Transformers News: New Galleries: Masterpiece MP-18S Silverstreak, MP-12T Tigertrack and MP-11S Sunstorm

Sunday, August 3rd, 2014 12:18PM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 27,456

Just yesterday we offered you two Hasbro Masterpiece Transformers, Prowl and Sunstorm - what do you say to three more, from Takara Tomy? Seibertron.com brings you the Takara incarnation of the flaming Seeker MP-11S Sunstorm, a redeco of the Prowl mold in MP-18S Silverstreak, and the yellow version of the Lambor mold MP12T Tigertrack! All of which can be viewed in their full galleries, including both modes and comparison shots, by clicking on any of the images below.

Transformers Masterpiece Silverstreak

Transformers Masterpiece Tigertrack

Transformers Masterpiece Sunstorm

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece MP-18S Silverstreak, MP-12T Tigertrack and MP-11S Sunstorm (1596187)
Posted by Convoy on August 3rd, 2014 @ 12:51pm CDT
I'm kicking myself for not jumping on that MP-11S when the price was right.
Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece MP-18S Silverstreak, MP-12T Tigertrack and MP-11S Sunstorm (1596240)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 3rd, 2014 @ 3:36pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:I don't think the color scheme is that bad ... but that might be because I don't think the Takara one or the Hasbro one are a true "Sunstorm" to me. Whatever happened to Sunstorm being orange with white? Now that would be a true Masterpiece Sunstorm to me.
While I can see where you're coming from with this, the Takara one is at least closer to the deco of the original inspiration for the e-HOBBY G1 Sunstorm toy:

...Which now has me curious about why e-HOBBY decided to go with such an orange shade for their G1 Sunstorm toy instead of gold. :-?
Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece MP-18S Silverstreak, MP-12T Tigertrack and MP-11S Sunstorm (1596245)
Posted by Seibertron on August 3rd, 2014 @ 4:01pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece MP-18S Silverstreak, MP-12T Tigertrack and MP-11S Sunstorm (1596248)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 3rd, 2014 @ 4:17pm CDT
Seibertron wrote:That's definitely debatable. I think Sunstorm has a pretty firm precedent as an orangish and white Transformer toy between all of his toy and fictional appearances. Yellow Sunstorm is fairly new. While I would rather the BotCon "Sunstorm" be a more yellowish color with white instead of black, the shade of the BotCon figure is probably closer to his cartoon appearance above, but with the black, it doesn't make for a good Sunstorm either.
Hmm, yeah, looking at the comparison pics in the gallery, I agree that the BotCon figure got the shade of gold right (didn't realize how banana the Takara MP was compared to the BotCon figure). Though, the Takara MP did at least get the color layout closer to that of both the cartoon model and the e-HOBBY toy. It mostly just needed its fading dark-to-light yellow to be all gold instead. :)

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece MP-18S Silverstreak, MP-12T Tigertrack and MP-11S Sunstorm (1596251)
Posted by Seibertron on August 3rd, 2014 @ 4:19pm CDT
Sabrblade wrote:Still, I do gotta wonder if there's a story behind the e-HOBBY G1 figure being so citrus orange instead of cheddar gold, unless someone at e-HOBBY just thought the animation model was that dark. *shrugs*

I always just compared it to the differences in the gray used for Starscream as a toy versus how he looked in the show.
Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece MP-18S Silverstreak, MP-12T Tigertrack and MP-11S Sunstorm (1596266)
Posted by Downbeat on August 3rd, 2014 @ 5:20pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece MP-18S Silverstreak, MP-12T Tigertrack and MP-11S Sunstorm (1596267)
Posted by Sabrblade on August 3rd, 2014 @ 5:24pm CDT
Downbeat wrote:Is there a translation for Silverstreak's bio? I'm interested if his name means he's a different dude.
I know that someone looked it over and figured out that it's just a version of regular Bluestreak instead of a new guy. Talking about how he talks a lot and other such Bluestreak-y things.
Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece MP-18S Silverstreak, MP-12T Tigertrack and MP-11S Sunstorm (1596290)
Posted by Mr_Autobot411 on August 3rd, 2014 @ 6:40pm CDT
F U Hasbro

first u charge ppl 60 bucks for leader class figures that are way smaller and cheaply made then the prev leader class figures.

