back into the Generations line, I've got some catching up to do.
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Deluxe Class Megatron, Orion Pax, Bumblebee and Trailcutter (1508846)
Posted by Darth Bombshell on August 3rd, 2013 @ 7:23am CDT
And here I was all set to skip Orion and Megatron...
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Deluxe Class Megatron, Orion Pax, Bumblebee and Trailcutter (1508847)
Posted by YoungPrime on August 3rd, 2013 @ 7:40am CDT
That Megatron is such a disappointment and SMDH @ Bumblebee being the tallest figure out of the wave.

Pax and Trail are bought on site but the other two are a fumbled pass.
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Deluxe Class Megatron, Orion Pax, Bumblebee and Trailcutter (1508852)
Posted by Rated X on August 3rd, 2013 @ 8:06am CDT
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Deluxe Class Megatron, Orion Pax, Bumblebee and Trailcutter (1508853)
Posted by rosewater on August 3rd, 2013 @ 8:10am CDT
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Deluxe Class Megatron, Orion Pax, Bumblebee and Trailcutter (1508855)
Posted by RhA on August 3rd, 2013 @ 8:28am CDT
rosewater wrote:The shoulders on Trailcutter are mistransformed. Rotate the silver bits up so they tab onto the side mirrors.

:lol: Crap! Redo the entire gallery!
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Deluxe Class Megatron, Orion Pax, Bumblebee and Trailcutter (1508856)
Posted by Dr Va'al on August 3rd, 2013 @ 8:31am CDT
Rated X wrote:Nice galleries as always. These figures are sitting in my pile of loot. I'm hoping someone does a G1 cartoon accurate head for Orion Pax. I'm not digging the Prime with a mouth look that IDW chose to glorify. A head to turn Bumblebee into a new character would also be welcome.

We are getting a Goldfire (read Goldbug) retool of that mold later on:

Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Deluxe Class Megatron, Orion Pax, Bumblebee and Trailcutter (1508872)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 3rd, 2013 @ 9:47am CDT
This may sound like a silly request, but is there a way to do comparison shots between Gen. Bumblebee and Classics Bumblebee? Same for Gen. Orion Pax and Classics Optimus Prime to show his evolution?
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Deluxe Class Megatron, Orion Pax, Bumblebee and Trailcutter (1508873)
Posted by Seibertron on August 3rd, 2013 @ 9:53am CDT
RhA wrote:

:lol: Crap! Redo the entire gallery!

Ack. Thanks for letting me know, rosewater. It fits together much better now.
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Deluxe Class Megatron, Orion Pax, Bumblebee and Trailcutter (1508874)
Posted by Ebonyleopard on August 3rd, 2013 @ 9:53am CDT
While I like Orion and Megatron, I'm just never crazy about any version of Prime and Megs that's not at the least Voyager. Well, that and a Bumblebee bigger than Megatron?? Bumblebees should always be Legend or cyberverse commander IMHO. That and the yellow of Bee, I'm just not feeling. He'll be the last of the set I get (because the completist in me won't let me not get him).
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Deluxe Class Megatron, Orion Pax, Bumblebee and Trailcutter (1508876)
Posted by T-Macksimus on August 3rd, 2013 @ 10:14am CDT
Ebonyleopard wrote:... That and the yellow of Bee, I'm just not feeling. He'll be the last of the set I get (because the completist in me won't let me not get him).

Glad it's not just me as far as that color goes. I was wondering if it was just how the light hit it or if it was really just that darn "loud" in color. That and the aforementioned height issue will make this one the last in the set for me as well but I will still snag him. All the others are bought on sight. I think Hasbro finally released a wave of 4 figures that I will actually look forward to picking up all of. That hasn't happened in a long time for me.
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Deluxe Class Megatron, Orion Pax, Bumblebee and Trailcutter (1508908)
Posted by Seibertron on August 3rd, 2013 @ 12:59pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:

Bumblebee, unfortunately, just is made of the obnoxious yellow color. Not the right shade. Should've been a little darker.
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Deluxe Class Megatron, Orion Pax, Bumblebee and Trailcutter (1508927)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 3rd, 2013 @ 2:21pm CDT
I'll be skipping Bumblebee as usual. Goldbug is the more interesting of the two. >:oP

Trailcutter, yes.

