Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector

Transformers News: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector

Friday, May 16th, 2014 7:27PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 24,961

You've seen the gallery of Tailgate with his partner Groundbuster, but are you ready for their wavemates? That's right, it's new gallery time, and this guy's a little heavy on the electrons! Seibertron.com is excited to add to its renown galleries Generations Legends-class Skrapnel with Reflector!

Skrapnel is a modern update of Generation One Shrapnel (renamed due to licensing and trademark reasons), and Reflector not only transforms into his iconic camera mode, but also a weapon for Skrapnel to wield and cause mayhem among the Autobots. Fans of the original Generation One toyline will recognize Reflector's weapon mode as the same weapon the original Shrapnel's toy had. Take a quick glance below, and click any of the images to be taken to each figure's respective gallery should you want to view more:

Generations Skrapnel

Transformers News: Re: New Galleries: Transformers Generations from Hasbro and Takara Tomy

Generations Reflector

Credit(s): Seibertron.com
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1574796)
Posted by RiddlerJ on May 16th, 2014 @ 7:41pm CDT
He's eating all the energon cubes! Somebody stop him!
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1574798)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on May 16th, 2014 @ 7:48pm CDT
Skrapnel's camera of doom! :lol: :lol:

Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1574800)
Posted by Shockwave7 on May 16th, 2014 @ 8:22pm CDT
Can't wait for this one. Hope he comes out soon - and that they have plans to do Bombshell and Kickback...
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1574805)
Posted by Super Megatron on May 16th, 2014 @ 8:50pm CDT
This isn't Reflector per se - more like Viewfinder.

That said, I'm really impressed with the weapon mode - it actually looks like the G1 version of Shrapnel's weapon.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1574816)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 16th, 2014 @ 10:23pm CDT
Hope to find Skrapnel, I'm a sucker for bug-formers and he'd go great with Chop Shop, the Prime Insecticon, and the upcoming Venin/Bugly. Even if they don't make the other Insecticons (which unfortunately seems likely at this point), he'll still have plenty of bug buds to hang out with.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1574818)
Posted by MGrotusque on May 16th, 2014 @ 10:29pm CDT
Shrapnel is absolutely fantastic! They kept him G1 size but upped the articulation and detail and it works.

A bit of an odd pairing with Reflector but hey....why not right?

I found Generations Cosmos today and i was just about to give up altogether. Now i gotta get all tense again waiting/hunting for this guy now. :roll: will it ever end..... ;)
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1574911)
Posted by MGrotusque on May 17th, 2014 @ 9:34am CDT
It's unfortunate that Reflector in bot mode appears to have a "super deformed" set of a certain part of the male anatomy between his legs and dragging on the floor. That's unfortunate. #-o
I'm sorry....but once i saw that i couldn't unsee it.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1574913)
Posted by paul053 on May 17th, 2014 @ 9:43am CDT
Now I want Sharpnel. He looks very good. But that makes my FOC Kickback look so........ out of scale.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1575039)
Posted by shajaki on May 17th, 2014 @ 7:22pm CDT
i was completely not sold on shrapnel. i dont know why, but these pics have completely turned me around. im really into him! id buy him just for the camera even. cant wait!
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1575176)
Posted by Diem on May 18th, 2014 @ 12:37pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1575405)
Posted by shajaki on May 19th, 2014 @ 11:23am CDT
Diem wrote:Personally this Shrapnel is a huge turn off. I am a huge fan of the original and this one utterly rubs me the wrong way. Not sure if it's the small head, the over-sized canary yellow chest panel or the shade of purple on the arms and feet. I'll still get him but articulation aside he feels like a downgrade from the original.
i didnt like him initially either. id say wait for the takara one, but who knows what theyre doing these days...
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1575425)
Posted by Seibertron on May 19th, 2014 @ 12:05pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1575439)
Posted by Diem on May 19th, 2014 @ 1:02pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I really like Skrapnel. The only issue I have with it is the yellow chest. I would've really like to have seen them do the translucent yellow chest that could fit a small energon cube. Something along those lines would've made me really pleased. I also understand why they didn't do that, because of costs, but it would've still been pretty cool. Other than that, I think this is a great update to one of my favorite G1 toys. Here's hoping Bombshell and Kickback get the same treatment.

