New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more!

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more!

Friday, June 6th, 2014 1:27PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Movie News, Toy News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 41,234

Topic Options: View Discussion · Sign in or Join to reply

Ever wondered what Bumblebee would look like with Megatron's arm cannon and Optimus Prime's truck chest? Well, thanks to the Hero Mashers line, now you can create your own Transformers combinations, and here at Seibertron.com we are proud to present not one, not three but six new galleries for the mix and swap toys! Check out below a sample of the galleries for Optimus, Megatron, Bumblebee, Starscream, Springer, Bulkhead and Drift, all from different continuities of the franchise in terms of aesthetics, from Age of Extinction to Animated, via Generation 1 and IDW; as always, click on any image to view the full gallery.

Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more!

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more!


Hero Mashers Transformers Starscream

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more!

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more!


Hero Mashers Transformers Optimus Prime

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more!

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more!


Hero Mashers Transformers Springer

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more!

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more!


Hero Mashers Transformers Bulkhead

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more!

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more!


Hero Mashers Transformers Drift

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more!

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more!


Hero Mashers Transformers Bumblebee

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more!

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more!

Transformers News: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more!
Search Got Transformers News? Let us know here!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more! (1579950)
Posted by Noideaforaname on June 6th, 2014 @ 1:40pm CDT
There's been quite a bit of focus on customization lately, hasn't there? Between Kre-O, Construct-Bots, and these.

I'm rather surprised there doesn't seem to be any re-use of parts here. Not even thighs or feet or anything. I'm sure they'll come eventually, but still it's kinda strange.
Re: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more! (1579955)
Posted by Doubledealer93 on June 6th, 2014 @ 2:01pm CDT
Do these things use 5mm ports and pegs? I wanna get drift for the swords and bulkhead for The guns.
Re: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more! (1579956)
Posted by mblase75 on June 6th, 2014 @ 2:02pm CDT
Anybody tried to build Autobot X / Autobot Spike out of these things yet? He's always the first thing I think of.

Re: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more! (1579957)
Posted by Fifo on June 6th, 2014 @ 2:10pm CDT
More "Transformers" that don't transform! What is the point?!
Re: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more! (1579961)
Posted by NovaSentinel on June 6th, 2014 @ 2:20pm CDT
Va'al, I think you may need to take some Maths classes... :lol:

I'm interested to know whether Ultra Magnus, Cliffjumper and Skywarp will be released without their respective arms, or whether they'll be available as parts with each of the larger figures as a collector incentive, similar to the Marvel build figures like Iron Monger.
Re: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more! (1579963)
Posted by Optimizzy on June 6th, 2014 @ 2:32pm CDT
Doubledealer93 wrote:Do these things use 5mm ports and pegs? I wanna get drift for the swords and bulkhead for The guns.



I second the inquiry
Re: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more! (1579968)
Posted by Erailea on June 6th, 2014 @ 2:46pm CDT
Fifo wrote:More "Transformers" that don't transform! What is the point?!


I dunno. Personally I really enjoy the revoltech Transformers figures and they don't transform. These Mashers just look like a dumbed down, less detailed (and cheaper) version of the Revoltechs. 'course I haven't gotten my hands on one to know for sure, but that's what they look like.
Re: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more! (1579995)
Posted by Seibertron on June 6th, 2014 @ 4:58pm CDT
Optimizzy wrote:
Doubledealer93 wrote:Do these things use 5mm ports and pegs? I wanna get drift for the swords and bulkhead for The guns.



I second the inquiry


Unfortunately, they don't fit in his hands. :( I thought it'd be cool if Drift could hold HM Drift's swords, but alas they aren't compatible.

Re: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more! (1580017)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 6th, 2014 @ 7:31pm CDT
It's a good concept, but the figures themselves just look cheap as hell. Wouldn't be so bad if they actually took the time to give them better paint detailing.
Re: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more! (1580024)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 6th, 2014 @ 8:39pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:It's a good concept, but the figures themselves just look cheap as hell. Wouldn't be so bad if they actually took the time to give them better paint detailing.


Obviously, it all depend of the price point. You get what you pay for.
Re: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more! (1580030)
Posted by Seibertron on June 6th, 2014 @ 9:10pm CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:It's a good concept, but the figures themselves just look cheap as hell. Wouldn't be so bad if they actually took the time to give them better paint detailing.


Obviously, it all depend of the price point. You get what you pay for.


Yah, they are what they are. I knew what I was getting when I picked them up. They're basically just Transformers versions of the existing Marvel Hero Mashers.
Re: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more! (1580053)
Posted by Burn on June 6th, 2014 @ 10:48pm CDT
Tried to like them, and Prime and Megatron look good ... but then along comes Springer who is just plain boring, and the rest ... meh.

They will however, be great for the kids.
Re: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more! (1580054)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 6th, 2014 @ 10:53pm CDT
If I get any Hero Masters figure, it'll probably be Heatwave.