Orion Pax, yes, but only to give his weapons to Classics Optimus Prime. And to bolster Autobot forces on my Classics shelf. :lol:

Megatron, maybe. He's tempting. Very.
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Deluxe Class Megatron, Orion Pax, Bumblebee and Trailcutter (1508974)
Posted by Sodan-1 on August 3rd, 2013 @ 3:49pm CDT
Bumblebee the biggest of the bunch???

Boooooo!!! :-x
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Deluxe Class Megatron, Orion Pax, Bumblebee and Trailcutter (1509091)
Posted by Deathsanras on August 3rd, 2013 @ 10:46pm CDT
I was expecting to see shots of Orion Pax alongside Classics Voyager Optimus Prime (maybe the Classics Deluxe as well) and the original G1 Optimus Prime. Instead, shots alongside the unrelated FOC/Prime character. As the first original-mold Orion Pax figure, I am a bit disappointed.
Given the time between figures, I would also have thought a side-by-side of Gen Trailcutter with G1 Trailbreaker was also obvious and natural.
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Deluxe Class Megatron, Orion Pax, Bumblebee and Trailcutter (1509105)
Posted by zatara1701 on August 4th, 2013 @ 12:04am CDT
OK...

Time for my two cents for what they are worth :grin:

1)I WANT Orion Pax bought on site...looks cool, although a little more throw back to Orion Pax from G1 would've been cool. My one complaint on him is that he's supposed to be a CLERK/Librarian not a warrior...Just a little too ready for a fight ya know?

2) Trailbreaker...refuse to call him "Cutter" since I am not bound by copyright issues :lol: Wicked cool alt mode...if I can get him cheap, cool, if not ehhh

3) Bumblebee...Cool alt mode, but I am good with my Generations Legends and Deluxe I have. In regard to the STARK YELLOW color? Unfortunately guys and gals I think that has to do with the cheap-ass plastic Hasbro is using. :HEADHURTS: Looks like it was poured out of the same batch as the Prime BB Dollar Store Nonformers... God I hate seeing those things.

4) Megs...Last but not least, he looks really cool, BUT why couldn't he be DARK GREY??? I don't need him to be G1 Silver, but come on, is dark grey too much to ask for?? :BANG_HEAD: Megs just IS NOT Black to me.
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Deluxe Class Megatron, Orion Pax, Bumblebee and Trailcutter (1509110)
Posted by dj kid prophet on August 4th, 2013 @ 12:48am CDT
Bumblebee a deluxe, but the rest........VOYAGERS Hasbro! :HEADHURTS:
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Deluxe Class Megatron, Orion Pax, Bumblebee and Trailcutter (1509295)
Posted by Hip-Hoptimus Rime on August 4th, 2013 @ 8:14pm CDT
Was going to skip Orion Pax.

Looked at gallery pics.

Am now going to buy Orion Pax. That is all.
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Deluxe Class Megatron, Orion Pax, Bumblebee and Trailcutter (1509299)
Posted by Crosscheck on August 4th, 2013 @ 8:43pm CDT
Saw Bee at Target. He is the only figure in the wave I have zero desire to own. I am hoping Megatron (the figure I want most) shows up soon. I am not sure on Pax, since he looks awesome, and I only marginally want Trailbreaker (probably getting Hoist instead).
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Deluxe Class Megatron, Orion Pax, Bumblebee and Trailcutter (1509306)
Posted by MagnusPrimal on August 4th, 2013 @ 9:08pm CDT
zatara1701 wrote:OK...

Time for my two cents for what they are worth :grin:

This version of Orion Pax is a cop, not a clerk or a librarian. And he is ready for a fight. I think I actually like him as Pax better than Prime.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #144 - Don't Touch That Dial