A transparent chest with a cavity would have been best.
A slightly darker yellow or use of darker yellow paint apps to suggest depth would have been nice too.
A better shape even, rather than it taking up his whole chest would have been a good step.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1575460)
Posted by Noideaforaname on May 19th, 2014 @ 1:37pm CDT
Yeah, the chest could stand to be broken up a bit more. As it is now, it's just a solid square of yellow. Something like this would've helped a lot:
legends-skrapnel-136.jpg

Have these guys been spotted anywhere yet? I finally found Swerve and Cosmos at my store the other day, so now the other Legends don't feel like a far-off fantasy anymore.
Then again I have no idea how AoE will affect these...
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1577121)
Posted by Tresob on May 25th, 2014 @ 11:20pm CDT
As others have noted, the Reflector-gun is just brilliant...I hadn't realized how it took the shape of the original blaster. Well-played, toy designers, well-played! Now if I can just find one at a reasonable price...
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1581351)
Posted by mooncake623 on June 12th, 2014 @ 12:50am CDT
Ryan's at it again! Working long and hard to bring you the best and most in-dept picture reviews out there. This time Seibertron.com is proud to present his latest work with new galleries of Generations Deluxe Rattrap and Tankor. Both are brand new molds on old favorites from Beast wars and Beast Machines.

Generations Rattrap

Generations Tankor

Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1581452)
Posted by DeceptiCobra on June 12th, 2014 @ 8:55am CDT
Whoa! Didn't know Tankor was that short!
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1581492)
Posted by Siger on June 12th, 2014 @ 10:45am CDT
This must be the legion size Tankor because Rattrap is smaller than Tankor's foot LOLZ:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1581496)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 12th, 2014 @ 11:02am CDT
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1581507)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 12th, 2014 @ 11:43am CDT
Siger wrote:I like how Tankor is smaller than Rattrap. He would have been so much easier to defeat in beast machines at that size. :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Picture an Autobot or Decepticon standing in that image along with everybody else.

We don't need a bigger Tankor. We need Cyberverse Maximals and Predacons, not giant Deluxes and Voyager (unless they make one for Optimal Optimus).

Noideaforaname wrote:They put all this love and effort into the Beast Wars gang --getting them in approximate scale, making them look awesome, designing Rattrap in a way that lets him stand up in rat mode-- but when they get to the Beast Machines guy it's like "whatevs, he's not orange-and-black this time, that's good enough."
Rattrap? Approximate scale? The toy comes all the way up to Dinobot's chest!

Compare:

This is one of those cases where the original mold wins the scale proportions.

Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1581650)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 12th, 2014 @ 6:14pm CDT
"Approximate." Rattrap's still the short one.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1581653)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 12th, 2014 @ 6:20pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:"Approximate." Rattrap's still the short one.
Barely. He's taller than the Optimus Primal figure seen in the above pics.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1581669)
Posted by Siger on June 12th, 2014 @ 7:16pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1581754)
Posted by ~Nightphoenix~ on June 13th, 2014 @ 3:46am CDT
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1581850)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 13th, 2014 @ 1:21pm CDT
Screaming_star91 wrote:Can it be purchased from a local retail store (such as Wal-Mart) for a reasonable price? :-? :???:

If you think $10-15 (depending on where you live) is reasonable, yes.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1581881)
Posted by ~Nightphoenix~ on June 13th, 2014 @ 2:48pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:If you think $10-15 (depending on where you live) is reasonable, yes.

Perfect (Dinobot & Rattrap were always my favorite BW's characters), that's just my price range. Thank you! :APPLAUSE:
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1581922)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 13th, 2014 @ 6:22pm CDT
Screaming_star91 wrote:

Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1581975)
Posted by ~Nightphoenix~ on June 13th, 2014 @ 10:16pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote: All you have to do now is FIND them since no store that isn't online seems to be getting these in.

