Transformers News: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Soundwave, Soundblaster, Blaster and Data Discs!

Monday, March 24th, 2014 12:04AM CDT

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Autobot032   Views: 22,275

The Seibertron.com camera has been busy at work, again, this time capturing some Japanese Generations goodness! These galleries feature Takara Tomy's War For Cybertron Soundwave, plus Fall Of Cybertron Blaster, Soundblaster and Soundwave, plus all of their Data Disc companions!

As always, we provide comparison pictures between the various US/Japanese versions, so you can see which one is right for you. The pictures below are your gateway to the full galleries, you can click on any under each heading to be taken to that figure's gallery.

So, without further ado, click away!

Transformers United Soundwave Cybertron Mode

Generations Rewind

Generations Eject

Generations Ramhorn

Generations Sunder

Most Popular Transformers News

Most Recent Transformers News

Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Soundwave, Soundblaster, Blaster and Data Discs! (1559619)
Posted by NassaDane on March 24th, 2014 @ 12:21am CDT
Man, I didn't know the japanese Soundwave looked so cool. I guess I'm happy with mine but he still looks real nice.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Soundwave, Soundblaster, Blaster and Data Discs! (1559711)
Posted by shajaki on March 24th, 2014 @ 10:22am CDT
i have the first deluxe FOC soundwave. the paint job on the takara version is TO DIE for. i would recommend him to anyone. even at ebay prices, for people who dont even like soundwave, or dont even know what a transformer is.

however i wasnt aware how nice takaras voyager versions were. im just not a fan of the voyager mold, its just to big. and i really do give them props for attempting on the data discs, but ultimately they were a fail.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Soundwave, Soundblaster, Blaster and Data Discs! (1560694)
Posted by Dr Va'al on March 27th, 2014 @ 11:58am CDT
We have some more high quality toy galleries for you today, here at Seibertron.com! The latest addition sees Generations back in fashion, with two figures which are exclusive to BicCamera and Kojima stores in Japan - take a look at Fireblast Grimlock, a red and yellow redeco with green highlights of its Generations Voyager counterpart (and an homage to the Transformers Animated Fireblast Grimlock), and Thundercracker, a mostly blue repaint with metallic finishes of the Generations Deluxe Starscream mold. As always, click on any of the images below for the full galleries!

Transformers Generations Fireblast Grimlock

Transformers Generations Thundercracker

Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Soundwave, Soundblaster, Blaster and Data Discs! (1560718)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2014 @ 12:43pm CDT
Fireblast Grimlock is also a homage to Super Link Dinobot Magma-Type, especially in Dino Mode. 8)

Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Soundwave, Soundblaster, Blaster and Data Discs! (1560726)
Posted by Noideaforaname on March 27th, 2014 @ 1:12pm CDT
Is it wrong I find the Animated figure the most attractive out of all those pictured?
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Soundwave, Soundblaster, Blaster and Data Discs! (1560728)
Posted by T-Macksimus on March 27th, 2014 @ 1:22pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Soundwave, Soundblaster, Blaster and Data Discs! (1560739)
Posted by Seibertron on March 27th, 2014 @ 2:00pm CDT
T-Macksimus wrote:I just can't help but walk away from a gallery of a Takara Transformer thinking "Hasbro, you cheap bastards!" Happens almost every single time. That Thundercracker looks amazing. I would love to get an entire Seeker set from Takara but I just can't stand what they did to Skywarp. 'Scream and T-Cracker look amazing but I'm not thrilled with 'Warp so the set would just bug me. While I may covet this version of Thundercracker, it isn't so far removed from the version I have that I can't live with mine but I do have to applaud this one. It's amazing.

While Takara Tomy has done some nice variations with Transformers than the Hasbro counterparts, I find myself preferring the Hasbro versions usually ... probably mostly because of cost. I own most Takara Transformers products that have been released since 2006. I find that the quality control problems that people experience with Hasbro's Transformers products happen just as often, if not more due to extra paint apps, with Takara products. There are a few exceptions from time-to-time on both sides of the fence, but when cost is taken into consideration, Hasbro usually wins hands down with me.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Soundwave, Soundblaster, Blaster and Data Discs! (1560747)
Posted by Mkall on March 27th, 2014 @ 2:20pm CDT
I like that Grimlock; I really do. I like the homages to both the Animated and Superlink figure, but it doesn't have a place in my collection.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Soundwave, Soundblaster, Blaster and Data Discs! (1560764)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on March 27th, 2014 @ 3:46pm CDT
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Soundwave, Soundblaster, Blaster and Data Discs! (1560792)
Posted by shajaki on March 27th, 2014 @ 6:17pm CDT
Wolfman Jake wrote:After avoiding purchasing Takara-Tomy releases for years, for many of the same reasons others have said (too costly to justify the small differences), I've been slowly amassing quite a collection of modern Transformers product from Japan now. I first made an exception earlier this year, after putting up with Classics Megatron since 2007, by getting United Voyager Megatron for my Classics display. I rationalized that the difference in deco was significant enough and it was important to me to finally have a gun altmode G1 Megatron with the correct colors for my Classics display. Then...I decided to order the Seeker Aces and Elites sets. They are fantastic, very screen accurate, and give my Classics seekers some nice internal consistency with their paint layouts. Now, I've got both Autobot Specialists and the Decepticon Specialists three-packs on preorder. I also picked up a United Scourge to make him more distinguished from his Sweeps clones on my shelf (who will remain the Hasbro versions, of course). I've got a whole wishlist now of Takara-Tomy takes on characters I already have from Hasbro just for the sake of better G1/show accuracy. For the longest time, I convinced myself it was alright that some of my figures were more "toy accurate" than screen accurate, or simply homaged their G1 looks, in keeping with the "Classics" mission statement of modern updates instead of slavish G1 recreations, but now, I can't help but go for the screen accuracy that Takara-Tomy usually gives us. I will agree that paint chipping can be a problem with some figures. My solution so far as been to invest in "Sharpie" permant ink-paint pens to fill in some blemishes on figures. I had to touch up Skywarp and Thundercracker's silver paint from the Seekers Aces set, and those pens work like a charm! You may have to search a little to get the best paint matches for a particular figure, but your investment for a set of pens with a wide variety of colors will still be less expensive than many of the more demanded Takara-Tomy figures.

