New Galleries: Generations Legends Swerve with Flanker and Cosmos with Payload

Transformers News: New Galleries: Generations Legends Swerve with Flanker and Cosmos with Payload

Thursday, February 13th, 2014 3:37PM CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Mindmaster   Views: 18,406

Courtesy of big man Seibertron himself, Seibertron.com is pleased to present our most recent gallery uploads, the much awaited Generations Legends-class Swerve and his partner Flanker, and Cosmos and his partner Payload!

The much-loved chatty bartender is a faithful reproduction in robot mode, while the vehicle mode is a truck with aesthetics resembling a truck from Earth, whereas Cosmos is a new design that reflects his original Generation One self, but with some IDW aesthetics thrown in the mix. Their pack-in partners, Flanker and Payload, are actually homages to Autobot Micromasters Sky High and Blast Master (who no longer forms the back end of a shuttle), respectively.

Generations Swerve

Generations Flanker

Generations Cosmos

Generations Payload

Credit(s): Seibertron.com
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Swerve with Flanker and Cosmos with Payload (1550358)
Posted by It Is Him on February 13th, 2014 @ 3:55pm CST
How can I get these, too? There aren't even preorders yet.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Swerve with Flanker and Cosmos with Payload (1550372)
Posted by jamarmiller on February 13th, 2014 @ 4:53pm CST
yeah, so weird I cant find these anywhere to order
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Swerve with Flanker and Cosmos with Payload (1550376)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on February 13th, 2014 @ 4:56pm CST
Despite being cool, I'm bummed by the micromaster homages. Are these really worth the several extra dollars? Or a better question, are these the best things to be included with Cosmos and Swerve?
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Swerve with Flanker and Cosmos with Payload (1550378)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 13th, 2014 @ 4:56pm CST
RobotKingdom briefly had them back in December.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Swerve with Flanker and Cosmos with Payload (1550388)
Posted by It Is Him on February 13th, 2014 @ 5:19pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:RobotKingdom briefly had them back in December.

You're kidding.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Swerve with Flanker and Cosmos with Payload (1550389)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 13th, 2014 @ 5:27pm CST
It Is Him wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:RobotKingdom briefly had them back in December.

You're kidding.
Negatory.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Swerve with Flanker and Cosmos with Payload (1550397)
Posted by Seibertron on February 13th, 2014 @ 5:49pm CST

I bought Cosmos from http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574891718&toolid=10001&campid=5336631220&customid=transformers&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fitm%2F310852137789%3Fss%20...%201439.l2649%3C%2Fa%3E

and Swerve from

They arrived very quickly. I bought them on February 5th and had them in had 6 days later on the 11th.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Swerve with Flanker and Cosmos with Payload (1550400)
Posted by megatronus on February 13th, 2014 @ 6:07pm CST
Thanks for putting galleries of these up for us! Swerve is great, but Cosmos is just stunning :x

My only qualm with these new Legends is that not all of them have head articulation. To the extent that Starscream and 'Bee can only look forward, the other articulation is awkward when trying to pose them dynamically.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Swerve with Flanker and Cosmos with Payload (1550402)
Posted by It Is Him on February 13th, 2014 @ 6:12pm CST
Seibertron wrote:I over paid for them on eBay ($68.98 shipped) so that I could bring all of you galleries in time for Toy Fair 2014 and to give me some breathing room with galleries so that I can work on some of the backlog next week (namely Go! and G1 Powermasters).

and Swerve from

Good for you for doing that and planning ahead. Looks like ill be overpaying as well in Marxh when I can squeeze them in my budget.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Swerve with Flanker and Cosmos with Payload (1550409)
Posted by kirbenvost on February 13th, 2014 @ 6:36pm CST

However, the lack of preorders anywhere worries me a lot. I really hope this doesn't mean they may become the latest 'Cancelled Wave Casualties'. Years later we still have no Scout Rumble & Frenzy, and I'd hate for the same thing to happen to these guys.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Swerve with Flanker and Cosmos with Payload (1550416)
Posted by spiderbob007 on February 13th, 2014 @ 6:56pm CST
Seibertron wrote:I over paid for them on eBay ($68.98 shipped)

Yikes!! I hope you can write that expense off on your taxes.

