Transformers News: New Galleries: Generations Leader Class Jetfire and Cybertron Con 2013 Henkei Jetfire

Thursday, August 28th, 2014 4:55PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 32,639

Are you ready to rumble? Seibertron.com is proud to present the first Transformers Leader class of the Generations line, part of the Thrilling 30 Anniversary monicker: the Autobot that wasn´t to begin with, Jetfire! Check out the impressive gallery by clicking on any of the images below, and compare it to the Cybertron Con Henkei version too, all below for your enjoyment.

Generations Jetfire

Transformers Henkei Jetfire

Re: New Galleries: Generations Leader Class Jetfire and Cybertron Con 2013 Henkei Jetfire (1602544)
Posted by RotorstormNZ on August 28th, 2014 @ 5:11pm CDT

Otherwise he looks great - cool jetmode, nice G1-ish bot mode. I love the comparison shots, his size has made me lose interest in Classic Jetfire entirely. A gorgeous figure shot very well.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Leader Class Jetfire and Cybertron Con 2013 Henkei Jetfire (1602571)
Posted by Emerje on August 28th, 2014 @ 8:01pm CDT
Definitely getting the new Jetfire, but he's going to need some Reprolables to do something about those stark white legs. I don't know how in 2014 they can release a figure with so little paint like that. If he lacks paint because of all that chrome then I would much prefer the paint details.

Emerje
Re: New Galleries: Generations Leader Class Jetfire and Cybertron Con 2013 Henkei Jetfire (1602575)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on August 28th, 2014 @ 8:17pm CDT

Re: New Galleries: Generations Leader Class Jetfire and Cybertron Con 2013 Henkei Jetfire (1602577)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 28th, 2014 @ 8:30pm CDT
BERSEKAEL wrote:Is there any version with plain red instead of chrome? I will get one, fit perfect in scale with metroplex and legion class
Yes. There are two options for a version with plain red instead of chrome.

Option 1: Simply remove the chrome from the Hasbro version, as there is plain red plastic underneath it.

Option 2: The Takara version in the Transformers: Legends toyline has no chrome.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Leader Class Jetfire and Cybertron Con 2013 Henkei Jetfire (1602588)
Posted by fenrir72 on August 28th, 2014 @ 9:25pm CDT
RotorstormNZ wrote:I must admit I wasn't overly impressed when the first stock photos of Jetfire came out but now I'm seriously considering him. These photos have me all excited! The only niggling doubt I have is the chrome on ALL his weapons...not a fan at all.

Get it don't just consider.............you won't be sorry. Chrome is just a minute nuisance.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Leader Class Jetfire and Cybertron Con 2013 Henkei Jetfire (1602613)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on August 29th, 2014 @ 1:11am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Yes. There are two options for a version with plain red instead of chrome.

oooh, you are right Sabrblade! I will go for it. SOLD! 8)

Re: New Galleries: Generations Leader Class Jetfire and Cybertron Con 2013 Henkei Jetfire (1602638)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on August 29th, 2014 @ 6:31am CDT

Cartoon accurate sizes.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Leader Class Jetfire and Cybertron Con 2013 Henkei Jetfire (1602640)
Posted by frogbat on August 29th, 2014 @ 6:39am CDT
I caved in and got him in spite of my misgivings and my love for the original generations toy. Think I'll call one jetfire and the other skyfire.

He is a much better figure in hand and am enjoying him more than I thought. If ayone can get him without chrome I'd recommend it because no matter how hard I try, I can't get past how garish it is!. Other quibbles include the non retractable rear landing gear! A pet peeve of mine and something I'd expect to be present in a leader class jet. Also, te original generation's figure jetpack offered more playability. Otherwise he's got 2 gorgeous modes - an excellent robot homage to the cartoon version and an excellent alt mode homage to the toy (though I think most of us would've preferred a show accurate version of the alt mode too).

I was given a robotech re issue to play with the other day which was basically the same mould as the g1 jetfire... the fact he had so much die cast pieces and also retractable (spring loaded) landing gear makes one ponder about the amount of toy / quality we get for the money we spend today.

btw, not sure but are the feet full extended properly in those pics?
Re: New Galleries: Generations Leader Class Jetfire and Cybertron Con 2013 Henkei Jetfire (1602646)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 29th, 2014 @ 7:18am CDT
frogbat wrote:If ayone can get him without chrome I'd recommend it because no matter how hard I try, I can't get past how garish it is!.
Remove the chrome, then. He still looks good without it.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Leader Class Jetfire and Cybertron Con 2013 Henkei Jetfire (1602650)
Posted by frogbat on August 29th, 2014 @ 7:33am CDT
Re: New Galleries: Generations Leader Class Jetfire and Cybertron Con 2013 Henkei Jetfire (1602657)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 29th, 2014 @ 8:12am CDT
frogbat wrote:yeah was thinking of doing something even painting them black and red like the japanese version, however i'm not very goods with arts and crafts..
Taking the chrome off is easier than painting over it. All it takes is a little bathing:

