New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-25 Orion Pax vs Megatronus

Transformers News: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-25 Orion Pax vs Megatronus

Wednesday, February 5th, 2014 10:57AM CST

Categories: Site News, Toy News
Posted by: Dr Va'al   Views: 18,907

Not long after the last night's Goldbug gallery, Seibertron.com is proud to present yet more galleries of Takara Generations Deluxe figures, and this time, it's double trouble. Take a look below at the awkwardly named Megatronus vs Orion Pax two-pack, all their shinyness - click on any of the images for the full gallery, and check out their Hasbro counterparts here for Orion, and here for Megatron!

Generations Megatronus

Generations Orion Pax

Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-25 Orion Pax vs Megatronus (1548113)
Posted by mooncake623 on February 5th, 2014 @ 11:00am CST
Seibertron wrote:

#4 - Skids ... ball joint for upper left leg snapped right off his crotch when I tried popping off the leg to swap the upper leg parts that are misassembled from the factory.

That's four out of 14 deluxe class Generations figures that I've had problems with. Very distressing (pun intended)!!!

Wow the exact same thing happened to me on the same leg on the same ball joint when I was trying to fix the misassembly issue.... was a bitch to find another one. ended up paying 20 bucks for him at a comic book shop.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-25 Orion Pax vs Megatronus (1548120)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on February 5th, 2014 @ 11:23am CST
He looks way better than the already cool American version
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-25 Orion Pax vs Megatronus (1548218)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 5th, 2014 @ 6:50pm CST
welcometothedarksyde wrote:He looks way better than the already cool American version
He who?
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-25 Orion Pax vs Megatronus (1548512)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on February 6th, 2014 @ 11:38pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:
He who?

Megatron, probably should have specified
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-25 Orion Pax vs Megatronus (1548543)
Posted by Dr Va'al on February 7th, 2014 @ 4:55am CST
As we continue in the Seibertron.com quest to have the best toy galleries around, we are now proud to present the latest produce of the unstoppable skills of Ryan: Generations Voyager Rhinox and Doubledealer! The latter is a repaint and remold of triple changer, triple faced Blitzwing, with a new blue colour scheme and head; Rhinox, on the other hand, is an entirely new mold, upgrading his Beast Wars look on a design by Emiliano Santalucia. Click on any of the images below for the full gallery!

Generations Rhinox

Generations Doubledealer

Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-25 Orion Pax vs Megatronus (1548552)
Posted by Amelie on February 7th, 2014 @ 6:42am CST
[color=deeppink]Doubledealer is a big waste of that mold. Flywheels was perfect for it. Even that Megatron custom someone did with it was a better use.

Looks like Powermasters are going to be one line that Hasbro won't homage during the Generations line... I wonder if Brainstorm is going to be a proper headmaster?[/color]
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-25 Orion Pax vs Megatronus (1548598)
Posted by Noideaforaname on February 7th, 2014 @ 9:32am CST

Darn Sandstorm for making ridiculous retools a possibility. *shakes fist*
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-25 Orion Pax vs Megatronus (1548601)
Posted by Sabrblade on February 7th, 2014 @ 9:38am CST
Noideaforaname wrote:I'd so get Rhinox IF someone hadn't speculated a Torca retool out of him. I'm not really crazy about getting doubles of Voyager molds, and for me Fuzors > anything.

Darn Sandstorm for making ridiculous retools a possibility. *shakes fist*
The Torca thing is more of a deep fandom desire rather than anything concrete. I'd say go for the mold now if you want it, rather than waiting for something that may not happen later.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-25 Orion Pax vs Megatronus (1548653)
Posted by Seibertron on February 7th, 2014 @ 12:20pm CST
Amelie wrote:Doubledealer is a big waste of that mold. Flywheels was perfect for it. Even that Megatron custom someone did with it was a better use.

I agree, and I think Springer with a new head might work OK for Battletrap, but the Blitzwing mold is a dead ringer for Flywheels.

Amelie wrote:Looks like Powermasters are going to be one line that Hasbro won't homage during the Generations line... I wonder if Brainstorm is going to be a proper headmaster?

I doubt it. Hasbro doesn't want kids to lose the heads of Transformers! (though I don't know what difference it makes with all of the ball jointed heads that are missing in collections I buy).
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-25 Orion Pax vs Megatronus (1548654)
Posted by Seibertron on February 7th, 2014 @ 12:21pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:

Darn Sandstorm for making ridiculous retools a possibility. *shakes fist*

I agree! Plus this mold was designed for Rhinox!
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-25 Orion Pax vs Megatronus (1548655)
Posted by Mkall on February 7th, 2014 @ 12:21pm CST
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-25 Orion Pax vs Megatronus (1548664)
Posted by Seibertron on February 7th, 2014 @ 12:29pm CST
Mkall wrote:Nice galleries Ryan, have you by chance tried the Silver Sharpie Technique to improve Rhinox's guns?