Hasbro needs to get with it, they're just leaving money on the table. The shelves at all the major retailers are devoid of any Transformers besides Beast Hunters and Construct-Bots. Don't they know there's another Baytastic film rolling into a cinema near you, its time to sell, sell, sell!
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Swerve with Flanker and Cosmos with Payload (1550419)
Posted by Anonymous. on February 13th, 2014 @ 7:07pm CST
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Swerve with Flanker and Cosmos with Payload (1550426)
Posted by megatronus on February 13th, 2014 @ 7:33pm CST
Blurrz wrote:I hope that these get released in the next few months, or else they're probably going to go the way of Windcharger.

I certainly hope they go the way of Windcharger - $5 at Five Below aint a bad way to go :D
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Swerve with Flanker and Cosmos with Payload (1550429)
Posted by LordTwann on February 13th, 2014 @ 8:15pm CST
I'm curious if anyone out there is actually buying the Beast Hunters and Constructo-bots, because that's all I see on store shelves anywhere. And from a retailers perspective it's easy to see why we can't find the toys that we actually want. They've already got a metric butt-ton of crap that no one is buying why buy more now when there's a new movie on the way. It's the same thing that happens every year about this time, and more so in a movie year. Only now it's made worse by the horrible product lines that hasbro already had out.

What really boggles my mind is why these guys, and Skids etc aren't available on any of the normal web outlets. Did they only make five of each figure? I think the best we can hope for is another Windcharger/Grapple scenario where we see them in the summer finally at discount stores.

When all is said and done I would really love for some one at Hasbro to explain their distribution strategies because I'm just completely lost as to why they seem to hate making money.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Swerve with Flanker and Cosmos with Payload (1550431)
Posted by Seibertron on February 13th, 2014 @ 8:23pm CST
kirbenvost wrote:Awesome galleries of some awesome figures. I personally can't wait to have Swerve in my collection, and Cosmos is great too.

Except for we never saw Rumble and Frenzy in Hasbro packaging before nor did Hasbro ever have Rumble and Frenzy on display at a convention suck as BotCon or SDCC like we saw with Swerve and Cosmos last summer.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Swerve with Flanker and Cosmos with Payload (1550433)
Posted by Seibertron on February 13th, 2014 @ 8:27pm CST
megatronus wrote:

I wouldn't panic about this until you see Age of Extinction figures on the shelves. If they're not out by May, I would worry. I'm expecting them to be part of retailers' spring/Easter reset.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Swerve with Flanker and Cosmos with Payload (1550434)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 13th, 2014 @ 8:34pm CST
Seibertron wrote:

But they were going to make Scout Class Demolition Rumble for the Reveal the Shield line:

Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Swerve with Flanker and Cosmos with Payload (1550450)
Posted by btskillet on February 13th, 2014 @ 10:30pm CST
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Swerve with Flanker and Cosmos with Payload (1550452)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 13th, 2014 @ 10:38pm CST
btskillet wrote:So your saying we will see them at target after they reset there shelves soon???? But isn't this what happen to rts rumble and frenzy ..... We waited and waited and they never made it to the states. I really want these figures but I don't want to pay $68 for this 10.99 figures
We weren't going to get Frenzy (or "the red and black one"), just Demolition Rumble, who himself was ultimately canceled, having only made it to a few packaged samples instead of mass production.
Re: New Galleries: Generations Legends Swerve with Flanker and Cosmos with Payload (1550459)
Posted by noctorro on February 13th, 2014 @ 11:51pm CST
Rumble and Frenzy were only released in the Transformers United Takara line, I haz dem. And they're awesome.

Don't know why you people are concerned, I can get them from our local import shop here in The Netherlands.

If we in a silly small country in Europe can get them I'm very sure the US can get them for a normal price.

I'll be getting that Cosmos, looks amazing!

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #136 - The Gathering