Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm

Saturday, August 2nd, 2014 5:33PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 31,267

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

As we aim to keep you entertained with Transformers news over the weekend, as usual, why not kick back and enjoy two new galleries? Seibertron.com proudly presents Hasbro Masterpiece Sunstorm, a redeco of the new and improved seeker MP mold (though the box shows the old one), and Prowl, with its Nissan Fairlady alt-mode, in all their non-import glory, which you can view by clicking on any of the images below! For those of you who might be wondering, there are no differences between the Hasbro and Takara releases of Prowl aside from some extremely minor paint shade variations on the badge symbols on the doors.


Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm


Transformers Masterpiece Prowl

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1595990)
Posted by Convoy on August 2nd, 2014 @ 5:49pm CDT
No wonder the domestic Prowl release is so expensive.
Volume carries a price, the same as weight, when shipping.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1595994)
Posted by Seibertron on August 2nd, 2014 @ 5:56pm CDT
Convoy wrote:No wonder the domestic Prowl release is so expensive.
Volume carries a price, the same as weight, when shipping.


I really wish they had put the missile launchers in with Hasbro Prowl. It would have somewhat justified the price on him. Instead, he turned out to be the least accessoried Hasbro Masterpiece yet!
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1595996)
Posted by Railbomb on August 2nd, 2014 @ 6:07pm CDT
I got the pair since Toys R Us had a buy one get one half off deal on Transformers. $35 for Prowl is much better than $70.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1595999)
Posted by Rated X on August 2nd, 2014 @ 6:10pm CDT
First Hasbro butchered Acid Storm. Then they butchered Sunstorm.

Dont see any difference between Takara and Hasbro Prowl except the crappy Hasbro shoulder rockets. (which prowl didnt have in the cartoon anyways)
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596002)
Posted by Seibertron on August 2nd, 2014 @ 6:32pm CDT
Rated X wrote:First Hasbro butchered Acid Storm. Then they butchered Sunstorm.

Dont see any difference between Takara and Hasbro Prowl except the crappy Hasbro shoulder rockets. (which prowl didnt have in the cartoon anyways)


Missile launchers didn't come with the Takara or the Hasbro versions.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596013)
Posted by shajaki on August 2nd, 2014 @ 6:56pm CDT
Va'al wrote:Masterpiece Sunstorm, a redeco of the new and improved seeker MP mold (though the box shows the old one)...
ha! not sure if id have noticed that.

Va'al wrote:Prowl, with its Nissan Fairlady alt-mode, in all their non-import glory...
so is this to say hes not changed at all? i mean, i assumed as much but its best hearing from the guys who have both in their hands ;)
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596016)
Posted by Seibertron on August 2nd, 2014 @ 7:04pm CDT
shajaki wrote:
Va'al wrote:Masterpiece Sunstorm, a redeco of the new and improved seeker MP mold (though the box shows the old one)...
ha! not sure if id have noticed that.

Va'al wrote:Prowl, with its Nissan Fairlady alt-mode, in all their non-import glory...
so is this to say hes not changed at all? i mean, i assumed as much but its best hearing from the guys who have both in their hands ;)


There are some extremely minor paint shade differences that I noticed on the badges on the door, but that's about it. I'd expect to see similar minor variations amongst toys from the same production run so this one is an extreme stretch. It's really odd for the same item to be released in both markets without noticeable differences (movies 1 through 3 aside). I can't help but wonder if these were made when the Takara ones were made or something along those lines.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596031)
Posted by Seibertron on August 2nd, 2014 @ 8:28pm CDT
Well I feel like an idiot. Despite owning probably over a dozen or more different versions of the Masterpiece Starscream / Seeker mold, I just discovered after 8 years that there is a tab in the upper wing that plugs into his upper backside shoulder area. Doh! I can't tell you how many times I've had to transform these guys over the last 8 years for their own galleries and then again for comparison shots. I can't believe I never noticed that. I only accidentally discovered it somehow on Hasbro's new Sunstorm and thought "wow, that was nice of them to modify the mold to do that." and then I realized that all of them have that. Problem solved with wings flopping backwards on the Masterpiece Seekers!
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596035)
Posted by Bumblevivisector on August 2nd, 2014 @ 8:59pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Convoy wrote:No wonder the domestic Prowl release is so expensive.
Volume carries a price, the same as weight, when shipping.