then u re-release grimlock and charge 100 for him!

now u release prowl for 100 and a f'ing brown headed sunstorm! for 100 as well.....

gimme a break! this is why 3rd parties are kicking your asses!

i got my takara prowl for 65 bucks............! :HEADHURTS:
Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece MP-18S Silverstreak, MP-12T Tigertrack and MP-11S Sunstorm (1596302)
Posted by Seibertron on August 3rd, 2014 @ 7:24pm CDT
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:F U Hasbro

then u re-release grimlock and charge 100 for him!

gimme a break! this is why 3rd parties are kicking your asses!

i got my takara prowl for 65 bucks............! :HEADHURTS:

While I understand your frustrations, the prices u listed are incorrect. Leader Class figures are 45, MP prowl was 70 and MP sunstorm was 80. Not ideal but definitely cheaper than the prices u mentioned.
Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece MP-18S Silverstreak, MP-12T Tigertrack and MP-11S Sunstorm (1596308)
Posted by shajaki on August 3rd, 2014 @ 7:51pm CDT
Mr_Autobot411 wrote:F U Hasbro

then u re-release grimlock and charge 100 for him!

gimme a break! this is why 3rd parties are kicking your asses!

i got my takara prowl for 65 bucks............! :HEADHURTS:
theres reasons for the route they took with the movie figures this time around:

grimlock, you shoulda bought him the first time around. or bought the takara one which would have been more expensive, THEN would have had to be imported. i bought the first TRU grimlock and im pretty sure i paid around $100 for him (but keep in mind im in canada).

prowl isnt $100. isnt he like 70 or 80? more expensive sure than takaras (and thats only pending on where you got him) but outrageous? i dont think so. ill concede that he shoulda come with the launchers though.

sunstorm i have no words for, other than he's selling, better than acid storm which was far better in my opinion. i thought takaras sunstorm was amazing but people hated that one too. so whadya gonna do?

sorry to everyone out there... just getting bogged down with all the negativity lately... :-(
Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece MP-18S Silverstreak, MP-12T Tigertrack and MP-11S Sunstorm (1596316)
Posted by Mr_Autobot411 on August 3rd, 2014 @ 8:54pm CDT
my bad forgot to mention i live in canada, the prices im quoting are directly from toys r us.....prowl might be 89.99 or 99.99 actually

leader class figures here in canada are 59.99

and i did get grimlock for 69 when he first came out. I feel sorry for all the ppl that are paying 100 for him here in canada.

Hasbro is ripping off fans and collectors bottom line.
Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece MP-18S Silverstreak, MP-12T Tigertrack and MP-11S Sunstorm (1596338)
Posted by User897 on August 3rd, 2014 @ 10:41pm CDT

Forget this guy anyway. If I really wanted Prowl, I'd just go for the Takara version. I am very disappointed that Hasbro is yet again cheapening things I like.
Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece MP-18S Silverstreak, MP-12T Tigertrack and MP-11S Sunstorm (1596348)
Posted by Seibertron on August 3rd, 2014 @ 11:12pm CDT
User897 wrote:Why Hasbro? Why the hell did you paint the copyright info in black inside the left foot, which is white? Talk about sticking out like a sore thumb!

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece MP-18S Silverstreak, MP-12T Tigertrack and MP-11S Sunstorm (1596363)
Posted by CenturionSAM on August 4th, 2014 @ 4:21am CDT
I know why hasbro is giving us Prowl but
why are getting Sumstorm instead of a Skywarp?
I like sunstorm and everything,
but I would liked to get a MP-11 mold of Skywarp.
......So I guess we are going to get all of the Rainmakers
Before Skywarp. :-(
Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece MP-18S Silverstreak, MP-12T Tigertrack and MP-11S Sunstorm (1596367)
Posted by User897 on August 4th, 2014 @ 6:17am CDT
Seibertron wrote:And on that note ... you found the essentially sole difference between the Hasbro and Takara toys. I didn't even notice that but it's right there in the pictures.