True, I'll just have to wait, It might take a few months but I refuse to pay anymore than $15.00. [-(
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1582012)
Posted by Seibertron on June 14th, 2014 @ 1:43am CDT
Siger wrote:Well yeah I already thought Rattrap was way too big and Tankor way too small from the first reveal pics. The rat mode was almost as big as Voyager Rhinox's rhino mode. Man that's a big scary rat! You are right about not needing a voyager size Tankor, or in fact anymore Tankors. It's not an interesting or a good looking TF overall. Why not a better Cheetor or a transmetal one first? Why not a new Dinobot to go along with the new movie Dinowave?

Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1582017)
Posted by Seibertron on June 14th, 2014 @ 1:56am CDT
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1582026)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on June 14th, 2014 @ 2:42am CDT
Seibertron wrote:I feel bad that everyone is hating on Tankor. I really like the toy! I think it's a great update to a character that really hasn't had a cartoon accurate toy before. Sure I'd love a Voyager, Ultra or Leader Class scaled Tankor but that's just not realistic. In the meantime I'll take this fantastic update that is very poseable and lots of fun. Kudos to Hasbro for keeping the fires lit for this character. Any time they'd like to throw Beast Machines Thrust and Jetstorm some Generations love, I'll be right there to support them. Deluxe Class and all!

I genuinely would love a neo-classic Beast Machines Thrust and Jetstorm
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1582086)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 14th, 2014 @ 8:31am CDT
I think the robot mode is fantastically show-accurate.

The tank mode, however, is more show-accurate on the original Basic class Tank Drone figure (and moreso on its Beast Wars Returns Vehicon Tankor redeco).

Though, I understand why the tank mode is lacking the show-accuracy department, as it looks like they tried to replicate the cartoon model's transformation to tank mode without any of the cheating the CGI model uses, using only parts that appear in the toy's robot mode as they appear in its robot mode, instead of trying to simulate the slight morphing that his cartoon transformation undergoes when converting robot mode to tank mode. The result is a tank mode that appears to be made from the robot mode's parts arranged in how they ought to be for the tank mode, but since that isn't what the tank mode looked like in the cartoon (again, thanks to the slight morphing of the CGI model), the tank mode isn't as show-accurate as it attempted to be.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1582158)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 14th, 2014 @ 11:16am CDT
I really want to like Tankor, but his short stature really turns me off. Had he been a Voyager, I would've been all for it.

And yes, updates for Thrust and Jetstorm would be much appreciated.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1588419)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 7th, 2014 @ 6:01am CDT
It was 2006 and we had just witnessed the end of Transformers Cybertron, the final piece of the long running Unicron Trilogy, and we were waiting for Michael Bay's first Transformers movie. We were all excited because we didn't know what the future held, but we were just bursting at the seams. Shortly after the shock and awe of the mention of the upcoming film, we all wondered "Wait, what filler line will take over in Cybertron's place?"

We lovingly call that "filler" line Transformers Classics.

Little did we know, it started a sweeping movement, a rebirth of what had come before. Before we could look to the future, Hasbro went back to the past and brought us these really nice updates of some of our favorite characters/figures. One of those updated characters was Optimus Prime, of course. Who knew eight years later that the Optimus mold would have so many uses? (10 as of right now!)

Which brings us to our newest galleries: Henkei Convoy Clear Version (AKA Crystal Convoy, the former is the official moniker, while the latter came from the fans. I think Crystal fits better) and United Ultra Magnus!