i was the same way, except it wasnt a monetary thing for me. i just wasnt as "in" to the hobby that i am now. the only figures i HAD to have the imports of were the masterpieces. but when i got deeper into collecting and researched the differences between hasbro and takara releases, there was no question. i had to have the superior decos. and since i can afford it, why wouldnt i? so over the last year and a half i went from owning about half the classics/generations line, to being two (or so) figures shy of having a complete henkei-united-TG collection exclusives and all. and buying henkei after the fact, was killer on the wallet. but at the end of the day im really happy with my collection.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Soundwave, Soundblaster, Blaster and Data Discs! (1560793)
Posted by shajaki on March 27th, 2014 @ 6:23pm CDT
oh yeah! the gallery!
my interest on grim was piqued when i first saw him so ill probably get him. thundercracker looks reaallly nice. he even makes me want to get takaras awful skywarp to complete the trio.... ill probably end up with all six in the end.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Soundwave, Soundblaster, Blaster and Data Discs! (1560796)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on March 27th, 2014 @ 6:50pm CDT

It's a good thing.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Soundwave, Soundblaster, Blaster and Data Discs! (1560801)
Posted by shajaki on March 27th, 2014 @ 7:09pm CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:Totally offtopic, but Shajaki, every time I see your username, I have to sing "I feel for you" in my head.

It's a good thing.

iiiii.... uhhhh.... ok!

*youtubes*

*confused look*

ok!
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Soundwave, Soundblaster, Blaster and Data Discs! (1560805)
Posted by Midnight_Fox on March 27th, 2014 @ 7:43pm CDT
shajaki wrote:

It's a good thing.

iiiii.... uhhhh.... ok!

*youtubes*

*confused look*

ok!

My brain starts saying your name and it gradually turns into Shaka Khan.

It's a strange and wonderful place in my head.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Soundwave, Soundblaster, Blaster and Data Discs! (1560813)
Posted by shajaki on March 27th, 2014 @ 9:12pm CDT
Midnight_Fox wrote:
shajaki wrote:

It's a good thing.

iiiii.... uhhhh.... ok!

*youtubes*

*confused look*

ok!

My brain starts saying your name and it gradually turns into Shaka Khan.

It's a strange and wonderful place in my head.

:lol:

i know the screen name is odd... i made it in high school and it just stuck. its an amalgamation of my name. shawn jason king. please dont use this info to steal my identity. i watch dateline.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Soundwave, Soundblaster, Blaster and Data Discs! (1560824)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 27th, 2014 @ 10:56pm CDT
Too late. You posted it online for all to see. Mwahahahaha. :twisted:

:P
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Soundwave, Soundblaster, Blaster and Data Discs! (1560829)
Posted by Wolfman Jake on March 27th, 2014 @ 11:20pm CDT
Voyager Soundwave and Soundblaster look nice with shinier paint, but, I think I like the Hasbro ones much better, especially for G1 accuracy purposes in my Classics collection. The extra paint details like the gold paint on the shins actually add to the cartoon accuracy. PROTIP: if you have both Hasbro Soundwave and Soundblaster, switch their guns. It helps give Soundwave an even more authentic G1 look. I guess the Takara-Tomy versions are more game accurate? I feel similarly about Hasbro's Blaster, which got the red and gray plastics spot on for the original toy. It makes me smile each time I spot him on my shelf. :)
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Soundwave, Soundblaster, Blaster and Data Discs! (1560839)
Posted by Autobot032 on March 28th, 2014 @ 1:54am CDT
Seibertron.com is proud to present their newest galleries: Armada Starscream! This is one for the Unicron Trilogy fans and it takes everyone's favorite backstabber and puts him front and center from his redesigned origins in Armada, all the way to his Generations remake of today! Everything from the Hasbro versions to Takara, and even a gallery of the Mini-Con partners, plus our always reliable comparison photos and groupshots.

Click on any of the images below to be taken to that figure's gallery:

Transformers Generations Armada Starscream

Armada Starscream

Armada Grid

Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Soundwave, Soundblaster, Blaster and Data Discs! (1560843)
Posted by toyskingstudio on March 28th, 2014 @ 3:35am CDT
:lol: looking good
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations Soundwave, Soundblaster, Blaster and Data Discs! (1560876)
Posted by Sabrblade on March 28th, 2014 @ 7:35am CDT
Awesome to see a gallery for not just Generations TG-33 Armada Starcream but for Micron Densetsu MD-02 Starscream. 8)