I really wish they had put the missile launchers in with Hasbro Prowl. It would have somewhat justified the price on him. Instead, he turned out to be the least accessoried Hasbro Masterpiece yet!
Ditto to the extra launchers, but as for the volume thing, in another sense his box might not be big/expensive enough! My TRU started putting all their Prowls inside the service desk where no one can see them while browsing, counting instead on every interested party specifically asking for them. This is apparently due to his small size making him too easy to shoplift. They can't put security spider-wraps on him because he's under $100 and/or his box is small enough that it might get damaged if they try.

This means we'll have to start pestering TRU employees even more...and that it may not be possible to just browse future Hasbro MP Autobot car releases, unless they lock 'em up in an R-zone display case or something.

And if his box was the same size as his Takara counterpart's, thieves with large jackets wouldn't even have to unpackage him before exiting the store!

As with so many past MPs that simply sold out immediately, how much shelf space his box takes up isn't even an real issue. Either Hasbro or TRU might have to rethink something here.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596036)
Posted by EagleBot13 on August 2nd, 2014 @ 9:02pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
shajaki wrote:
Va'al wrote:Masterpiece Sunstorm, a redeco of the new and improved seeker MP mold (though the box shows the old one)...
ha! not sure if id have noticed that.

Va'al wrote:Prowl, with its Nissan Fairlady alt-mode, in all their non-import glory...
so is this to say hes not changed at all? i mean, i assumed as much but its best hearing from the guys who have both in their hands ;)


There are some extremely minor paint shade differences that I noticed on the badges on the door, but that's about it. I'd expect to see similar minor variations amongst toys from the same production run so this one is an extreme stretch. It's really odd for the same item to be released in both markets without noticeable differences (movies 1 through 3 aside). I can't help but wonder if these were made when the Takara ones were made or something along those lines.

There are probably production wide QC issues that the takara version doesn't have. I've noticed that with most hasbro masterpiece figures.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596038)
Posted by Seibertron on August 2nd, 2014 @ 9:07pm CDT
EagleBot13 wrote:There are probably production wide QC issues that the takara version doesn't have. I've noticed that with most hasbro masterpiece figures.


I think the Hasbro version had LESS paint flaws than my Takara version does.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596054)
Posted by reluctantyouth on August 2nd, 2014 @ 10:05pm CDT
I found Prowl and Sunstorm in Bloomington,IL today and scored BOGO 50% off on last day of sale. Out the door for both with tax was $123.89. Couldn't just get Sunstorm. Now having an official Hasbro Prowl for $35.00 is well worth it. This is a first being able to purchase two different just out MP figures at same time. The figs came in Yesterday and were held but requester didn't show. I called store at 10:30am to hold them until I could get there at 245pm...store was a 45 min drive from my TRU. Well worth it. :grin: :BOT:
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596056)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 2nd, 2014 @ 10:05pm CDT
Are there any differences between the Prowls?
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596066)
Posted by Blurrz on August 2nd, 2014 @ 10:55pm CDT
That Sunstorm is way too Ronald McDonalds for me.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596076)
Posted by Seibertron on August 3rd, 2014 @ 12:28am CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Are there any differences between the Prowls?


Nope!
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596080)
Posted by mirageandjazz1197 on August 3rd, 2014 @ 12:35am CDT
Unlike others i love Sunstorm's paint



It looks cartoony i like that



my fave part of Sunstorm is the brownish head instead of the BLACK HEAD EVERY OTHER SEEKER COMES WITH SINCE FOREVER.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596097)
Posted by TimothyR on August 3rd, 2014 @ 2:58am CDT
whoever decided to use that brown and to not fully paint the waist/cod piece needs a SERIOUS kick right in the nuts.

seriously.. that is just terrible. i would've understood if the thing was orange and white, or had a different shade of yellow or used orange highlights rather than white.. but i have no clue why they decided that brown was a good idea.

i just don't understand it... why not make the head white.. or yellow, or red, or orange, or dark grey.. WHY BROWN!!!

mirageandjazz1197 wrote:Unlike others i love Sunstorm's paint



It looks cartoony i like that



my fave part of Sunstorm is the brownish head instead of the BLACK HEAD EVERY OTHER SEEKER COMES WITH SINCE FOREVER.


it looks cartoony like that?.. what, like he just stuck his head into a cartoon toilet filled with cartoon crap?.. in that case, yes it looks cartoony.

see.. the problem is that this is a MASTERPIECE FIGURE, IT'S HEAD IS SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE IT WAS IN THE SHOW OR THE G1 TOY. i could stomach the brown if this was a generations figure or something.. but not a MASTERPIECE figure.

i'm sure they're going to wonder why this thing won't sell very well. i mean, the guy who chose this brown has to be the same guy who chose the colors for the AOE figures.. if not, then he HAS to be related. this is just unacceptable.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596108)
Posted by Economus Prime on August 3rd, 2014 @ 4:10am CDT
The stand with the three movable bars that you use for the Masterpiece Seekers, where did you get it?
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596111)
Posted by CenturionSAM on August 3rd, 2014 @ 5:42am CDT
I like this Sunstorm more then the takara one.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596129)
Posted by reluctantyouth on August 3rd, 2014 @ 8:43am CDT
Sunstorm is selling better than Acid Storm did. There were 4-5 Acid Storms sitting in my TRU for months before they were gone. I passed on Acid Storm and waited for Sunstorm. I love the new color scheme more than Takara as well. I just have Screamer, Skywarp, and Sunstorm for my MP seekers...that's all I need and each stands out on their own...love the contrast. :BOT:
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596133)
Posted by Seibertron on August 3rd, 2014 @ 8:59am CDT
Economus Prime wrote:The stand with the three movable bars that you use for the Masterpiece Seekers, where did you get it?


I get them from FlightPose.com: http://flightpose.com/

Speaking of stands, I heard that the AOE Dinobots or some other group (can't remember for sure) all have a standard port on their backside that supposedly is compatible with Bandai's figure stands. Can anyone point me in the right direction of what stand I need to purchase?
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596135)
Posted by Seibertron on August 3rd, 2014 @ 9:01am CDT
reluctantyouth wrote:Sunstorm is selling better than Acid Storm did. There were 4-5 Acid Storms sitting in my TRU for months before they were gone. I passed on Acid Storm and waited for Sunstorm. I love the new color scheme more than Takara as well. I just have Screamer, Skywarp, and Sunstorm for my MP seekers...that's all I need and each stands out on their own...love the contrast. :BOT:


I agree. The demand for Sunstorm is surprising to me. I don't think the color scheme is that bad ... but that might be because I don't think the Takara one or the Hasbro one are a true "Sunstorm" to me. Whatever happened to Sunstorm being orange with white? Now that would be a true Masterpiece Sunstorm to me.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596136)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 3rd, 2014 @ 9:05am CDT
Seibertron wrote:Speaking of stands, I heard that the AOE Dinobots or some other group (can't remember for sure) all have a standard port on their backside that supposedly is compatible with Bandai's figure stands. Can anyone point me in the right direction of what stand I need to purchase?


All Generations figures, at least the Deluxes, have a port in te back of the hips. A regular Tamashii stand will do just fine. Those are used for high-end figures like S.H. Figuarts.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596149)
Posted by Seibertron on August 3rd, 2014 @ 9:58am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Speaking of stands, I heard that the AOE Dinobots or some other group (can't remember for sure) all have a standard port on their backside that supposedly is compatible with Bandai's figure stands. Can anyone point me in the right direction of what stand I need to purchase?


All Generations figures, at least the Deluxes, have a port in te back of the hips. A regular Tamashii stand will do just fine. Those are used for high-end figures like S.H. Figuarts.


Is this what you are referring to?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... tage+clear

Image
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596150)
Posted by Seibertron on August 3rd, 2014 @ 9:59am CDT
This would have been really awesome for Sunstorm's galleries:

http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamashii-N ... shii+stage

Image
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596155)
Posted by OptimalOptimus2 on August 3rd, 2014 @ 10:20am CDT
Seibertron wrote:This would have been really awesome for Sunstorm's galleries:

http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamashii-N ... shii+stage

Image

You could use this for the Movie Toy Galleries. There isn't a Transformer without an explosion in the background. :michaelbay:
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596157)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 3rd, 2014 @ 10:29am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Speaking of stands, I heard that the AOE Dinobots or some other group (can't remember for sure) all have a standard port on their backside that supposedly is compatible with Bandai's figure stands. Can anyone point me in the right direction of what stand I need to purchase?


All Generations figures, at least the Deluxes, have a port in te back of the hips. A regular Tamashii stand will do just fine. Those are used for high-end figures like S.H. Figuarts.


Is this what you are referring to?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... tage+clear

Image


That's the one. Some Figuarts figures come with their own versions, differing only in whats printed on it. That's all I can tell you, maybe somebody can fill in some of the details?
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596167)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on August 3rd, 2014 @ 11:03am CDT
That McSunstorm looks bad. and the KO prowl has my money. =;
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596168)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on August 3rd, 2014 @ 11:04am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Speaking of stands, I heard that the AOE Dinobots or some other group (can't remember for sure) all have a standard port on their backside that supposedly is compatible with Bandai's figure stands. Can anyone point me in the right direction of what stand I need to purchase?


All Generations figures, at least the Deluxes, have a port in te back of the hips. A regular Tamashii stand will do just fine. Those are used for high-end figures like S.H. Figuarts.


Is this what you are referring to?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... tage+clear

Image


That's the one. Some Figuarts figures come with their own versions, differing only in whats printed on it. That's all I can tell you, maybe somebody can fill in some of the details?


the voyagers have the port too. look on them.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596169)
Posted by Seibertron on August 3rd, 2014 @ 11:20am CDT
Doubledealer93 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Speaking of stands, I heard that the AOE Dinobots or some other group (can't remember for sure) all have a standard port on their backside that supposedly is compatible with Bandai's figure stands. Can anyone point me in the right direction of what stand I need to purchase?


All Generations figures, at least the Deluxes, have a port in te back of the hips. A regular Tamashii stand will do just fine. Those are used for high-end figures like S.H. Figuarts.


Is this what you are referring to?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... tage+clear

Image


That's the one. Some Figuarts figures come with their own versions, differing only in whats printed on it. That's all I can tell you, maybe somebody can fill in some of the details?


the voyagers have the port too. look on them.


Next question ... anyone know where I can those that is cheaper than the current prices on Amazon?
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596177)
Posted by Va'al on August 3rd, 2014 @ 12:15pm CDT
Just yesterday we offered you two Hasbro Masterpiece Transformers, Prowl and Sunstorm - what do you say to three more, from Takara Tomy? Seibertron.com brings you the Takara incarnation of the flaming Seeker MP-11S Sunstorm, a redeco of the Prowl mold in MP-18S Silverstreak, and the yellow version of the Lambor mold MP12T Tigertrack! All of which can be viewed in their full galleries by clicking on any of the images below.


Transformers Masterpiece Silverstreak

Image

Image

Image

Image


Transformers Masterpiece Tigertrack

Image

Image

Image

Image


Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596187)
Posted by Convoy on August 3rd, 2014 @ 12:51pm CDT
I'm kicking myself for not jumping on that MP-11S when the price was right.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596240)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 3rd, 2014 @ 3:36pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I don't think the color scheme is that bad ... but that might be because I don't think the Takara one or the Hasbro one are a true "Sunstorm" to me. Whatever happened to Sunstorm being orange with white? Now that would be a true Masterpiece Sunstorm to me.
While I can see where you're coming from with this, the Takara one is at least closer to the deco of the original inspiration for the e-HOBBY G1 Sunstorm toy:

Image



...Which now has me curious about why e-HOBBY decided to go with such an orange shade for their G1 Sunstorm toy instead of gold. :-?
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596245)
Posted by Seibertron on August 3rd, 2014 @ 4:01pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Seibertron wrote:I don't think the color scheme is that bad ... but that might be because I don't think the Takara one or the Hasbro one are a true "Sunstorm" to me. Whatever happened to Sunstorm being orange with white? Now that would be a true Masterpiece Sunstorm to me.
While I can see where you're coming from with this, the Takara one is at least closer to the deco of the original inspiration for the e-HOBBY G1 Sunstorm toy:

Image



...Which now has me curious about why e-HOBBY decided to go with such an orange shade for their G1 Sunstorm toy instead of gold. :-?


That's definitely debatable. I think Sunstorm has a pretty firm precedent as an orangish and white Transformer toy between all of his toy and fictional appearances. Yellow Sunstorm is fairly new. While I would rather the BotCon "Sunstorm" be a more yellowish color with white instead of black, the shade of the BotCon figure is probably closer to his cartoon appearance above, but with the black, it doesn't make for a good Sunstorm either.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596248)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 3rd, 2014 @ 4:17pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:That's definitely debatable. I think Sunstorm has a pretty firm precedent as an orangish and white Transformer toy between all of his toy and fictional appearances. Yellow Sunstorm is fairly new. While I would rather the BotCon "Sunstorm" be a more yellowish color with white instead of black, the shade of the BotCon figure is probably closer to his cartoon appearance above, but with the black, it doesn't make for a good Sunstorm either.
Hmm, yeah, looking at the comparison pics in the gallery, I agree that the BotCon figure got the shade of gold right (didn't realize how banana the Takara MP was compared to the BotCon figure). Though, the Takara MP did at least get the color layout closer to that of both the cartoon model and the e-HOBBY toy. It mostly just needed its fading dark-to-light yellow to be all gold instead. :)

Still, I do gotta wonder if there's a story behind the e-HOBBY G1 figure being so citrus orange instead of cheddar gold, unless someone at e-HOBBY just thought the animation model was that dark. *shrugs*
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596251)
Posted by Seibertron on August 3rd, 2014 @ 4:19pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Still, I do gotta wonder if there's a story behind the e-HOBBY G1 figure being so citrus orange instead of cheddar gold, unless someone at e-HOBBY just thought the animation model was that dark. *shrugs*


I always just compared it to the differences in the gray used for Starscream as a toy versus how he looked in the show.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596266)
Posted by Downbeat on August 3rd, 2014 @ 5:20pm CDT
Is there a translation for Silverstreak's bio? I'm interested if his name means he's a different dude.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596267)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 3rd, 2014 @ 5:24pm CDT
Downbeat wrote:Is there a translation for Silverstreak's bio? I'm interested if his name means he's a different dude.
I know that someone looked it over and figured out that it's just a version of regular Bluestreak instead of a new guy. Talking about how he talks a lot and other such Bluestreak-y things.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596290)
Posted by Mr_Autobot411 on August 3rd, 2014 @ 6:40pm CDT
F U Hasbro

first u charge ppl 60 bucks for leader class figures that are way smaller and cheaply made then the prev leader class figures.

then u re-release grimlock and charge 100 for him!

now u release prowl for 100 and a f'ing brown headed sunstorm! for 100 as well.....

gimme a break! this is why 3rd parties are kicking your asses!

i got my takara prowl for 65 bucks............! :HEADHURTS:
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596302)
Posted by Seibertron on August 3rd, 2014 @ 7:24pm CDT
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:F U Hasbro

first u charge ppl 60 bucks for leader class figures that are way smaller and cheaply made then the prev leader class figures.

then u re-release grimlock and charge 100 for him!

now u release prowl for 100 and a f'ing brown headed sunstorm! for 100 as well.....

gimme a break! this is why 3rd parties are kicking your asses!

i got my takara prowl for 65 bucks............! :HEADHURTS:


While I understand your frustrations, the prices u listed are incorrect. Leader Class figures are 45, MP prowl was 70 and MP sunstorm was 80. Not ideal but definitely cheaper than the prices u mentioned.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596308)
Posted by shajaki on August 3rd, 2014 @ 7:51pm CDT
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:F U Hasbro

first u charge ppl 60 bucks for leader class figures that are way smaller and cheaply made then the prev leader class figures.

then u re-release grimlock and charge 100 for him!

now u release prowl for 100 and a f'ing brown headed sunstorm! for 100 as well.....

gimme a break! this is why 3rd parties are kicking your asses!

i got my takara prowl for 65 bucks............! :HEADHURTS:
theres reasons for the route they took with the movie figures this time around:

Image

grimlock, you shoulda bought him the first time around. or bought the takara one which would have been more expensive, THEN would have had to be imported. i bought the first TRU grimlock and im pretty sure i paid around $100 for him (but keep in mind im in canada).

prowl isnt $100. isnt he like 70 or 80? more expensive sure than takaras (and thats only pending on where you got him) but outrageous? i dont think so. ill concede that he shoulda come with the launchers though.

sunstorm i have no words for, other than he's selling, better than acid storm which was far better in my opinion. i thought takaras sunstorm was amazing but people hated that one too. so whadya gonna do?

sorry to everyone out there... just getting bogged down with all the negativity lately... :-(
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596316)
Posted by Mr_Autobot411 on August 3rd, 2014 @ 8:54pm CDT
my bad forgot to mention i live in canada, the prices im quoting are directly from toys r us.....prowl might be 89.99 or 99.99 actually

leader class figures here in canada are 59.99

and i did get grimlock for 69 when he first came out. I feel sorry for all the ppl that are paying 100 for him here in canada.

Hasbro is ripping off fans and collectors bottom line.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596338)
Posted by User897 on August 3rd, 2014 @ 10:41pm CDT
Why Hasbro? Why the hell did you paint the copyright info in black inside the left foot, which is white? Talk about sticking out like a sore thumb!

Forget this guy anyway. If I really wanted Prowl, I'd just go for the Takara version. I am very disappointed that Hasbro is yet again cheapening things I like.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596348)
Posted by Seibertron on August 3rd, 2014 @ 11:12pm CDT
User897 wrote:Why Hasbro? Why the hell did you paint the copyright info in black inside the left foot, which is white? Talk about sticking out like a sore thumb!

Forget this guy anyway. If I really wanted Prowl, I'd just go for the Takara version. I am very disappointed that Hasbro is yet again cheapening things I like.


And on that note ... you found the essentially sole difference between the Hasbro and Takara toys. I didn't even notice that but it's right there in the pictures.

Image
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596363)
Posted by CenturionSAM on August 4th, 2014 @ 4:21am CDT
I know why hasbro is giving us Prowl but
why are getting Sumstorm instead of a Skywarp?
I like sunstorm and everything,
but I would liked to get a MP-11 mold of Skywarp.
......So I guess we are going to get all of the Rainmakers
Before Skywarp. :-(
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596367)
Posted by User897 on August 4th, 2014 @ 6:17am CDT
Seibertron wrote:And on that note ... you found the essentially sole difference between the Hasbro and Takara toys. I didn't even notice that but it's right there in the pictures.


Exactly. I don't know what the deal is, but American toy companies have been trying this for a few years now. They get called out on it practically every time as well. DST's Star Trek ships are a prime example. Everything looks great until you find that crap. Black letters and numbers right in the middle of an area that is supposed to be all white, and visible from the front of the toy. Not acceptable in my opinion. I'll grab the Takara if I really want it.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596425)
Posted by AutoBorst on August 4th, 2014 @ 10:16am CDT
Jesus Christ, Hasbro. How can you justify that enormous box for MP Prowl? That's absurd.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596444)
Posted by shajaki on August 4th, 2014 @ 11:15am CDT
CenturionSAM wrote:So I guess we are going to get all of the Rainmakers
Before Skywarp. :-(
im not so sure about that... hastak has a tendency to tease us with a trio, and only give us two. im sure everyone remembers what happened with the classics seekers. im banking on takara giving us skywarp and thundercracker (MP11 mold) sometime soon simply because the MP line has been very autobot centric lately. and adding two decepticons like that would be effortless.

AutoBorst wrote:Jesus Christ, Hasbro. How can you justify that enormous box for MP Prowl? That's absurd.
i believe someone already stated it, but its because they were worried about theft. i bet the takara MP car boxes could easily fit under a sweater....
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596531)
Posted by Va'al on August 4th, 2014 @ 3:42pm CDT
We brought you Takara Sunstorm and Hasbro Sunstorm, and many other Masterpiece Transformers figures in the past couple of days, but the streak isn't over yet. Check out below two more Seibertron.com galleries featuring the higher end of collector figures, two incarnations of the Hasbro seekers: Thundercraker and Acid Storm! Click on any image for the full gallery.


Transformers Masterpiece Acid Storm

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Transformers Masterpiece Thundercracker

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece MP-04 Prowl and MP-05 Sunstorm (1596536)
Posted by ScottyP on August 4th, 2014 @ 4:04pm CDT
I'm still waiting for the group shot with all 12 MP seekers.

Click here to view an additional 35 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #103 - Road Trip
Twincast / Podcast #103:
"Road Trip"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Sunday, October 19th, 2014