I really really thought about it but decided against it since I know the Takara one will have paint apps and I'd like to show off the differences between the two molds. Would love to see what it looks like if someone else does it.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-25 Orion Pax vs Megatronus (1548665)
Posted by Dr Va'al on February 7th, 2014 @ 12:30pm CST
Sabrblade wrote:

Darn Sandstorm for making ridiculous retools a possibility. *shakes fist*

Also, wasn't Sandstorm the original design, and Springer the retool? :-?

(It's still a ridiculous one, but removing parts rather than adding them.)

Ah, here it is: http://www.seibertron.com/transformers/ ... art/28094/
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-25 Orion Pax vs Megatronus (1549377)
Posted by Dr Va'al on February 10th, 2014 @ 3:49am CST
Seibertron.com is proud to present not one, not two not three but four new Generations galleries! The Deluxes are here to help you in your recreations of the events in Dark Cybertron, if so you wished: Waspinator, Skids, Dreadwing and Goldfire. The first two are entirely new molds, while the latter are retooling and repaints of previous Generations Deluxes Megatron and Bumblebee; we've also made sure to show them off next to previous incarnations of the characters! Click on any of the images below for the full galleries.

Generations Waspinator

Generations Skids

Generations Dreadwing

Generations Goldfire

Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-25 Orion Pax vs Megatronus (1549409)
Posted by Agamemnon on February 10th, 2014 @ 8:59am CST

I have to ask a question: did you have trouble with Skids falling over backwards? I don't know if I have him mis-transformed or something, but he seemed very back heavy. Some of your pics had him leaning quite a bit forward, but I didn't know if that was to get his guns all lined up or if you also had stability issues. With feet as big as Skids has, I'd think he would be more stable.

Thanks!
-Ag
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-25 Orion Pax vs Megatronus (1549410)
Posted by welcometothedarksyde on February 10th, 2014 @ 9:04am CST
I still want a Smokescreen from the legends Starscream mold.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-25 Orion Pax vs Megatronus (1549418)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 10th, 2014 @ 9:57am CST
welcometothedarksyde wrote:I still want a Smokescreen from the legends Starscream mold.

Huh?

Agamemnon wrote:

Many of them have been mis-assembled. Look at the figure's gray upper thigh pieces. If the left one has an "R" on it and the right one has an "L" on it, that's your problem. Luckily they pop right off so you can switch them without unscrewing anything or removing any pins. HOWEVER, even when they're assembled correctly, he's still a bit back-heavy due to his lack of "heels".

Play around with his legs some more; they have stiff joints and may bend more than you think. if you can get him into a sort of chicken-leg stance with his feet back as far as possible and his torso out over his toes, that helps.

He really just needs a piece of plastic to fold down on the backs of his feet; so many other figures have this I'm surprised they overlooked it on Skids.
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-25 Orion Pax vs Megatronus (1549460)
Posted by SW's SilverHammer on February 10th, 2014 @ 12:26pm CST
GuyIncognito wrote:

Huh?

Dreadwings' companion piece, the small blue jet oft mistaken for energon Starscream, is named smokescreen
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-25 Orion Pax vs Megatronus (1549461)
Posted by GuyIncognito on February 10th, 2014 @ 12:31pm CST
Ah, I forgot Smokescreen was once a jet!
Re: New Galleries: Takara Tomy Generations TG-25 Orion Pax vs Megatronus (1549476)
Posted by Seibertron on February 10th, 2014 @ 1:19pm CST
Agamemnon wrote:Great galleries as always, Seibertron! (Seriously, I think you could sell me the ugliest piece of plastic crud out there.  )

Thanks!
-Ag

Thanks for the compliments about the galleries. I'm glad you are enjoying them, Agamemnon.

As for Skids, unfortunately he has stability issues. :(

Ending Soon On eBay

5" SALVAGE figure GARBAGE TRUCK playskool TRANSFORMERS RESCUE BOTS heroes ROBOT - Time Remaining: 6 days 2 hours 42 minutes 3 seconds
Transformers G1 Pretender Waverider Figure - 100% Complete - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 57 minutes 58 seconds
TRANSFORMERS COMBINER WARS AUTOBOT PROWL *SHIPS WORLDWIDE* - Time Remaining: 6 days 16 hours 12 minutes 51 seconds
Transformers G1 Rodimus Prime - Original Generation 1 Figure - Time Remaining: 5 days 3 hours 58 minutes 3 seconds
MIB TAKARA TRANSFORMERS BEAST WARS VS 17  BIG MOTH VS AUTOSTINGER 1999 - Time Remaining: 4 days 4 hours 43 minutes 57 seconds
Transformers G1 Trypticon 100% Complete - Original Generation 1 - Time Remaining: 4 days 12 hours 59 minutes 51 seconds
G1 Transformers autobot SKIDS original empty BOX (only) - Time Remaining: 5 days 1 hour 46 minutes 14 seconds
Transformers G1 Headmaster "RAMP ACCESSORY" Fortress Maximus Vintage 1987 - Time Remaining: 5 days 5 hours 34 minutes 36 seconds
Transformers Podcast: Twincast / Podcast #153 - Last Knights of Cybertron
"Last Knights of Cybertron"
Posted: Monday, August 15th, 2016