Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm

Monday, August 4th, 2014 3:43PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 24,082

We brought you Takara Sunstorm and Hasbro Sunstorm, and many other Masterpiece Transformers figures in the past couple of days, but the streak isn't over yet. Check out below two more Seibertron.com galleries featuring the higher end of collector figures, two incarnations of the Hasbro seekers: Thundercraker and Acid Storm! Click on any image for the full gallery.

Transformers Masterpiece Acid Storm

Transformers Masterpiece Thundercracker

Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1596536)
Posted by ScottyP on August 4th, 2014 @ 4:04pm CDT
I'm still waiting for the group shot with all 12 MP seekers.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1596538)
Posted by Seibertron on August 4th, 2014 @ 4:17pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:I'm still waiting for the group shot with all 12 MP seekers.

I think there are 13 now! I'll probably do that when Skywarp comes out or if all 3 of the Coneheads are released. Last time I did the group shot was when there were 9 available when MP-11 Starscream came out.

Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1596540)
Posted by ScottyP on August 4th, 2014 @ 4:22pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
ScottyP wrote:I'm still waiting for the group shot with all 12 MP seekers.

I think there are 13 now!

I actually think we were both wrong and there are 11:

1. MP-3 Starscream
2. MP-3G Ghost Starscream
3. MP-6 Skywarp
4. MP-7 Thundercracker
5. MP-11 Starscream
6. MP-11S Sunstorm
7. Hasbro Starscream
8. Hasbro Skywarp
9. Hasbro Thundercracker
10. Hasbro Acid Storm
11. Hasbro Sunstorm

Did I miss anything?

Seibertron wrote:And wasn't there something different about Takara's USA Edition of MP-03 Starscream? I never got that one.

That would be news to me. I think it was the same deal as MP-11A Acid Storm - same toy, slightly different box?
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1596543)
Posted by Seibertron on August 4th, 2014 @ 4:25pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
ScottyP wrote:I'm still waiting for the group shot with all 12 MP seekers.

I think there are 13 now!

I actually think we were both wrong and there are 11:

1. MP-3 Starscream
2. MP-3G Ghost Starscream
3. MP-6 Skywarp
4. MP-7 Thundercracker
5. MP-11 Starscream
6. MP-11S Sunstorm
7. Hasbro Starscream
8. Hasbro Skywarp
9. Hasbro Thundercracker
10. Hasbro Acid Storm
11. Hasbro Sunstorm

Did I miss anything?

Nope you are correct. I miscounted the 7 in the picture I posted as 9. Because, well, counting to 7 is hard. :oops:
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1596544)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 4th, 2014 @ 4:26pm CDT

According to TFWiki, it had the following changes:
the original mold for the tail fins was used, an extra Decepticon symbol was added to Starscream's nosecone (which was present on his original toy, but not his animation model), and his black "scorch mark" paint operations were dialed back, and those that remained were switched to a lighter gray.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1596545)
Posted by ScottyP on August 4th, 2014 @ 4:27pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Nope you are correct. I miscounted the 7 in the picture I posted as 9. Because, well, counting to 9 is hard. :oops:

I have a hard time counting them accurately because there are 5 unofficial ones on my shelf that threw me off, plus I never got MP-3G, MP-7, MP-11S, and haven't seen the new Hasbro Sunstorm yet.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1596549)
Posted by padfoo on August 4th, 2014 @ 4:43pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
ScottyP wrote:I'm still waiting for the group shot with all 12 MP seekers.

Ryan, amazing Galleries, thanks for the great pics. I am missing three of the seekers, its an amazing mold, I cannot wait to pick up the Hasbro Sunstorm even though I thing the Takara version looks much better.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1596550)
Posted by padfoo on August 4th, 2014 @ 4:45pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:
ScottyP wrote:I'm still waiting for the group shot with all 12 MP seekers.

Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1596561)
Posted by shajaki on August 4th, 2014 @ 5:22pm CDT

you know what im jonesing for? more G2 repaints. they set the precedence with 12G2 sideswipe, and after seeing the upcoming G2 starscream from TFCC, id love him in MP form.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1596563)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 4th, 2014 @ 5:26pm CDT
shajaki wrote:your MP03 thundercracker and skywarp... are there reprolabel stripes on the wings? mine have been boxed away for some time but i recall them being flat black and blue.
Both Takara Skywarp and Thundercracker (and the original Takara Starscream) came with sticker sheets that included the wing stripes for each.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1597005)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on August 6th, 2014 @ 10:20am CDT
Seibertron wrote:
Doubledealer93 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Seibertron wrote:Speaking of stands, I heard that the AOE Dinobots or some other group (can't remember for sure) all have a standard port on their backside that supposedly is compatible with Bandai's figure stands. Can anyone point me in the right direction of what stand I need to purchase?

All Generations figures, at least the Deluxes, have a port in te back of the hips. A regular Tamashii stand will do just fine. Those are used for high-end figures like S.H. Figuarts.

Is this what you are referring to?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... tage+clear

That's the one. Some Figuarts figures come with their own versions, differing only in whats printed on it. That's all I can tell you, maybe somebody can fill in some of the details?

the voyagers have the port too. look on them.

Next question ... anyone know where I can those that is cheaper than the current prices on Amazon?

And in a review, I found out that the AoE toys aren't the only ones to have those holes: Gen. Sky-Byte has one too! Also, Figma stands make a decent substitute, just don't put any real weight on them.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1597006)
Posted by Seibertron on August 6th, 2014 @ 10:22am CDT
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
Doubledealer93 wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:
Seibertron wrote:
JelZe GoldRabbit wrote:

Is this what you are referring to?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... tage+clear

the voyagers have the port too. look on them.

Now I just need to find some of those stands at a decent price! Anyone have some suggestions?
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1597326)
Posted by megatronus on August 7th, 2014 @ 11:07am CDT
I opened up my TRU Sunstorm today, and I have to say, I don't think the gallery pics do him justice (no offense, Ryan) especially in vehicle mode. The flame detailing is so nice, and the lighting doesn't quite capture the metallic sheen the flames have. Robot mode still goes to Takara, but my issue with TRU's head can be solved with a spare Thundercracker one.
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1597829)
Posted by Mr_Autobot411 on August 8th, 2014 @ 6:51pm CDT
anyone else notice the pic on the box is the old mold............

is hasbro that lazy.........
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1598242)
Posted by steve2275 on August 10th, 2014 @ 3:21pm CDT
looking evil :CON:
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1598368)
Posted by dalekslayer96 on August 11th, 2014 @ 7:57am CDT
Re: New Galleries: Hasbro Masterpiece Thundercracker and MP-01 Acid Storm (1598371)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 11th, 2014 @ 8:08am CDT
dalekslayer96 wrote:Why does Sunstorm have Coronation Starscream's Coronation shoulder pads/cape/crown?
Cuz it was a full redeco of the MP-11 Starscream figure, accessories and all.

Only the Hasbro redecos of this mold (Thundercracker, Acid Storm, and Hasbro's Sunstorm), which all came out after Takara's Sunstorm, have omitted the coronation accessories.