To get him naked (not my pics, btw):

Re: New Galleries: Generations Leader Class Jetfire and Cybertron Con 2013 Henkei Jetfire (1602659)
Posted by frogbat on August 29th, 2014 @ 8:17am CDT
thnx for the link - will check it out... yay for youtube these days
Re: New Galleries: Generations Leader Class Jetfire and Cybertron Con 2013 Henkei Jetfire (1602666)
Posted by ScottyP on August 29th, 2014 @ 9:12am CDT

So what's the verdict on this guy? Fun to transform? Sturdy? Hollow?
Re: New Galleries: Generations Leader Class Jetfire and Cybertron Con 2013 Henkei Jetfire (1602672)
Posted by Seibertron on August 29th, 2014 @ 10:02am CDT
ScottyP wrote:It's amazing how well the G1 alt mode holds up. May still be the best looking of the three!

So what's the verdict on this guy? Fun to transform? Sturdy? Hollow?

It seems like an overall great toy for me. My biggest gripes on this toy is a bit of the obvious hollowness (particularly the wings, which would have been OK hollow if they flipped around somehow) and the chrome (which can be rectified easily if you want to remove it yourself or just get the Takara version). The rear landing gear not folding away is also a bit annoying on a higher priced figure like this (acceptable on Mini-cons and Scout class figures, and maybe deluxes, but not on Voyagers and Leaders).

On that note, while I do like the toy, I guess I don't understand why they don't just give us Skyfire. That's the toy I want. I wish they would have done away with the realistic looking jet and just given us this toy in robot mode but with the cartoon jet mode. That would have made me happy.

I'm fine with distancing ourselves from the Macross Super Valkyrie look as much as possible, which seems like it'd make another company happy as well. The only carryover from the Macross mode I like is giving him a helmet to give you a head that kind of sort of looks like the Macross toy. I think they pulled that feature off very well on the new Generations Jetfire toy.

Maybe Masterpiece Jetfire/Skyfire can have the cartoon robot and jet mode. That'd make me a pretty happy Transformers collector. Fingers crossed!

<!-- ia0 -->TUD2_Skyfire_catches_Autobots.jpg<!-- ia0 -->

<!-- ia1 -->352px-G1Jetfire_MarvelTFU.jpg<!-- ia1 -->
Re: New Galleries: Generations Leader Class Jetfire and Cybertron Con 2013 Henkei Jetfire (1602674)
Posted by ScottyP on August 29th, 2014 @ 10:11am CDT
Re: New Galleries: Generations Leader Class Jetfire and Cybertron Con 2013 Henkei Jetfire (1602676)
Posted by Seibertron on August 29th, 2014 @ 10:25am CDT
ScottyP wrote:I'm ok if they save Skyfire for the MP treatment. That third party one is so close, but still so far away.

Can you link to the 3rd party one? I'm curious to see it.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Leader Class Jetfire and Cybertron Con 2013 Henkei Jetfire (1602679)
Posted by ScottyP on August 29th, 2014 @ 10:37am CDT
Seibertron wrote:

Can you link to the 3rd party one? I'm curious to see it.

Sure. By most accounts, it's pretty junky in hand: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/prod ... ode=retail
Re: New Galleries: Generations Leader Class Jetfire and Cybertron Con 2013 Henkei Jetfire (1602685)
Posted by BERSEKAEL on August 29th, 2014 @ 11:38am CDT
thanks again Sabrblade for the video on how to remove chrome, I will go for it, I love the black weapon too, does anyone knows where did they get that weapon?

and about size comparison, I find "Daca Toys Kronos" better for generations, but... this new jetfire match very well with legion class

and I feel the same for metroplex compared to legion class, hehe...I just can't wait to have Jetfire on my hands :CON:

Re: New Galleries: Generations Leader Class Jetfire and Cybertron Con 2013 Henkei Jetfire (1602698)
Posted by shajaki on August 29th, 2014 @ 1:29pm CDT
im planning on buying both hasbros and takaras. while i dont find chrome as offensive as the average fan, ill agree it doesnt suit this jetfire.

what im hoping for is a third party to make "cover up" pieces for his hollow bits. id like to have a jetfire and a skyfire.

my takara guy will be armoured up sans chrome, wearing his battle mask ala jetfire.

my hasbro guy will be mask-less and armour-less ala skyfire. only hope like i said, is cover-up pieces.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Leader Class Jetfire and Cybertron Con 2013 Henkei Jetfire (1602949)
Posted by WildclawPrime on August 30th, 2014 @ 5:23pm CDT
I know people are complaining about the chrome on Jetfire, but it's not THAT big of a deal. IF you have the money, you can always order the Takara version. To me, this new Jetfire still looks amazing, and just like the Classics figure, Hasbro did an amazing job of combining the looks from the original figure (the Macross/Robotech Valkyrie that was used) and the G1 cartoon. And I think overall, this is much better looking than the Classics figure. :D

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering