New Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker

Transformers News: New Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker

Saturday, August 17th, 2013 4:56AM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 28,460

Ryan has been working on some more galleries over the last few days, and we can finally add two more to the ever-growing Seibertron database: Generations Deluxe Hoist and Thundercracker! Check out some images below, and click on them for the full galleries - and don't forget to check out the previous Generations Spotlight toys too.

Generations Hoist

New Seibertron Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker

New Seibertron Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker

New Seibertron Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker

Generations Thundercracker

New Seibertron Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker

New Seibertron Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker

New Seibertron Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker (1512303)
Posted by Seibertron on August 17th, 2013 @ 8:14am CDT
Thanks Va'al!

I added a few pictures this morning to Hoist's gallery. I forgot to do some pics of Hoist with his buddy Grapple (*ahem* Solar Storm Grappel) so those pics were added early this morning. Enjoy!

Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker (1512310)
Posted by Rated X on August 17th, 2013 @ 8:53am CDT
Looks great. But that add on set is really gonna help Hoist ;)
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker (1512326)
Posted by ~Oceans Moons~ on August 17th, 2013 @ 11:28am CDT
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker (1512327)
Posted by Mkall on August 17th, 2013 @ 11:30am CDT
I'm more interested in Hoist than I am Trailbreaker. He just looks awesome.
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker (1512340)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 17th, 2013 @ 1:04pm CDT
I need them. Thundercracker especially.

As much as I want these out now, hopefully it will be another month or two down the road before they pop up. I have yet to see the first wave of the Generations: Thrilling 30 toys.
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker (1512341)
Posted by Seibertron on August 17th, 2013 @ 1:08pm CDT
~Oceans Moons~ wrote:Finally a Hoist figure! Now I will wait for Hound. Please Hasbro release a new Hound figure.

Welcome to Seibertron.com, ~Oceans Moons~! Hasbro released a Hound figure about 5 years ago.

Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker (1512342)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 17th, 2013 @ 1:10pm CDT

There already is one, in two flavors:

Left is US Universe 2008 Hound, Right is Henkei Hound.
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker (1512348)
Posted by Metrosuplex on August 17th, 2013 @ 1:44pm CDT
Anyone disappointed by Trailbreaker? I love the mold design, but the transformation kind of sucks. :BANG_HEAD: It's too tight, and doesn't transform all that clean. Not to mention the general small-ness of the truck. :roll: It's really too bad Trailbreaker couldn't be released years ago, and slightly larger.

But anyway, it does not transform well for me. The arms don't seem to tuck into the truck too well. #-o
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker (1512351)
Posted by Metrosuplex on August 17th, 2013 @ 2:02pm CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

There already is one, in two flavors:

Maybe he wants a Commander-class hound? With the new scale on Megatron and Starscream, everything is just screwed up... :BANG_HEAD:

I'm not a big fan of the new scale... It does not merge well with the old toys. #-o
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker (1512356)
Posted by RAcast on August 17th, 2013 @ 2:57pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

There already is one, in two flavors:

The Seekers do just fine, since the Classics Seekers are so short anyway. :lol:
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker (1512363)
Posted by Ultra Markus on August 17th, 2013 @ 3:38pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

There already is one, in two flavors:

a generations G1 inspired Arcee would be nice
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker (1512379)
Posted by Metrosuplex on August 17th, 2013 @ 5:20pm CDT
Ultra Markus wrote:
a generations G1 inspired Arcee would be nice

Cue someone informing you of Energon Arcee some XX years ago... :roll:

I really doubt any G1 character will make the new release list, other than SS, Megatron, BB, and Optimus.

("Correction! Some other G1's were actually previewed at Botcon and SDCC! Heh huh heh huh!" :-B )

Yeah, I know, but my point is that Hasbro has a very narrow focus lately. Remolds of BB and Optimus in 5 more scales is far more likely than a G1 Arcee! :roll: But hey, some loyal Hasbro-ites believe in miracles! :grin: :michaelbay:
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker (1512380)
Posted by Mindmaster on August 17th, 2013 @ 5:24pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:
a generations G1 inspired Arcee would be nice

Cue someone informing you of Energon Arcee some XX years ago... :roll:

The only Generation One inspiration we got in Energon Arcee was her traditional colors, and her feminine build.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Generations Arcee. Hell, the War for Cybertron design is straight-up Arcee.
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker (1512381)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 17th, 2013 @ 5:31pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:Yeah, I know, but my point is that Hasbro has a very narrow focus lately. Remolds of BB and Optimus in 5 more scales is far more likely than a G1 Arcee! :roll:

Hey, gotta keep the kiddos pleased too, you know? >:oP

[quote]But hey, some loyal Hasbro-ites believe in miracles! :grin: :michaelbay:[/quote]

Never hurts to dream :) In the 6 to 7 years of the total Classics-range (Classics, Universe, Generations) we've yet to see repeated upgrades. And now that Hasbro's dipping into the more risky and obscure, we should get Arcee sooner or later.

Mental Note: Bug IDW until they include Arcee into their current range. Extreme methods may be necessary
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker (1512387)
Posted by Ultra Markus on August 17th, 2013 @ 5:53pm CDT
Metrosuplex wrote:
Ultra Markus wrote:
a generations G1 inspired Arcee would be nice

Cue someone informing you of Energon Arcee some XX years ago... :roll:

uh yeah.. i already know and have energon arcee and that does not fit a generations arcee. the animated arcee makes a better G1 arcee than the energon one. i'm talking like they have done for hoist or springer something along the lines like their doing now... give her figure a damn car mode for once.
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker (1512399)
Posted by RiddlerJ on August 17th, 2013 @ 7:25pm CDT
The iGear Delicate Warrior is still the best G1 Arcee in my book. It would be nice if Hasbro released one, but I'm not climbing the wall, waiting for her since I picked up the iGear. Plus the Hasbro version will probably be the IDW take which I'm not all that keen on.

Hoist and Thundercracker are already ordered. I have Starscream and Skywarp so it'd be nice to complete the trio without the headaches that came with getting the Classics trio complete.

I do wish Hoist came with a more elaborate towing apparatus that turned into his wings but it's not a big deal. I probably won't pick up the third party wings.
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker (1512453)
Posted by Dyn@mo on August 18th, 2013 @ 2:59am CDT
Christ, those Seekers are disgusting. The worst aspects of movie Starscream spliced together with a clunky attempt at a G1 Seeker silhouette. Very nasty.
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker (1512461)
Posted by RhA on August 18th, 2013 @ 5:10am CDT
Keep the seeker, gimme Hoist.
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker (1512466)
Posted by steve2275 on August 18th, 2013 @ 6:14am CDT
cool
Re: New Galleries: Generations IDW Hoist and Thundercracker (1512518)
Posted by ~Oceans Moons~ on August 18th, 2013 @ 11:52am CDT
To Seibertron, JelZe GoldRabbit and Metrosuplex.

Thank you for thinking about helping me. Sorry I didn't specify, but I already know about the two different Hound figures. I was just hoping for a newer one to be released...since well every time I find the older models from 5 years ago they're too expensive. Oh and I'm a girl by the way XD. I apologize for re-posting stuff or anything being posted on a different area here on Seibertron.com. I'm still trying to figure things out on this site. :BANG_HEAD:

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem