Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm

Monday, August 4th, 2014 3:43PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 24,967

We brought you Takara Sunstorm and Hasbro Sunstorm, and many other Masterpiece Transformers figures in the past couple of days, but the streak isn't over yet. Check out below two more Seibertron.com galleries featuring the higher end of collector figures, two incarnations of the Hasbro seekers: Thundercraker and Acid Storm! Click on any image for the full gallery.

Transformers Masterpiece Acid Storm

Transformers Masterpiece Thundercracker

Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1596536)
Posted by ScottyP on August 4th, 2014 @ 4:04pm CDT
I'm still waiting for the group shot with all 12 MP seekers.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1596538)
Posted by Seibertron on August 4th, 2014 @ 4:17pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:I'm still waiting for the group shot with all 12 MP seekers.

I think there are 13 now! I'll probably do that when Skywarp comes out or if all 3 of the Coneheads are released. Last time I did the group shot was when there were 9 available when MP-11 Starscream came out.

Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1596540)
Posted by ScottyP on August 4th, 2014 @ 4:22pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
ScottyP wrote:I'm still waiting for the group shot with all 12 MP seekers.

I think there are 13 now!

I actually think we were both wrong and there are 11:

1. MP-3 Starscream
2. MP-3G Ghost Starscream
3. MP-6 Skywarp
4. MP-7 Thundercracker
5. MP-11 Starscream
6. MP-11S Sunstorm
7. Hasbro Starscream
8. Hasbro Skywarp
9. Hasbro Thundercracker
10. Hasbro Acid Storm
11. Hasbro Sunstorm

Did I miss anything?

Seibertron wrote:And wasn't there something different about Takara's USA Edition of MP-03 Starscream? I never got that one.

That would be news to me. I think it was the same deal as MP-11A Acid Storm - same toy, slightly different box?
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1596543)
Posted by Seibertron on August 4th, 2014 @ 4:25pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
ScottyP wrote:I'm still waiting for the group shot with all 12 MP seekers.

I think there are 13 now!

I actually think we were both wrong and there are 11:

1. MP-3 Starscream
2. MP-3G Ghost Starscream
3. MP-6 Skywarp
4. MP-7 Thundercracker
5. MP-11 Starscream
6. MP-11S Sunstorm
7. Hasbro Starscream
8. Hasbro Skywarp
9. Hasbro Thundercracker
10. Hasbro Acid Storm
11. Hasbro Sunstorm

Did I miss anything?

Nope you are correct. I miscounted the 7 in the picture I posted as 9. Because, well, counting to 7 is hard. :oops:
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1596544)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 4th, 2014 @ 4:26pm CDT

According to TFWiki, it had the following changes:
the original mold for the tail fins was used, an extra Decepticon symbol was added to Starscream's nosecone (which was present on his original toy, but not his animation model), and his black "scorch mark" paint operations were dialed back, and those that remained were switched to a lighter gray.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1596545)
Posted by ScottyP on August 4th, 2014 @ 4:27pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Nope you are correct. I miscounted the 7 in the picture I posted as 9. Because, well, counting to 9 is hard. :oops:

I have a hard time counting them accurately because there are 5 unofficial ones on my shelf that threw me off, plus I never got MP-3G, MP-7, MP-11S, and haven't seen the new Hasbro Sunstorm yet.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1596549)
Posted by padfoo on August 4th, 2014 @ 4:43pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
ScottyP wrote:I'm still waiting for the group shot with all 12 MP seekers.

Ryan, amazing Galleries, thanks for the great pics. I am missing three of the seekers, its an amazing mold, I cannot wait to pick up the Hasbro Sunstorm even though I thing the Takara version looks much better.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1596550)
Posted by padfoo on August 4th, 2014 @ 4:45pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
ScottyP wrote:I'm still waiting for the group shot with all 12 MP seekers.

Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1596561)
Posted by shajaki on August 4th, 2014 @ 5:22pm CDT

you know what im jonesing for? more G2 repaints. they set the precedence with 12G2 sideswipe, and after seeing the upcoming G2 starscream from TFCC, id love him in MP form.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1596563)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 4th, 2014 @ 5:26pm CDT
shajaki wrote:your MP03 thundercracker and skywarp... are there reprolabel stripes on the wings? mine have been boxed away for some time but i recall them being flat black and blue.
Both Takara Skywarp and Thundercracker (and the original Takara Starscream) came with sticker sheets that included the wing stripes for each.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1597005)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 6th, 2014 @ 10:20am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Doubledealer93 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Speaking of stands, I heard that the AOE Dinobots or some other group (can't remember for sure) all have a standard port on their backside that supposedly is compatible with Bandai's figure stands. Can anyone point me in the right direction of what stand I need to purchase?

All Generations figures, at least the Deluxes, have a port in te back of the hips. A regular Tamashii stand will do just fine. Those are used for high-end figures like S.H. Figuarts.

Is this what you are referring to?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... tage+clear

That's the one. Some Figuarts figures come with their own versions, differing only in whats printed on it. That's all I can tell you, maybe somebody can fill in some of the details?

the voyagers have the port too. look on them.

Next question ... anyone know where I can those that is cheaper than the current prices on Amazon?

And in a review, I found out that the AoE toys aren't the only ones to have those holes: Gen. Sky-Byte has one too! Also, Figma stands make a decent substitute, just don't put any real weight on them.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1597006)
Posted by Seibertron on August 6th, 2014 @ 10:22am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Doubledealer93 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Is this what you are referring to?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... tage+clear

the voyagers have the port too. look on them.

Now I just need to find some of those stands at a decent price! Anyone have some suggestions?
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1597326)
Posted by megatronus on August 7th, 2014 @ 11:07am CDT
I opened up my TRU Sunstorm today, and I have to say, I don't think the gallery pics do him justice (no offense, Ryan) especially in vehicle mode. The flame detailing is so nice, and the lighting doesn't quite capture the metallic sheen the flames have. Robot mode still goes to Takara, but my issue with TRU's head can be solved with a spare Thundercracker one.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1597829)
Posted by Mr_Autobot411 on August 8th, 2014 @ 6:51pm CDT
anyone else notice the pic on the box is the old mold............

is hasbro that lazy.........
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1598242)
Posted by steve2275 on August 10th, 2014 @ 3:21pm CDT
looking evil :CON:
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1598368)
Posted by dalekslayer96 on August 11th, 2014 @ 7:57am CDT
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1598371)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 11th, 2014 @ 8:08am CDT
dalekslayer96 wrote:Why does Sunstorm have Coronation Starscream's Coronation shoulder pads/cape/crown?
Cuz it was a full redeco of the MP-11 Starscream figure, accessories and all.

Only the Hasbro redecos of this mold (Thundercracker, Acid Storm, and Hasbro's Sunstorm), which all came out after Takara's Sunstorm, have omitted the coronation accessories.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1608778)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on September 25th, 2014 @ 3:56pm CDT
If you've been anxiously awaiting Masterpiece Wheeljack, or even just sort of looking forward to him, this gallery doesn't disappoint. Not only can you get a great look at both modes, but you also get a nice shot of of Wheeljack's hidden face.

Masterpiece Wheeljack comes with his blaster and shoulder launcher. Depending on where you pick up MP-20 Wheeljack, you may also receive the much-anticipated hypno-chip disruptor from “Ultimate Doom, Part 3.” He transforms into an officially licensed Lancia Stratos Turbo; a clean, precise vehicle mode that instantly calls to mind the custom racecar upon which it’s based.

Click on each picture for a larger view or visit the gallery.

Transformers Masterpiece

Wheeljack

Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1608782)
Posted by RK_Striker_JK_5 on September 25th, 2014 @ 4:02pm CDT
It's the mad scientist himself!
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1608783)
Posted by ScoutBumblebee on September 25th, 2014 @ 4:04pm CDT
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:It's the mad scientist himself!

Words cannot describe how much I dig this figure.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1608784)
Posted by megatronus on September 25th, 2014 @ 4:05pm CDT
So is Ryan buying in bulk these days for his eBay store?

Also... I wonder if we'll get a forehead accessory so you can reasonably display mustached Wheeljack without a hole in his head. But then again, Jackie always did have a screw loose :P
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1608795)
Posted by f-primus-unicron on September 25th, 2014 @ 4:39pm CDT
and what about a comparison with the binaltech(alternators version?)
-_-
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1608797)
Posted by Mr_Autobot411 on September 25th, 2014 @ 4:51pm CDT
god that hole in his head is awful.........

other then that hes amazing.........

i also really appericate seeing the generations jackie in the photos, i almost forgot how awesome he was too, thought his stout legs were annoying.

so now i wonder if we will get a Jazz in the near future, the alternators version is the best out there but still isnt a home run.......... :BOT: :CON:
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1608798)
Posted by Seibertron on September 25th, 2014 @ 4:55pm CDT

It irked me that they didn't tint the windows darker or figure out some way to hide the screw. It was a glaring blemish and design flaw in an otherwise perfect figure. I decided to improvise by cutting out a white square from an extra sticker sheet from reprolabels to cover it up. The cut-out square wasn't perfect but it sure as heck looks a lot better than having the screw there.

All fixed!

Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1608799)
Posted by Sabrblade on September 25th, 2014 @ 4:57pm CDT
Now it looks like he's wearing a piece of paper over his belly button. :twisted: 8-} :lol: :P
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1608801)
Posted by Seibertron on September 25th, 2014 @ 5:07pm CDT
f-primus-unicron wrote:where is dotm/la wheeljack, and energon/superlink downshift? they are no less wheeljack than the tf prime incarnation
and what about a comparison with the binaltech(alternators version?)
-_-

I agree ... but I can't do comparison shots with every version of a character any more! At least not when I'm trying to get to 4,000 galleries or until things slow down with toy releases.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1608802)
Posted by Mr_Autobot411 on September 25th, 2014 @ 5:08pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:The screw in his lower abdomen, which can be seen through his front windshield, was driving me crazy! It looks like he has a belly button (and now you won't be able to unsee it either!). :P

All fixed!

i personally dont like the face, so he will be mask on all the time
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1608803)
Posted by Seibertron on September 25th, 2014 @ 5:14pm CDT
megatronus wrote:So is Ryan buying in bulk these days for his eBay store?

I am slowly buying in larger quantities the more and more comfortable I am getting with certain products and the speed with which certain products sell over others. This was the most I've ordered for a Masterpiece figure. The primary focus of the Seibertron.com Store will continue to be older products. Purchasing extras of new figures will also play a part in the store to assist with managing Seibertron.com's overhead and to increase the efficiency of the business.

There are 5 Masterpiece Wheeljacks left in our store! Products from the Seibertron.com Store ship super fast.

Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1608804)
Posted by Seibertron on September 25th, 2014 @ 5:19pm CDT
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:Good job dude! so if the screw bothered u( and it does bother me too) how do u feel about that god awful hole in his hidden face?! lol

i personally dont like the face, so he will be mask on all the time

I was less concerned about that because Wheeljack won't ever need to be displayed like that. It was a bonus hidden easter egg feature so that feature doesn't need to be perfect. Sure it would have been nice had they figured out a way to do it so you could have either head displayed but it doesn't bother me since a week or so ago we had no idea that he had a bonus face.

The belly button screw, on the other hand :michaelbay:
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1608805)
Posted by megatronus on September 25th, 2014 @ 5:20pm CDT

Holy crap that is annoying! The piece of sticker seems to be an acceptable and low tech fix, though.

Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1608822)
Posted by kirbenvost on September 25th, 2014 @ 6:35pm CDT
Looks amazing. I can't wait to get mine in the mail! So in regards to the hidden face, do you have to remove a screw to see it? Or does the mask just pop out with a peg? If it's held on with a screw it makes complete sense why there's a hole. It's just a cool easter egg, after all.

The belly button screw, lol... I can't unsee now either, but it doesn't bug me so much. He's one of those crazy mad scientists whose shirt shrunk in the wash or something. I'm sure Doc Brown has had a couple wardrobe malfunctions from time to time. Mad scientists ain't got time for fashion!
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1608831)
Posted by MGrotusque on September 25th, 2014 @ 7:23pm CDT
As the mustachioed face under the "mask" may be perceived as a happy easter egg, i don't like it one bit. It irks me that it even exists as a gimmick. His "masked" face is his face. ALways has been till now?? I sure hope it doesn't become canon or anything in the future.
No sir, I don't like it one bit.
WIth that being said he's in the mail as we speak. Looking forward to getting him.

EDIT: well......there is a face in Animated i guess but there was still no mustache goin on.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1608884)
Posted by RhA on September 26th, 2014 @ 2:52am CDT
Good stuff.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1608893)
Posted by frogbat on September 26th, 2014 @ 4:28am CDT
When i saw pix of this guy I ended up collecting mp's again. Got sideswipe and smokescreen will end up getting mp10 too. woe be the wallet.

the face is a bit leftfield - i'd have rather they tried to implement a light up feature but hey...

wheeljack was my second tf ever, still have him in not very good condition - think he was also the first tf that I ended up losing parts to. His spoilers and his back antennae thingies... His robot mode was also a disappointment even for a 6 year old. His arms were too loose to stay up and fists couldn't hold a weapon. His missile launchers were bulky, and being a Gig italian import, it had the orange rubbered dumbbells as missiles. His car mode was as impressive and detailed as any other g1 though so he spent most of his time racing between battles.

That's why I'm always on the look out for new iterations of this character, have both prime and generations and they are both excellent figures, looking forward to adding the mp to my collection :D
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1609024)
Posted by Anonymous. on September 26th, 2014 @ 5:07pm CDT
If I could get a size comparison between Animated Rodimus and MP Wheeljack, that's be A+
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1609052)
Posted by shajaki on September 26th, 2014 @ 8:37pm CDT
megatronus wrote:What annoys me more about the windows, less than the intensity of the tint, is that they're grey/black, like the toy, instead of blue like the cartoon. I can live with it though, because he looks magnificent.
all will be fixed with MP20A ;)
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #105 - Megatronus