Submit News Contact Us Translate Sign in Join

Transformers News: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave

Saturday, July 13th, 2013 5:11PM CDT

Categories: Collectables, Event News, Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Va'al   Views: 24,101

Ryan has been working even harder, and we have another set of galleries to share with all Seibertron users! This time round it's the five Titan Guardians figures: Soundwave, Megatron, Stascream, Optimus Prime and Grimlock. Click on any of the images below to view the full gallery.

San Diego Comic-Con Exclusives Megatron

San Diego Comic-Con Exclusives Soundwave

San Diego Comic-Con Exclusives Starscream

San Diego Comic-Con Exclusives Optimus Prime

San Diego Comic-Con Exclusives Grimlock

Credit(s): Seibertron
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1502970)
Posted by TulioDude on July 13th, 2013 @ 5:52pm CDT
I dont understand why they did these guys,who they are targeted at?
Are they meant to be small exclusives that look nice(like small statues)?
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1502989)
Posted by Crystal Rodimus on July 13th, 2013 @ 8:40pm CDT
At first look last month, I wanted these.

No more.

Ugh.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1502992)
Posted by Mkall on July 13th, 2013 @ 8:43pm CDT
Starscream's face is hilarious. He's making the same grin I used to make when I thought I was being all sneaky and secretive.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1502993)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on July 13th, 2013 @ 8:48pm CDT
Man these manage to look incredibly lame, even more so than i initially thought :lol:
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1503009)
Posted by TulioDude on July 13th, 2013 @ 9:51pm CDT
On a second look though,the sculpt on these is very nice,particularly on Megatron.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1503022)
Posted by Autobot Megatron on July 13th, 2013 @ 11:37pm CDT
For exclusives, they could have used more than four colors of paint...
How much are these things again?
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1503231)
Posted by LiKwid on July 14th, 2013 @ 10:12pm CDT

Im passin on the HTS stakeout this year, BBTS has my back =)
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1503251)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 14th, 2013 @ 11:41pm CDT
LiKwid wrote:As in past years I post a warning to those who are wanting to get these from HTS..BE WARNED that HTS normally ships this things like they are angry. The past 4 years I have gotten the exclusives and the boxes they ship in are normally 4 sizes to big with no packing what so ever. If your a misb collector be warned, if you plan on opening these they go right ahead...

Im passin on the HTS stakeout this year, BBTS has my back =)

Also their servers really get backed up and the site slows down if not crashes.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1503876)
Posted by blackfreeze75 on July 17th, 2013 @ 9:28am CDT
Guys I'm new here, but I'm wondering what date and avg time does exclusive go on HasbroToyShop after comic con? Thanks
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1503962)
Posted by jamesbenjamin on July 17th, 2013 @ 3:21pm CDT

This is the page they'll show up on:
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1504099)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 17th, 2013 @ 10:40pm CDT
jamesbenjamin wrote:Its usually the monday, tuesday, or wednesday after the con, between 9am and noon.

This is the page they'll show up on:

Will this be the page we'll all loiter on waiting for notice that they're live?
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1504100)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 17th, 2013 @ 10:42pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

This is the page they'll show up on:

Will this be the page we'll all loiter on waiting for notice that they're live?

Unquestionably, yes. :lol:
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1504101)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 17th, 2013 @ 10:45pm CDT
Mindmaster wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

This is the page they'll show up on:

Will this be the page we'll all loiter on waiting for notice that they're live?

Unquestionably, yes. :lol:

Who's bringing the eggs because I got the bacon to make breakfast?
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1504104)
Posted by Mindmaster on July 17th, 2013 @ 10:47pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Mindmaster wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

This is the page they'll show up on:

Will this be the page we'll all loiter on waiting for notice that they're live?

Unquestionably, yes. :lol:

Who's bringing the eggs because I got the bacon to make breakfast?

Well, I have some in my fridge. But there's only enough to feed two or three. 8-}
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1504189)
Posted by Va'al on July 18th, 2013 @ 4:27am CDT
To round off the preview night galleries, for those of you still awake or just getting up, here's the gallery of the SDCC Transformers exclusives! This includes the GI Joe/Transformers crossover set with Bludgeon, Hound, Ravage, Jetfire and Blaster and the previously seen Shockwave's Laboratory. Click on any of the images below to access the full gallery, and click here for more coverage from SDCC 13!

Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1504195)
Posted by Sclifford5 on July 18th, 2013 @ 5:00am CDT
So where's SDCC Metroplex? I couldn't see him listed on the Hasbro exclusives page on the SDCC website and now i'm worried my friend won't be able to pick him up on the preview night...
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1504253)
Posted by Tigertrack on July 18th, 2013 @ 8:37am CDT
Can't wait. Like. Sad they're done with this kind of exclusive but okay with it to.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1504266)
Posted by Convotron on July 18th, 2013 @ 8:58am CDT
As a big fan of both the GI Joe and Transformers brands, I love these kinds of toy crossovers. Bludgeon looks neat-o to me and the latest Budo mold is a perfect fit for such a crossover.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1504270)
Posted by Metrosuplex on July 18th, 2013 @ 9:07am CDT
They look awesome, but I really wish there was a "figure-only" set. I don't have the space for that giant jet! :BANG_HEAD: And $100 is a lot for that badass Baroness and Ravage figures! =P~

Seriously, Hasbro! Throw us poor people a bone! :roll:
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1505412)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 21st, 2013 @ 6:21pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1505435)
Posted by SLUGSLINGER81 on July 21st, 2013 @ 8:32pm CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:Sooo with SDCC2013 just about over the next question is when will HTS get the exclusives up and ready to rock? Will it be Tuesday or Wednesday and what time?

I'm hoping for tomorrow, but you're right it's usually been either on a tue or web...but with HTS you never know...btw, would these show under the "exclusives" in the HTS page?
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1505468)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 21st, 2013 @ 11:56pm CDT
SLUGSLINGER81 wrote:

I think so. It's been my experience that the SDCC stuff never goes up on Monday because the team needs a day to recover.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1505759)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 23rd, 2013 @ 2:25pm CDT
Got a feeling that tomorrow is go day. If my memory serves me 9AM EST is the magic hour. Any idea how much Black series Boba Fett is?
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1505978)
Posted by Pigbeard on July 24th, 2013 @ 7:52am CDT
Time for refresh button camping! >:oP
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1505983)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 24th, 2013 @ 8:13am CDT
Pigbeard wrote:Time for refresh button camping! >:oP

I hope today is the right day
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1505984)
Posted by Pigbeard on July 24th, 2013 @ 8:15am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Pigbeard wrote:Time for refresh button camping! >:oP

I hope today is the right day

I think Weds after the con is the latest they've ever come up? Or no?
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1505985)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 24th, 2013 @ 8:16am CDT
Pigbeard wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
Pigbeard wrote:Time for refresh button camping! >:oP

I hope today is the right day

I think Weds after the con is the latest they've ever come up? Or no?

Actually it's been the day the last few years. Anybody got eggs? I got bacon!
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1505992)
Posted by ScottyP on July 24th, 2013 @ 8:44am CDT
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1505993)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 24th, 2013 @ 8:46am CDT
ScottyP wrote:Is this where we hang out while waiting on them? I'm hoping they get posted before 1 pm eastern because I actually have real work to do after that.

Yup this is where we're hanging. Can someone find the thread from last year and see what time it all went live? Hopefully it'll all be over before 1PM EST.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1505994)
Posted by Pigbeard on July 24th, 2013 @ 8:46am CDT

I'm banking on noon, just from last year's experience.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1505995)
Posted by Pigbeard on July 24th, 2013 @ 8:48am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

It was 12:09 Eastern last year.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1505996)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 24th, 2013 @ 8:48am CDT
Pigbeard wrote:

I'm banking on noon, just from last year's experience.

I know people say this every year but it would be nice if they could give us a date and time. Everyone else has to work on Deadlines, why not HTS?
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1505998)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 24th, 2013 @ 8:51am CDT
Pigbeard wrote:
chuckdawg1999 wrote:

It was 12:09 Eastern last year.

Thanks. Now if we can have the times from the last five years to come up with an average...
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1506000)
Posted by ScottyP on July 24th, 2013 @ 8:54am CDT
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1506002)
Posted by Pigbeard on July 24th, 2013 @ 8:54am CDT
ScottyP wrote:Looking at my order history, I have 2011's info. My order was confirmed at 12:58 eastern, and I recall that being roughly 10 minutes after they went up. Gonna go check my old emails for more data, hehe.

We're onto something!
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1506004)
Posted by ScottyP on July 24th, 2013 @ 8:59am CDT
Pigbeard wrote:

We're onto something!

Ok, in 2009 and 2010 I didn't get in on the craziness. I was too much of a noob in 2006/2007 and got Alternators Nemesis Prime and Titanium Menasor off ebay.

I at least have 2008: My Cobra Commander President order went through at 11:17 AM eastern, and my Nemesis Prime/Titanium Skywarp went through at 12:17 PM eastern (time zone weirdness perhaps?). Yay for not deleting emails?
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1506006)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 24th, 2013 @ 9:01am CDT
ScottyP wrote:
Pigbeard wrote:

We're onto something!

So we're looking at between 11AM and 12PM EST?
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1506009)
Posted by ScottyP on July 24th, 2013 @ 9:09am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
ScottyP wrote:
Pigbeard wrote:

We're onto something!

So we're looking at between 11AM and 12PM EST?

Yeah I'm gonna go with Noon eastern, give or take half an hour. Are they west coast based?
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1506012)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on July 24th, 2013 @ 9:14am CDT
Today at 12:00 PM EST is probably the best guess we have right now. I think the reason behind HasbroToyShop's coyness with the launch time is to ensure everyone a fair shot at the exclusives. The fewer employees in the know on their end, the fewer of their friends and family who will know exactly when to snipe the product and turn it around for a huge profit on the secondary market.

I believe HTS is based out of Pennsylvania. At least, that is where their products are all shipped from.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1506018)
Posted by datguy86 on July 24th, 2013 @ 9:33am CDT
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1506022)
Posted by ScottyP on July 24th, 2013 @ 9:49am CDT
datguy86 wrote:I should just let you guys know when I leave to babysit my nieces and nephew, since they'll go live the precise moment I cannot access the internet.

Unless you're just in it for Metroplex, I wouldn't worry -too- much. I don't see the other two moving crazy fast. You'll probably have at least a few hours to get Shockwave and a few weeks to get the Action Masters.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1506027)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on July 24th, 2013 @ 9:59am CDT
I'm pretty sure most of us are in this JUST for Metroplex. ;)
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1506035)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 24th, 2013 @ 10:19am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:I'm pretty sure most of us are in this JUST for Metroplex. ;)

I'm actually waiting on the Boba Fett

Don't forget COMIC2013 for a discount
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1506046)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on July 24th, 2013 @ 10:34am CDT
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1506048)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 24th, 2013 @ 10:36am CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:Good luck with the "Comic2013" discount code. Usually, HasbroToyShop won't let you use discounts on their "exclusive" items, and their FAQ for SCDD 2013 confirms this. Although, that said, I was able to order Platinum Edition Predaking from them with one of their 15% off coupon codes.

I won't even chance it then. You can loose items before you finalize the order.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1506049)
Posted by chuckdawg1999 on July 24th, 2013 @ 10:37am CDT

I won't even chance it then. You can loose items before you finalize the order.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1506051)
Posted by datguy86 on July 24th, 2013 @ 10:37am CDT
ScottyP wrote:

In for Metroplex and Shockwave's Laboratory (which I always sing in my head like Dexter's Laboratory). Anyway, heading out. Time to put my hypothesis in motion. Good Luck.
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1506056)
Posted by ScottyP on July 24th, 2013 @ 10:44am CDT
chuckdawg1999 wrote:
I won't even chance it then. You can loose items before you finalize the order.

Yep.

Also, remember - log in BEFORE they go up! Saves you a step! Also gives you a chance to have shipping, billing, and credit card info saved. Then you just have to click click click click click click click click click click

brownine_monsters
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1506059)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on July 24th, 2013 @ 10:55am CDT
Best of luck to all! Remember, this may be a pain in the butt right now to deal with HasboToyShop, but it's nowhere near as rage-inducing as trying to order from MattyCollector.com. ;)
Re: New Galleries: SDCC 2013 Titan Guardians Optimus Prime, Megatron, Grimlock, Starscream and Soundwave (1506066)
Posted by Pigbeard on July 24th, 2013 @ 11:15am CDT
:BANG_HEAD:

Click here to view an additional 165 comments about this topic at the Energon Pub Forums ...

Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #96 - Age of Extinction