Click any of the images below to be taken to the full galleries:

Transformers United Ultra Magnus

Transformers Henkei Convoy Clear Version (Crystal Convoy)

Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1588422)
Posted by mirageandjazz1197 on July 7th, 2014 @ 6:16am CDT
There are not enough repaints of this mold we need 50 more!!!
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1588438)
Posted by megatronus on July 7th, 2014 @ 7:51am CDT
I hope Cloud Prime goes on sale sometime soon. Would love to pick that version of regular red & blue OP up.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1588445)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 7th, 2014 @ 8:39am CDT
mirageandjazz1197 wrote:There are not enough repaints of this mold we need 50 more!!!
With the toy-accurate Evolution 2-Pack version coming soon, that's one down, 49 more to go. 8-}
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1588476)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 7th, 2014 @ 12:15pm CDT
Your average truck stop.
Hopefully, this mold doesn't get as annoying as the Classics Starscream.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1588477)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 7th, 2014 @ 12:17pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Hopefully, this mold doesn't get as annoying as the Classics Starscream.

There's no such thing as "too many Seekers". :michaelbay:
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1588488)
Posted by megatronus on July 7th, 2014 @ 12:38pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

There's no such thing as "too many Seekers". :michaelbay:

I have 10 Seekers. I really think it's enough...

For the Classics mold, that is! Bring on more Seekers! :KREMZEEK:
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1588489)
Posted by ZeroWolf on July 7th, 2014 @ 12:38pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:

There's no such thing as "too many Seekers". :michaelbay:

That is very true, I love the seeker mold, and there should be enough for an army :twisted:

Plus with the fact that there is so many prime mold usages, I can get a hold of one :)
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1588490)
Posted by Sabrblade on July 7th, 2014 @ 12:39pm CDT
OptimalOptimus2 wrote:Your average truck stop.
Hopefully, this mold doesn't get as annoying as the Classics Starscream.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1588491)
Posted by shajaki on July 7th, 2014 @ 12:43pm CDT
dems alot of convoys.

united magnus is bittersweet though. im assuming most people would be buying it for the city commander, but those white legs and silver thighs kinda ruin it. which sucks because hes much nicer than classics UM. s'ok with me though since i have both.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1588494)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on July 7th, 2014 @ 12:52pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:There's no such thing as "too many Seekers". :michaelbay:

Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1588496)
Posted by megatronus on July 7th, 2014 @ 1:09pm CDT
shajaki wrote:dems alot of convoys.

I never had City Commander, and at this point, I wouldn't buy it. The set's somewhat outdated. I have United Magnus for the sole purpose of being White Magnus, and to serve as a nice counterpoint to United Black Optimus.

I'm surprised no one has come up with Nova/Nemesis winged backpacks for either of those guys.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1588503)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on July 7th, 2014 @ 2:08pm CDT
Only have 4 of these myself, would have been 5 if I didn't sell my Classics when I got the Henkei.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1588536)
Posted by Nemesis Maximo on July 7th, 2014 @ 7:10pm CDT
I really love this mold. I'm very much looking forward to the Evolution 2-Pack coming soon. Needs me a Classics O.P.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1588539)
Posted by durroth on July 7th, 2014 @ 7:27pm CDT
We've got a little ol' cooooonvoy rockin through the night...
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1588643)
Posted by SJ21 on July 8th, 2014 @ 6:47am CDT
I love this mold. It's one of my favorites to display and play with. I will be picking up the AOE two pack of Prime when it comes out.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Skrapnel and Reflector (1588779)
Posted by LOST Cybertronian on July 8th, 2014 @ 2:55pm CDT
The newest update to our ever expanding galleries takes the form of a couple Beast Wars favorites from Takara Tomy. You can see them here compared to their Hasbro counterparts.

TG-30 Waspinator is a Deluxe Class figure that features a darker metallic green than his Hasbro counterpart. That dark metallic green is highlighted by a metallic gold as opposed to Hasbro's yellow.

TG-31 Rinox is a Voyager Class figure that has a bronze colored hide when compared to the Hasbro figure.

Click on any of the images below to view the complete gallery.

Transformers Generations Rhinox

Transformers Generations Waspinator

Click here to view an additional 120 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #101 - Talkin' 'Bout My Generations
"Talkin' 'Bout My Generations"
Posted: Sunday, September 21st, 2014