Exactly. I don't know what the deal is, but American toy companies have been trying this for a few years now. They get called out on it practically every time as well. DST's Star Trek ships are a prime example. Everything looks great until you find that crap. Black letters and numbers right in the middle of an area that is supposed to be all white, and visible from the front of the toy. Not acceptable in my opinion. I'll grab the Takara if I really want it.
Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece MP-18S Silverstreak, MP-12T Tigertrack and MP-11S Sunstorm (1596425)
Posted by AutoBorst on August 4th, 2014 @ 10:16am CDT
Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece MP-18S Silverstreak, MP-12T Tigertrack and MP-11S Sunstorm (1596444)
Posted by shajaki on August 4th, 2014 @ 11:15am CDT
CenturionSAM wrote:So I guess we are going to get all of the Rainmakers
Before Skywarp. :-(
im not so sure about that... hastak has a tendency to tease us with a trio, and only give us two. im sure everyone remembers what happened with the classics seekers. im banking on takara giving us skywarp and thundercracker (MP11 mold) sometime soon simply because the MP line has been very autobot centric lately. and adding two decepticons like that would be effortless.

AutoBorst wrote:Jesus Christ, Hasbro. How can you justify that enormous box for MP Prowl? That's absurd.
i believe someone already stated it, but its because they were worried about theft. i bet the takara MP car boxes could easily fit under a sweater....
Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece MP-18S Silverstreak, MP-12T Tigertrack and MP-11S Sunstorm (1596531)
Posted by Dr Va'al on August 4th, 2014 @ 3:42pm CDT
We brought you Takara Sunstorm and Hasbro Sunstorm, and many other Masterpiece Transformers figures in the past couple of days, but the streak isn't over yet. Check out below two more Seibertron.com galleries featuring the higher end of collector figures, two incarnations of the Hasbro seekers: Thundercraker and Acid Storm! Click on any image for the full gallery.

Transformers Masterpiece Acid Storm

Transformers Masterpiece Thundercracker

Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece MP-18S Silverstreak, MP-12T Tigertrack and MP-11S Sunstorm (1596536)
Posted by ScottyP on August 4th, 2014 @ 4:04pm CDT
I'm still waiting for the group shot with all 12 MP seekers.
Re: New Galleries: Masterpiece MP-18S Silverstreak, MP-12T Tigertrack and MP-11S Sunstorm (1596538)
Posted by Seibertron on August 4th, 2014 @ 4:17pm CDT
ScottyP wrote:I'm still waiting for the group shot with all 12 MP seekers.

I think there are 13 now! I'll probably do that when Skywarp comes out or if all 3 of the Coneheads are released. Last time I did the group shot was when there were 9 available when MP-11 Starscream came out.

And wasn't there something different about Takara's USA Edition of MP-03 Starscream? I never got that one.

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS Platinum Edition INSECTICONS Bombshell Kickback & Skrapnel Figure - Time Remaining: 4 days 23 hours 52 minutes 33 seconds
Takara Tomy Transformers Masterpiece MP-26 Road Rage robot JAPAN RARE - Time Remaining: 3 days 8 hours 15 minutes 21 seconds
Takara Tommy Transformers Optimus Prime TAV21 Adventure OPTIMUSPRIME TAV21 RARE - Time Remaining: 5 days 6 hours 45 minutes 30 seconds
New TAKARA TOMY Transformers Masterpiece MP-25 Tracks figure statue Japan Rare - Time Remaining: 3 days 8 hours 22 seconds
Transformers Smokescreen Collection 5 Japanese Version with Catalog NFRB - Time Remaining: 3 days 2 hours 16 minutes 16 seconds
Transformers G1 Brave Police HOT HOUSE mold MINT MIB micromaster - Time Remaining: 3 days 22 hours 32 minutes 41 seconds
TRANSFORMERS HENKEI ASTROTRAIN D-03 TAKARA JAPAN MISB NEW - Time Remaining: 4 days 7 hours 17 minutes 46 seconds
Transformers Age of Extinction Generations Deluxe Class Bumblebee Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 34 minutes 4 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #148 - And Rom The Space Knight
"And Rom The Space Knight"
Posted: Monday, June 27th, 2016