Transformers News: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Shockwave's Laboratory Set

Monday, July 15th, 2013 6:10AM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News, Event News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 26,395

Every year, SDCC brings with it some pretty big Transformers exclusives, such as this year's Metroplex, which was covered here. Sometimes, however, we tend to forget that even the little guys can make a big impact as an exclusive and the one that we're focusing on today is no different: San Diego Comic-Con Exclusives Shockwave (Shockwave's Lab). As you can see, the packaging is part of the diorama and helps tie the two figures together in an impressive display:

New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Shockwave's Laboratory Set

Included are Transformers Prime Beast Hunters Voyager Class Shockwave and Cyberverse Commander Class Predaking, in his "protoform" level of development.

New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Shockwave's Laboratory Set

Predaking is redone almost completely in translucent plastic, with bits of purple throughout, while Shockwave is his recognizable purple, but with new yellow deco sparsely applied on his body.

New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Shockwave's Laboratory Set

The set is available only at SDCC, priced at $49.99. To see more of the galleries of Shockwave and Predaking you can click on any of the pictures below. You can visit all of Seibertron.com's extensive galleries by clicking here.

New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Shockwave's Laboratory Set

San Diego Comic-Con Exclusives Predaking (Shockwave's Lab)

New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Shockwave's Laboratory Set

Keep your optics tuned to Seibertron.com for the latest news, updates and the best galleries around!

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Shockwave's Laboratory Set (1503289)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 15th, 2013 @ 7:29am CDT
Probably the better of the three SDCC exclusives. The Titan Guardians PVCs are just horrible all around, and Metroplex is way out of my league. Hopefully the aftermarket prices won't be ridiculous...
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Shockwave's Laboratory Set (1503309)
Posted by Seibertron on July 15th, 2013 @ 9:52am CDT
I really like the Predaking figure from this set. It feels like a Japanese chase figure to me since we don't usually receive transparent exclusives from Hasbro. Kudos for this unique figure and set. I really liked it.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Shockwave's Laboratory Set (1503323)
Posted by El Duque on July 15th, 2013 @ 10:43am CDT
I have a feeling this set till be easy to get just like the last two Transformers Prime SDCC exclusives. The Matrix Deluxe Prime and the Rust in Peace Cliffjumper were both available for a while on HTS.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Shockwave's Laboratory Set (1503340)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 15th, 2013 @ 11:32am CDT

Predaking. That translucent plastic makes me cringe. I have Armada Mini-Cons just cracking like eggshells. I'm not the only one. It's no GPS, but TPS is a real problem. I'm hoping that since his plastic appears to be thicker, it might not crack or break. (One can hope)
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Shockwave's Laboratory Set (1503342)
Posted by njb902 on July 15th, 2013 @ 11:40am CDT
Autobot032 wrote:I really do like this set, especially the diorama, but one thing troubles me greatly.

Maybe you should file a tps report :lol:
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Shockwave's Laboratory Set (1503343)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 15th, 2013 @ 11:42am CDT
njb902 wrote:

Maybe you should file a tps report :lol:

Hmmmmm.... yeeeeeah. But then I'd have to stay over on Saturday...Yeeeeah, that'd be great, okay? Thanks.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Shockwave's Laboratory Set (1503413)
Posted by Noideaforaname on July 15th, 2013 @ 2:43pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Shockwave's Laboratory Set (1503414)
Posted by Autobot032 on July 15th, 2013 @ 2:50pm CDT
Noideaforaname wrote:Is Shockwave's eye yellow? It doesn't look like it, but being translucent probably obscures it a little. Looks kinda... dead, compared to the mass-release.

No, it's red like the mass release. Might be a darker shade, though. Seibertron could shed more light on that one.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Shockwave's Laboratory Set (1503627)
Posted by GuyIncognito on July 16th, 2013 @ 8:45am CDT
That diorama looks half-assed. Looks like someone threw together a prototype with some leftover plastic packaging and they said "Meh, good enough, let's just make it like that."

Seems like they put a lot of thought and time and effort into other SDCC exclusives, like the awesome GI Joe crossover sets, but when it comes to Transformers they're just like "Give it a slightly different paint job, put it in a fancy box, and sell it for double the retail value."

Ending Soon On eBay

TRANSFORMERS ANIMATED  PRIME VOYAGER HASBRO OPTIMUS PRIME + TAKARA BULKHEAD SET - Time Remaining: 3 days 1 hour 42 minutes 30 seconds
Takara Transformers Music Label Soundwave MP3 Player Figure (Blaster Black Ver) - Time Remaining: 4 days 1 hour 15 minutes 22 seconds
QC Transformers ROTF Revenge of the Fallen Voyager Class MINDWIPE Complete - Time Remaining: 17 days 9 hours 1 minute 10 seconds
QC Transformers Movie Fodder Lot for Parts or Custom Optimus Prime Fallen Jazz - Time Remaining: 2 days 22 hours 46 minutes 19 seconds
Transformers Alternators TRACKS Complete Hasbro Blue Corvette Figure - Time Remaining: 3 days 5 hours 47 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Generations Combiner Wars Victorion JUMPSTREAM Deluxe Class Loose - Time Remaining: 5 days 3 minutes 58 seconds
Transformers Universe REISSUE Generations G1  Menasor Stunticons Super Warrior - Time Remaining: 2 days 21 hours 35 minutes 39 seconds
Transformers 2 Movie ROTF Construction Devastator Legend CLASS Figure - Time Remaining: 17 days 22 minutes 45 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016