New Galleries: Micromasters Countdown and Skystalker

Transformers News: New Galleries: Micromasters Countdown and Skystalker

Thursday, December 24th, 2009 2:13AM CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Mkall   Views: 48,430

Seibertron keeps taking pictures!

This time he brings us a blast from the past, with images of two cool Micromasters and their playsets. Countdown and his Rocket Base (or in this case, the Japanese version; Moon Radar) and Skystalker with his Jet Command Center.

Check them out below!
Countdown:
New Photogalleries: Micromasters Countdown and Skystalker

Skystalker:
New Photogalleries: Micromasters Countdown and Skystalker
Re: New Galleries: Micromasters Countdown and Skystalker (1030723)
Posted by Anonymous. on December 24th, 2009 @ 2:35am CST
Those are two pretty tight looking figures.
Re: New Galleries: Micromasters Countdown and Skystalker (1030756)
Posted by Windsweeper on December 24th, 2009 @ 7:41am CST
That Countdown brings back memories. Can't believe it's 20 years since I won him in the Christmas UK TF comic competition. Issue 250.

Always wanted Skystalker. Must check for him on Ebay.
Re: New Galleries: Micromasters Countdown and Skystalker (1030762)
Posted by frogbat on December 24th, 2009 @ 8:29am CST
that's cool to know peeps actually won such compos

the micromasters and these 2 especially were amongst my favourite tfs when i was a kid - also had groundbreaker and skyhopper

countdown and skystalker did seem especially delicate compare to other tfs - countdown's red turret peg broke off almost immediately as did skystalker's wings - a pity really - my nephews proceeded to obliterate the pair later on in the toys' lives.

countdown's rocket provided a few smirks in my teenage years when i had friends over - had to assure some it wasn't a marital aid.
Re: New Galleries: Micromasters Countdown and Skystalker (1030770)
Posted by JelZe GoldRabbit on December 24th, 2009 @ 9:58am CST
I got Countdown with the Rocket Base a couple years back (without the white robot arm and the scout vehicle needs replacing, those are hard to find!), my very first 2nd-hand purchase and I've always wanted Skystalker ever since I saw him in the 1989 catalog. The galleries and making me drool, yet glow green with envy :twisted:
Re: New Galleries: Micromasters Countdown and Skystalker (1030989)
Posted by zodconvoy on December 25th, 2009 @ 1:13pm CST
I've been looking for a Countdown & Rocket Base for years. One of my last Transformers when I was a kid and by Primus, that base mode was awesome. My new favorite gallery!
Re: New Galleries: Micromasters Countdown and Skystalker (1031575)
Posted by It Is Him on December 28th, 2009 @ 6:43pm CST
Countdown and Skystalker were two of my favorites growing up. I think of these two Transformers fondly. So cool!
Re: New Galleries: Micromasters Countdown and Skystalker (1031579)
Posted by IceWilly on December 28th, 2009 @ 6:57pm CST
I still have both of these figures, and to this day they have seen more play wear than any of my other toys. My father repaired the Skystalker wings so many different times, and with some incredibly creative methods as well. I still have them, and they are still awesome :)

Micromasters in general are just great.

Ending Soon On eBay

transformers collectors club fisitron - Time Remaining: 5 days 4 hours 50 minutes 26 seconds
TRANSFORMERS COLLECTORS CLUB Jackpot TFCC Timelines Sealed Autobot Decepticon - Time Remaining: 6 days 5 hours 29 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Collectors Club TFCC 1.0 Scourge Nemesis Prime MIB UNUSED - Time Remaining: 6 days 6 hours 9 minutes 54 seconds
Transformers Timelines TCC TFSS 2.0 Rewind Eject - Time Remaining: 9 days 1 hour 12 minutes 54 seconds
HASBRO--TRANSFORMERS TIMELINES--FISITRON FIGURE (LOOK) CLUB EXCLUSIVE - Time Remaining: 9 days 7 hours 20 minutes 53 seconds
Transformers TFCC Club Exclusive Scourge 2013 TFSS MIB Unused - Time Remaining: 10 days 3 hours 4 minutes 36 seconds
HASBRO--TRANSFORMERS TIMELINES--CIRCUIT FIGURE (LOOK) CLUB EXCLUSIVE - Time Remaining: 10 days 5 hours 30 minutes 59 seconds
Transformers Collectors Club exclusive BREAKDOWN Deluxe boxed CHUG Classics - Time Remaining: 11 days 8 hours 42 minutes 7 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #163 - Through The Space Hole