Re: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more! (1580055)
Posted by Mindmaster on June 6th, 2014 @ 10:54pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:If I get any Hero Masters figure, it'll probably be Heatwave.




Yeah, that's probably the only one I'd be willing to go for. I still find it very odd that they used this Heatwave as opposed to Rescue Bots Heatwave. :-?
Re: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more! (1580058)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 6th, 2014 @ 10:57pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:I still find it very odd that they used this Heatwave as opposed to Rescue Bots Heatwave. :-?
It's even got RB Heatwave's Energize dual-nozzle cannon.

Another point of weirdness from the new design team, on top of:
  • Generations Whirl and Roadbuster based more on their G1 toys and not as updated as other "Classics-style" toys[/*:m]
  • G2/IDW-esque Generations Jhiaxus colored like the RiD toy.[/*:m]
  • AOE Evolution 2-Packs using Energon Grimlock and the DOTM dino Mini-Cons[/*:m]
  • G1 Strafe box art on the AOE Strafe Evolution 2-Pack to represent the G1 Swoop-esque toy[/*:m]
  • Walmart getting exclusive AOE redecos of Beast Wars molds from over a decade ago[/*:m]
  • MP Sunstorm not colored like G1 Sunstorm[/*:m][/list:u]
Re: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more! (1580061)
Posted by -Kanrabat- on June 6th, 2014 @ 11:03pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:I still find it very odd that they used this Heatwave as opposed to Rescue Bots Heatwave. :-?
It's even got RB Heatwave's Energize dual-nozzle cannon.

Another point of weirdness from the new design team, on top of:
  • Generations Whirl and Roadbuster based more on their G1 toys and not as updated as other "Classics-style" toys[/*:m]
  • G2/IDW-esque Generations Jhiaxus colored like the RiD toy.[/*:m]
  • AOE Evolution 2-Packs using Energon Grimlock and the DOTM dino Mini-Cons[/*:m]
  • G1 Strafe box art on the AOE Strafe Evolution 2-Pack to represent the G1 Swoop-esque toy[/*:m]
  • Walmart getting exclusive AOE redecos of Beast Wars molds from over a decade ago[/*:m]
  • MP Sunstorm not colored like G1 Sunstorm[/*:m][/list:u]


Hey, that's a copy-pasta from the AoE thread. [-(
Re: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more! (1580086)
Posted by Sabrblade on June 7th, 2014 @ 7:35am CDT
-Kanrabat- wrote:
Sabrblade wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:I still find it very odd that they used this Heatwave as opposed to Rescue Bots Heatwave. :-?
It's even got RB Heatwave's Energize dual-nozzle cannon.

Another point of weirdness from the new design team, on top of:
  • Generations Whirl and Roadbuster based more on their G1 toys and not as updated as other "Classics-style" toys[/*:m]
  • G2/IDW-esque Generations Jhiaxus colored like the RiD toy.[/*:m]
  • AOE Evolution 2-Packs using Energon Grimlock and the DOTM dino Mini-Cons[/*:m]
  • G1 Strafe box art on the AOE Strafe Evolution 2-Pack to represent the G1 Swoop-esque toy[/*:m]
  • Walmart getting exclusive AOE redecos of Beast Wars molds from over a decade ago[/*:m]
  • MP Sunstorm not colored like G1 Sunstorm[/*:m][/list:u]


Hey, that's a copy-pasta from the AoE thread. [-(
Nay. It's from the MP Sunstorm thread, but still no less true since the info is still accurate.
Re: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more! (1580786)
Posted by QBKiller94 on June 10th, 2014 @ 9:49am CDT
mblase75 wrote:Anybody tried to build Autobot X / Autobot Spike out of these things yet? He's always the first thing I think of.


Brilliant! I almost spit my coffee on my keyboard.

I saw these at ToysRUs in Middletown, NY yesterday. Megatron and Bulkhead are pretty cool. Bumblebee is horrible. These are a pass for me, even though I love the Marvel Mashers.
Re: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more! (1580789)
Posted by GuyIncognito on June 10th, 2014 @ 9:58am CDT
As an adult collector I have no interest in these, but the 10-year-old me would have LOVED these.
Re: New Galleries: Hero Mashers Transformers Megatron, Optimus Prime, Starscream, Drift and more! (1581050)
Posted by Peridot on June 11th, 2014 @ 6:01am CDT
Mindmaster wrote: I still find it very odd that they used this Heatwave as opposed to Rescue Bots Heatwave. :-?

My guess is that he's supposed to represent a non-kiddie, G1 equivalent of Rescue Bots Heatwave.

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #145 - May Mayhem
Twincast / Podcast #145:
"May Mayhem"
MP3 · iTunes · RSS · View · Discuss · Ask
Posted: Thursday, May 26th, 2016